Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Questions for Adam's Chat 4-3-2013

TexasGranny

Several counties we are familiar with purposely keep their currency value low for competitive reasons.  Concerning Iraq we are told their reason is to facilitate the rebuilding of the infrastructure more cheaply.  What is the incentive in Iraq to changing this policy any time soon?

• Upvote 5

Morning Adam. We seem to have had a lot of really good news again this week. The Iraqi parliament seems to be working at full throttle. Do you think John Kerry's visit had any influence on them actually getting some work done and do you this the U.S. still has a strong influence in Iraq. Additionally, what do you see as being the next move in all of this? Do you think the INF / WB has set more deadlines for them to complete this considering the mess of the world economy? . Sorry for so many questions :)

• Upvote 2

Good morning Adam, thanks for remaining the sole voice of reason in all 

this. Do you think it is possible for Iraq to come out of ch 7, as stated by the

IMF , and not RV? If so what do you think the ramifications of such an action 

would be? 

• Upvote 4

Hi Adam and thanks for all you do! My question is more of a two cents thing.... If they do come out at a low rate ,let's say 10 cents , and give a 90 day "cash-in" period, what's the likelihood that the rate would rise in that 90 period? I know they would want to keep it low as they set the price ,but wouldn't all the currency exchange activity surrounding the dinar, at that time, affect the exchange rate internationally? Thanks in advance, as I'm just trying to understand a few things myself.

Sincerely,

Uncle Barkie

• Upvote 1

Thanks for taking our questions. I have always thought that Maliki was a hurdle for the RV for various reasons. His last term is supposed to be up soon (I thought in April), but I have not seen any news about elections or his possible successor. Could you fill us in as to where Iraq stands regarding the PM and elections? Also, if you feel that I am off base in my thoughts on Maliki, please let me know. I appreciate everything.

A Jordanian friend invested today, and suggested the worst thing Iraq could do to us is re-print the currency, making all we have bought obsolete. The possibility has not been mentiuoned in some time, and so I thought I'd ask ... again.

Hi Adam,  I read in one of the articles that iraq was making a loan to Egypt of $4billion dollars.  The other day I came upon another article that stated:   United States officials warn of disaster unless Egypt soon carries out a package of tax increases and subsidy cuts tied to a $4.8 billion loan from the International Monetary Fund. That would persuade other lenders that Egypt was creditworthy enough to obtain billions more in additional loans needed to meet its yawning deficit. But fearful of a public reaction at a time when the streets are already near boiling, the government of President Mohamed Morsi has so far resisted an I.M.F. deal, insisting that Egypt can wait.  Am I confusing two different scenarios?

Also, the work that needs to be done regarding the two "R's" bank, will they accomplish this in short term? Thank you again
  • Upvote 1

Hi Adam. First thanks for keeping us grounded here for so many years with this "Lottery ticket" investment.....

My question is with all the recent articles coming out talking bout Iraq wanting to RV/RI to a higher rate (which most could of been Guru babble), in YOUR OPINION (and we all know you dont give rates/dates) do you see the dinar coming out at something decent around a buck and some change....? because wouldn't Iraq WANT to have their currency on par or a tad higher than the USD to get the Iraqis to use Dinar instead of USD? 

Hiya Adam! Here's a quick question, how does the May 22nd deadline which is I believe the said expiration date of the Development Fund for Iraq, would help motivate or influence the "push" of things being signed/approved/removal regarding Chapter 7 and the HCL?  After that, it appears there's nothing more left to do other than regular administrative needs or requirements within the laws that are to take place?  As always, many many thanks for all that you do for us! :-)

Edited by Freedomwish
  • Upvote 1

Adam, as indicated in many above, lots of news out this past 10 days, some saying Ch 7 released, Budget posted in Gaz...etc. So what are they waiting for? What should we see next? Will is be on a Tuesday. LOL.  Thanks as always.

A Kuwaiti newspaper: blessed to visit Baghdad next month
02-04-2013 10:46 PM

Baghdad (newsletter).Al Watan said that Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak to Baghdad, which confirmed the Kuwaiti and Iraqi diplomatic sources they were scheduled for the last third of the month, has been postponed to next month, because of its association with special concerns, including the schedule of his visit to Britain for further medical examinations.

http://www.microsoft...rticle&id=80092

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/145198-a-kuwaiti-newspaper-blessed-to-visit-baghdad-next-month/#ixzz2PMBT60nB

[Adam Montana] So if I had to put a date on anything, I would definitely be aiming for mid to late April. (I hate giving dates, and I have historically avoided doing so. This is just a "watch" date, not a prediction.)

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/144215-adams-wed-chat-3-20-2013/#ixzz2PMBi931L

Two weeks ago, you gave a window, has this window changed? based on the article above, or any other article you've read? :ph34r:

Hi Adam, I have been reading on the smart card in Iraq. From what I have read, the use of the smart card will actually nullify the need for cash. People will pay their bills with the smart card. They will use the smart card to buy and pay for anything that they need. The card keeps complete track of their bank accounts, debts etc. So, by implementing the smart card... there won't be a huge need for cash money. So my question is, could this be why all of the dinar are being removed from the marketplace? We have been reading about removal of the dinar and the shortage. People tie this to the RV. But I now see that there might not be a need for the Dinar. What are your thoughts on this? 

General Amnesty Law appears to be around the corner. Once this is passed, in your opinion, what's next?

Iraqi Cabinet to vote on General Amnesty Law, A & J Law on Tuesday

Monday, 01 April 2013 16:40 | pdf_button.png | printButton.png | emailButton.png

Baghdad (AIN) -MP Radad al-Dahlaki of the Iraiqya Slate announced that "The Council of Ministers will vote, during Tuesday session, on the amendment of the General Amnesty Law and the Accountability & Justice Law."

Dahlaki stated to All Iraq News Agency (AIN) "The Council of Ministers agreed that the laws which are molded by the Five-Side Commission are displayed for vote at the CoM without discussion as being petitioned and discussed by the Five-Side Commission."

"The CoM, then, sends the two law drafts to the parliament for vote," he added. /End/

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/145073-iraqi-cabinet-to-vote-on-general-amnesty-law-a-j-law-on-tuesday/#ixzz2PMJM1gRo