Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What happened to Chapter 7? Today was supposed to be the day! Does anyone know?

rstreams

Actually, nothing official was mentioned about Iraq being lifted from CH7 on the 31st.

What was stated was Ban Ki-Moon telling Iraq and Kuwait that they must have resolutions 833 and 899  completed by March 31st.  These two resolutions 833 which is official moving of the border.  And resolution 899 which is compensation to the Iraqi families who had to move due to the border being moved.

These two resolutions were completed on March 28th, so they met their deadline.

Also, if you read the the article of Ban Ki-Moon, he (Moon) stressed to Iraq and Kuwait that a significant historical event was coming up that was important to both countries.  This was not referring to an RV but to a big event to take place soon.

My opinion, this is April 9th, as this was the day 10 yrs ago, we brought down Saddam's statue and stated , "Iraq is free from dictatorship." 

So what better day to tell Iraq on April 9th that, "Iraq you are now a free country and lifted from all CH7 resolutions.

• Upvote 13

Hopefully this year we will see the sanctions removed

Must have patience. UNSC is in no hurry to get this done

They've sure seemed to be in a hurry to get it done over the past few weeks. Kobler has mentioned the Kuwaiti issues as paving the way for removal, and Ban has told them, several times, to finish the border issues. To wait now, after Iraq has finished with its obligations, would be holding Iraq, and the world, back just because they don't feel like it just yet? We see, on another thread, Kuwait is positively begging Iraq to invite their Prime Minister to Iraq to sign the completion documents. To hold them back now, just because their next regular hearing isn't scheduled for a few months, is unfair to Iraq, and could be catastrophic for the teetering world economy.

• Upvote 3

SXSESS, had to give you a (+) for your first commit. You been here to long my friend to know all those phases.

Just getting tired of this crap Chuck. I feel this will happen at some point, but the longer this goes on the deeper our country slides into the abyss...I need this now in order to put my plans into motion, like everyone one else i'm sure!

• Upvote 4

I am pretty sure I am correct.  The article from the PM of Kuwait, last sentence stated along with him would be his economic, finance and media delegations.  We also know we have dignitaries from all over the world arriving in Iraq.  This is a HUGE deal for Iraq and it will be broadcasted globally.  I doubt they will do this on any other day than the 9th since it held such importance for Iraq a decade ago exactly.

Matter of fact, I would watch Obama's and Biden's schedules as I bet at least one of them will be attending.

Also, watch for articles showing expanded security around Baghdad coming in the next couple of days. 

Edited by icfaith
  • Upvote 4

We shall see. At least this is being discussed without any guru comments!

I agree.  Since 2005, I have researched this dinar.  I've learned that most of the articles Iraq publish or articles about Iraq published usually have one key sentence that has valuable meaning and the rest is BS.  I also need this to begin some major projects.

Last thing I will ever do is follow the guru crud.  Just thru research I gain knowledge.

Also to restate, this is about Iraq being moved off CH7, NOT the RV.

God bless.

Edited by icfaith
  • Upvote 6

Wounder what SWFloridaguy has to say about this. Have not heard from him in some time.

Actually he has been on fairly recently............wonder what your Wells Fargo banker who was home shopping has to say about all the latest news......can you bring us up to date?  Did he purchase?

They've sure seemed to be in a hurry to get it done over the past few weeks. Kobler has mentioned the Kuwaiti issues as paving the way for removal, and Ban has told them, several times, to finish the border issues. To wait now, after Iraq has finished with its obligations, would be holding Iraq, and the world, back just because they don't feel like it just yet? We see, on another thread, Kuwait is positively begging Iraq to invite their Prime Minister to Iraq to sign the completion documents. To hold them back now, just because their next regular hearing isn't scheduled for a few months, is unfair to Iraq, and could be catastrophic for the teetering world economy.

I agree with you, Ban has made this promises since 2010, immediately after they removed Iraq from "almost all international sanctions".

Here's a clip from 2010 news....

US Vice President Joe Biden, chairing the high-level meeting, noted that the number of violent attacks in Iraq had fallen and he said the people there had "flatly rejected the grim future offered by extremists". 

"Iraq is on the cusp of something remarkable - a stable, self-reliant nation," he said.

But UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon said Iraq must make efforts to agree a border with Kuwait and to agree on a dispute over war reparations if all sanctions were to be ended....../

Edited by zul

Iraq has had plenty of time to get its border demarcation completed.

And still they wait to the last minute before a deadline. And for what a couple of homes and farms??

Although this is  an achievement in the eyes of the UNSC. I doubt that they will hold a special session just for this.

This article link http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alsumarianews.com%2Far%2F1%2F44459%2Fnews-details-Iraq%2520politics%2520news.html

is an article from last July .

We know they will eventually be released. But I dont think the council will look at historical dates to time with the release of sanctions.

As far as Kuwait begging Iraq to sign the documents. I doubt it. These meetings were set up a long time ago.

Does the UNSC look at world economics and gauge the threat of a sanctioned country by the state of the Worlds economic problems?

These are just my opinions of course,  and maybe there is a hidden aggenda of the UNSC and conspiracy behind this. I just don't see it.