Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

American Spirit

Heavyduty053

What has happened to the American can do spirit where all of us stood together to stop what we know is wrong from being implemented as control over us. Has the evil of this world consumed that many people's mind into thinking there is no use to try anymore. Does everyone let a political party do their thinking for them now. Does a man or woman stand before you and speak words to capture your vote then hold you captive to their wrong doing.

Political parties does not hold the Constitution as truth anymore. Congressman and President's do not hold true to their Oath of office anymore. It can be seen if you will open your eyes. People of the nation have closed their eyes to what's going on hoping that it will go away or someone will get it right. The American spirit and the will to survive is  all but just about gone. Look at the election year's more and more people are throwing up their hands and do not even want to vote anymore, never mind that blood was shed for that freedom. No one wants to stand together anymore for the cause of what our Constitution say's is supposed to be right for this country. Our forefathers hammered out a pathway for this country for then and the future through many a night and day prayer that God would give them the right words for generations to come, and he did. Now the American spirit is letting a few hold the masses captive to their sinful thinking and refuse to stand together to stop it..........America the beautiful, the beautiful site of the Eagle flying, the history that so many gave their lives for, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights all going down the drain because people doesn't think its important enough to fight for anymore.

There is a day of accountability coming for this country, you will open your eyes then when your freedoms are gone and America is no more than a country controlled. It is coming. I remember reading an article back in 1992 about the future of America becoming a police state being watched by camera's, control of your movements, it is sitting up now, some of it is already here, all in the name of Homeland Security. Try that one on for size.

• Upvote 3

Sad to say Heavyduty except "we" as a nation repent it may be upon us sooner rather than later....still I believe the TRUTH of God's promise in 2Ch 7:14 

"....if my people who are called by my Name will humble themselves and pray and turn from their wicked ways...then will I hear from heaven and forgive their sins and heal their land..."

IMHO it is the only hope we have to avoid the loss of our liberty  :eagle:  :twocents:

• Upvote 1

Eagle I agree with you....America has been heading in a Godless direction for a long time and we are reaping what we are sowing. This is not to say that there are God fearing people left in this country, but the majority is Godless. He also said that the end time would be like this. Less and less people mainly the young are growing up defying God's principles and forming morals of sinful nature.   He also said it rains on the just and the unjust alike and that is happening now. the good news is we don't have to worry about death, dying or heaven or hell if we are a follower of Christ.

The bible says the those who allow Satan to direct their lives will be with him when they are separated in Judgement.

• Upvote 2

Sometimes we feel there is no ending or should I say a positive ending to the era of time. 

We will not recover our unalienable rights through power and armaments, but through prayer we shall receive the greatest joy.  Prayer is a powerful weapon.  Trust in God and let God act. 

EagleEye thank you for bringing one of my favorite scriptures, very powerful but with simplicity. 

Heavy you make valid points on this country drifting away.  We need to focus on our young youth, adults and help bring them back to God.  This is where we are losing the battle. 

Another way of getting a grip on this wrong doing.  Look in your own backyard.  I mean look at the one group that has higher authority than the President of the United States.  The "Sheriff", the county sheriff has total power to stand against the unconstitutional rulings, executive orders and unlawful rulings from the courts, the president and congress, even from state and local governments that violate our constitutional rights.  They are part of the Executive Branch.

In Article VI, paragraph 3 of the US Constitution, it clearly states:

"...all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and the of the several States, shall be bound by oath or

affirmation to support this Constitution."

We need to get behind the one group that will uphold our Constitutional rights.

In order to conquer evil, we have to educate ourselves in all areas.  In our politics, and first and foremost in our Faith. Build you relationship with God, and he will give you the wisdom in which path to take.  

Happy Birthday Heavy!!!! 

• Upvote 1

Ah guys,  I"m a young wipper snapper, so please be gentle with me, but I for one think the best days of America are in front of us, not behind us.  When in your opinion were things great?  Seriously?  The 90's, 80's, 70's, 60's...when?  Pls provide an exact time, like a decade when everything was hunky dorrie?

Think about your parents, did they say similar things as you are saying now?  For those of you who grew up in the 60s, wasn't that a wild decade?  Free love (sex everywhere), war (Vietnam), drugs, civil unrest, political assasinations, economic discontent.  That was 50 years ago...

I know you want a better America, me too, honest,but I need your help as an older (and wiser) generation to step up and be positive.  We DO have problems, serious ones, but do they even come close to what they were in the 30s and 40s?  Depression, World War, Dust Bowls, Now those were BIG problems.  And what happen, our Greatest Generation stepped up and lead us on to become the greatest nation..EVER.

Please, be a beacon of hope and positive reinforcement for my generations, we need you.

Edited by Snowpickle
  • Upvote 1

I understand what you are saying and Yes the older generation is supposed to be a beacon of light for good but they have given up trying. The govt says we can't raise our kids with punishment for their wrongs anymore and parents are afraid to discipline a child. So where does the children learn that there are consequences for wrong doing. Parents are to busy to care in some cases so they give the kids free choice as long as they stay out of their hair. It is not one person fault but God says each person will be held accountable for his own actions......Parents will be held accountable for their children's raising.....All will be held accountable for letting this nation sink into evil ways. Lots of people didn't know that.

Ah guys,  I"m a young wipper snapper, so please be gentle with me, but I for one think the best days of America are in front of us, not behind us.  When in your opinion were things great?  Seriously?  The 90's, 80's, 70's, 60's...when?  Pls provide an exact time, like a decade when everything was hunky dorrie?

Think about your parents, did they say similar things as you are saying now?  For those of you who grew up in the 60s, wasn't that a wild decade?  Free love (sex everywhere), war (Vietnam), drugs, civil unrest, political assasinations, economic discontent.  That was 50 years ago...

I know you want a better America, me too, honest,but I need your help as an older (and wiser) generation to step up and be positive.  We DO have problems, serious ones, but do they even come close to what they were in the 30s and 40s?  Depression, World War, Dust Bowls, Now those were BIG problems.  And what happen, our Greatest Generation stepped up and lead us on to become the greatest nation..EVER.

Please, be a beacon of hope and positive reinforcement for my generations, we need you.

• Upvote 1

I guess I am (reluctantly) in the older generation you mentioned, although in my heart I feel like a young patriot...

Being born in 1965 has given me the advantage of seeing an unbelieveable amount if change in the world and the way we live in it, especially with regards to technology, the Internet, cell phones, etc. and I have come to believe that as with all things there is a healthy balance... (For example cell phones have offered me the peace of mind of feeling "connected" to my 12 year old and 14 year old when we are not together...we can reach out to each other any time we need to... On the other hand, I grow tired of seeing their faces "aglow" constantly as they "stay connected" with all their friends through all the social media..).(yes they have "private settings" and I'm diligent enough to "follow" friend and monitor all uses of their phone, as well as limit phone use when we have family time...)

As a veteran teacher of 20+ years, currently teaching a classroom of 5th graders, not only do I have the opportunity to "balance" the present with history lessons from the past, but I also have the opportunity to "weigh in" pros and cons from each time period we visit... My most uncomfortable reconcliations with our nation's history are when students ask for me to explain why we treated Native Americans so horribly and why did we enslave African Americans and continue to deny them equal rights once they were freed... In these and other difficult situations I try to offer that although our country was founded with all the best intentions, it is still young and has definitely made mistakes... The most important thing we can do is to learn from these mistakes so as not to repeat them ever... And we each should do our part by being productive and informed citizens and vote responsibly as we continue to choose those who serve in our government...

I know this sounds a little nieive, but as disheartened as I can feel about the things that I have read and some if what I believe is wrong about our government, I still believe in my country. I believe our Constitution can and will prevail and that these are just more trying times that will go down in history as when our country and Constitution have been put to some very real tests in the past. Ultimately, each of us does have to be responsible Americans and held accountable for our actions. I don't think those in power are any different...

I for one will continue to balance all the negativity I hear (and sometimes believe) about what is wrong with our government, with as much love of country and prayers for God to truly Bless America in whatever way is His will for us as a nation.

I know this sounds like a rambling post... I just wanted to offer my two cents from the generation you were speaking about...

I don't think any one of us should take our freedoms for granted, and there is a reason our forefathers added the inalienable rights to our Constitution. I for one, even at my age would fight to preserve them, and am so very grateful to all who came before me who gave their lives not only so I could KNOW that I have rights GIVEN TO ME BY MY CREATOR, but also that I could persue life, liberty and happiness BECAUSE I have them...

• Upvote 2

Awesome post Guys. See, we may be generations apart, but we all want a Strong America. 

Heavy, you will get no disagreement from me regarding personal accountablity, and that it begins with strong family morals.

KCT,  you seem like a person I'd like to know better.  A teacher?  One of the most difficult jobs in the world (besides a US warfighter).  You are the second step for building a better America, Heavy hit upon the first, that is Family.

• Upvote 1

I believe our words are very powerful. We've been created in the image and likeness of God. God spoke creation into existence. There is death and life in the power of the tongue and those who love it shall eat the fruit thereof. Heavy, we need to continue to pray for our country. But I also believe we need to understand the God we serve is a God that is going to get glory as well. What I mean is we may go through trials and tribulations but God will be glorified in/through them. Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. I don't believe God is finished with America, the gospel is being shared all over the world because the American Spirit is being lead by the Holy Spirit and that's a good thing. We have a responsibility to glorify God and as we do God will show up. When will Jesus return, when the last soul to be saved is saved! Keep on preaching brother, he who wins souls is wise. Snowpickle I believe we will see some great days as you do. It's through the tough times that the American Spirit shines, that's what makes us so unique as a nation. We don't sit on our pity pot, we make things happen. We will overcome these seemingly dark times. America is still a diamond in the rough, that pressure along with time will produce those precious stones! I appreciate you Heavy, you keep on keep'n on and you have to be touching peoples lives. I've been touched, I can tell you that without a doubt. Heavy, you know your ministry is great because you serve a great God!

Not to change the subject but let me take the time to say,

HAPPY EASTER to all of you and your families.

• Upvote 1

My beliefs is this, God inspires and motivates a man and a woman to do right if they have a desire to do so. When a man and a woman choose to become a father and a mother and God chooses to give them a child, they are held accountable for the raising of that child. God watches this day in and day out. He knows who is fulfilling their responsibility and who has left it to someone else. If that child is raised within a Godly home they will know the difference between right and wrong. Parents take the inspiring role then along with God who still has a hand in it. If the child decides to walk a different path toward ruin then mom and dad is is liable in God's eyes, they have done what God asked of them. The Young man or woman is at the age to decide for themselves.

Govt has told us that we can't discipline our children anymore because it's abuse. There is a fine line  between abuse and discipline and this is where God inspired the adults to do right......Spare the rod and spoil the child....Do anyone know what this means for parents......it means a good backside paddling when it is needed makes a child remember that there is right and wrong and if they choose to cross the line there is consequences. This is formal steps to teach a child to become a parent. This is what God was talking about.....You can't say you did the best you could in raising a child when you let him or her get by with what ever they have done wrong over and over again because you disliked discipline. Parents are to busy being their childs best friend instead of teaching a child how to stay out of jail by doing whats right.....How a child grows up reflects a lot on the way they was raised.......SO now let me give you an example......Lets say you have a good relationship with your teenager, I mean that child will say mom and dad was the best they never scolded me to much for the things they did wrong. That child has moved passed good old mom and dad and got into a gang. They got bored so they get into a gang or some of their best friends introduces them to drugs because its exciting. Mom and dad don't matter anymore. They didn't have that right or wrong knowledge to think about. Like many young kids today they get into serious trouble. Did those parents do what God expected of them when he blesses them with a child......God watches after us and he will scold us in some ways when we cross the line...so are we to watch after a child and show them the way.....The age of accountability has no certain year of ones life....It is when one understands and comprehends right from wrong, at that moment God holds you accountable for that one thing.

The message is this: Society has told parents for the last 20 years that spanking a child is abuse. The law, the judges, the professors, the psychologists say don't spank your child it will cause them to grow up to be n abuser, a killer. BULL it teaches them what God said. I will leave it at that because i'm sure someone will blast me with disagreement and that is fine.....All I know is My father didn't spare the spankings when I sneaked around and did things......I grew up to love God and would like to say that I have a little wisdom after 59 years....but I am not an abuser, I love people and I love life, it is precious. This is just my opinion.

Awesome post Guys. See, we may be generations apart, but we all want a Strong America. 

Heavy, you will get no disagreement from me regarding personal accountablity, and that it begins with strong family morals.

KCT,  you seem like a person I'd like to know better.  A teacher?  One of the most difficult jobs in the world (besides a US warfighter).  You are the second step for building a better America, Heavy hit upon the first, that is Family.

Putting all other things aside for now and let God's light shine through today as never before. Today is special and lets treat it as such. Jesus was whipped, cursed, spit upon, speared, nailed to the cross because he loved all of us......Lets return the favor and just sit for a moment with your eyes closed and thank God for all you have been blessed with, Good or bad because there is a reason in heaven for it all. Glory be to the father and to the son and to the Holy Ghost......My prayer for all of you today is that you will remember to thank God, that he will guide your paths and have a blessed and safe day.  Amen   Jesus said don't worry about tomorrow for I am already there.

• Upvote 1