Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Hello! I have a couple of questions

gainesm

Greetings everyone!  I'm relatively new to the site (have been reading but not posting), and bought dinar in 2005.  I socked it away and tried to forget I had it so as not to drive myself crazy with all the rumors...until very recently when I saw an Iraqi official on television talking about how the possibility of maintaining a 15% increase against the USD could be sustainable.  Since then, I've been checking various sites and am a little confused on some facts and was hoping you all might be able to point me in the right direction.  I have read through many forum threads over the past couple of weeks, but obviously have not been able to read everything, so if these questions are answered somewhere easily accessible - please just point me in that direction and accept my apologies for being too big a newbie! :)

Firstly, what names do you trust most in terms of rumor/summaries?  Over on another site a bunch of "gurus" post pretty frequently, but none seem to be in agreement - and it was only in coming here that I found out not to trust some names (like TerryK).  Are there others you would deem more reliable or trustworthy?

Secondly, I keep seeing references to different RV rates - but the ones that seem to be consistent are the ones that place it around 1:1.13 (IQD/USD) and 1:3.42(IQD/USD).   Most recently I have seen these referenced as numbers coming from the Ministry of Planning and the 2013 Iraq Budget, respectively...but I cannot seem to find any actual source material where I can read these rates being discussed.  I've also seen reference to a IMF report/study from a couple of years ago that said the IQD should be more than the dollar but less than the British Pound - but, again, cannot find the actual report.  If any of you can point me to where I can read the source material itself - not someone's reposting of the quotes or summaries, I'd be hugely thankful.

Thirdly, I did some reading recently about Iraq being an "exchange regime", and I looked that up on Wikpedia, but it made me wonder whether or not Iraq would be likely to have a RV if they are actually going to be considered a free/managed float currency.  Can any of you help me understand why you would think they would RV as opposed to being a free/managed float?  From what I read it seemed to suggest that the current exchange rate my continue to exist and increase upwards (e.g. the Dinar would become more valuable against the U.S. Dollar) only in a very slow growth that was managed for many years - so that there would NOT be a sudden increase/decrease in value.  Am I understanding this correctly?  If so, how does that come into play with the idea of a LOP or RV?

Thanks very much for all your help.  :)

• Upvote 1

hey gains welcome too the ride of dreams -----> that article with the 15% against the u.s. dollar i believe it was used to get the g.o.i to agree with c.b.i. too  move the rates of dinar up to 1000 to 1 { still under the .ooo mark but instead of 1166 it would be .1ooo to 1 -------    as far as the rumors and best chatter in the rumor mills , i do not look for any one person of group, as they will always say what the average dinar holder is wishing they will see i print { that the dinar will be 3 or 4 or 5 to 1 u.s.}  when looking into rumors  read all the under poster members they usually will put the article as not true or from years ago type spin ,,, just read the rumor and double and triple check , all forums and news sites to stay informed with the rumor of that day,, the  latest 1.13 or 1 to 1  this is really getting a lot of play a news source has stated the dinar can go back to previous rates , A BIG WHOO HOOO  now we wait too see if it hits the dinar site in a few different area`s of play,  basically read , hope , and wait  ,, all we can really do, if you hear dinar has revalued  too anything over 1 penny it will be like red hot fire through all dinar sites ,,, jeep guy thinks 2 too 1 will be just fine :peace:

• Upvote 1

Welcome, Gains! I believe there is a post pinned to the top of "off topics" forum telling you the list of people to ignore, but maybe it was just suggested to pin and never got done, I don't know. We love :wub:  SWFG and HE in turn loves BGG and Poppy3, who some people here don't care for. Basically, like Jeep said, read the comments written UNDER the rumors and you'll learn pretty quickly who is trusted by the majority of members. If the rumors get to be too much for you, stay out of that forum and just read the news that's posted.  :twocents:

With luck, the ride will be over soon and it won't matter!  :shrug:

KK

• Upvote 1

Hmmm.... :blink:

well...to be honest...any of the "Akamai" DV-Vets...should know.

1.  TRUST NO one...everyone is guessing and no one really knows what will happen.

2.  the Rate is what CBI sets...how they chose to adjust it is up to them...again...no one really knows what the CBI will do. everyone is guessing.

3.  This is IRAQ we are talking about....No one ever accused them as being Logical. 

:D

• Upvote 1

Hi all,

I am new here, and am curious? 

I don't know much about the Dinar and have only started reading about all this. 2 years ago my Godfather asked my brothers, dad, cousins & I if we wanted to invest in something. Everyone put in different amounts, basically what they wanted or could afford to lose. I out in $120.00 not alot but I am not much for gambling on things...but my godfather is the same way. Anyway, he said $120.00 will make me $100,000 if it happens or or more. I was assuming he meant this Dinar RV? I have no idea, I will call him either way to find out more. 

Hi everyone, and thanks for the warm welcome. :)

I tried looking for that off-topic post with the list of names, but did not see it pinned.  Ah well.  

I'll keep an eye out for more from SWFG - is that the person going by "South West Florida Guy"?  I've seen a few rumors from him and noticed immediately that he comes across with his news in a much more reserved/measured way than most of the others.  Is "BGG" the actual name used or is that an abbreviation for something else?  I'm not sure who that is.  Also, I just saw something from Poppy3 be verified - so I'll try not to just dismiss his posts out of hand.  I appreciate the advice there.

Anyone have any links to source articles that can point to the supposed statements and reports people keep referencing?

By the way - I'd just like to say how glad I am that you guys have this forum...it's the only one I feel I can read with any degree of confidence in the general sanity level of those who are posting...although, I suppose those could be famous last words. :D

• Upvote 2

Gaines & Jen, it's all speculation. We get translations of newspaper articles from several members and try to understand what they mean, and sometimes we get opposite opinions in articles in a day. The members here will chime in with their take on what is posted, but none of us know for sure what's happening. Like I said, a lot of people here respect SWFG's opinions, and he seems to be very thorough when we get his posts. Most of the Gurus are just making news articles say what they want us to hear so we go buy more dinar. It's all opinions and speculations. Hopes and wishes.

Basically, the easiest thing to do is put away your dinar and wait to hear on the news that it's been rved. Following too closely will drive you mad!

We do have fun on here, like Betty Boop's crystal thread... and a few other long-standing off topic posts. We don't just discuss the dinar, we have a lot of off topic posts that help us bond as a sort of online family. Jokes, spiritually uplifting stuff, gun control and so forth. If you only want the "facts", stick to the news section, but remember, even that can be contradictory and therefore frustrating.

Edit: Welcome to dv!

KK

Edited by KiaKaha
  • Upvote 2

Greetings everyone!  I'm relatively new to the site (have been reading but not posting), and bought dinar in 2005.  I socked it away and tried to forget I had it so as not to drive myself crazy with all the rumors...until very recently when I saw an Iraqi official on television talking about how the possibility of maintaining a 15% increase against the USD could be sustainable.  Since then, I've been checking various sites and am a little confused on some facts and was hoping you all might be able to point me in the right direction.  I have read through many forum threads over the past couple of weeks, but obviously have not been able to read everything, so if these questions are answered somewhere easily accessible - please just point me in that direction and accept my apologies for being too big a newbie! :)

Firstly, what names do you trust most in terms of rumor/summaries?  Over on another site a bunch of "gurus" post pretty frequently, but none seem to be in agreement - and it was only in coming here that I found out not to trust some names (like TerryK).  Are there others you would deem more reliable or trustworthy?

Secondly, I keep seeing references to different RV rates - but the ones that seem to be consistent are the ones that place it around 1:1.13 (IQD/USD) and 1:3.42(IQD/USD).   Most recently I have seen these referenced as numbers coming from the Ministry of Planning and the 2013 Iraq Budget, respectively...but I cannot seem to find any actual source material where I can read these rates being discussed.  I've also seen reference to a IMF report/study from a couple of years ago that said the IQD should be more than the dollar but less than the British Pound - but, again, cannot find the actual report.  If any of you can point me to where I can read the source material itself - not someone's reposting of the quotes or summaries, I'd be hugely thankful.

Thirdly, I did some reading recently about Iraq being an "exchange regime", and I looked that up on Wikpedia, but it made me wonder whether or not Iraq would be likely to have a RV if they are actually going to be considered a free/managed float currency.  Can any of you help me understand why you would think they would RV as opposed to being a free/managed float?  From what I read it seemed to suggest that the current exchange rate my continue to exist and increase upwards (e.g. the Dinar would become more valuable against the U.S. Dollar) only in a very slow growth that was managed for many years - so that there would NOT be a sudden increase/decrease in value.  Am I understanding this correctly?  If so, how does that come into play with the idea of a LOP or RV?

Thanks very much for all your help.  :)

theres a search engine located at the top of the page

Edited by dontlop

im sure you noticed the different forums listed on main page . each one has  a meaning under each forum .. like the news forum says it must be accompanied by a link with a reputable  source ...

if you go to the rumors section and read something listed as a rumor  then  thats on you  wheter or not you choose to believev it   whether it fits into what you hav read over the years  .. so i believe people chat freely in those forums ..

check out the definition of each forum .. then make your own judgements ..  and you can determin who you think is trustworthy ..

Dinar Rumors

Speculation and Rumors go here. As with the rest of the site, there is no bashing or trash talk. You may or may not agree with the posts, but you will respect the members!

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/#ixzz2P4ge0JN9

see each forum  has a definition of itself listed

Iraq & Dinar Related News

All general stories about Iraqi News and Dinar Currency here. Must have links to relevant articles from trusted news sources.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/#ixzz2P4gxrDqv .. see heres the news forums rules

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1