Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Exchange Rate of Foreign Currency in Economic Feasibility Studies

These guys are corrupt.Look at our government,there isn't a congressman or senator that hasn't written a bogus check while in office.Insider trading,passing laws to compensate for their wrong doings.It kills me when people talk of how corrupt Iraqi politicians are,they learned it from our corrupt politicians.They are no worse than our elected officials.Sad,but true.Go RV! 

I agree in someways with you.....these guys are very corrupt, but wouldn't it make sense for them to get the RV done?  They obviously have access to large amounts of dinar, and if they could get it RV'd, they could make a mint! 

I guess my question is.....what is stopping them from RVing this?  I mean, even if they RV'd it over a dollar, they could walk away with millions, why wouldn't this bunch of morons not do that?  That really is my question. 

Can anyone answer this question?  Not bashing at all, just want to know, what my dinar friends think??? 

Go RV or RI !!!

:shrug:  :shrug:  :shrug:

• Upvote 2

Agreed, have to stay grounded.. no more riding the coaster.. And thanks! someones gotta represent the 90's babies here! I feel like im in an investment with all middle aged people.. 

Hey!  You will be middle aged before you know it.........what would you do without all our wisdom in this "investment"? :eyebrows:

• Upvote 1

Beggars can't be choosers my friend.. I'll take any date I can get!

hey bored ------> i know a lady who is hard up ,,,,, :o  i mean looking for a date also ,,,, are you still looking  :lol:  :blink:  sorry but that one was out there just waiting ,,,, have a great weekend folks and a special easter for those who do ,,,  and a 1.13. r.v.

• Upvote 1

That is correct......the official rate of the dinar hasnt been even close to.3.20 for quite sometime.....

This is very old documentation.....

Thanks for your post Keep. Most of us are aware of the current value of IDQ. IQD was over stated during the Saddam period. I do believe that IQD could trade at a higher value. Iraq has assets to support that. Infrastructure and the lack lack of a solid Government is Iraq's problem. Unfortunately, the GOI and CBI are quite corrupt. I wouldn't trust the boys in the sand pit, ever! Iraq, Iran and Syria are in bed with one another. I'm cool if I make a few bucks from this investment. I'm not going to dwell on it. I make my own money. 

• 3 weeks later...

No it hasn't, just last year it said $1.17.

Point being , imho, one of the biggest problems was fighting over the rate.

scuz me, but i've seen it several times at the MOP website as (1.134) dollar per dinar, reading it over the years...

i saw 1.170 in the 2012 draft budget, but we found it was not used.

Edited by starlight

This study was from when the official exchange rate was 3.20. a long long time ago. from my understanding, the study was to see at what rate the dinar could compete against the dollar.

Unfortunately - when looking this up on Google - you can find this same article posted back to 2007...  

I am sorry - but, this was a feasibility study when the exchange rate was 3.20 - back from Saddam's era...

I think this document is trying to establish a proper investment rate for infrastructure investment ..If they got only 1134 dinar for exports then it would be more advantageous to produce locally than to import! as it is now income from exports (oil) makes it too easy to import than establish local development ... It would reduce unemployment and increase GDP with less dependency on oil.