Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Investment advisor says yes to the dinar.

I got into this through my sisters father in law. We are all Registered Mental Health Nurses. Well, Gillian and her husband were at a family christening yesterday and they were talking about the dinar . (gillian, her husband , gary and gerry, gary's dad) . Gerry has about two years to go before he can retire but he has quit a lot of dinar bought and has been looking into he retirement option so that he might start putting some things in place now. He spoke to an independent financial advisor last week about his options and advised he was invested in the dinar. The advisor stated that he has met a few people who are also invested. He advised Gerry it is a good investment , all be it a speculative one. He feel that from what he knows and from what he has heard some of his colleagues say that the out comes for this investment will be very positive. He did not state if he had any "inside" information but did say that when it increases in value that rry will not need to worry about having to survive on his pension only. Just thought i would share and hopefully add to all the positive news there has been lately. :) .

Edited by BETTYBOOP
  • Upvote 17
  • Downvote 1

Betty Boop dear,

Thank you so much for the info... you bring an encouragement to us and also the rumor mill has been quiet so definitely it's a great news coming from you.  I feel the US is already spun all they could for the rumor and now UK is heating up.  I feel the UK banks and financial advisors are more open to talk about dinar than the US... I might be wrong.  Seems in the US either they will look at you with the deer at the headlight look or they tell you it's a scam and they ignore you or they think you are crazy and I like the rumor better than the real news.. :)

Hope you are doing well and the new job is just a better fitting for you.. any more news from your crystal...?

Love ya,

Me

• Upvote 4

That is one thing I want to see: After the Dinar hits, how are all these investment counselors going to defend their positions/staements about the dinar being a scam. Yes, even my son; a CPA said that it was a scam. I purchased 1 million dinar back in 2005 for him, and after I told him that I had purchased 2 million for myself, and 2 million for his mother (which she has since sold), he stated that it was a scam and that I wasted my money. I quickly went back and sold his million. Kinds wish I had kept it for myself now! LOL

If this investment ever pays off, he will hear a great big; I TOLD YA SO. :)

• Upvote 6

That is one thing I want to see: After the Dinar hits, how are all these investment counselors going to defend their positions/staements about the dinar being a scam. Yes, even my son; a CPA said that it was a scam. I purchased 1 million dinar back in 2005 for him, and after I told him that I had purchased 2 million for myself, and 2 million for his mother (which she has since sold), he stated that it was a scam and that I wasted my money. I quickly went back and sold his million. Kinds wish I had kept it for myself now! LOL

and he will kick himself in the two buns because you sold his.. glad you decided to keep yours.. but you still need to share with your wifey.. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My investment advisor said it was a good investment too. As a matter of fact he said to tell all of my friends and family about it and then have each one of them schedule an appointment with him to talk about any future wealth. Dont know if it was future wealth for him or us though.

• Upvote 3

I'm guessing y'all are divorced by the term "his mother"... I vote neither get one thin dime from you! I would have kept his million for myself if it were me... actually, being the mom I am, I'd have kept it for him. Our kkids haven't purchased any, but most are not in a position to spend any money out of their tight budgets, unfortunately... and we can't buy it for them. The only ones that expect to benefit are the 4 living at home... and it surely won't be anything luxurious. We didn't have time to purchase much before the unemployment lines started calling our names. :(

KK

• Upvote 1

you cant just say someone with a title says its a good idea so it is. im sure i could find a doctor that says letting leaches suck you is good for your health, 4 out of 5 dentists recommend brushing with colgate but im sure i could find you one who says brushing with urine is better. point being we know nothing about this "advisor" or his qualifications or how successful he has been with his clients money. also what is his depth of knownedge about the dinar, and foreign currency markets? most advisors deal with stocks, bonds, mutual funds, probably very few know very in depth about currency investing, especially wiht exotic, risky and speculative currencies.

• Upvote 1

you cant just say someone with a title says its a good idea so it is. im sure i could find a doctor that says letting leaches suck you is good for your health, 4 out of 5 dentists recommend brushing with colgate but im sure i could find you one who says brushing with urine is better. point being we know nothing about this "advisor" or his qualifications or how successful he has been with his clients money. also what is his depth of knownedge about the dinar, and foreign currency markets? most advisors deal with stocks, bonds, mutual funds, probably very few know very in depth about currency investing, especially wiht exotic, risky and speculative currencies.

On the other hand you do not know squat as to what this gentleman's adviser knows or doesn't know.  I do know the IRS is much more focused on currency investments than ever before via my accountant.  That in my opinion is interesting.  

My investment advisor said it was a good investment too. As a matter of fact he said to tell all of my friends and family about it and then have each one of them schedule an appointment with him to talk about any future wealth. Dont know if it was future wealth for him or us though.

Reminds me of a time when I spoke with an investment adviser at the bar. Gold was being speculated to be on the rise, and I had inquired him about that. He said that gold would be a bad investment and he had been telling his clients to sell it... Shortly after that, gold started to quickly rise..

Just because their an adviser does not mean they are correct. It does go both ways. What makes Betty's story interesting is that not ALL advisers shun the idea while in the past some people would think that it was.

I also find it funny how one would claim the idea as a scam. Its a currency, its not like what we bought doesn't hold any value. Is exchanging for Euros a scam? Or Yen?

I love it when people say stick to the stock market and mutual funds, I remember 2008 pretty well watching my 401K drop over 7K and that was before the really bad stuff hit - my buddy - a former broker - saved the day and showed me what to do, which was move everything into a stable value fund. Yet I haven't lost a single cent on the Iraqi dinar. Scam? I don't think so.

Thanks for the post Betty. Good as always.

Edited by Cosmo

I love it when people say stick to the stock market and mutual funds, I remember 2008 pretty well watching my 401K drop over 7K and that was before the really bad stuff hit - my buddy - a former broker - saved the day and showed me what to do, which was move everything into a stable value fund. Yet I haven't lost a single cent on the Iraqi dinar. Scam? I don't think so.

Thanks for the post Betty. Good as always.

Cosmo,

Just curious, did you get back into the stock market?  As of a week or so ago, it has made it back to its 2008 level.  A lot of people claim they got out before, the big drop, but if you were really smart, you would have got back into it say 2009 and road it back up.  The stock market on paper, factoring in inflation, hasn't gone up in 12 years.  I bought my dinar in 2006, I think it may have gone up about 30%, but that's not factoring in selling costs.  My bet, is I'd break even if I did sell.  The only thing that has saved my bacon is that I' have been dollar cost averaging in to the rising stock market, so the money I put in from 2009 on has made a decent return.  Looking at RE, my house is still only worth about half of what it was in 2008.  Short story long, there really hasn't been ANY investment winners for a long time, at least for me. :(

Cosmo,

Just curious, did you get back into the stock market?  As of a week or so ago, it has made it back to its 2008 level.  A lot of people claim they got out before, the big drop, but if you were really smart, you would have got back into it say 2009 and road it back up.  The stock market on paper, factoring in inflation, hasn't gone up in 12 years.  I bought my dinar in 2006, I think it may have gone up about 30%, but that's not factoring in selling costs.  My bet, is I'd break even if I did sell.  The only thing that has saved my bacon is that I' have been dollar cost averaging in to the rising stock market, so the money I put in from 2009 on has made a decent return.  Looking at RE, my house is still only worth about half of what it was in 2008.  Short story long, there really hasn't been ANY investment winners for a long time, at least for me. :(

I did but it was three years later, in 2011. I went through some rough times with a job loss prior to that and had to start my investments all over again once I returned to work. (this included my Iraq investment)

Let's cross our fingers something good happens here!  :rocking-chair: