Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

ENORRSTE'S BREAKDOWN & PERSPECTIVE

Enorrste:

This article,  {BELOW} as with most, tends to have some phrases that need to be better understood in order to know what the true impact of this article is.  Let's take them one at a time.

"It's an important step was waiting for Iraq to raise the value of the dinar."

Now, the question is this:  Is the World Bank waiting for Iraq to raise the dinar value BEFORE implementing its steps with the Rasheed and Rafadain bank?

Or, does the implementation of the changes at these banks make it "possible" for the dinar to rise in value? 

In order to understand it we go back to the first statement just prior to it:  "Counting and Planning Minister Ali Shukri, Sunday, announced the World Bank to start implementing his plans..."

This seems pretty clear to me:  The change in the banks is now being started

Therefore, I believe that we can dispense with the first possible meaning of the second sentence, namely the they will wait for the Iraq to raise the value PRIOR to implementing the changes.

This means, then, that the changes in the structure will ALLOW Iraq to raise its value, in some way.  It is not yet clear to me just how a structural change in these banks would be necessary prior to going to a free float.  Hopefully that reasoning will come out soon.

"The announcement of the World Bank to begin implementation of its plans to restructure the Rafidain Bank and Rasheed Bank government is an important step had been waiting Iraq."

Once again we have a strange ending to an otherwise simple statement.

What does "had been waiting Iraq" mean?  Does it mean that the WB had been waiting on Iraq to do something prior to implementing its restructuring plans? 

Or does it mean that IRAQ has been waiting for this important step from the WB? 

In this case I believe that the true meaning of this is that the WB had lost patience, waiting on Iraq to restructure these banks, and decided to move in on its own to get the job done (in preparation for the raising of the value of the dinar). 

I could be mistaken in this, but the past articles seem clearly to be placing greater and greater pressure on the GOI to "git 'er done" and Maliki has been dragging his feet. 

So, if I am correct in this interpretation, then it means that the WB has lost patience and begun to take actions on its own, IN SPITE OF MALIKI.  This is, in my view, a very good sign.

"He added that 'the Ministry of Finance confirmed that the plans will be the guarantor of restoring Iraqi dinar of his value economic between foreign currencies and this will be part of this plan.'"

This sentence is the most powerful of all in this article.  First, the source of the comment in this sentence is the Ministry of Finance, NOT the World Bank.  The Ministry of Finance is a part of the GOI, not a part of Parliament.  Therefore, this statement comes from WITHIN the GOI.  This is the FIRST statement of support for the raising of the value of the dinar from within the GOI.

Furthermore, the statement indicates that the actions being taken by the World Bank "will be the guarantor of restoring the Iraqi dinar of its value."  WOW! 

It would be one thing to say that it would "make it possible, someday," or "open the opportunity somehow."  But instead it said it would GUARANTEE a rise in the value of the dinar.  AND IT CAME FROM THE MINISTRY OF FINANCE, WITHIN THE GOVERNMENT OF IRAQ!

This statement is truly a first, because it indicates that WITHIN the GOI there is now a consensus that the dinar should and WILL be raised.  The big question:  When?

The next statement is their squeeky opening:

"the World Bank said the Iraqi side that lifted the value of the Iraqi dinar should be a priority as well as he needs to political stability in the country before everything."

The last part of the sentence is the "squeeker" part, namely political stability "before everything."

Therefore, rather than start jumping up and down, I suggest you sit down, relax, and look to the political environment for signs of improvement. 

Without it, you will not see the dinar rise in value. 

This means we are back to Maliki (**** it!).  I hate to be the bearer of sad news, but that is what the article is saying, at least to me.  Until the political environment improves (before everything!) the dinar will not rise in value.

Just what form that "political environment" improvement must look like is anyone's guess, but I suspect that it would AT LEAST mean that the current crisis (i.e., Maliki acting as dictator) would have to be ameliorated somewhat. 

That means that we are back to a no confidence vote, or a change in Maliki.  Since the latter is highly unlikely we must hope for the former.       Enorrste

ARTICLE

World Bank restructure the Rafidain and Rasheed in order to raise the value of the Iraqi dinar   By Salah Mohammed - Published in the 24/03/2013

Counting and Planning Minister Ali Shukri, Sunday, announced the World Bank to start implementing his plans to restructure the government banks Rafidain and Rasheed "It's an important step was waiting for Iraq to raise the value of the dinar."

Said Shukri The "declaration of the World Bank to begin implementation of its plans to restructure the Rafidain Bank and Rasheed Bank government is an important step had been waiting Iraq," noting that "financial welcomed move the World Bank in this direction because this restructuring will ensure the country make the most of these institutions big Bakdarathma human and accumulated experience cadres and joint coordination to guide these estimators. "

He added that "the Ministry of Finance confirmed that the plans will be the guarantor of restoring Iraqi dinar of his value economic between foreign currencies and this will be part of this plan," explaining that "the banking sector is suffering in general laziness around to institutions consumer is active in the financial sector the most traffic The boom in the economy in general. "

• Upvote 1

The first assumption that has to be made is what "raising the value of the dinar" means. Does it mean a big RV, or does it mean moving it back a few pips to maintain stability. Trying to guess a specific meaning of the words in an iffy translation seems a waste of time to me.

None of this tortured parsing of words is going to make an RV happen a day earlier than it happens.

Edited by RVPleaseToday

the next election ,, in 2 months i think ??  the maliki 3-rd term leverage, of the posting of the law and budget,  have read in postings that g.o.i. has no say in what the c.b.i. will do, and the c.b.i. has to go through g.o.i. to do anything <------ it is an upside down question to look for  the right answer that is for sure !!!  sit back and wait ,  7 more months left to this year   :blink: