Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Here we go again....

Luigi1

My accountant told me the same thing.  Currency is a 15% captial gain tax.  Just like if you make money on the stock market.  If the Obama adminstration decides to have another add another tax code because of the dinar RV then all currencies will have to have the same tax as the dinar.  I wont be surprised if the Obama adminstration takes half our money after RV.

im hearing it will be a flat tax 15% for everyone.

not true Iraq has now entered article 4 of the imf the budget is being released next week whether talabani signs it or not it will become law!!! they will, never get out of chapter 7 completely without a rate change.  It's time!!!  Article 4 is a must for them to go into to be approved by the committee of the IMF they have concluded all things as of yesterday to enter article 8, which means a new international rate.  We are there.

:) look for the rate before the 1st of April the kuwait comes to iraq in early April to release them from chapter 7 thats the way i see it going down IMHO

• Upvote 1

My accountant told me the same thing.  Currency is a 15% captial gain tax.  Just like if you make money on the stock market.  If the Obama adminstration decides to have another add another tax code because of the dinar RV then all currencies will have to have the same tax as the dinar.  I wont be surprised if the Obama adminstration takes half our money after RV.

i looked into the law for foreign currency exchange they are to tax 11% federal and 4% state tax where ever you are at.  Foreign currency exchange shouldnt be treated as capital gain tax. So expect to pay around 15% imho. Definitely consult with a tax attorney that knows the laws on foreign currency.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 3

i looked into the law for foreign currency exchange they are to tax 11% federal and 4% state tax where ever you are at.  Foreign currency exchange shouldnt be treated as capital gain tax. So expect to pay around 15% imho. Definitely consult with a tax attorney that knows the laws on foreign currency.

ExecConsult - a member here at DV who is an estate planning attorney - has some great information here

http://whatisiraqidi...me-tax-analysis

In a nutshell, he writes - "Be safe with the IRS – it is ordinary income under Section 988. Dinar investors should expect to pay 35% maximum federal tax rate as ordinary income following any income event with their dinar."

I will add the disclaimer - he is an attorney and not a tax consultant. He has done some great research, but it is just his opinion.

• Upvote 2

Correct me if i'm wrong but I thought Adam was the man we all believed why not just take the B/S the Gurus say with a grain of salt and wait for Adam.

Well, Adam has been wrong with his hunches before (And no, this is not a knock on him). I say be skeptical of every rumor or hunch, be happy with the dinar you have, and get into the mindset of "When it happens, it happens".

• Upvote 4

The US government does keep a large stockpile of emergency oil. The salt domes along the gulf coast are full of it!  however, I am personally suspect of the idea that the USG will stockpile the IQD and trade them for oil etc. They will exchange some, and hold some as reserve currency (a great idea if the IQD truly has great value compared to our own dollar)... JMHO

• Upvote 1

Luigi, I love a sound post!

Thanks so much for adding

a bit of truth today. This

encourages me to check in

now and then... sometimes I

just have to step awayfrom the

nonsense ~  then suddenly, I pop in

and read something like this!

a Big Woohoo from to you!

• Upvote 1

Hey Patty B,I like typing your name and I wonder why.  :blush:

You are absolutely correct, sometimes the hype can get a little heavy and stepping away and taking a breather

is what everyone needs, every now and then. 

So double Woohoo, Woohoo to you and Luigi and Easy.  :backflip:

Hey Mr. Roadrunner, hope all is well and safe with you.  :peace:

Inviting anyone so inclined to join with those of us who are sending out positive vibes, energies, meditations and prayers to see all of our hopes and dreams become reality.. either through this rv, or whichever way the Universe has chosen to bring it to us.. for whatever reasons we hold in our hearts.. for health, for happiness, to help others, to help our children, to help society or our planet.. WHATEVER.. I feel we are closer now than at anytime in the years I have been following.. live, laugh, love, DREAM....

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/144225-asking-uneek-and-all-who-have-faith/

Peace out.. :)

• Upvote 1

They're all scum bag liars. ALL of them. When this DOESN'T go down in April, May, June, etc.... they're will be more made up SHEEEYAT!!! Bwahahahahahaha!!! Having fun yet???  :woot:  :shakehead:

You nailed it, my Friend.

But when the Gurus B/S hits the fan and doesn't happen everyone gets disappointed and starts bad mouthing them so why fall into the B/S and just wait to hear from Adam. 

The above post was in responce to Osmosis

But globally ( beyond this Forum I mean) the BS is usually forgotten real quick if not also not  even considered BS at all by very many  readers as some Gurus were able to build up a real Cult of Personality about themselves ( on which bases it's a mystery).

Edited by umbertino

For 2013 Capital Gains will be taxed at 20% for the upper brackets...

If income is over $200k the tax is 39.6% AND you will loose some deductions.

When there is an RV with significant amounts involved I am sure the accounting profession will ask for a formal ruling by the IRS.

But when the Gurus B/S hits the fan and doesn't happen everyone gets disappointed and starts bad mouthing them so why fall into the B/S and just wait to hear from Adam. 

The above post was in responce to Osmosis

You haven't been here long enough to pick up on the sarcasm in that post.........

Easy,

Sounds good to me.. if it's 15% I am cashing in the US :) pay the taxes, hire a good estate attorney and accountant and financial planner and run with my money.  I will come ahead :)

ExecConsult - a member here at DV who is an estate planning attorney - has some great information here

http://whatisiraqidi...me-tax-analysis

In a nutshell, he writes - "Be safe with the IRS – it is ordinary income under Section 988. Dinar investors should expect to pay 35% maximum federal tax rate as ordinary income following any income event with their dinar."

I will add the disclaimer - he is an attorney and not a tax consultant. He has done some great research, but it is just his opinion.

I would be gladly pay the government what I owe but not stupid enough to pay them more and have to file to get it back even though they give you a little interest for your money.  I would plan to pay 15% as per currency tax law and then set up a mutual fund for the balance of 20-25% and hopefully it will earn a nice 7-8% per year.  If I were to be called to pay more than I already paid, I will gladly do so.  If there is penalty and interest charged to us, we can always negotiate with them. Hoping with the earning money in mutual funds, we can come ahead if they recall on the balance of taxes.  

1st of April? I'd say it's no coincidence.

Umb,

They have to be like twins, you know ? lol... one gives out the money, one takes the money away lol

• Upvote 2

What's Up,

Been a minute since I last posted...was in country April 03' on ARIFJON, Kuwait (Southern Watch) in the KBR sweat tents/dust bowl. Was on the first push into Balad, Iraq (Operation Iraqi Freedom) to the then' Anaconda Base'. I'd like to take this time to say, " Vato Loco Forever'' to us that were there...yall remember me as 'skeeter'...I've been followin' this trail since 04' and aint been to impress with the intel...up to now.  Looks like if I'm goin' to catch the attenion of those that were outside the wire, the time has come. All signs are pointin' to a show down...yall know who ya are and I'd like to catch up with the gang (Kuwait/Anaconda/Alasad) after this ordeal. This ride was bumper than the wash board headin' into Bagdad...back in da day. Anyway don't know if this's the place to post this...but, I've been wrong before. Don't stick my head up very often but I figure it's bout time to put a cross hair on this animal and caller 'done'....Later 

• Upvote 3

Read this:

IMF Mission Concludes Article IV Discussions with Iraq

http://www.imf.org/external/np/sec/pr/2013/pr1387.htm

whats wierd is it took 10 days of discussions .

what could take 10 days ?  it was a imf mission  meeting with an iraqi delegation

An International Monetary Fund (IMF) mission, led by Mr. Carlo Sdralevich, met with an official Iraqi delegation headed by the Acting Minister of Finance, Dr. Ali Al Shukri, in Amman, Jordan, during March 2-12, 2013 to conduct the Article IV Consultation discussion.

look at all who were involved >>> 

The IMF mission met with the Acting Minister of Finance, the Acting Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI), head of the Board of Supreme Audit, AbdulBasit Al Turki Said, and other Iraqi officials from the ministries of finance, planning, and oil, and representatives from the Central Bank and the Board of Supreme Audit. The team also met with representatives from the Iraqi banking and business community.

10 days .. they were putting something together

What's Up,

Been a minute since I last posted...was in country April 03' on ARIFJON, Kuwait (Southern Watch) in the KBR sweat tents/dust bowl. Was on the first push into Balad, Iraq (Operation Iraqi Freedom) to the then' Anaconda Base'. I'd like to take this time to say, " Vato Loco Forever'' to us that were there...yall remember me as 'skeeter'...I've been followin' this trail since 04' and aint been to impress with the intel...up to now.  Looks like if I'm goin' to catch the attenion of those that were outside the wire, the time has come. All signs are pointin' to a show down...yall know who ya are and I'd like to catch up with the gang (Kuwait/Anaconda/Alasad) after this ordeal. This ride was bumper than the wash board headin' into Bagdad...back in da day. Anyway don't know if this's the place to post this...but, I've been wrong before. Don't stick my head up very often but I figure it's bout time to put a cross hair on this animal and caller 'done'....Later 

thank you

• Upvote 1

I'll get excited for real when they raise their new flag to the stains to their new national anthem while Miss Baghdad and Miss Ibril throw LDs to the crowd from the back of one of the Rolls Royce that just came off a boatload of exotic cars and freezers.

• Upvote 1