Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Blueberry Muffins and My Dog

Markinsa

I went to the grocery store and purchased a 3 pack of jumbo blueberry muffins.  I just heated up one of them and ate it with a glass of milk.  I gave my dog a bit or two of the muffin, and when I was done, I put the jumbo muffin cupcake wrapper down so she could lick it clean, and she ate it!!!! freaking-out-smiley-emoticon.png I hope she'll be ok! :unsure:

-

• Upvote 1

She'll be fine Markinsa,

They'll try to eat just about anything. It'll pass. I remember mine would get in the trash and it always seemed like there was a lot less when he got through.

Sure enough a day or two later... discovery in the clean up after him outside was an eye opener. :blink:

She'll be fine Markinsa,

They'll try to eat just about anything. It'll pass. I remember mine would get in the trash and it always seemed like there was a lot less when he got through.

Sure enough a day or two later... discovery in the clean up after him outside was an eye opener. :blink:

That's good to know, I was just shocked that she ate that so fast! :lol:

The plastic may go through the dog, but you should probably be more concerned about her eating blueberries. I read somewhere that berries can be deathly for dogs.

But that was probably on the internet and we know it has to be the truth if it's on the internet.

Bon jour!

I went to the grocery store and purchased a 3 pack of jumbo blueberry muffins.  I just heated up one of them and ate it with a glass of milk.  I gave my dog a bit or two of the muffin, and when I was done, I put the jumbo muffin cupcake wrapper down so she could lick it clean, and she ate it!!!! freaking-out-smiley-emoticon.png I hope she'll be ok! :unsure:

-

Too Cute! If that dog can really do tricks, those muffins should be re-wrapped when you see them again! :goodnews:  

• Upvote 1

-

Don't worry Mark... this too shall pass!!!  :blush: 

Blueberries are good for dogs. Mine eats them often. It's grapes and rasins that are toxic.  We are now into dried cranberries... :P

Blueberry's might not be harmful to em G.G... and if all

else fails... they can join the "Blue Man and a Dog Crew"!!!  :rolleyes: 

blue_dog_01.jpg

• Upvote 2

We have 4 goldens......one is a real counter-surfer. He has eaten a 5lb roast, half a birthday cake, a dozen chocolate chip cookies, a banana with the skin still on and numerous hamburger patties waiting to be cooked! And that was just last week, JK. He was rescued from a shelter 6 years ago and we were going to "foster" him just for a weekend.......HA!

They are all spoiled of course - we cook chicken breasts for their treats and add green beans to their regular food for volume and weight control (really works well).

Love those doggies! What would we do without them?

We have 4 goldens......one is a real counter-surfer. He has eaten a 5lb roast, half a birthday cake, a dozen chocolate chip cookies, a banana with the skin still on and numerous hamburger patties waiting to be cooked! And that was just last week, JK. He was rescued from a shelter 6 years ago and we were going to "foster" him just for a weekend.......HA!

They are all spoiled of course - we cook chicken breasts for their treats and add green beans to their regular food for volume and weight control (really works well).

Love those doggies! What would we do without them?

Sounds like someone's been a "bad boy"!!!  :rolleyes:  

734199_10152325623863475_1241413167_n.jp

• Upvote 2

Spoiling my pets is well know to my grandchildren. I make chicken and beef jerky for them. Bake a couple of sweet potatoes each week.

They also get canned pumpkin, and homemade doggy ice cream. Their dog's life is not so bad!

MSN-Emoticon-dog-077.gif  dog11.gif

:rocking-chair:

Hi TG, I  give mine pumpkin also .He's on a cooked and raw meat diet.  Sweet potato is something my golden boy loves too.

Any chance you are willing to share your chicken jerky recipe?  He's got a beef allergy but I'd love to make the chicken one. :)

Don't worry Mark... this too shall pass!!!  :blush: 

Blueberry's might not be harmful to em G.G... and if all

else fails... they can join the "Blue Man and a Dog Crew"!!!  :rolleyes: 

blue_dog_01.jpg

Well, he doesn't turn blue but something else does....ha

• Upvote 2

Hi TG, I  give mine pumpkin also .He's on a cooked and raw meat diet.  Sweet potato is something my golden boy loves too.

Any chance you are willing to share your chicken jerky recipe?  He's got a beef allergy but I'd love to make the chicken one. :)

You bet, chicken tenders work the best and if you have a meat tenderizer machine you can run it through, thats even better. The chicken needs to be pretty thin (1/4"-3/8") is about right. Heat oven to 200 degrees, move rack to top position, lay chicken on a rack with an oven liner under it to catch the drips. My rack is one that you would use to let cookies or cakes cool. You can also lightly dust the tops with garlic powder (it is good for dogs). Leave in the oven for 2 - 4 hours. Then let cool before storing in baggies in the refrigerator. My babies are all between 10-20 lbs so I cut their tenders into smaller pieces after they cool. BTW, if you have a dehydrator, they make great jerky for pets. :wub:

Your Golden would also love doggy ice cream and it is really good for them. Mix 32 oz. plain non-fat yogurt, 1 banana, 2 TBSP Honey, 2 heaping TBSP Peanut Butter - blend in blender, pour into small 2 oz. cups (I get mine at walmart and they have little lids) place them in the freezer on a cookie sheet until frozen. When you are ready to give your "baby" a special treat, let it thaw for about 10-15 minutes and then place it in a bowl. Don't be surprised if they do not listen to you while they are enjoying their treat. For my little guy and girls, I only fill the cups 1/2 full. 2oz. is a little more than they need. :D

• Upvote 2

Your Golden would also love doggy ice cream and it is really good for them. Mix 32 oz. plain non-fat yogurt, 1 banana, 2 TBSP Honey, 2 heaping TBSP Peanut Butter - blend in blender, pour into small 2 oz. cups (I get mine at walmart and they have little lids) place them in the freezer on a cookie sheet until frozen. When you are ready to give your "baby" a special treat, let it thaw for about 10-15 minutes and then place it in a bowl. Don't be surprised if they do not listen to you while they are enjoying their treat. For my little guy and girls, I only fill the cups 1/2 full. 2oz. is a little more than they need. :D

Hmmm, this sounds good for my little people, since I don't have furbabies...

KK

You bet, chicken tenders work the best and if you have a meat tenderizer machine you can run it through, thats even better. The chicken needs to be pretty thin (1/4"-3/8") is about right. Heat oven to 200 degrees, move rack to top position, lay chicken on a rack with an oven liner under it to catch the drips. My rack is one that you would use to let cookies or cakes cool. You can also lightly dust the tops with garlic powder (it is good for dogs). Leave in the oven for 2 - 4 hours. Then let cool before storing in baggies in the refrigerator. My babies are all between 10-20 lbs so I cut their tenders into smaller pieces after they cool. BTW, if you have a dehydrator, they make great jerky for pets. :wub:

I will be making this ice cream for him. He loves banana's and peanut butter.  I am thinking of getting a hydrator. I know a friend who uses it for many food items....

Thanks so much... :woot:

• Upvote 1

We have a commercial dehydrator we absolutely love.... we use it for everything from fruit rollups to jerkey... soup stock to tea leaves... very versatile piece of equipment.... never thought of using it for the pets though.... just need some recipe's!!!  :D 

• Upvote 1