Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The impact of a huge currency shock on society

makecents

if i invested in a bunch of trucks .. 18 wheelers ... say 1000 of them .. hows my economy going to be next year .. it should pick up on my first load

id like to see iraq get into plastic .. its made from oil ...

You will probably be surprised to know that a plastic bottle is made from the same petrochemical as the fiber we call polyester!

All plastic products, many of the materials used to make the clothes you wear, or the carpet you walk on, plus hundreds of the other products we take for granted, are made from petrochemicals. As the name implies, a main ingredient in petrochemicals is oil.

iraq has billions on top of billions being invested and have been invested right up to a week ago .. so ya just cant pretend about iraqs economy .. how many countrys are investing billions in iraq while iraq is also investing billions in iraq

so hows iraq economy doing

It's said to be appx. 15 -20 trillion dollars in infrastructure and oil developments that have now moved into Iraq...from all over the World...I have said it before, and will say it again...I wonder how many of these naysayers have ever been to the middle east...or even left the county they live in...and some of them must still be watching flipper or gunsmoke...and know nothing about what is happening on the other side of the pond'...lol...

4aProfit, I have no idea where you are coming up with these outrageous numbers.

Iraq's GDP is aproximately $140 billion.

Through 2012, foreign firms reported $55.67 billion in investments, service contracts and other commercial activities. The head of the National Investment Commission (NIC), Sami al-Araji, said at the Baghdad International Fair that rebuilding the infrastructure of the country could take $1 trillion, considerably more than they are getting right now, and could take 10 to 20 years.

$15-$20 trillion is almost a third of the GWP (Gross world domestic product).

Edited by RVPleaseToday
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How many QUADRILLIONS of U.S. Dollars are out there?....Apparently you have'nt watched some of the video's and info. that's out there about what is fixing to happen to the U.S. Dollar?...and/or catch the drift?...LOL BIGTIME!....

What monies are actually OUT THERE...who knows...if we did, and there was any ACCOUNTIBILITY of any of it...We probably woud'nt be in the mess we are in right now!...Nor on these blogs!...lol...

Here is something below that I find strange, as per why the Lopsters and Naysayers are not in tune with this...this is what they need to be warning us about....this is hitting even them in their ARSE POCKETS right now!...So, where are they on this HUGE REALITY CHECK?...and it's the D*MN reason we hold some foreign curencies, etc...lol...

Dr. Paul Craig Roberts: America is Going to Crash Big Time

Edited by 4aprofit
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I  was under the impression that the USD was the main currancy perfered over the IQD. Wouldn't the Iraqies have the same access to information as we do and have the speculation to hang on to as much of thier currentcy as possible. The Iraqies are in the best senario if they are wise enough to grasp the situation. The dinar is all around them and is there for the takin'...The Iraqies have to provide for themselves as every mature individual involved has. The Iraqies knew what thier economy was capable from history and there will probibly be a few that for some reason or the other takes this transaction on the chin. I perception is a little differant than your. I spent from 03' til 10' in country and I believe the majority of the Iraqi citicens are sittin' on fortunes of dinar while usin' the all mighty dollar til the day their currency goes to where it once was....JMHO, I'm the new guy what do I know.....peace out  

Do you have any clue how big a number a Quadrillion is? While a woman in France did get an early termination telephone bill for $15,179,617,380,129,834, a Quadrillion  is a whole lot of money.

If, indeed, there are "quadrillions of dollars" out there, the entire world is in trouble, including Iraq. It wouldn't matter what currency you held.

In the 21st century, the total collapse of the USD would collapse every economy in the world, a scenario other countries would not celebrate. And one which your possession of Iraqi currency would not save you from.

And  I read real financial information, not fear-mongering youtube videos and conspiracy theory websites.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The U.S. is now predominently a consumer nation...taking in all the goods and wares of many emerging market countries and their resources..This is what we used to do...as we had massive manufacturing, a gold backing, a pro U.S. trade regulated import-export plan, easier access to loans and funding, even for promotion of trade and our own jobs growth here in our country, not to mention that we did'nt have runaway printing presses...

Anyone that does'nt understand what is easy to see everywhere, needs to just go back to sleep...as you may never see it..until you lose your wallet, your shirt, your livelihood...as many already have!...

Bottom Line: Most of us are hurting and the economy is primarily the reason, so many hedge against this by holding alternative investments..we know Iraq is doing everything, while the U.S., for the most part, is doing nothing...so if you want it in simple laymens terms on what some are doing, I would say that they at least are "betting on the winning horse"...

Could the dinar tank, yes...could the U.S. Dollar tank, yes...why bash the dinar..especially if some have already had long term gains...while I just paid double and triple for some things from just a year ago or so with my U.S. Dollars...who does'nt understand inflation...I feel as though some must be told the same thing over and over again...and it does'nt sink in...it must be the dinars they are trying to deter people to sell...it's gotta be!...As the writing is not only on the wall...as inflation hits your wallet everytime it's opened..No one can be this blind!...No One!.... 

• Upvote 1

Do you have any clue how big a number a Quadrillion is? While a woman in France did get an early termination telephone bill for $15,179,617,380,129,834, a Quadrillion  is a whole lot of money.

If, indeed, there are "quadrillions of dollars" out there, the entire world is in trouble, including Iraq. It wouldn't matter what currency you held.

In the 21st century, the total collapse of the USD would collapse every economy in the world, a scenario other countries would not celebrate. And one which your possession of Iraqi currency would not save you from.

And  I read real financial information, not fear-mongering youtube videos and conspiracy theory websites.

This post is exactly correct. It is amazing to see how many people have been brainwashed by you tube. People use fear as a tool to push their agenda. More than likely selling gold. It's all nonsense. The dollar has the least chance of collapse than any currency on earth. The US GDP alone ensures the dollars survival.

• Upvote 1

This post is exactly correct. It is amazing to see how many people have been brainwashed by you tube. People use fear as a tool to push their agenda. More than likely selling gold. It's all nonsense. The dollar has the least chance of collapse than any currency on earth. The US GDP alone ensures the dollars survival.

ya i agree .. did ya ever wonder why if gold was in such demand to have such high price increases as we have seen recently .. if its in such demand ,, why would they need to advertise so much on tv  and radio as well as internet adds  magazine adds .. ect.

no need to advertise .. it would be selling like hotcakes and orders would be taken in advace from the gold mines before its even mined

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

As far as we are concerned, a lop and their continuing to use their existing currency with no RV is functionally the same. So, to me, talking about a lop is of no interest. The discussion is really whether they will simply hold the course and we watch the value of the dinar increase slowly over time, or, they do a big, overnight RV.