Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Best car ad ever! Read what he wrote.

genx4me

“1965 Factory Five Racing MK3 Shelby Cobra 427 Tittle as a 1965 Factory Five Racing”

OK, let me start off by saying this Cobra is only available for purchase by the manliest of men. My friend, if it was possible for a vehicle to sprout chest hair and a five o’clock shadow, this Shelby would look like Tom Selleck. It is just that manly. It was never intended to be driven to the mall so you can pick up that adorable t-shirt at Abercrombie & Fitch that you’ve had your eye on. It wasn’t meant to transport you to yoga class or Linens & Things or Bed bath & beyond. No my friend, that’s what your 40 MPG Prius is for. So If that’s the kind of car you’re looking for, then just do us all a favor and stop reading right now. Really, I mean it; Just stop, This cobra may scare the smile of your face.

This car was engineered by crocodile hunting, logging, moonshining, turtle catching rednecks in the deepest trailer parks of United States. It was put together to serve the needs of men that cheat death on a daily basis. They didn’t even consider superfluous nancy boy amenities, like navigation systems (real men don’t get lost!!! And even if we did we wouldn’t admit it!!!), air conditioning (real man sweat), heated leather seats (a real man doesn’t let anything warm his butt),  mufflers? (Yeah!! That is if you are trying to sneak out in the middle of the night so your wife does not hear you, but real men don't need to sneak out) or On Star (real men don’t even know what the hell On Star is). No, this brute comes with the things us testosterone-fueled super action junkies need. It has a 330+ HP fuel injected engine to outrun the cops (or the wifes). It’s got special blood/gore resistant upholstery. It even has a first-aid kit in the back. Do you know what the first aid kit has in it? A pint of whiskey, a stitch-your-own-wound kit and a hunk of leather to bite down on when you’re operating on yourself. This Cobra also has a five speed manual transmission, automatic is for weakly little men who don't have the strength to press on the dual center-force clutch this bad boy houses inside the T-5 tranny.

My price on this bad boy you ask? Well, its so low I'm embarrassed to say, but I’ll entertain reasonable offers. And by reasonable I mean don’t walk up and tell me you’ll give me $5,000 for it. That’s liable to earn you a Burmese-roundhouse-sphincter-kick followed up with a three fingered eye-jab and a well-deserved can of woop-ass. Would it hurt? Hell yeah. Let’s just say you won’t be the prettiest guy at the Coldplay concert anymore.

This Shelby cobra has room for you and the four hotties; ok three hotties, ok ok ok, one hottie you picked up on the way to the gym to blast your pecs and hammer your glutes. There’s only 278 miles on this four-wheeled hellcat from Planet Kickass. Trust me; it will outlive you and the offspring that will carry your name. It will live on as a monument to your machismo.

Now, go look in the mirror and tell me what you see. If it’s a rugged, no holds barred, super brute he-man macho Chuck Norris stunt double, then contact me. I might be out hang-gliding or BASE jumping or just chilling with my ladies, but I’ll get back to you, and when I do, we’ll talk about a price over a nice glass of Schmidt while we listen to Johnny Cash. For those of you who have to ask the boss (AKA the wife) if you can purchase this beast; I got one advice for you. Go into the closet and look for her purse. Make sure you look for the one that she only uses on special occasions, the one with a thousand pockets. Reach in the purse with your hand and go deep, I mean go to the bottom of the purse until you reach bottom. Feel around, it make take a little time. When you feel two round nuggets grab them and pulled them out… Those are your NUTS…. Pull them out and put them back on where they belong and buy this bad boy, then go back and park it in the garage and sneak back to the closet where the purses are and place back you nuts so the wife doesn't find out.

To sweeten the deal a little, I’m throwing in a pair of leather Z-Cavaricci pants for Mr. Cool. Yeah, you heard me. “FREE leather Z-Cavaricci pants.” Hell, you might as well take out of storage the penny loafers, and don’t forget “no socks”.

Ok, so all kidding aside, here are some specs of what this beast has to offer.

Here are some features of the car, although i try to mention everything some things may have slipped my mind. Once you see this car in person you will really appreciate the quality of the build.

• ·        Brand new wheels & tires from Vintage Wheels (real Knock -off wheels) along with a brand new second set of wheels and tires (please look at the last pictures of the second set of wheels..)

Centers are powder coated satin black to match the body paint color
           Spinners are polished and lips are polished
           Front wheels 17 X 9.5 with NITTO NT05 245/45/17 
           Rear wheels  17 X 11  with NITTO NT05 315/35/17

This is by far the most aggressive look that you will get on the factory five vehicles 

• ·        Engine

Engine is a professionally rebuilt 302 EFI

Edelbrock black painted upper and lower aluminum intake

Fuel pressure regulator mounted by the radiator

Trick flow aluminum heads

E-303 cam

ARP studs and bolts

Roller rockers

19lb injectors

BBK headers strait headers

Stainless steel side pipes

Powder coated black heat shields to match wheels

Under drive pulleys

70mm throttle body

Windage tray

MSD coil and ignition box

Ron Francis EFI engine harness

Tremic TKO 5speed transmission with Mike’s safety hoop

Pro 5.0 shifter

355 rear end gears

Polished stainless steel overflow tank

Aluminum radiator with custom made aluminum shroud 

Aluminum radiator shield/mesh to keep out bugs.

Power steering

• ·        Chassis

Chassis has the FFR powder coating,

Coil over bilstin shocks

Tubular a-arms

4-link rear-end

FFR chassis wiring harness.

Four wheel disk cobra brakes

• ·        Interior

Sound deadener (dynamat)

Stock FFR carpet glued down

Low back seats

Dash with double stitching and matching center counsel

Glove box

Lower aluminum panel underneath dash

Auto meter gauges

Door panels

Russ Thompson gas pedal and pads

• ·        Body / Paint

Body rolls on front cockpit and behind seats

Kirker flat single stage black paint (satin not flat)

Single stage white stripes (very lite beige contrast)
            Doors were filled for solidness and to eliminate that hallow sound 
            Battery in trunk under floor panel

Sun visors and windwings

Breeze hidden hood hinge kit with prop rods

Stripes are painted underneath hood to match top

Classic trunk hinge with prop rods

Under body and wheel wells has been treated with three coats bed liner for a more solid sound and to prevent upper shipping.

Stainless steel louvers from finish line accessories  

Vinyl Decals (meatballs with # 56, vintage racing stickers, brushed aluminum 302 decal, cobra emblem decal underneath the hood and signed glove box)

001_zpsc0b2a873.jpg

033_zps375dc7dd.jpg

Thanks Genx4me.... I guess you could say he "challenged every red blooded American male" with that add!!!    :eyebrows:  Sweeeeeettttt Ride!!!  :twothumbs:  Sorry dear... I started the day with an empty plus barrel, maybe I'd better go check the wife's purse... seems there is no limit to what can be found in that thing!!!  :rolleyes: 

• Upvote 7

Oh, man! I would love to cruise up the coast in her! That is one sweet ride! Kkid 19 wants us to get her a Shelby... yeah, right! If anybody gets a Shelby, it's gonna be Momma!!!

Thanks, Gen & Rod!

KK

Sheesh, I'm gonna be drooling all night over this car!

• Upvote 1

What really got me was the way the guy wrote the ad. He was really gearing it for the manliest men around..haha. (at least the ones who thought they were) It was a great marketing tool for an awesome car! I sure wouldn't turn it down if I had a chance for one like it!!

• Upvote 2