Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New CBI Announcement 3/14/2013 Exchange Rates!!

yota691

If the secondary market refers to closing the gap of the market rate and the official rate..

I wonder how they're going to do that? Seriously, the market rate is set by the market (what the market is willing to buy/sell it for)

Keywords in this article show that it is changing against all foreign currencies

Interesting days could be ahead of us.

The 'actual official rate' could be changing for us, but the question is by how much? Small pip movements? floating rate?

• Upvote 2

If the secondary market refers to closing the gap of the market rate and the official rate..

I wonder how they're going to do that? Seriously, the market rate is set by the market (what the market is willing to buy/sell it for)

Keywords in this article show that it is changing against all foreign currencies

Interesting days could be ahead of us.

The 'actual official rate' could be changing for us, but the question is by how much? Small pip movements? floating rate?

I guess one would say.....the devil is in the details.

I guess one would say.....the devil is in the details.

Well, the nay-sayers say that they are trying to close the gap from the  market rate from the official rate.

Isn't that basically the job of the CBI and something they should have been doing all along?

If so, why make a somewhat larger announcement about it?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well, the nay-sayers say that they are trying to close the gap from the  market rate from the official rate.

Isn't that basically the job of the CBI and something they should have been doing all along?

If so, why make a somewhat larger announcement about it?

Totally agree Darin.  

If the Dinar is to become a standard international traded currency this only stands to reason.

I find it very interesting in that they state the Iraqi dinar is going to rise against all foreign currencies not just the dollar.

i noticed the announcement came just after the banks opened  in bagdad .. this morning ..at least thats when yota  posted it

its thursday ,, the llast day of the week for the banks ..

in the us .. all bank transactions are finalized at midnight ....

when its midnight in bagdad ..  at 5.00 p.m. eastern time in u.s .  .. is one point during the day i like to  look at the rates for the dinar ..i also like to watch  at 2.00 a.m.   eastern time .. just before the banks open up at the cbi 9.00a.m.  bagdad time .... and i look .. and 10:'00 a.m.  eastern time .. which is bank closing time in iraq .. 5:'00 p.m. bagdad time ..

i dont think they would change the rates during a busines day  in iraq .. it will be before opening .. after   closing...... or at midnight bagdad time .

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 3

Ok. He just called back. He said that the private dinar dealers are sucking all the dinar out of the country. The dealers are using other peoples ration cards to purchase dinar. The cbi can't afford to keep printing currency that is leaving the country, so they are going to raise the rate currency to stop this from happening. He also said the cbi wants to be fare to foreign dinar investors. They want to help us. Now this part is from another friend over there. Their are heavy rumors of going to $.87 to our dollar almost immediately.

• Upvote 12

Ok. He just called back. He said that the private dinar dealers are sucking all the dinar out of the country. The dealers are using other peoples ration cards to purchase dinar. The cbi can't afford to keep printing currency that is leaving the country, so they are going to raise the rate currency to stop this from happening. He also said the cbi wants to be fare to foreign dinar investors. They want to help us. Now this part is from another friend over there. Their are heavy rumors of going to $.87 to our dollar almost immediately.

holy cow dude . are you serious ? 

it seems they reached their goals . if their goal is to liquidate the dinar into other reserve banks , its almost over

Central bank liquidity swap is a type of currency swap used by a country's central bank to provide liquidity of its currency to another country's central bank.[1][2]

In the United States the Federal Reserve operates swap lines under the authority of Section 14 of the Federal Reserve Act and in compliance with authorizations, policies, and procedures established by the FOMC.

.. thats one way ,, but  this is another way of  doing it ,, through dealers .. in my opinion

Edited by dontlop

Weird

Demand for USD in places like Iran

Private dealers exploit demand for IQD in other ways

I've always stated that a smart dealer can exploit the market rate/official rate disparity to benefit themselves.

The poor get poorer in this scenario... The dealers win by the disparity, but the people lose out on wealth who use the money exchangers.

jnkdjaaa.gif

• Upvote 3

Don't get me wrong. My friend lives in Oklahoma. He is from iran. He obviously has family in iran. He is hearing talk from iraq and iran on the rummered rate. The rest of my reply was what he translated.

Just a little fuel for the fire. I was told years ago when I got into this from someone that went to school with a relative of Ali from Dinar Trade that it would be worth .86 when they revalued it. But then again after that I listened to Okie and beleived that bull ontil I found this site. Anyway you look at it and I have from all angles just like most of you. This is the most good news I have read thus far. :backflip: