Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

DHS HUMMER? Who are they protecting "US" against?

Slaydadea

Fight or Flight: Darpa Explores the Neuroscience of Threat Response
Fear as a Weapon & the Neuroscience of Threat
Everyone knows there are some instinctual reactions to threats. It could be anxiety from standing too close to the edge of a cliff, or a flinch from a punch. But the exact neuroscience behind those reactions are still something of a mystery.

Darpa, the Pentagon’s advanced research division, now wants to find out. The agency has awarded a $300,000 grant over two years to a researcher from the University of Colorado at Boulder, to use neuroeconomic models to study how the way we move changes when faced with threats. Dr. Alaa Ahmed, a professor of integrative physiology, hopes to eventually change — and improve — those reactions. There’s even a chance that this could inform the development of new weapons.

“Traditionally, in movement control, it’s always been assumed that we’re rational decision makers, that we have a good estimate of the movement uncertainty — like how accurate I am — and that we have a good estimate of the reward structure in the task, whether it’s explicit or implicit,” Ahmed tells Danger Room.

Of course, people are not that rational. Instead, Ahmed says, ”people seem to be irrational in their movement decision, which suggests that risk is influencing the decision.” There’s no confirmed link between the threat and movement, but one way to find out is to study the different ways the risk-seekers and risk-averse among us physically react when faced with a threatening situation.

For soldiers, it could mean overreacting — or underreacting — when making decisions during combat, which could have potentially lethal repercussions such as pulling a trigger. “In an environment of COIN [counterinsurgency] or stability operations, a split-second decision by a corporal under stress can have significant and profound consequences on the whole of U.S. interests in a given theater,” (.pdf) wrote Col. Kevin Felix in a 2011 paper arguing for increased military research on decision science.

Ahmed plans to test the theory — the link between threat and movement is still largely unexplored — in a laboratory equipped with movement games designed to test motor and non-motor skills. In one test, participants stand on a platform and control a cursor on a screen. The participants control the cursor by leaning forward, and have to reach a target. Ahmed wouldn’t say what the target is, exactly, but she gave an example of a cliff. The closer you move the cursor to the edge of the cliff, the more points you get. But if you get too close and fall off the cliff, you lose. Another game operates along a similar design, but uses a joystick to control a robotic arm.

The tests use fairly simple economic models. When we’re faced with a task that has a high degree of uncertainty, and given the choice between a high-risk reward and a sure bet, risk-seekers could be more likely to go for broke. For the risk-averse, or those with a tendency to avoid risky situations, it could mean being needlessly cautious.

If a link between those models and how we move is found, then one outcome might be updated military training programs. It’s not specifically included in the grant, but one possibility is creating physical simulations to provoke moderate stress in soldiers, then placing the soldiers into a high-stress environment, studying the results, and then training troops’ minds to reach the best outcome.

But it may have more uses beyond improving troops’ mental and physical performance. It could also be used against an enemy. “This proposal is about decision making, we want to understand the decision making process,” Ahmed says. “So it stands to reason that if you can understand it, then you can manipulate it, whatever, whoever it is can be manipulated. So it’s not just about our troops, and our side. But it also means you can expand that to the other side as well,” she says.

Ahmed cautions that using neuroscience against an enemy is speculative, and that the link between threat and movement has yet to be deduced. Still, it’s not the first time the military has taken an interest in using neuroscience to read minds — and perhaps one day weaponize fear. In 2010, the Pentagon outlined plans for embedded body sensors to determine mental alertness. Darpa has also fielded ideas for interest in a system to boost memory recall.

During the 2000s, Darpa spent tens of millions of dollars researching brain activity in pilots. CalledAugmented Cognition, the idea has run its course but attempted to build computers that can interact with human brains. The computer interfaces, Darpa hoped, would read a pilot’s brain and then use the data to determine which information to display.  In 2009, the Air Force unveiled an effort to research bio-science to improve cognition and “degrade enemy performance” by manipulating the brain’s chemical pathways to “overwhelm enemy cognitive capabilities.”

Darpa’s look into how we respond to threats might not be as far-flung, although the research is still in the very early stages. Whether — and how — the research could be used as a weapon is hypothetical. But the military might not need to go as far as that, if there are troops handling threats better than their foes.

• Upvote 1

Whats the problem with the dhs....having items that defend the homeland? Is it not expected...they buy guns and ammo and vehicles. whats next....they ordered too much water?

We have serious problems and real enemies. lets see qe3, leading to massive inflation....the gov unable to meet financial obligations. then of course we have north korea wanting a nuclear war. iran ready for war......jihadist who hate america.........etc. id say we have real threats and real reasons to be prepared.

• Upvote 1

Dang....nice ride.  It appears to be some sort of Emergency Services Show and Tell.......I noticed police and fire, as well.  If you look real close, you can see their target on the wall of that building in the background   :lol: 

GO RV, then BV

The wife and I are considering a new vehicle in the future. This one caught our eye especially. The run flat tires and bullet proof glass! You just can't find that on a Toyota. We plan on waiting for a 2015 or so. Something with fewer than 24000 miles on it. You know how those first year production runs are? Wait till the bugs are worked out. Not sure the glass will hold up. If a rock takes it out, my insurance company will be p$$$$d!

• Upvote 1

Whats the problem with the dhs....having items that defend the homeland? Is it not expected...they buy guns and ammo and vehicles. whats next....they ordered too much water?

9-11 was a long time ago sandstorm..........short term memory problems for some.......conspiracy melodrama for others.  As always, just my opinion.   ;) 

GO RV, then BV

The wife and I are considering a new vehicle in the future. This one caught our eye especially. The run flat tires and bullet proof glass! You just can't find that on a Toyota. We plan on waiting for a 2015 or so. Something with fewer than 24000 miles on it. You know how those first year production runs are? Wait till the bugs are worked out. Not sure the glass will hold up. If a rock takes it out, my insurance company will be p$$$$d!

True that Slay......I myself am holding out for the candy apple red model.  

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

hey I can see that baby with some spinners on it.

Yeah I'm all in. Come on RV.

Shabs Far as 9-11 being a long long time ago.

It may have been but as far as I can tell the same dumba$$`s that did it are still out there and still want to kill us all.

Not just me you and your family too man. So I guess im just saying.

Don't get to comfy and laid back.

I'm all for them buying these.

I truly believe when we let down our guard which we are truly close to doing.

There will be cells coming out of the woodwork like cockroaches

We will see this investment as a good thing then.

• Upvote 2

Wow, that's nice, I wanna get one and customize it with 30 inch rims, sound system, tinted windows, leather guts, bucket seats, X-box, Ps3, tv etc......My new whip, when this RV goes thru, and when I broke from this purchase, i'll wait for the Dong to RV lol.....with respect.  :)

Edited by joekooltrips
  • Upvote 1

Dont know about skyscrapers but a couple hundred cells with AR`s could sure do a lot of damage.

If you really dont think they are out there you are making a big mistake.

These cells are just waiting and have the same rights to firearms that we have been fighting for.

I consider this our biggest threat right now.

As for Obummer we will see. 

• Upvote 1

Okay I like the Hummer, I just hope and this could be wishful thinking that these hummers are use for the sole purpose in protecting the US citizens. 

Jonjon, the neuroscience is a tad threatening. It would not surprise me one bit that this method is being used.   Who's to say if this would be use for the good of the people.  I tend to lean toward our youth, being trained as civilian military with this concept.  :(

hey I can see that baby with some spinners on it.

Yeah I'm all in. Come on RV.

Shabs Far as 9-11 being a long long time ago.

It may have been but as far as I can tell the same dumba$$`s that did it are still out there and still want to kill us all.

Not just me you and your family too man. So I guess im just saying.

Don't get to comfy and laid back.

I'm all for them buying these.

I truly believe when we let down our guard which we are truly close to doing.

There will be cells coming out of the woodwork like cockroaches

We will see this investment as a good thing then.

I couldn't agree more Dog.  I am 100% in, when it comes to DHS.  The target joke had to do with an actual Target store in the background.......thought it was funny, sorry.  Living close to the turnpike, I have come across some suspicious characters over the last decade.  I think most people are on high alert......But I wonder if I would have considered these "suspicious" people, suspicious people before the twin towers fell?   :huh: 

GO RV, then BV

confused-dad.jpg

Armored Carriers to defend

skyscrapers from airliners?

If you recall.......they tried to blow the towers up from the parking garage, like 8 years earlier.   <_< 

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yep, I will sleep easy now, knowing the Clown Brigade has armoured cars. In fact, they would do a lot better in the PR dept, if they painted them field gray, put iron crosses (ritterkreuz)on them, license plates starting with WH or SS (wehrmacht or Waffen SS), get stalhelms, jackboots, and call themselves "Volksturm". And they arent armoured cars now, they're SonderKraftFahrZeugs (SdKfz).THEN everyone would be happy and it would fit the political climate perfectly. Yep, OK with that! Dunno, just saying.....

Tennessee State Militia/Guard Has Stopped DHS armored Vehicles from Kentucky – Russians with DHS Eagle uniforms

Monday, March 4, 2013 17:42

% of readers think this story is Fact. Add your two cents.

Image3.gif

Image4.gif

(Before It's News)

I am a seeker of TRUTH sharing it with others. Sometimes truth frightens people which is not my intent. My intent is for everyone to claim their own power through knowledge! Everyone has untapped Energy within themselves and truth channeled into LOVE for each other and all things can change our world, we do have the Power on our side! We ARE the Power together and able to change it all through LOVE and LIGHT! UPDATE  3/12/13- My investigation and follow up in Gatlinburg Tn. What I found out about Russians, FEMA camps, Energy Weapons and DHS. 

I got an email from someone who I know and is part of the Tennessee State Militia/Guard.
The various units of the Tn. State Guard are listed here. 

Let me explain the Tennessee State Guard first.   22 Governors got together last year and created State Militia/Guards that can not be federalized as the National Guards can be.  They also did this due to the Federal government taking the equipment from the National Guards and sending it over to Iraq and Afghanistan.  When the Governors have requested the equipment back for the state the Federal government has said "It is too expensive to bring back."  The states have had to do without equipment for any emergencies of the individual states.

The governors decided they would form their own State Militias/Guards that can not be controlled by the federal government at any time and they are strictly under the State control along with all the equipment purchased.

The person who contacted me, did so due to my article about the DHS armored vehicles and the picture I took of one when I was in Kentucky. 

Here are the pictures I took.The email with this information is from someone I have the utmost respect for.

Here is the contents of the  email from the person who is part of the Tennessee State Militia and was at a meeting a couple of weeks ago after getting the following email from them today 3/4/13 regarding the above Armored DHS vehicles.

At our last "meeting" several weeks ago, we were advised by a High Ranking Official of the State Guard that they stopped vehicles of this type coming from KY into TN. The troops were wearing very distinct uniforms for the Dept. of Homeland Security that were not recognized and the men they stopped were Eastern European, probably Russian. Apparently, there is some type of FEMA/DHS camp somewhere in Kentucky? 

After receiving the above email, we spoke on the phone, I wanted to find out more information about the Russian/Eastern European DHS troops that were handling the armored vehicles.

During our phone conversation.  They told me that the uniforms were not typical DHS uniforms but they had Eagles on their sleeves and it was stressed these were different DHS uniforms than regular ones.   The Russian/Eastern troops were not armed that were in the DHS uniforms and they were very polite to the State Militia.  They were stopped from coming into Tennessee.  This person told me that in Gatlinburg, Tennessee people are reporting being questioned and stopped by DHS that are Russian.   I was also told that the high ranking official mentioned Kentucky FEMA camps.

I wrote about how I found out the Smoky Mountains are part of the UN last year, as most of our National Parks, including the Grand Canyon after I saw a plaque (took pictures of it) at Newfoundland Gap last year.After speaking with this person, I have to wonder if Russian UN troops are now being placed around the Smoky Mountains.

I have researched and found what could be the Military installation that the armored vehicle came from pictured in the area of Kentucky, I saw them.   It is The Bluegrass Army Chemicals installation of 14600 acres.    That installation has 523 tons of Nerve Chemical weapons.   It is also a possible FEMA camp.  It has a very strange layout.  All of that information is in the video.

Video about the Russian Troops, DHS vehicles, 22 State Guard/Militias, Kentucky Chemical Depot/FEMA camp?, UN Biospheres:

Ok here is a different thought. Open the borders allow the undiseables to cross at their own rate. Deciption called jobs and better lfe. Then allow the thugs anddrug pushers to operate almost openly. When the SHTF clean up the mess kinda and look like a operating government and be the hero. All the while dis arming the citzen at large. Creating more subjets to become dependent on the Government .

The ideal self perpetawaitng government and all the tax the slave subjects can generate.    :twocents: