Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Here's what my bank said

caracam

I sent this email to RBC head office.  Here is what they said.

Hello
Regarding foreign currencies.
Does RBC have any future plans to buy/sell the IQD (Iraq Dinar).
I have heard that the IQD may become an international currency in the near future.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

My name is xxxx, and I'm happy to help you with your question about IQD (Iraq Dinar)..
With Iraq Dinar being from a sanctioned country, RBC does not deal with the Dinar. Sorry but I cannot say whether or not this is something that will become an option in the future.

Thanks for contacting us. We'll be happy to help you again if there's anything else you'd like to discuss.

Pretty much confirms what we suspected all along.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

We pretty much all knew the banks aren't dealing with it these days. From your email exchange, I think it would be safe to infer that RBC will start dealing with it once Chapter 7 sanctions are lifted. It's kind of a lame excuse, though, considering many banks were selling it just a couple years ago, and the sanctions were in place then, as well.

• Upvote 2

Why did you even bother to write them?  Is this your first trip on the roller coaster?

Others were reporting what their banks were saying and I was just doing the same.

Why bother reading, reporting or investigating anything until it shows on CBi in that case?

• Upvote 7

when the us exchanges the foriegn currency into petro dollars that every country uses to buy oil  .. where do ya think the foriegn currency goes ?

it is deleted .

they cant exchange that currency then put the other currency into the economy too,, that would just double the world m2 money supply every time they did it .

the iraqi dinar is not  in the worlds m2 money supply at this time .

but when it is .. and as it is converted into other curencys .. those dinars will be deleted from the worlds m2 money supply . and iraq will gain the value back in petro dollars ..the only dinars left in existance after this will be the dinars  in the iraqi local economy ..

it has to become internationally acceptable

• Upvote 4

everyone who uses dollars will gain from a dinar rv .. those dinars after being converted into dollars  can be use to purchase anything  any where ..

so there will be no burden on iraq to back anything up .

some people say .. ya iraqs going to get rich by giving their wealth away ....

i say they didnt rv first then sell them cheap ..so they are giving away nothing

so people say when they exchange them  they will go broke ..i say yes if everyone goes to bagdad  cbi to exchange them ..i know personally if i can go to the safety of my own bank to convert  them into  dollars , i certainly will not be flying to bagdad to convert them.

the us will simply  convert them into dollars and destroy those dinars .. and the accounting procedures will show where those dollars came from .

so where did iraq give away its wealth .. they sent out low valued  dinars and brought  home many dollars after rv .

if they  rv their currency  to equal a dollar per dinar .. and after that they sold their dinars for 1000 dollars  per million .. then i would say they gave away their wealth .. but they didnt ..they first spread them out then they rv their dinar .

• Upvote 5

they can  take those dolars to iraq and exchange them in for dinars if they want .. or buy any goods and services in iraq with those dollars which were made avaliable through the conversion .. they can buy oil with those dollars that were provided by converting the dinar into dollars .

so in a round about way you can say those dinars that are spread all over the world can be used to buy oil .

what a brilliant idea . to spread them out at our expense .. then rv ,,

and turn them into coupons for oil .. ";to me a dollar is a coupon " used for exchange for goods and services

• Upvote 2

Why did you even bother to write them?  Is this your first trip on the roller coaster?

There is only one ride on this roller coaster and there is no end in sight! I am on my 7th time around and I am past a lot of crap but most of it is still in the rear view mirror! 
  • Upvote 2

I for one am thankful for your story Caracam.  You took it upon yourself to investigate a situation that intrigued you and you had the decency to take your time and share those results with us.  I'm not sure why people need to be so self righteous and condescending in their replies. 

Keep up the good work!!!

• Upvote 6