Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How Heavy Is This Glass Of Water?

RodandStaff

How Heavy Is This Glass of Water???  :huh: 

644230_158789300942574_147092898_n.jpg

A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they’d be asked the “half empty or half full” question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: “How heavy is this glass of water?”

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, “The absolute weight doesn’t matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it’s not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn’t change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.” She continued, “The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything.”

It’s important to remember to let go of your stresses. As early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down. Don’t carry them through the evening and into the night. Remember to put the glass down! 

Good Advice we can all live with!!!  ;) 

• Upvote 3

How Heavy Is This Glass of Water???  :huh: 

644230_158789300942574_147092898_n.jpg

A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they’d be asked the “half empty or half full” question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: “How heavy is this glass of water?”

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, “The absolute weight doesn’t matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it’s not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn’t change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.” She continued, “The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything.”

It’s important to remember to let go of your stresses. As early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down. Don’t carry them through the evening and into the night. Remember to put the glass down! 

Good Advice we can all live with!!!  ;) 

Hey Rod ... does that mean I should start each day by throwing a glass of water on somebody ....  :huh:  :blink:  :wacko: 

You know ... so I don't have to walk around carrying it all day !!!

:unsure: 

• Upvote 2

Hey Rod ... does that mean I should start each day by throwing a glass of water on somebody ....  :huh:  :blink:  :wacko: 

You know ... so I don't have to walk around carrying it all day !!!

:unsure: 

Only you BJ... well, and Thug too!!!  :lmao: 

• Upvote 2

me have a solution to the stress question.  :lol: in stead of holding it or thinking about it...why not jump in it? :blink:

well me is surrounded by water so me cant seem to get that fact out of me mind...but....

by jumping into it...will

one...kool you off ;) and help you to relax...

two...you don't have to worry about how heavy it is...most likely you will float...and it can hold you up a pretty long time.

three...well, if you let the water consume you...you drown... in that case you wouldn't have to worry about ANYTHING cause you be DEAD and it wouldn't matter. it your fault for not learning how to swim. :blink:

buwhahaha.... :lol:

• Upvote 2

Ah ... um ...  :blush:  ... never mind  :( 

admit it you really missed me...buwhahaha :lol: stabstabstab...buwhahaha :lol:

B.J.... what can I say??? :unsure:  ... you've been "Shin slapped and, ummm... stabbed"... now take it like a man and bleed out .... "gracefully"!!!   :shrug:  ...see... she relieved your stress!!!  :wacko:  ;) 

• Upvote 2

B.J.... what can I say??? :unsure:  ... you've been "Shin slapped and, ummm... stabbed"... now take it like a man and bleed out .... "gracefully"!!!   :shrug:  ...see... she relieved your stress!!!  :wacko:  ;) 

:blink: me ish a "Stress Reliever" ?!?!? :unsure: Gee...and me thought me ish was the one that dealt stress... :unsure: heheeh :lol: 

• Upvote 2

I have two personal rules on stress.    #1  Don't sweat the small $hit!!!

#2 It is ALL small $hit!!!          :)          

• Upvote 3

I have two personal rules on stress.    #1  Don't sweat the small ****!!!

#2 It is ALL small ****!!!          :)          

This Guy Knows His Sh!t ! ;)

:D:D:D

• Upvote 1