Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Anti-racists unite to face down fascists

umbertino

Sunday 10 March 2013
by Luke James in Swansea

Over 400 anti-fascists united in Swansea on Saturday to defiantly face down a nazi "white pride" demonstration organised by the National Front.

Trade unionists, students and anti-fascist campaigners flooded in to the Welsh city from across south Wales to drown out the racists' attempts to spread their message of hate.

Around 60 fascists, carrying swastika-style white pride flags and giving nazi salutes, gathered in a failed attempt to stir up racial tension on what they proclaimed was Britain's "first 'white pride worldwide day' demo."

But the fascists faced frustration after being bussed the short distance from Swansea train station to the site of the demo - where they found themselves penned in by police and cut off from public view by the massive counter-demonstration.

Anti-fascists spoke passionately in both Welsh and English of the need to defeat racism wherever it occurs.

English veteran anti-racism campaigner and Neath Labour MP Peter Hain urged a new generation of activists to "take on and defeat the National Front as we did in the '70s."

Plaid Cymru AM Bethan Jenkins added that it was vital to "stand up against such activities in this day and age.

"I don't think it's good enough for us to say 'we should ignore them'," she said.

Swansea East Labour MP Sian James drew inspiration from the famous Battle of Cable Street between anti-fascist activists and Oswald Mosley's blackshirts, declaring: "No pasaran - they shall not pass."

Speaking just yards from Swansea's Waterfront Museum, Ms James said the city's proud maritime tradition was built by people from all over the world who came to work in the city's port and docks.

Swansea became Britain's second City of Sanctuary for people fleeing war and persecution in 2010.

Swansea University Students' Union black students officer Keryn Jalli said: "I'm here to say that I am home - this city is my home and I'm not going to let people like them destroy it."

Swansea council leader David Phillips revealed that he had tried to stop the racists gathering in the city.

"The law wasn't on our side on this occasion," he said.

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/news/content/view/full/130400

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

"nazi "white pride"  &  "KKK demonstrations" do not bother me. These racist are up front and believe what they believe.

Everyone has that right. I might not agree but I do respect them rights to demonstrate.

It's the ones who think like they do, but hide they're true feelings in order to blend in.

"nazi "white pride"  &  "KKK demonstrations" do not bother me. These racist are up front and believe what they believe.

Everyone has that right. I might not agree but I do respect them rights to demonstrate.

It's the ones who think like they do, but hide they're true feelings in order to blend in.

I respectfully disagree gym. 

I agree that people have certain inalienable rights. But I think the right to hate for no reason other then color isn't one of them.

There has to be a line drawn. Its one thing to be a bigot where you think white ways are better then black way or visa versa.

But its another to have a ideology of hate to the point where you want to eradicate. That's the level these morons are at. 

The  idea that genocide is debatable is a idea that shouldn't be allowed to exist in this country or any country. People such as this do not deserve the same rights REAL human beings deserve.  Period.

Just my opinion.

• Upvote 3

Come on, Rat!  Tell us what you really mean...don't be shy.

These are your peeps, right?

From your posts, you're promoting the same stuff here on DV.

I respectfully disagree gym. 

I agree that people have certain inalienable rights. But I think the right to hate for no reason other then color isn't one of them.

There has to be a line drawn. Its one thing to be a bigot where you think white ways are better then black way or visa versa.

But its another to have a ideology of hate to the point where you want to eradicate. That's the level these morons are at. 

The  idea that genocide is debatable is a idea that shouldn't be allowed to exist in this country or any country. People such as this do not deserve the same rights REAL human beings deserve.  Period.

Just my opinion.

Nice, Dog. I agree w you, for once.

dog53 & hame55

Guys if you can not see that these morons MUST be given their right of free speech than you are missing the boat.

Whatever the issue, it can not be unlawful to speck about whatever you believe, except if you advocate doing harm to someone else. Which they do not do in public. They are not totally stupid. They have attorneys, who I am sure, advise them on what they can & can not say in public. If they hold their rally and no one shows up or ignores them they will stop holding them. They're only agenda is to get a reaction from everyone else. It is much like the homosexuals. They are perfectly normal, decent, caring individuals during their normal days but whenever they get together with lots of homosexuals, a few of them feel impowered to attempt the exact same thing. They act out and often go overboard trying to get a negetive reaction which they will turn right around and blast you in the media as a "hater". Yes, I do not believe that homosexuality is God's way either.

So, while you may disagree with me - I respect that but these morons will continue as long as there are people who will react to their dog & pony shows.

• Upvote 2

well i think  people who are pregidous against pregidous people  are hypocrites

and those who hate those who hate are  haters also

Who said that we hate anyone???????????

Who said they we are prejudge against anyone?????????

You KNOW what they say about people who assume?

LOL

Edited by gymrat76541

Who said that we hate anyone???????????

Who said they we are prejudge against anyone?????????

You KNOW what they say about people who assume?

LOL

you speaking for everyone now ?

its not directed at anyone .. but i see it hit a nerve ..

if the shoe fits put it on .. ...

i see you like question marks .. i guess since you used my quote you were talking to me ..  i see  you do know what  people say about those who assume,, so i wont ask you the same question

dog53 & hame55

Guys if you can not see that these morons MUST be given their right of free speech than you are missing the boat.

Whatever the issue, it can not be unlawful to speck about whatever you believe, except if you advocate doing harm to someone else. Which they do not do in public. They are not totally stupid. They have attorneys, who I am sure, advise them on what they can & can not say in public. If they hold their rally and no one shows up or ignores them they will stop holding them. They're only agenda is to get a reaction from everyone else. It is much like the homosexuals. They are perfectly normal, decent, caring individuals during their normal days but whenever they get together with lots of homosexuals, a few of them feel impowered to attempt the exact same thing. They act out and often go overboard trying to get a negetive reaction which they will turn right around and blast you in the media as a "hater". Yes, I do not believe that homosexuality is God's way either.

So, while you may disagree with me - I respect that but these morons will continue as long as there are people who will react to their dog & pony shows.

I understand and agree with your message.

It sounds funny, but I hate haters.

Arrogance, pretense, prejudice, and oppressors of any stripe.

I found it extremely hypocritical of  the communists to condemn the Nazis by calling them Fascist.

That is morally and ethically wrong, but because they believe in mob rule, as long as they have a gang of followers anything they do is OK.

This was nothing but another conditioning event.

The collectivist are programming the masses of populist followers they can crush anyone else human rights as long as they have the power of the mob on their side.

It is sad, so many are too brainwashed to see the whole picture.

Of course, the skinhead's are wrong, but to use that to cast a negative label on an entire population is nothing short of stereotyping for political gain.

I noticed they were sure to mention the trade unions were there, does that mean only the unions, or people that are in the unions, are not Nazis?

We all know that's pure BS.

While the article sounds all warm and fuzzy at first glance, the truth is it is nothing but propaganda and programming.

A mob NEVER has the right to take away another humans rights.

To believe anything else is to be a puppet.

Neg away...

Edited by divemaster5734
  • Upvote 2