Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Aussie version of 60 MINUTES running a story on Iraq

The segment started with the reporter stating that the Iraq war was based on a lie that Saddam Hussein had WMDs. Well, we can all agree on that score. That is now common knowledge.

The program is running as I'm typing these words....now they're showing ideo footage of kids at school. Young Abdul saw his gather beheaded....for no real reason, other than sectarian disagreement. Abdul was asked what he wants to do when he grows up...he replied that he wants to be a Judge.

One mother said that some things are better now, but other things were better under Hussains rule...things such as education, electricity and health care were apparently all much better under Saddam.

Now the reporter is interviewing a doctor who was responsible for getting Saddam hanged. They mentioned hat they thought Saddam was "the ruthless dictator to the very end."

Now there's a street cafe scene...it all looks pleasant, but .according to the story, there are still bomb blasts going on every other day...if you believe the reporter. Over 300 people died in al qeada caused bombings this past month, they stated.

Oh we'll...accurate reporting or just a bit of spin for consumption by the gullible.

Whatever the case may be...it was nice to get an insight into Iraqi life......Baghdad looks really good...but yes, electric wiring looks very 3rd world...same as I saw recently in Bali or Thailand.

No big point to this post...just found it interesting enough to want to tell my Dinarvets friends.

It's always nice when you see the MSM paying attention to the country we have all grown fond of.

God Bless Iraq....and God Bless You too. Stay well, stay strong....and you have to have a plan B.

Do not let this speculative investment put you into a freeze or hold pattern in your life. Get on with your life...be entrepreneurial about your life....look for money making opportunities....business opportunities.....find your passion and try to make a living from it.....

But he's....GO RV!!! Things are looking pretty good.

• Upvote 5

Thanks Elmstreet.  I watched it too.  What i found interesting was that I cannot remember ever seeing TV media coverage with content such as this about Iraq.  It crossed my mind when watching it that it just might be the beginning of a campaign to orientate we Aussies into looking at Iraq in a more congenial light - as a familiarisation process - before our Govt invests further in Iraq, encourages tourism and trade, has flights direct to Baghdad, and then moves into the exciting arena of dinar currency transactions at our banks.  So, as you say...   "but hey,...GO RV!"

• Upvote 2

Thanks elmstreet and OZmosis... always good to know and hear how other countries are covering Iraq.  And I think your onto something there... they are prepping folks for the new Iraq... the rising from the ashes story.  Yes... there is plenty to be done... but I'm thinking when they finally "push that button"... imo things will go a whole lot faster!!!  ;)  

Sounds like prep and prop by a gov to better ensure a happy end for its citizens who will benefit from the stabilization of Iraq. The US has spoken little but has said alot when it has spoken. The sad part is that the masses are the last to know. I was introduced to this thing by a coworker who presented this speculative investment as almost a clandestine insider trading deal. Once I became heavily involved in this thing I started telling my famly. To my surprise, I had family who already had it and had been sitting on the currency never saying one word to me about the opportunity. I am watching and waiting because sooner or later this thing is going to pop.

Blessings!

• Upvote 1

I think that story has been repeated by many around here moneysoon.... don't know why friends and family forget some of us... but then again... I haven'f felt "compelled" to tell everyone I know either... but I did share it with each of my family members.. with limited success I might add.  Time will tell in the end how good our judgement was... and I won't be rubbin anyone nose in it, that was their call... not mine!!!  ;) 

• Upvote 1

Thanks Elmstreet. I watched it too. What i found interesting was that I cannot remember ever seeing TV media coverage with content such as this about Iraq. It crossed my mind when watching it that it just might be the beginning of a campaign to orientate we Aussies into looking at Iraq in a more congenial light - as a familiarisation process - before our Govt invests further in Iraq, encourages tourism and trade, has flights direct to Baghdad, and then moves into the exciting arena of dinar currency transactions at our banks. So, as you say... "but hey,...GO RV!"

G'Day Oz. yes mate that's the feeling I got as well.......and when it comes to TV and the MSM..there is never a story that's put to air for no reason...for no purpose....so my message to Channel 9...... Thanks and keep on prepping us...we're more than ready.

And yes, with all the wealth of history in that country, I for one would LOVE to go to Iraq for vacation one day...and Iran too for that matter. I e seen documentaries on Iran...it looks absolutely gorgeous...the Shiraz region....and really beautiful locals too.

Ah well.......RV first.....

Edited by elmstreet61
  • Upvote 1

G'day to you too Elmstreet.  Yep - intuition is a powerful sense.  The 60 Minutes program was right out of the blue so my eyebrows were raised even before I watched it.  I notice our mates the Yanks...er, Americans are planning post exchange jaunts to Vegas.  We Aussies should meet up also - maybe do a bungy jump from the top of Sydney Harbour Bridge to celebrate....  I do like your idea of visiting Iraq, would be a good way of showing our appreciation.

Are you insinuating that the Bush administration lied about WMD in order to start an illegal war against Iraq for financial gain?  How dare you!

G'day LIBoy.  When the war started - on all of our news programs here in OZ - we were told that the US invasion was necessary due to the Mass Weapons of Destruction that were being hoarded in Iraq.  As I remember, we then saw weeks of news footage of the UN and US doing searches to find where these Mass Weapons of Destruction were being hidden.  They were never found.  There have been numerous indepth documentaries over the years on this fact.  Our news comes from Reuters and our news services are also heavily influenced by the US news services.  Elmstreet can speak for himself.  For my part, it is common knowledge here in Australia that that is why the war started - that is what they told us.  Do I believe that that is the real reason why the US invaded Iraq.  Definitely not.  It is just what Governments wanted us to believe at the time - they made us fear Iraq and via innuendo made us fear nuclear attack.  It appears that there was never any Weapons of Mass Destruction.  Why do I think the US invaded Iraq.  One word - OIL.  Do i think we were lied to - yes I do. This is only my opinion.  Many others will have a different opinion and no doubt let me know about them with much vigour and perhaps aggression as well.  I would like to know why you think America decided to invade Iraq and also some feedback on what the US news services reported to US citizens regarding the reason why an invasion was considered to be acceptable at that time.  I note that the UK Goverment and other countries now say the Iraq war was a "mistake.".. do you agree with that?

G'day LIBoy.  When the war started - on all of our news programs here in OZ - we were told that the US invasion was necessary due to the Mass Weapons of Destruction that were being hoarded in Iraq.  As I remember, we then saw weeks of news footage of the UN and US doing searches to find where these Mass Weapons of Destruction were being hidden.  They were never found.  There have been numerous indepth documentaries over the years on this fact.  Our news comes from Reuters and our news services are also heavily influenced by the US news services.  Elmstreet can speak for himself.  For my part, it is common knowledge here in Australia that that is why the war started - that is what they told us.  Do I believe that that is the real reason why the US invaded Iraq.  Definitely not.  It is just what Governments wanted us to believe at the time - they made us fear Iraq and via innuendo made us fear nuclear attack.  It appears that there was never any Weapons of Mass Destruction.  Why do I think the US invaded Iraq.  One word - OIL.  Do i think we were lied to - yes I do. This is only my opinion.  Many others will have a different opinion and no doubt let me know about them with much vigour and perhaps aggression as well.  I would like to know why you think America decided to invade Iraq and also some feedback on what the US news services reported to US citizens regarding the reason why an invasion was considered to be acceptable at that time.  I note that the UK Goverment and other countries now say the Iraq war was a "mistake.".. do you agree with that?

The original post was my poor attempt at American humor. 

Yes, we were all lied to.  I believe the war was started for oil.  However, I think that was secondary. Believe it or not, I think the primary reason the illegal war was waged was because in 1993, after the first gulf war, Saddam Hussein tried to have Bush Sr, killed while on a trip to Kuwait.  Obviously that attempt failed.  However the younger Bush held a personal grudge against the dictator for trying to "whack" his daddy. 

As we all know, Bush Jr was a bit of a business failure.  He had the opposite of the Midas touch.  Every business he ran became a dismal failure.  Well now he was President of the US and it was time to show dear old dad that he could succeed at something.  So why not succeed at the thing that would gain the most favor of his father and kill the man who had tried to kill him. Or at the very least dethrone him and destroy his government. Thus, the birth of the WMD ruse.

So Bush Jr was successful and avenged the attempted murder of his father by starting an illegal war and killing the evil Saddam Hussein, and they all lived happily ever after.

Oh except for the 3,542 American soldiers who were killed, but I guess every personal vendetta has a few collateral casualties.

• Upvote 4

Hi LIBOY - thanks for your post.  I had been feeling a bit sick actually at what I wrote - I tried to edit it to tone it down but couldn't.  I should have noticed your attempt at humor as reading your post again I realise it is very obvious.  My own sense of humour is very obscure and off-centre and I don't expect anyone else to possess it.  Sorry I got so agro and I really appreciate you taking the time to explain.  For the last hour I have been reading up on wikipedia preparing myself for the onslaught....that hopefully will now never come.  Thinking about war actually makes me feel very sad. 

Anyway, cheers mate. 

You are hereby invited to our harbour bridge bungy jump party in a few months.

• Upvote 1

Hi LIBOY - thanks for your post.  I had been feeling a bit sick actually at what I wrote - I tried to edit it to tone it down but couldn't.  I should have noticed your attempt at humor as reading your post again I realise it is very obvious.  My own sense of humour is very obscure and off-centre and I don't expect anyone else to possess it.  Sorry I got so agro and I really appreciate you taking the time to explain.  For the last hour I have been reading up on wikipedia preparing myself for the onslaught....that hopefully will now never come.  Thinking about war actually makes me feel very sad. 

Anyway, cheers mate. 

You are hereby invited to our harbour bridge bungy jump party in a few months.

Thank you my friend. Your words mean a lot!

• Upvote 2

Try telling the Kurds that Saddam did not have weapons of mass distruction. It must have been the flu that killed all those people that were gassed.. Saddam also perpetuated the lie in order to scare other countries. Bad war no doubt but in the end I hope the Iraqis are better off (and us).

• Upvote 2

Try telling the Kurds that Saddam did not have weapons of mass distruction. It must have been the flu that killed all those people that were gassed.. Saddam also perpetuated the lie in order to scare other countries. Bad war no doubt but in the end I hope the Iraqis are better off (and us).

Ooops. Another FOX watcher.

He did gas the Kurds (he got the gas from us) I'm not arguing he was a good guy. He was a bad dictator.

But we can't go around the world taking out every bad leader - unless he sits on an ocean of oil.

And refuses to take the dollar for oil payments.

You got it in one, Hame55.

Saddam was going to take the Iraqi oil trade off the petrodollar. I think I can recall him on the news holding up some Euro notes or British Pound notes...I forget which.

Then after Hissein was killed, or after his statue was torn down, Boy George Bush had a photo opp where he very symbolically held up a dollar note with two hands...so nobody could mistake the intention or meaning.

Same happened in Libya. The Libyan people LOVED their Leader...he gave them free health care and medicine, free education, each married couple got a grant towards their first home on their wedding day. Happy days!! No Austrian Zionist Central Bank...so no borrowed government money...so..NO Taxes. No interest on loans...as usury is against their faith.

Sounds like flippin' paradise to me... Oh did I mention they traded oil for other currencies???

Well...that wasn't gonna last, right? So we best kill the good leader.....setup a branch of the Austrian Central Bank....start lending with interest...charge people taxes like every other country....and use the petrodollar exclusively for oil trade.....phew!!! So glad you guys killed another dictator, coz he was sooooo bad.

Sorry...couldn't help myself.....no offense intended Big Jake.....you weren't to know......our MSM tells us nothing important...nothing true.

Edited by elmstreet61
  • Upvote 1