Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Reason there's no RV yet

Why is it when neagativity abounds...it's rallied and seemingly promoted vigorously...regarding the dinar...as long as things are negative...it seems on many sites that the thread dissappears when true factual positive information is posted by myself and many others?...How strange, as I've watched and seen this quite extensively...Does someone want to buy dinars or what?...lol....

The reason many hold dinars and many other foreign currencies, (yes, undervalued ones included, even of various types)...is due to the inflation that is eating up their U.S. Dollars...and/or any U.S. Dollar Holdings as well...This is a no-brainer...take a few dinars that have been held long term for an example...they are either the same or have gained some value.....Then simply take the U.S. Dollar...I've lost from 20-to-100% in buying power on some things that have went up in price..sure I did'nt lose U.S. Dollars physically out of my pocket....but I lost them dramatically through inflation....regardless of how many U.S. Dollars or Iraqi Dinars are out there...some get it, some dont....just find an old sales paper with former prices from a year or so ago, you'll figure it out that way....lol...

On another note, I saw 4 or 5 years ago, several articles where Templeton Funds I believe it was, had appx. 5.4 % of their portfolio invested in Iraq...while many I know were advised against doing anything in "emerging markets"..as per the advice from many experts, but some did anyway...and they had great gains while others lost much if not all..in all U.S. denominated and controlled investments...this is another no-brainer for some...but not for others..most cant concieve anything because it has'nt happened..or yet...just like the investments that many lost in...as all they could see was the hyped investment rhetoric....lol...

Conclusion and IMO: The more negativity and bad I hear about this...the better I like it...as long term there's been no losses for the most part for anyone...so, until it's all over as per the final bell being rung as per the finality of it all...why sweat it?....Why go chasing ghosts of anything and everything that WONT work, when neither good or bad has been proven?....IT AINT OVER TILL IT'S OVER!...lol....

Inflation and currency value are 2 separate issues. The dollar index has risen about 4 points this year and I have lost about 10 percent of my income as a result.

• Downvote 1

Iraq has the resources to back up and do anything it wants to do with it's currency...it's just when, and that is due to when they are allowed to do this...this is no different in comparison than why the U.S. Dollar is still standing, while some economists and monetary experts have stated that the U.S. Dollar in reality is only worth .03 cents as per some extensive studies.....but the U.S. Dollar sure goes further than that does'nt it...(sometimes NOT..lol)....but for how long can the U.S. Dollar continue like this with "no real value" either?....who knows...so who is in control of that fiasco?....On another note, could something re-prop up the U.S. Dollar again?....It gets too deep...some use their brain and get the idea...some dont...some hold dinars and other currencies...some dont...get the hint?...It's just a game in reality...One big monetary shell game...lol...

i agree .. some people must think every single dinar has to be backed  up with gold . its just a fiat currency .. and when it rvs .. some people seem to believe everyone in iraq will runto the cbi and exchange it  in for foriegn currency ..

they onlty have to be able to exchange what currency is brought to them for exchange .. they dont have to have an identicle number of foriegn cash to back up  their countrys  dinar ..

every country has legal tender laws .. specifying  what currency is used  domestically .. those domestic dinars dont have to be backed up by anything as they are transferred from one citizen to another ..

in the us . everytime theres a transaction the dollars dont have to go to the treasury  to be backed .. they just float around  forever to be used as a measure of wort for trading  goods and services .

the dinar that are out of country most likely dont exceed 10% of the  30 trillion  dinars ..

iraq can set any value  as a measure of value that they want ..

the dinar that ends up over seas  has to be  converted    to what ever countrys currency they want ,

if iraq needs dollars . they just buy them on the exchange .. but they will have plenty coming in  from oil sales

• Upvote 1

I saw back a few years ago where countries that held dinar, were agreeing to like parlay the return to Iraq, of certain predetermined amounts only, over certain time periods, as per the return of the currency...like a regulated flow back into Iraq...similar to a loan where you pay back a little on the principle and/or interest...similar to if you were to take out a loan to grow a company...but, the difference here is that all countries need the oil that Iraq has anyway...and will trade it out for that...

IMO...I assume that even after the dinar that is held by speculators is turned in...that countries will possibly be able to turn it in to Iraq..or trade for oil, etc...at an even higher exchange rate than what we would get, as per them possibly not being required to turn it in by specified times...so, if any of this is true or happens...cant people see where this would be a large windfall for countries...where as in comparison we would'nt even make a dent in the payout so to speak...as we have even heard that the U.S. may be getting oil in a contract for like 5, some say 10 years..at like $32-35.00 per barrel..how sweet would that be, especially if oil reaches $150 per barrel again?....Did'nt Bush say that the Iraqi war would pay for itself...I know many who saw this stated numerous times, it was even reiterated on Fox News appx. 2 months ago!

On another note, people think that they're going to walk away with a lot of cash even if they were to cash in, exchange, etc.....it is not like that....it will predominently be transferred into accounts and only certain amounts of cash will be let out, probably limited amounts per day, at least as per what I understand...no different than how it is already today...or at least to a certain degree...we will see?....

P.S..I've asked bankers and economists....."if this is not the plan to bail it all out...then what else is there"...I've yet to get one answer, or even a good lie or a good story...as of yet...and I've been asking for one for years...lol....

• Upvote 1

Oil has value only in relation to it's relative scarcity. The more oil Iraq dumps into the market, the less it is worth.  For that reason it is not an appropriate asset to back their currency.

The same problem exists for gold and other precious metals. If Iraq suddenly starts mining and selling a lot of gold (as many suggest), gold will become less valuable.

If there are actually millions of tons of gold stashed somewhere in the world (as many conspiracy theorists believe), then gold is as common as clay bricks and worth nothing.

From what all is gathered...money is basically electronics and pencil etchings on ledgers...at least to a degree...yes, we still have to have the paper currencies, but, those that control the flow of it and the printing...control the rest as well...it is hard to concieve...but, we may never know the whole story on how this is all working, but for those that can keep it simple...

Iraq is doing things and going places monetarily..this is not only Biblical as per their future and what they will be, but it is evident as per the trillions that have moved into that place...I call it "follow the money" and "betting on the winning horse"...

(IMO...a man with an IQ of a 1, with one leg and one eye...should be able to see this, if he can prop himself up, and can peek through the portal enough to see what is happening..lol)........those that cant should'nt even be on here IMO...

As for Iraq, I dont know what they will do exactly and how...that is why there are risks, and things like that are called investments..hoping for gains...but if they cant make it with all that is going on..who can?...I will leave it at that and let wavering and wandering minds figure the rest of it out...lol...

Yes...but does iraq become a superpower because it keep all its trillions....or do they become the superpower by giving away there wealth? Easy answer for someone with an iq of 1

iraqs dinars will only be able to be  redeemed for  goods and services  just like every other fiat currency.. if  oil is only  sold in dollars .. then everyone would convert those dinars to dollars then they buy oil

where do all the dinars end up if they are converted into dollars ? .. (yes they would have to buy dollars with those dinars)

my guess is they end up  in the us treasury ..as a reserve currency . unless the united states gets special privliges  to buy oil from iraq with dinars .. the dinars would be worthless  unless iraq produces other things  that would be of interest to america to buy with those dinars

but then again .. if the dinar was to become an international currency .. the us could use those dinars to buy anything anywhere in the world .. they would be converted to that countrys currency and become part of that countrys reserves also ..

it could become a reserve currency despite  the imf  not specifically designating it as a reserve currency

now the other way around it is to let a soveriegn country sell its oil   using the iraqi dinar for exchange and everyone has to exchange their curency for dinars to buy oil ..

or they as a soveriegn country can say they except any currency they choose  to sell its products ..and have a nice basket of reserve currencys  for their own personal foreign reserves .

any way you look at it  ya cant hold back a country from selling its own goods on the free market  any way it chooses .. unless you take care of them..

i dont think any one will like to see a world dictator telling a soveriegn country they cant sell their own products in their own country  using their own currency.. after all they must go to iraq to buy the iraq oil .

iraq isnt giving away those dinars to anyone .. so asking why iraq is giving away there weath is not the question.

if iraq spreads dinars all over the world ..  with little cost .. actually people are paying iraq to do that , by investing in the dinars .. those dinars didnt cost much at all .. a couple billion dollars at the most ..

now that the dinars are out there . they increase the value .. by decree .. they will accept their own currency  at a certain value equal to the dollar .. in exchange for oil .. whether they do it through the exchange services or how ever they do it .

how ever they do it .. they arent giving away anything . they sell the oil .. in return they get that dinar at a value worth 1 dollar each .. so what did they give away ? .. its not the oil .. they got their own dinar worth a dollar each  in return for the oil ..

they didnt give away the dinar paper .. we bought it at cost  plus the spread .. so what did they give away ..>> >> nothing >> but they got back a valuable  dinar . for their oil ... yes they got back a valuable dinar that they only paid for the printing of it ,,its just a coupon  for oil ..one coupon wil be worth one dollar ..90 of them will buy a barrel of oil ..what did iraq lose >> nothing <<< they got paid 90 dinars worth a dollar each.

so why do people keep saying they are giving  their wealth away . especialy if those dinars are only redeemable in iraq for goods and services . just like any other  fiat currency .. they get the dinars we get the goods .

the dolar is only redeemable in the united states .. any one can use them if they want .. but if they choose to take it to the united states because its all worn out .and no good any more ripped up .. what ever . the united states will redeem those worn out dollars for one new dollar ... thats it .. its redeemable from our govt for one dollar .. an old 10 dollar bil is redeemable for 10 new dollars ..or 25s .. or 1 10 dollar note . 

• Upvote 1

now if iraq was to revalue their curency first to one dinar to one dollar .. then .. sell them  for 1000 dollars for one million dinars ,,, then yes they would be giving their wealth away

but to spread them out .. and then revalue them . is brilliant..

who would of boght the dinar  for a dollar each .. and bought a million of them ..?

or for $3.50 each .. especially  during the war ..?

how about no one

send out paper .. bring back gold .. in exchange for their oil

some people keep thinking theres going to be a run on the bank.. and iraq will go broke if they rv ..

well with all the problems over there ... none of us will be flying to iraq to cash in ..

we will all go straight to the safty of our local bank to cash in ..

those banks will transfer those dinars to the fed  for  exchange into dollars ..

i was wondering why they are holding back the  interest rates  and holding all those funds in the federal reserve .. over 3 trillion dollars are sitting there right now ..

im sure they have an arrangement set up  for the purchase of oil with those dinars  that we will not be privy to .

if they would of done this  just through govt channels ..it would look suspicious ..so we all are going to get a chunk to spread the wealth in our own communities .

in exchange  for the oil .. iraq gets a valuable  dinar  returned to the cbi ..

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1

it wierd how in the past few years all of the sudden .. all of our congressmen became stupid .. and cant manage anything correctly ..

its like they know something but cant  say it ..

our govt and iraqs govt have both gone haywire . at the same time .

there waitin for the damnnn rv

Edited by dontlop

the world converts  trillions of foriegn currency  into dollars  for oil petro dollars ..where do all those foriegn currencys go after they are converted into dollars ?

the us takes in foriegn currency and gives them back  equal value in dollars .

but then what does the us do with all that foriegn currency ?

does the united states just burn them.. and leave the dollars in circulation?

so if the dinars  get revalued .. will the us turn those dinars into dollars .. then burn the dinars ..and then just use accounting techniques to  account for those new dollars ?

then we just use those dollars to buy oil ..

if thats the case then the dinar   that is spread out all over the world will be taken out of circulation ...like that .

and the only dinars in existance would  end up those that are in iraq ..

iraq would continue to take in those petro dollars  backing up their local currency .

the united  states would get rich by proxie

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1

I stopped at "Any currency is just what it is...

There are 2 articles that surfaced today witch (in my opinion) confirms why the IQD has not RV'd as of yet.  Any currency is just what it is if it doesn't have anything supporting it.  The word "Currency" means current.  To be current, it has to stay moving as flow.  This is why the USD has no value today.  Because it's no longer money, it's money has became currency since the Nixon Administration took it off the gold standard in the early 1970s.  The ERISA Act was created because people could no longer retire and their employer take care of them.  The ERISA Act is the reason why we have 401K today, making you accountable for contributing to your own retirement.

Here's info on ERISA: http://www.dol.gov/compliance/laws/comp-erisa.htm

Now let's look at the IQD. Nothing is backing the currency right now.  Even if the economy was backing it, it would not be worth anything still because the economy has declined and is not up to standard to move the currency value upward.  No economy increase, no RV. 

The Iraq economy will not incline without production of oil and the growth of private businesses.  Of course there are other things that needs to be passed first such as the HCL Law etc which we'll see how that starts out on the 19th.  But regardless what's voted on, keep your eye on not just the meetings but the incline of the economy itself because then and only then will we see the incline in the IQD Exchange rate.  So here's two articles which leads to my speculation. 

Developing Iraq’s economy requires revitalizing private sector, businessmen

UN Rep Kubler: Development of private sector in Iraq, a common goal for the Iraqi government and the UN

So for those who are claiming an over night RV at 3,4,5 dollars is Hog squash (In My Opinion).  Don't get me wrong, I would love a high rate but being honest, I don't see that happening for a while.  So sit back and hold tight my fellow dinarians.  We will be in the right place soon.  If that's called a free float then oh well, I wouldn't think negative about a float either because it could be a very fast float.  Who knows?  Time will tell.

Much Love