Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prayer request

KiaKaha

I know I've asked for prayers on behalf of Mr KK before, but he is really have a time of it. He has to do a gastric study (digestion test) on 3/6 and cannot take his stomach meds nor narcotics for pain until after the test is done... he is in excruciating pain right now and there is little chance the pain will let up before then. Please pray he can withstand the pain and if possible it will be lessened so that he can get some rest.

On 3/20 he will be having surgery on his prostate. It's not cancerous, just enlarged, and dr is going to go in and ream it out. It'll be an overnight stay for him and since my cast is on til 3/29 and I can't drive, I won't likely be able to be there with him unless I can arrange a ride. Please pray things will go well. His bladder is currently paralyzed, they don't know why, but are hoping with this surgery it will be able to wake up.

My poor sweet husband is in dire straits and we really can use all the help we can get.

Thanks so much, brothers and sisters...

KK

MADD for Heather

• Upvote 2

Why is he in so much pain to begin with? Sorry, if I missed that post. Might consider acupuncture. I use it a lot in pain management and get about 80% success rate across the board. If it muscular or bone pain, procaine 2% works wonders also. Simple and easy injection.

I hope for his recovery and abatment of pain.

Cheers

Definitely praying for you and your husband precious woman of God! I pray that the doctors are given wisdom and I also pray for the Lord's report for your husband. Lord give them peace in this trying time in Jesus wonderful name.

God bless sister, you, your husband and the rest of your family

• Upvote 1

Why is he in so much pain to begin with? Sorry, if I missed that post. Might consider acupuncture. I use it a lot in pain management and get about 80% success rate across the board. If it muscular or bone pain, procaine 2% works wonders also. Simple and easy injection.

I hope for his recovery and abatment of pain.

Cheers

Long story, Doc. He had an L5/S1 fusion as well as 3 decompressed discs in 2001 which left him in pain, but tolerable for the most part since then. In Feb or March of 2012, he developed a bulge in his abdomen, which they never found the cause of. It wasn't a hernia because it didn't actually go thru the muscle wall. Because of his diabetes, the surgeon felt surgery wasn't necessary. The bulge continued to cause pain thru the rest of the year. He fell several times, slipping on assorted hangers, once on a wet floor, and developed sciatica to add to the back and flank pain.

In December 2012, he was in severe pain so we went to the emergency room and after a ct scan they inserted a catheter, which filled the bag 2.5 times in 8 minutes... approx 5000 cc... for those who don't know (or are curious), a normal bladder holds 350-400 cc before the urge to go wins. The dr told him had he waited another week, I'd have been planning his funeral for Christmas. He's been wearing a catheter ever since.

Since that's not enough pain, he had severe abdominal pain and finally, after 3 more ct scans, his gastro ordered scopes from both ends. He had a polyp removed, which was benign, as well as gastritis. Genius dr didn't give us any diet instructions or suggestions or anything. Thank goodness for the internet! The gastritis is the majority of his pain, we think, altho after a visit to the ER again a week ago Saturday for continued severe and excruciating pain, they did a culture and found he had a cipro-resistant bacterial infection in his bladder. Mind you, he's been on and off cipro since December. They changed him to bactrim.

He is on dexalant for the proton pump inhibitor, but it isn't helping after a week. His primary switched him to omaprazole but that's weaker than the dexalant, so it's not working either. Gastro nurse practitioner suggested the gastric study to see if he is digesting his food as quickly as he should be. Unfortunately, as you know, narcotic pain relievers put the stomach and bladder etc to sleep, so he can't take anything much for pain until after the study.

And naturally, having been on and off narcotics for the severe pain for 6 months or so, he is struggling with extreme constipation. He's currently taking tramadol, which is not much better than a couple of regular strength Tylenol. The urologist is reaming his prostate 3/20, hopefully that will help with his bladder... he currently has no urge. 

So, what's causing the pain? All of the above. Aren't you glad you asked? LOL

Oh, for those of you saying TMI, KK, TMI! Mr KK doesn't even care any more. We figure by being open about it, maybe someone out there will have some ideas or suggestions that his doctors don't.

KK

MADD for Heather

• Upvote 1

Ok, for the back find someone who does PROLOZONE therapy-this is very effective. I learnt it from the inventor-Dr. Shallenberger. good stuff.

Aloe vera for digestion. Eat as much as he can handle. should help with the constipation also (but drug-induced might not). Probiotics big time. Try also a wheat grass enema to help move it a long.

Yes, I AM happy I asked. another slow afternoon at the hospital. find it refreshing to use the ol ONE CELLED mind for something other than a hatrack

Cheers

• Upvote 1

LOL thanks, Doc, will do! How about to calm the gastritis? The acid is absolutely excruciating. Np ordered some sort of drink to coat but the insurance won't cover it, $245!!! I've seen gallon bottles of aloe vera by the laxatives, I'll get him some on payday. He was eating Activia yogurt which is supposed to be full of probiotics, but the pain made him stop eating in general. He's lost about 30 pounds in 2 months. 

I'll research the prolozone... betting the insurance won't cover it. Better get an rv quick so we can get my man fixed!

Thanks again

KK

MADD for Heather

I know I've asked for prayers on behalf of Mr KK before, but he is really have a time of it. He has to do a gastric study (digestion test) on 3/6 and cannot take his stomach meds nor narcotics for pain until after the test is done... he is in excruciating pain right now and there is little chance the pain will let up before then. Please pray he can withstand the pain and if possible it will be lessened so that he can get some rest.

On 3/20 he will be having surgery on his prostate. It's not cancerous, just enlarged, and dr is going to go in and ream it out. It'll be an overnight stay for him and since my cast is on til 3/29 and I can't drive, I won't likely be able to be there with him unless I can arrange a ride. Please pray things will go well. His bladder is currently paralyzed, they don't know why, but are hoping with this surgery it will be able to wake up.

My poor sweet husband is in dire straits and we really can use all the help we can get.

Thanks so much, brothers and sisters...

KK

MADD for Heather

We will pray for Mr KK.

LOL thanks, Doc, will do! How about to calm the gastritis? The acid is absolutely excruciating. Np ordered some sort of drink to coat but the insurance won't cover it, $245!!! I've seen gallon bottles of aloe vera by the laxatives, I'll get him some on payday. He was eating Activia yogurt which is supposed to be full of probiotics, but the pain made him stop eating in general. He's lost about 30 pounds in 2 months. 

I'll research the prolozone... betting the insurance won't cover it. Better get an rv quick so we can get my man fixed!

Thanks again

KK

MADD for Heather

I drink Aloe Vera Gel straight for my stomach about 1/2 cup 2xday on empty stomach.

Luci

Edited by DumNDumer

Aloe is FREE, or it should be. I got about 10 plants in front of my home. It will grow outta cemet, I bet. Anyways, Thompsons make a good brand. Activa is just sugar. Get some REAL probiotics-HMF Forte, Klaire Labs, etc. STOP eating all grains, nuts and seeds. Dairy should be avoided also. Well, if a doc does it, insurance should cover it. Many docs are doing it now since it works so well. No lie. I have had patients in severe pain lying down and after the injection-smile, feeling good, NO PAIN. Yes, it can work that fast. Not saying that is every case, but it is about 80% right on the money. Simple with a shot on either side of the lumbar, solution followed by ozone. I can do someone in about 1 min. He might need more, but it can really be effective. Hope this helps. Cheers

Forgot to mention, get some MISO SOUP. Buy it ready made, as this is much easier for you to make. This can provide him with digestive enzymes.  Also, consider giving him something called a "Paracelus Build" soup which is a bunch of veggies (chopped into squares) cooked for about 20 mins, strain out the veggies and drink thru out the day. It wont make you poop, but it adds much needed electrolytes and mineral to the body. Good when your digestion isnt working well. Should make about 1-2 liters. (Sorry, 1-2 qts)

Commonly used veggies are:

carrot

Sweet potato or yam

Celery

kale or collards or mustard greens

We give it to our cancer patients who have really compromised digestive systems. You can Google the complete and correct formula. It is from a famous clinic in Switzerland.

Cheers

Will be praying that he has relief from the pain and that he will be able to go through the process with faith in God. Often these struggles cause the individuals involved to question whether God is there with them.  Rest assured He is there.  Remain faithful to Him through the trials and glorify God by maintaining constant hope.  God bless.

Thanks you so much, everyone. He did get some much needed sleep last night and is feeling less pain today.

He ended up alternating between the heating pad and the ice pad all night for the sciatica, but it took away enough of the pain that he rested some. We really appreciate you guys!

Doc, I'll look for the miso soup and the recipe for the tonic. Luci, I'll get the aloe vera and have him start taking it. You guys are awesome!

KK

MADD for Heather

Prayers in your direction KK.  May our Lord send him comfort and release him of any stress and pain.  Prayers to you too KK. 

You take care of yourself too. Your doing awesome looking after the love of your life. 

Aloe Vera is a great for about anything.  My mother eats it straight from the plant.  I controls her diabetes.  It a great healing plant. 

• Upvote 2