Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

HIGH SCHOOL 1957 vs. 2012

carlablum

You know by today's standards none of us was supposed to ever make it.

HIGH SCHOOL  1957 vs. 2012

Scenario 1:

Jack goes duck hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.

1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.

2012- School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2:

Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2012 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario 3:

Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.

1957 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2012 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The family gets extra money (SSI) from the government because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:

Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a successful businessman.

2012 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse, Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario 5:

Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1957 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock.

2012 - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6:

Pedro fails high school English.

1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.

2012 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English is then banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario 7:

Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.

1957 - Ants die.

2012 ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents - and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated. Johnny's dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario 8:

Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his kneeHe is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1957  In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2012 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

• Upvote 14

***///

This is so sad. 

We were hopeful Our ForeFathers were on track in creating a Republic which could grow old gracefully and proudly and be a beacon of Hope and Light to a suffering people world wide.  And indeed they were... until some of US betrayed Them.

Now we are suffering, because we have let the devils who enslaved the rest of the world into our White House, into Our House & Senate and allowed them to remain, gain power and enslave US, too.

We The Real People, The Real Patriots Must Not Accept This As Our Fate.

It Is Time For A Change - A Big Change.  Time To Take Our Country Back!

DENY THOSE WHO ARE MURDERING OUR REPUBLIC.

• Upvote 5

This is funny... and yet it's not... because it's not a joke... these folks take themselves serious today!!!   :huh: 

I grew up where I walked home from the Jr. High school dance in the dark... but as a melancholy kid I needed my "space" and time to think... so I would tell my mom "I'm going for a walk" (after the dance)... and that's what I did... I would walk the streets til 2 in the morning (small town in the Midwest)... and mom never worried about me.  Today that would be child neglect and abuse... but actually it was better for me than what the doctor ordered... I needed that time like a fish needs water.  To this day I need to be out and about whenever I can to just clear my head and think.  Thank God they didn't pump drugs into me... I wouldn't have stood a chance.  I can't see us surviving this kind of insanity for much longer without some kind of "return to sanity"!!!  <_< 

Thanks for the post carlablum!!!   ;) 

• Upvote 2

:)

This is funny... and yet it's not... because it's not a joke... these folks take themselves serious today!!!   :huh: 

I grew up where I walked home from the Jr. High school dance in the dark... but as a melancholy kid I needed my "space" and time to think... so I would tell my mom "I'm going for a walk" (after the dance)... and that's what I did... I would walk the streets til 2 in the morning (small town in the Midwest)... and mom never worried about me.  Today that would be child neglect and abuse... but actually it was better for me than what the doctor ordered... I needed that time like a fish needs water.  To this day I need to be out and about whenever I can to just clear my head and think.  Thank God they didn't pump drugs into me... I wouldn't have stood a chance.  I can't see us surviving this kind of insanity for much longer without some kind of "return to sanity"!!!  <_< 

Thanks for the post carlablum!!!   ;) 

I would say those long walks paid off well for you Rod!  We all appreciate your clear headed thinking and wisdom.......... :)

• Upvote 3

I was a bad kid. I was hyper active, exciteable, and subject to get into trouble at a drop of a hat. When I acted out in school I was paddled by the VP, received detection, but if Dad found out I was beaten. Spare the rod and spoil the child is still true today! I deserved every bit of what I got at the time. Of course, I did not believe it back then. LOL My parents got me into sports and that helpped me alot to channel all the energy. I turned out to be a law abiding person.

I can just imagine what kind of drugs & special programs they would have put me on these days.

You can dope up these kids all you want, and call them disabled/handicapped/special if you want but you are making them a failure in life. They receive a passing grade no matter what school work they do because they are in the SPECIAL program (Grades K-12). What happens when they graduate High School? You have taught them nothing in preparing for the real world. They are hooked on drugs, unable to handle the emotional ups & downs that come with real life, and can by no means ever have a normal life. They can not even graduate college because they do not play that game. Lets forget their ever having a relationship with the opposite sex. They can not work to earn a living, thus they are a burden to everyone!

Good job to those parents! You are a joke and have Wasted your childs life!

Edited by gymrat76541
  • Upvote 1

I was told 1957 was a great year but can't remember any of it as it was my birth year.

Me too !!

so true 

i got the paddle a few times  in grade school if front of a big window in the principles office for all to see passing by  , then again when i got home  by dad 

Our principal used to use a wooden ruler across the knuckles ... there was also a few times where we received the strap ... across the palms !!  OUCH !!

• Upvote 1

MAN, THAT IS SO TRUE. WHEN THEY LET THE GOVEMENT IN. THAT CHANGED EVERY THING. I GOT MY A---- WHOPPED ALOT IN SCHOOL AND AT HOME. THAT MADE ME WHO I AM TODAY. GROWING UP, IF SOME ONE ELSE GOT YOU. BY THE TIME YOU GOT HOME YOUR PARENTS DONE GOT THE PHONE CALL. AND THEN YOU GOT IT AGAIN. THEY NEED TO GO BACK TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS. HALF THE THINGS THAT IS GOING ON WOULD NOT HAPPEN.

I was whacked on the butt by a paddle in public school gym class and whacked across the knuckles with a ruler by a nun in "Saturday school". I feared the ruler more than the paddle!

BTW the nun eventually became one of my heros.

• Upvote 1

I was in elementary shool in the late 70's. Graduated high school in 88.  I would take my guns to school starting at age 9 and drop them off at the Principal's office so I could go dove hunting after school. I'd do the same thing with my .30-06 if I was going to get picked up to go deer hunting.  I did this all the way through high school. I dipped skoal in class and there was smoking areas for students. Today, I would be in prison, my parents would be up a creek and there would be untold law suits.

1962 vs. 2012

1962: Long hair 
2012: Longing for hair 

1962: KEG 
2012: EKG 

1962: Acid rock 
2012: Acid reflux 

1962: Moving to California because it's cool 
2012: Moving to Arizona because it's warm 

1962: Trying to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor 
2012: Trying NOT to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor 

1962: Seeds and stems
2012: Roughage 

1962: Hoping for a BMW
2012: Hoping for a BM 

1962: Going to a new, hip joint
2012: Receiving a new hip joint 

1962: Rolling Stones 
2012: Kidney Stones

1962: Passing the drivers' test
2012: Passing the vision test 

Just in case you weren't feeling too old today, this will certainly change things:
Each year the staff at Beloit College in Wisconsin puts together a list to try to give the faculty a sense of the mind set of this year's incoming freshmen. Here's this year's list:

The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born in 1994 . 

They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up. 

Their lifetime has always included AIDS. 

Bottle caps have always been childproof and plastic.

The CD was introduced 4 year s before they were born. 

They have always had an answering machine. 

They have always had cable. 

They cannot fathom not having a remote control.. 
Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show. 

Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.

They never took a swim and thought about Jaws. 

They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.

They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.

They never heard: "Where's the Beef?", "I'd walk a mile for a Camel", or "de plane, Boss, de plane.." 

They do not care who shot J. R. and have no idea who J. R. even is.

McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers. 

They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter. 

Do you feel old yet? 
Pass this on to the other old fogies on your list. Notice the larger type, that's for those of you who have trouble reading.. 

So have a nice day! 
It is good to have friends who know about these things and are still alive and kicking!

It will be too late when the theme song of your High School Reunion is "Taps"

Edited by jonjon

And... today's teens grow up with an entitlement along with rage inside of them because they never learned how to deal with disappointment and their anger as small children.  They are given everything they want. 

I watched a show called Doc Zone.  It was all about children being entitled when they are small and how they grow up to become functioning adults. Many of them had their parents negotiating their first job postion and salary after graduating from University and one mother came with her son to setup his new cubicle.... :lol: . I kid you not.  They also have no experience in conflict resloution because either their parents gave into them or their parents defended whomever and got them off in whatever trouble them came into.  There is also an episode on how many of these young adults are moving back with their parents or staying with their parents well into their thirties. 

These are the future humans that will take what we created and run the economy, teach children and make decisions that affect lives. Scary to think these kids will be making decisons for me when I become a senior. :huh:

Check out the program if you have time.  It's a Canadian show, so I'm hoping my American friends are able to log into this.

http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/doczone/2010/hyperparents/

I was told 1957 was a great year but can't remember any of it as it was my birth year.

I can't remember 1957, because I wasn't born yet.  :)

I can't remember 1977 ...because it was 1977. 

Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll Baby!!!!  :D