Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Illegals bringing drug-resistant TB to U.S.

divemaster5734

A member of Congress who for more than 30 years worked as a doctor says the baggage that illegal aliens are bringing into the United States now is killing people.

Rep. Michael Burgess, R-Texas, told WND that it’s not suitcases, clothes or the like – it’s the highly infectious cases of drug-resistant and lethal tuberculosis that are walking across the Mexican border.

“It is something I am aware of and it is definitely a factor to consider in the immigration debate,” Burgess said.

Tuberculosis is a bacterial infection that generally attacks the lungs, although it can attack any part of the body. The disease is easily spread when an infected individual coughs, sneezes or even talks in the presence of another person. If not properly treated the disease can be fatal.

The disease has been around since ancient times and tuberculosis was once the leading cause of death in America. Among the disease’s victims was the legendary Doc Holiday, who died in a tuberculosis ward in Colorado Springs.

While the 20th century development of antibiotics resulted in the disease being virtually eradicated in America by the 1960s, in recent years TB has been making a comeback with new strains that are resistant to most antibiotics.

Last week it was reported that a persistent strain of tuberculosis had developed in some Los Angeles neighborhoods. Officials said as many as 4,500 people may have been exposed to the disease.

The Los Angeles Times reported the strain appeared to be unique to the region and concentrated among the homeless. Because TB is highly contagious, there is a potential for a widespread outbreak as homeless individuals often move around from place to place.

Last week officials advised police to wear protective surgical masks while dealing with suspects or members of the public who may have been exposed to the disease.

Los Angeles is not the only major city to have problems with the disease. Since 2008, Jacksonville, Fla., has suffered from a TB outbreak that officials with the Center for Disease Control said was among the worst seen in 20 years.

Despite the outbreak’s severity, the public was not informed of the danger until months after the CDC began tracking it. The reason given was the authorities felt they had the disease contained in 2008, despite cases being reported in other parts of the state.

Besides California and Florida, the states with the greatest number of multi-drug-resistant TB are Texas and New York, all having large numbers of illegal aliens within their borders. Florida was recently ranked as having the third largest illegal alien population by the Department of Homeland Security. Many illegals in Florida come from the Caribbean and other countries in the Southern Hemisphere, some of which have widespread problems with tuberculosis.

Last month, My San Antonio reported U.S. Customs and Immigration Enforcement agents had captured an illegal alien from Asia who was captured while trying to cross the Mexican border Nov. 27. The man was diagnosed with extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis, the least treatable form of the disease.

See a video on the issue:

In the past, WND has reported on the dangers caused to the U.S. medical system by illegal aliens with drug-resistant strains of diseases including tuberculosis. A report in the Spring 2005 issue of the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons warned how the influx of illegal aliens threatened to destroy the American medical system.

“By default, we grant health passes to illegal aliens,” wrote Madeleine Peiner Cosman, author of the report. “Yet many illegal aliens harbor fatal diseases that American medicine fought and vanquished long ago, such as drug-resistant tuberculosis, malaria, leprosy, plague, polio, dengue, and Chagas disease.”

“Many illegals who cross our borders have tuberculosis. That disease had largely disappeared from America, thanks to excellent hygiene and powerful modern drugs such as isoniazid and rifampin. TB’s swift, deadly return now is lethal for about 60 percent of those infected because of new Multi-Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis (MDR- TB). Until recently MDR-TB was endemic to Mexico.”

Burgess pledges that he will take steps to make sure the issue of illegal aliens introducing drug-resistant strains of these diseases is addressed as the House considers any immigration bills.

“This is something I am going to push for us to look at in the Oversight Committee on Energy and Commerce,” Burgess told WND. “The issue came up a couple of years ago in late 2010. We had some hearings a couple of years ago but it is time to ask some questions again.”

WND columnist Barbara Simpson wrote about the issue recently.

“Who’s in charge of this stupidity?” she wrote. “No immigrant should be allowed in this country without a complete health check.”

A video with more information can be found here;
  • Upvote 4

I want to state for the record I am not against immigration.

I realize the system is so overburdened by its own bureaucracy it is as ineffective as all the other gov departments.

There desperately needs to be reform.

That said, the current policy of allowing them in so they can vote for democcrats is going to backfire on the current vile administration.

What's worse, is while obummer is busy playing partisan politics, he is now officially gambling with your life.

Edited by divemaster5734
  • Upvote 3

***///

There was a reason screening was done at Ellis Island....

Closed borders are our best defense.

Immediate deportation is another.

The less time they are here to spread their murderous death, the better.

Enforcing the Laws currently on the books is imperative.

Refusing to continue to allow enforcement of same is going to end up killing US.

When the Cuban commie castro cut loose hordes of sick and insane criminals on our shore, there was hell to pay here.

An administration which not only allows, but encourages this through its inaction, is the same thing as

murdering US.

Our defense was to curtail the event by enforcement of our laws.

Now that its not part of our equation, he's letting US be murdered.

All those thousands of criminals he let out because of 'the sequestration' should've been immediately sent to the White House.

If they pose no threat to US, why wouldn't he let them in the same house as his wife and children?

• Upvote 2

***///

Don't laugh, SHABS.... one day when you're someplace around even just one infected illegal,

you'll wonder...

One day when you get sick and can't imagine where you might have caught it....

you'll wonder...

When your family has to bury you, or you have to bury a loved one, you'll wonder.

All these resistant strains staying ahead of medical miracles..... no one can help you or your loved one.

This is DEADLY SERIOUS.

• Upvote 1

***///

Don't laugh, SHABS.... one day when you're someplace around even just one infected illegal,

you'll wonder...

One day when you get sick and can't imagine where you might have caught it....

you'll wonder...

When your family has to bury you, or you have to bury a loved one, you'll wonder.

All these resistant strains staying ahead of medical miracles..... no one can help you or your loved one.

This is DEADLY SERIOUS.

Reminds me of the AIDS paranoia of the 80's......I abandoned a great friend of mine in the Army because his wife contracted HIV.  I even threw away a bag of baby clothes they gave to us for our newborn son because of my uneducated stupidity.  This reeks of the same laughable scenario.   :rocking-chair: 

GO RV, then BV

***///

The contagion factor in your analogy is way off.

If we have to clearly define the difference for you, we cannot help you.

suffice to say, you'll be sadly missed.

My analogy was not off in the 80's......nobody knew for certain it wasn't air bourne transmittable, even though the government and CDC was telling us it wasn't.  You want me to distrust our government now, but back then they were top notch, right?  

GO RV, then BV

we can no longer neg for STUPIDY   but atleast we can plus  for common sense 

right on sgtfuryuscz

If you haven't lived it........fly away little bird.  

GO RV, then BV

***///

A gracious "Thank you" from us, REVELDOG.... :tiphat:

We guess SHABS doesn't know that the diseases in question have been known to be quite

contagious and very virulent for a very, very long time now..... :confused2: poor SHABS.

You mean TB isn't a new disease?   Huh.....who knew?   :shrug:   

GO RV, then BV

Years ago when I went thru school for respiratory therapy, my teacher told us the tb spores just fall to the ground, waiting to be kicked up and "shared" with everyone... every time I see a baby in a carrier sitting on the floor I cringe... ESPECIALLY in areas, like So Cal where we lived at the time, with high immigrant populations. As they spread and infiltrate the rest of the country, I always warn Moms of babies to please not leave the baby on the floor in public.

KK

MADD for Heather

• Upvote 5

***///

So right, KIA....

if SHABS eats a piece of fruit handled by one of these people -

which is very highly likely he will, as will any of us, he could die.

People - take precautions!  

just because you don't rub elbows with these criminals, doesn't mean they can't murder you....

you may touch something they've touched or may breath the air they've emitted from their diseased bodies...!

• Upvote 1

Once it enters, and it seems it has, it will be a gigantic ripple affect.  Well Shab's it's beginning to ripple.  Take this serious, for yours and your family's sake. 

We are schools of diversity.  Think of all the little children in our schools who will be exposed.  They will be hit the hardest and if your child or grandchild  already has lung problems, such as asthma, then a parent will have a major problem on their hands, if its not caught in its early stages.  And how many parents of this generation, much less the immigrants, that are educated enough to know the signs, till its to late. 

This is a whole knew ball game for our Representatives to take advantage of regarding our borders.  They better jump at it and jump at it hard. 

• Upvote 2

I'm sure that this strain of TB was created in the meth lab that President Obama has set up in the basement of the White House.

***///

There was a reason screening was done at Ellis Island....

Closed borders are our best defense.

Immediate deportation is another.

The less time they are here to spread their murderous death, the better.

Enforcing the Laws currently on the books is imperative.

Refusing to continue to allow enforcement of same is going to end up killing US.

When the Cuban commie castro cut loose hordes of sick and insane criminals on our shore, there was hell to pay here.

An administration which not only allows, but encourages this through its inaction, is the same thing as

murdering US.

Our defense was to curtail the event by enforcement of our laws.

Now that its not part of our equation, he's letting US be murdered.

All those thousands of criminals he let out because of 'the sequestration' should've been immediately sent to the White House.

If they pose no threat to US, why wouldn't he let them in the same house as his wife and children?

Gee, let's see.  How could we possibly go about closing the borders if that's the tact to take?  HHHHMMM.....How about 2700 armored vehicles that were purchased by the Dept of Homeland security?  Oh no, right. According to the conspiracy theorists those were purchased to kill all of us.  OK, I give up.  How do we close the borders?

***///

Fat chance an administration that does not even acknowledge an "illegal alien" would do such a thing....

"         "       "            "               " engages in running illegal arms across that border "   "       "     "      "......

"         "       "             "              " that gives illegal aliens free college money & tells American kids to "suck it"  would do such a thing.

Don't even get US started, it could go on for days, until you'd be so inundated with facts, you'd choke on your own ignorance.

Wise up. <_<

***///

Fat chance an administration that does not even acknowledge an "illegal alien" would do such a thing....

"         "       "            "               " engages in running illegal arms across that border "   "       "     "      "......

"         "       "             "              " that gives illegal aliens free college money & tells American kids to "suck it"  would do such a thing.

Don't even get US started, it could go on for days, until you'd be so inundated with facts, you'd choke on your own ignorance.

Wise up. <_<

My point, dear lady, is that there are always muliple possibilities for any situation.  The conspiracy whackos love to think that every move the govt makes is to kill us and destroy our freedoms.  When, in fact, as per your own post.  There are many possibilities for the use of those vehicles.  Sorry if I am making too much sense.  I know quite a few of you only want to see a govt that wants to kill us and never a govt that could possibly be just trying to defend itself against foreign intruders. 

I will now anxiously await the responses from the right wing theorists who will tell me how stupid I am because I am not a paranoid American who thinks my govt is out to destroy me.  How dare I have an opposing view from the Anti Obama group!!!

• Upvote 1

My point, dear lady, is that there are always muliple possibilities for any situation.  The conspiracy whackos love to think that every move the govt makes is to kill us and destroy our freedoms.  When, in fact, as per your own post.  There are many possibilities for the use of those vehicles.  Sorry if I am making too much sense.  I know quite a few of you only want to see a govt that wants to kill us and never a govt that could possibly be just trying to defend itself against foreign intruders. 

I will now anxiously await the responses from the right wing theorists who will tell me how stupid I am because I am not a paranoid American who thinks my govt is out to destroy me.  How dare I have an opposing view from the Anti Obama group!!!

Seems to me you always end your post by stating    "now I will await the responses from the right wing theorists who will tell me how stupid I am"  

hahahahahahah  

You have a victim complex

you poor little pup.

74935.jpg

GO RV, then BV

Johnny ringo 

Making his play against doc holiday

What a movie !!!!!!!

Whoops dont want to get off subject ill be in trouble again.

doc had TB right 

• Upvote 3

***///

Smart DOG... LiLPupster didn't even really read our post.

We gave him many reasons why his administration would NOT use the vehicles for his border idea....

we did NOT give him multiple uses for same.

He doesn't do the work, ElDOGgo....  He still has his little teeny weenie milk teeth! :lol:  :D 

Seems to me you always end your post by stating    "now I will await the responses from the right wing theorists who will tell me how stupid I am"  

hahahahahahah  

You have a victim complex

you poor little pup.

Johnny ringo 

Making his play against doc holiday

What a movie !!!!!!!

Whoops dont want to get off subject ill be in trouble again.

doc had TB right 

Please stay on topic.  Thank you. :peace:  :peace:

Edited by LIBoy
  • Upvote 1

***///

Smart DOG... LiLPupster didn't even really read our post.

We gave him many reasons why his administration would NOT use the vehicles for his border idea....

we did NOT give him multiple uses for same.

He doesn't do the work, ElDOGgo....  He still has his little teeny weenie milk teeth! :lol:  :D 

Why do you have to mock and ridicule everything you don't believe in?  I'm simply pointing out that you dispelled the conspiracy theory about the armored vehicles.  You have to respond with an insult.  I don't get it.  Then you folks get all upset when I give you a taste of your own medicine. 

There are always going to be opposing sides from the one you believe in. That's the way life is.  To trash any opposing position is just immature and unrealistic.  I'm sorry you've had such morals and ethics instilled in you and will pray that you are able to accept others, no matter their thoughts and beliefs.

***///

We did NOT dispell any "theory" about the vehicles....

as a matter of fact,

we are adamant that your administration would never use them on illegal aliens, or on the border -- and why!

Do we believe obummer would use them on American Patriots before ever turning them against illegal aliens..?

YES.... you betcha... in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 1