Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Hagel: US 'can't dictate' to the world

yota691

The real story WWII and the role of the US. to Police the World.

The US initial role was that of supplying England with armaments to fight against the Nazi's. It became obvious that Hitler's plan was to take over the world, and he would have done it, had it not been for the US.  But only after Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, did the US enter the war.  When the US declared war on Japan, then Germany and all the axis powers declared war against the U. S.  Germany's moved their focus from England after losing ground at the Battle of Brittain, and moved staged "Operation Barbosa" to try and take Russia.  Luckly bad weather hit and the Russians were able to push the Germans back at the battle of Stalingrad. Then our our invasion of Normandy moved them out of France.  The US was forced into WWII and had to become the world police. If not, the Nazi's would have taken over and ruled the world.  We were forced to take them on, and we did it, we ran the Nazi's out of Italy, France, Austria, the Netherlands, and those countries would have lost their freedom had it not been for the United States.  So much of history has been rewritten based on someone's opinion, and not based on fact at all.  Yet there are many who read their nonsense and believe it.  

The same is true with Iraq.  The US was granted rights to Iraqi oil, we didn't take it, it was all bought and paid for and a lot of money invested in their country, and the US had every right to protect its property and employees.  

How can some be so unpatriotic?

• Upvote 2

how could this happen if saddam wasnt involved

As the May 8, 2003 New York Post and other news outlets reported, Baer ruled that Saddam Hussein’s government was complicit in the September 11 attacks and that the Baathist government owed the plaintiffs a judgment of $104 million.

As Baer stated on May 7, 2003:

“I conclude that plaintiffs have shown, albeit barely, ‘by evidence satisfactory to the court’ that Iraq provided material support to bin Laden and al Qaeda.” 22

76sized.jpg

U.S. District Court Judge Harold Baer, Jr.

This lead to the following headline from the most unimpeachable name in news, CBS: “Court Rules: Al Qaida, Iraq Linked.”

82.jpg

Thus, there is abundant and undeniable evidence that Saddam Hussein provided money, diplomatic services, shelter, medical care, and training to terrorists of every stripe, including those complicit in the 1993 WTC bombing and — according to a Clinton-appointed federal judge — the September 11 attacks. The Iraqi dictator aided al-Qaeda and other global terrorists who murdered Americans, both at home and abroad.

i didnt get much feed back  so i thought id post it again..

some one sued the govt of iraq and won  104 million dollars  because they proved saddam was involved in 911 attacks ..

i guess they must of collected out of the frozen funds

Edited by dontlop

The US initial role was that of supplying England with armaments to fight against the Nazi's. It became obvious that Hitler's plan was to take over the world, and he would have done it, had it not been for the US.  But only after Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, did the US enter the war.  When the US declared war on Japan, then Germany and all the axis powers declared war against the U. S.  Germany's moved their focus from England after losing ground at the Battle of Brittain, and moved staged "Operation Barbosa" to try and take Russia.  Luckly bad weather hit and the Russians were able to push the Germans back at the battle of Stalingrad. Then our our invasion of Normandy moved them out of France.  The US was forced into WWII and had to become the world police. If not, the Nazi's would have taken over and ruled the world.  We were forced to take them on, and we did it, we ran the Nazi's out of Italy, France, Austria, the Netherlands, and those countries would have lost their freedom had it not been for the United States.  So much of history has been rewritten based on someone's opinion, and not based on fact at all.  Yet there are many who read their nonsense and believe it.  

The same is true with Iraq.  The US was granted rights to Iraqi oil, we didn't take it, it was all bought and paid for and a lot of money invested in their country, and the US had every right to protect its property and employees.  

How can some still be asleep this late in the game?  Wake up, millions have been killed for lies... the globalist bankers have no allegiance to any country, this isn't about our patriotism, our country was hijacked a long time ago... I love America and I'm proud of my lineage, but I am damn ashamed of my government and the scum who has taken over.

• Upvote 1

Tell You What Dontlop and SherryB...

You think these wars with Iraq, Afghanistan, soon to be Iran, are so righteous then as Thiaexpat said "suit up" and get on over there.

Just Leave Our Kids Out Of This!!!

Fool me once... Shame on you.

Fool me twice... Shame on me.

I'm sorry, but you have NO CLUE to what you are saying. The RUSSIANS BEAT THE KRAUTS plain and simple. The US had very little outside of Lend-Lease in defeating the Nazis (they did have direct effect on beating the ****). Read your history a little better. Germany lost the war in Dec' 41 with the failure of Operation Typhoon. Even Hitler admitted defeat then. The German Army was eaten alive on the eastern front. 5.5 M dead and 90% of those happened against the Russikis. In a SINGLE DAY (Operation Citadel) the Krauts lost 25,000 killed. No where on the western front, did the Americans inflict such losses. 70% of all German forces fought the Russians. If it wasnt for those commie SOBS, Overlord would have been immpossible. Nope, you are totally mistaken in giving credit to the US in defeating the Nazis. So, since your premise is in outer space, there goes the rest of your argument. For references about what really happened in WW II: Google: Kursk, Bagration, Moscow, Smolsemk, destruction of Army Group Center, kurland, and other epic battles/operations that happened on the EASTERN FRONT.

25 Million dead Commies, 5.5 M dead krauts. How many Americans died? And just how do you suppose they could invade American, when they couldnt even invade England? Build a bunch of Schwimwagons and float over in squads?

Learn REAL history and not Readers' Digest crap-n-nonsense..

How can someone be so IGNORANT about history is beyond me. Dunno, just saying...... Peace (and that is in response to your "unpatriotic" remark. How many years did you serve in the military?)

• Upvote 1

I have a question for you LOP and JonJon - you guys seem very sure of yourselves.

You could not be more wrong about Bush or the war.

WHY?

Did you ever ask yourself why almost all of the 911 hijackers were Saudis - our allies? We never went after SA.

dumb question

their nationality or race do not matter .. they were alkieda bin ladin who claimed  responsibility was in afganistan  the place where clinton bombed a few years earlier .. and we were based in saudi arabia at the time  covering iraqs no fly zone ..

Did you ever ask yourself WHY Bush himself admitted there were no WMDs afterwards? And you keep saying there were....who is right? dumb  misleading question , bush said there were no stock piles of wmds  they found  wmds in iraq  as well as yellow cake uranium . im sorry you dont have enough intelligence to think that theres a possibility that the weapons were removed from iraq .. you  do realize there are records of wmds  in iraq that have not been accounted for still to this day

Did you ever ask yourself why we invaded Iraq even though there were no Iraqis on the 911 planes? dumb question .. no one ever said they invaded iraq because of 911 .. read the  iraqi liberation act first .. then un resolution 1441 .. then  read joint resolution 114 ..  i did ask myself that and found the answers .. you should try  it .. and quit passing around  ignorance and pretending your smart

Did you ever ask yourself WHY we have had our NOSES is the Mid East's business pissing them off for DECADES before the '91 invasion -- and then everybody goes "OH! Gee, we got attacked in NY on 911!" dumb  question ..  al kieda was  centralized in afganistan   ... clinton fired 90 tomahawk cruise missles  into afganistan and never  followed up on it .. he just stated how he missed his target .. did clinton get them to surrender after his act of war in afganistan? ... did clinton get a cease fire agreement  in afganistan  .. since you say iraq wasnt involved in the atack how can you even ask such hypacritical  questions..

(easy answer - it wasn't the camel nuggets.)

You guys stand with former Pres. Bush. Well, that says it all, doesn't it?

so your idea is to attack countrys based on what race or nationality a terrorist is .

before you go any further you need to talk to this guy >>>> “I am absolutely convinced that there are weapons…I saw evidence back in 1998 when we would see the inspectors being barred from gaining entry into a warehouse for three hours with trucks rolling up and then moving those trucks out.” — Clinton’s Secretary of Defense William Cohen in April of 2003

Tell You What Dontlop and SherryB...

You think these wars with Iraq, Afghanistan, soon to be Iran, are so righteous then as Thiaexpat said "suit up" and get on over there.

Just Leave Our Kids Out Of This!!!

Fool me once... Shame on you.

Fool me twice... Shame on me.

no one is saying any war is rightous . just calling out the lies .. if you have proof of what you say .. then show us all your proof .  and not a theory or opinon  column .. show me the actual news clips where you get your information.. you need proof saddam had wmds . but you say we should just accept your word .. you dont have to prove your accusations against america

Edited by dontlop

So much of history has been rewritten based on someone's opinion, and not based on fact at all.  Yet there are many who read their nonsense and believe it.  

SherryB, Please do tell... just when was it that we were "granted rights" to Iraqi's oil? When did we buy Iraq and when did it become our property?

i watched people like these clowns do the same thing to vietnam  soldiers when they returned from serving their country in the vietnam war  . john kerry led the way like he did against bush ..

these people telling the young soldiers when they get home that they were there because george bush lied to the world .. and these kids are already having nigtmares about the damn war . but heres these morons telling them they killed innocent people .. and george bush just made it all up to steal their oil ..

then they talk about the soldiers  killing themselves..  .. if these freaking jackasssses would shut ther damn mouths   and quit telling the enemys propaganda and lies ..  unless  they have proof of what they say .. these kids would be alot better off .. . just shake their hands and tell them thank you for their service  and quit  telling them what they did was wrong ..they did nothing wrong .. but you freaking liberal traitorous  cowards hiding behind your computers wont do that .. your determined to drive it into those young soldiers minds that they killed   people for nothing ..all based on lies .. shut your pie hole or bring fourth the evidence .. and stick your theorys and opinions where the sun dont shine .

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 3

no one is saying any war is rightous . just calling out the lies .. if you have proof of what you say .. then show us all your proof .  and not a theory or opinon  column .. show me the actual news clips where you get your information.. you need proof saddam had wmds . but you say we should just accept your word .. you dont have to prove your accusations against america

Dontlop the proof has been posted here over and over again... I am not going to waste my time spoonfeeding you when you will just spit it back out.

Sorry you missed it or perhaps you just were not willing to look at the proof provided. The latter would be my guess...

• Downvote 1

i watched people like these clowns do the same thing to vietnam  soldiers when they returned from serving their country in the vietnam war  . john kerry led the way like he did against bush ..

these people telling the young soldiers when they get home that they were there because george bush lied to the world .. and these kids are already having nigtmares about the damn war . but heres these morons telling them they killed innocent people .. and george bush just made it all up to steal their oil ..

then they talk about the soldiers  killing themselves..  .. if these freaking jackasssses would shut ther damn mouths   and quit telling the enemys propaganda and lies ..  unless  they have proof of what they say .. these kids would be alot better off .. . just shake their hands and tell them thank you for their service  and quit  telling them what they did was wrong ..they did nothing wrong .. but you freaking liberal traitorous  cowards hiding behind your computers wont do that .. your determined to drive it into those young soldiers minds that they killed   people for nothing ..all based on lies .. shut your pie hole or bring fourth the evidence .. and stick your theorys and opinions where the sun dont shine .

Now You Are Totally Out Of Line Dontlop!

You Think These Kids That Were THERE Don't Have Eyes Of Their Own To See For Themselves?

Give Those Kids Some Credit To Be Able To THINK and DECIDE For Themselves After What They Have Been Through.

You Shut Your "PIEHOLE" Dontlop... Your Ignorance Is Showing You To Be A Complete Fool.

You Really Should Show More Concern About Our Kids And What YOU Think Is Ok To Subject Them To.

• Downvote 1

Now You Are Totally Out Of Line Dontlop!

You Think These Kids That Were THERE Don't Have Eyes Of Their Own To See For Themselves?

Give Those Kids Some Credit To Be Able To THINK and DECIDE For Themselves After What They Have Been Through.

You Shut Your "PIEHOLE" Dontlop... Your Ignorance Is Showing You To Be A Complete Fool.

You Really Should Show More Concern About Our Kids And What YOU Think Is Ok To Subject Them To.

must of hit a nerve ...

must be tough .. not being able to post one piece of evidence that doesnt come from someones opinion . it must be easier to type for days a bunch of bull crap than to post a link ..

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1

OK, I killed people for NOTHING. I figured it out on my OWN. NO amount of back-slapping, "atta boy", "served your country" BULL will change that. What do you think, we're stupid? You think that the majority of those who deployed in harms way didnt know something was WRONG? What I do now is teach others about the insanity of war. My son already knows "soldiers bad. police bad" Why? because NOTHING good came from my "service" to my country. At least not to me. You ever been so tired, you fall asleep on your feet? Ever put a person in your sites making sure the front post is square in the back, trying to control your breath, trying hard to maintain trigger control, trying to JUSTIFY what you are about to do? You never forget it. Never. You are scarred from the get-go, not from someone telling me I'm f-ed up. The second the round goes down range, you're f-ed up. Go fight and understand what I mean. Good luck to you.

• Upvote 2

Thaiexpat

you did your job .. i feel  sorry for all the troops who ever went to war .. it must be a good felling there are people who are trying to end the war if your one of the ones  in that war ... the iraq war was a long time coming .. it wasnt something that bush  did  or said that made things happen the way they did .. but it happened ..lots of things led up to the war even before bush took office ..  . i wish the liberals would of went about trying to end the war   without  blaming one individual . .. there was many people involved in  gathering what little intelligence they had . im sure they looked at all the bad things .. and disreguarded all the ones that would  suppport the rasons not to invade when the police are investigating a criminal  .. they ask for his rap sheet ..  not how many things the criminal did right .. ,,, i heard so many bad things about iraq during bushs term in office  i did everything i could to defend americas reputation from those who sought to destroy americas reputation .. i was sick of it and still to this day imsick of it . america liberated iraq ,,, they didnt occupy iraq ... once they  took out saddams govt and took out their military . they were stuck there till it was replaced .. its part of the geneva convention .. . once they didnt find the stock piles of wmmds . that part of the mission  to search for them was called off .. but they couldnt just leave iraq .. with no security no government .. they would of loved to pull out the trops and come home .. but they were obligated to stay  by the geneva convention... to provide  security  for the people of iraq . then the insurgency was  taking place and things got bad .. it wasnt what they were prepared for.. i  cant forget when colon powel said before the war .. if you break it .. you own it .. he knew the obligations of the geneva convention ...we are a signatory of that geneva convention .. another thing we werent prepared for was the amount ogf infrastructure dammage that iraq had ... not because of the war and bombings . but because of neglect for  20 years by saddam ...this is one of the reasons we had to stay for so long .. it took years to lay down the telephone poles . the electrical grid  . build power plants . fix the water   build hospitols schools ... theres so many reasons why things happened during the course of those years . the contractors couldnt work in normal conditions . there were insurgents .. . i didnt have it bad in spiecher .. i was on a base the whole time .  , but the guys who went out every day  with their security  in  their vests in 135 degres ,  and the orange dusty  atmosphere .. couldnt  just work .. like they would at home . .. things took along time .. but no body did anything wrong .. no one .. it was nasty at times ...but we pulled it off .. iraq got a new govt .. with  elections . they got a constitution . you helped free  25 milion people from a dictator ..im proud of all the soldiers and contractors .. and america . i wil continue to stand up to those who say things that are not good for americas reputation . i will thank you for your honorable service  to our country . even though you may not think it helps .. im sure theres alot of sour feelings  about iraq .  theres alot more to it than george bush lied to get us into a war .. i dont buy that at all .  ive spent thousands of hours reasearching   the iraqi liberation .. theres no way ill let any one back me down from the truth ... i know im hard headed with some of these guys . but i didnt come into this  bashing people , but i was bashed by peope who came inrto this conversation from the moment they got involved . so at the end of this i bashed back a couple of them ..they deserved it .... i know they are just un informed on a few of the issues i was presenting for discussion .  so i tried to give them more ... then the more i gave them the more they bashed me .. not the conversation . they attacked me personally .  so i guess thats what they wanted .. to have a bashing contest . i  let them have what they wanted .. to turn this into  a mess of a topic ... when they say my facts are incorrect .. i ask  what  facts are incorrect . they  dont answer . i dont know who these people are they could be  anyone , from anywhere .. i wont let any one push me around  with out a fight .. i guess its my nature ..but 4 of them atacked  with nothing to back up their accusations . i just simply posted things .. i was just the messenger .. they attacked the messenger .. 

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 3

Hey DontLop, I am sorry I wrote that post to you. I would have apologized sooner, but we have crappy internet here. I didnt mean to lay anything on you or anyone else. I get worked-up sometimes, but I can respect you and ALL OTHER FOLKS opinions. I think the problem is many people dont respect anothers opinions-this leads to conflict and worst.

So, again, I appreciate your take on things. Everyone is different. I pray and hope NO ONE will experience the things that go on. I never want to see my son in a uniform or hurting anther person. Live is a gift and when its gone, its gone.

And again, I am sorry.

• Upvote 2

LOP will never learn.  It is his way or the highway.  I guess if we keep replying to him maybe he will stop but of course he brings up the same stuff never been to the middle east and just spends his time scouring the internet looking for anything that supports his case.  I am not going to do that, i know what i saw and i know i know.  Keep it up lop before you know it we will have about 100 pages of you trying to convince people of your opinion.

• Upvote 1

I personally did not fight, but I have many family members who have, that I was very close to, and that started with WWI, continued the next generation in WWII, then Viet Nam, and Iraq.  They volunteered and never did I hear any of them speak badly of the US and it's military.  I am proud of my lineage also.  I know a lot of history, first hand, I am no spring chicken myself, and I know many things I read and hear now is just not true.  So if some of you want to believe lies, then do so, it just shows your weakness. 

• Upvote 2

LOP will never learn.  It is his way or the highway.  I guess if we keep replying to him maybe he will stop but of course he brings up the same stuff never been to the middle east and just spends his time scouring the internet looking for anything that supports his case.  I am not going to do that, i know what i saw and i know i know.  Keep it up lop before you know it we will have about 100 pages of you trying to convince people of your opinion.

ya .. ok .. this subject  about me ... and your out of lies .. .. time for you .... to own up to your .. inequities

I personally did not fight, but I have many family members who have, that I was very close to, and that started with WWI, continued the next generation in WWII, then Viet Nam, and Iraq.  They volunteered and never did I hear any of them speak badly of the US and it's military.  I am proud of my lineage also.  I know a lot of history, first hand, I am no spring chicken myself, and I know many things I read and hear now is just not true.  So if some of you want to believe lies, then do so, it just shows your weakness. 

everyone in our country can not  be soldiers .. we could never afford to have 300 million veterans ..and those in the rear with the gear are not to be shunned .. or ordered around by a few who place themselves above those who support our country .. the vast majority of soldiers would never  place themselves on a higher pedestal  . they always  thank the civilians  who are in the rear support  and call them sir and mamm they have great respect for our country and its govt and citizens .. the  patriots do not have to place themselves . on any pedastal .. , i went into a war zone to support   the military.. and while i was there  i never saw such respect as i did from our soldiers  .. they constantly thanked me  for my service .. i could not understand  why they would do that .. i kept saying  what are you talking about .. its you who im here to  help . for your service ..  and i thank you .... it was very touching  .. i wanted to write a book  called ..those who called me sir ..... they explained to me how everyone of us working together  makes these things happen .. they know they didnt swim over there  and use their hands .. .. they know the engineers and machinists ,,, and the truck drivers  .. the cooks .. the mechanics ,, those who offered moral support  all the way through the entire chain  every one working for the cause who support the mission .... through every single tax payer  makes this country so great .. with out the roads  the gas stations .. the resturants the waitress .. doctors ..   and teachers .. the laborors .. .. without   every one  they would not be able to  serve anything .. and with out anything to serve ... their is no honor ..no dignity

to be a part of a free society is what its all about.. to be ruled over by a dictator ,, you have no dignity ... and no honor .. we just have to be aware of those who infiltrate and try to dishonor our govt .. to take away the dignity  of  the people ... its not hard to distinguish those who are patriots and those who are not . you are a patriot .. you are just as important as the next person ..i may of not thought i deserved  any respect  but they did .. with every meal that was prepared ...served .. delivered .... .. i knew i didnt provide that for myself ..  and  the cooks knew with out any food to prepare ..they couldnt do there job ..  its the farmers ..  the  seeds from the earth ..the god that provides  the rain .. the breath of life ....   that makes the world go around .... we are a team .. i know that you know .. those who lay down their lives .. in battle .. are someone special ... and its hard to under stand .... but they see those who served them as those with the honor .. how does a young person  have  the  ability to  give his life  like they do ..its because they love their country ,, their family .. their friends ..  and their freedom ..  its our job to make sure that we continue the way of life  that they gave their lives for . and not let anyone violate our constition .. or try to change our country ..we dont need anyone to fundamentally change america . its our way of life and we try to spread  our way of life to those  who are less fortunate .. so we liberate them..  we dont occupy ..... its our way of giving back

only a fool  says  nasty things about america

• Upvote 1

:shrug::o:blink::(  Well this thread went a little crazy. 

Bottom line to "Hagel: US can't dictate to the World"  No one should dictate over anyone.

Your Right Patty, Thank You for bringing us back on topic.

Dontlop I'm sorry I let you get to me. I care deeply about our kids and in my passion to protect them it got the better of me.

You have been asking for a link with proof, so here is one of the best that I can provide for you.

Uncovered: The Whole Truth About The Iraq War

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yowqX2ngHl4&feature=player_embedded

This is testimony from high ranking government and military officials telling what they observed and experienced leading up to the war in Iraq.

I don't believe these people had any reason to lie. You can judge for yourself if you choose to take the time to view it.

maggie no problem sometimes people got to fight out to find  compromise ... all im getting at is .. ya cant blame it all on bush ..

was he  the one that was lied to .. im not sure if they were lies or they  all just had bad intelligence .. ill stick to the latter of the two

but i saw nothing bush said that was him lying ..

..hes not the one gathering intelligence  the intell that was given to him.. he  wasnt the one who wrote those intell reports ..  a president only has  what hes presented

these things bush said were twisted around  so bad >>> (by people like  move on dot org .. the organization that was formed because they believe george bush stole the election off gore )

>>> Yet Saddam Hussein has chosen to build and keep these weapons, despite international sanctions, U.N. demands, and isolation from the civilized world. Iraq possesses ballistic missiles with a likely range of hundreds of miles -- far enough to strike Saudi Arabia, Israel, Turkey, and other nations -- in a region where more than 135,000 American civilians and service members live and work.

We've also discovered through intelligence that Iraq has a growing fleet of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles that could be used to disperse chemical and biological weapons across broad areas. We are concerned that Iraq is exploring ways of using UAVs for missions targeting the United States.

And, of course, sophisticated delivery systems are not required for a chemical or biological attack -- all that might be required are a small container and one terrorist or Iraqi intelligence operative to deliver it.

And that is the source of our urgent concern about Saddam Hussein's links to international terrorist groups.

Over the years, Iraq has provided safe haven to terrorists such as Abu Nidal, whose terror organization carried out more than ninety terrorist attacks in twenty countries that killed or injured nearly 900 people, including 12 Americans.

Iraq has also provided safe haven to Abu Abbas, who was responsible for seizing the Achille Lauro and killing an American passenger. And we know that Iraq is continuing to finance terror, and gives assistance to groups that use terrorism to undermine Middle East peace.

We know that Iraq and the al Qaeda terrorist network share a common enemy -- the United States of America. We know that Iraq and al Qaeda have had high-level contacts that go back a decade. Some al Qaeda leaders who fled Afghanistan went to Iraq.

These include one very senior al Qaeda leader who received medical treatment in Baghdad this year, and who has been associated with planning for chemical and biological attacks. We have learned that Iraq has trained al Qaeda members in bomb making, poisons, and deadly gases.

And we know that after September 11, Saddam Hussein's regime gleefully celebrated the terrorist attacks on America. Iraq could decide on any given day to provide a biological or chemical weapon to a terrorist group or individual terrorists.

Alliances with terrorists could allow the Iraqi regime to attack America without leaving any fingerprints

Some have argued that confronting the threat from Iraq could detract from the war against terror. To the contrary, confronting the threat posed by Iraq is crucial to winning the war on terror.

When I spoke to the Congress more than a year ago, I said that those who harbor terrorists are as guilty as the terrorists themselves. Saddam Hussein is harboring terrorists and the instruments of terror, the instruments of mass death and destruction. And he cannot be trusted. The risk is simply too great that he will use them, or provide them to a terror network.

Terror cells, and outlaw regimes building weapons of mass destruction, are different faces of the same evil. Our security requires that we confront both. And the United States military is capable of confronting both.

Many people have asked how close Saddam Hussein is to developing a nuclear weapon. We don't know exactly, and that is the problem. Before the Gulf War, the best intelligence indicated that Iraq was eight to 10 years away from developing a nuclear weapon; after the war, international inspectors learned that the regime had been much closer. The regime in Iraq would likely have possessed a nuclear weapon no later than 1993.

Before being barred from Iraq in 1998, the International Atomic Energy Agency dismantled extensive nuclear weapons-related facilities, including three uranium-enrichment sites.

That same year, information from a high-ranking Iraqi nuclear engineer who had defected, revealed that despite his public promises, Saddam Hussein had ordered his nuclear program to continue. The evidence indicates that Iraq is reconstituting its nuclear weapons program.

If the Iraqi regime is able to produce, buy, or steal an amount of highly-enriched uranium a little larger than a single softball, it could have a nuclear weapon in less than a year.

And if we allow that to happen, a terrible line would be crossed. Saddam Hussein would be in a position to blackmail anyone who opposes his aggression. He would be in a position to dominate the Middle East. He would be in a position to threaten America. And Saddam Hussein would be in a position to pass nuclear technology to terrorists.

Some citizens wonder: After 11 years of living with this problem, why do we need to confront it now?

There is a reason. We have experienced the horror of September 11. We have seen that those who hate America are willing to crash airplanes into buildings full of innocent people. Our enemies would be no less willing -- in fact they would be eager -- to use a biological, or chemical, or a nuclear weapon.

Knowing these realities, America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof -- the smoking gun -- that could ( not would ) come in the form of a mushroom cloud.

but all the liberals said ..>> bush said there was going to be a mushroom cloud .. how long did that go on .. you can  still hear it today ..from those who are uninformed

The U.N. inspections program was met with systematic deception. The Iraqi regime bugged hotel rooms and offices of inspectors to find where they were going next. They forged documents, destroyed evidence, and developed mobile weapons facilities to keep a step ahead of inspectors.

Eight so-called presidential palaces were declared off-limits to unfettered inspections. These sites actually encompass 12 square miles, with hundreds of structures, both above and below the ground, where sensitive materials could be hidden.

After 11 years during which we have tried containment, sanctions, inspections, even selected military action, the end result is that Saddam Hussein still has chemical and biological weapons, and is increasing his capabilities to make more. And he is moving ever closer to developing a nuclear weapon.

The time for denying, deceiving, and delaying has come to an end. Saddam Hussein must disarm himself -- or, for the sake of peace, we will lead a coalition to disarm him.

Many nations are joining us in insisting that Saddam Hussein's regime be held accountable. They are committed to defending the international security that protects the lives of both our citizens and theirs.

And that is why America is challenging all nations to take the resolutions of the U.N. Security Council seriously. Those resolutions are very clear. In addition to declaring and destroying all of its weapons of mass destruction, Iraq must end its support for terrorism. It must cease the persecution of its civilian population. It must stop all illicit trade outside the oil-for-food program. And it must release or account for all Gulf War personnel, including an American pilot, whose fate is still unknown.

By taking these steps, and only by taking these steps, the Iraqi regime has an opportunity to avoid conflict. These steps would also change the nature of the Iraqi regime itself. America hopes the regime will make that choice.

Unfortunately, at least so far, we have little reason to expect it. This is why two administrations -- mine and President Clinton's -- have stated that regime change in Iraq is the only certain means of removing a great danger to our nation.

Failure to act would embolden other tyrants; allow terrorists access to new weapons and new resources; and make blackmail a permanent feature of world events.

The United Nations would betray the purpose of its founding, and prove irrelevant to the problems of our time. And through its inaction, the United States would resign itself to a future of fear.

That is not the America I know. That is not the America I serve. We refuse to live in fear. This nation -- in world war and in Cold War -- has never permitted the brutal and lawless to set history's course.

Edited by dontlop

.Instruction documents on an artillery weapon known as the “Super Gun” were found in AL QAEDA camps when they were captured by U.S. forces in the winter of 2001-2002. IRAQ is the only state known to have purchased and assembled the super gun, a weapon so large it must be constructed in segments. It has a range of several hundred miles.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/840890/posts

“I am absolutely convinced that there are weapons…I saw evidence back in 1998 when we would see the inspectors being barred from gaining entry into a warehouse for three hours with trucks rolling up and then moving those trucks out.” — Clinton’s Secretary of Defense William Cohen in April of 2003

The answer depends on how broad and pervasive you like your conspiracies to be. Because if Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair are lying, they're not alone. They're part of a vast conspiratorial network of liars that includes U.N. weapons inspectors and reputable arms control experts both inside and outside government, both Republicans and Democrats.

Maybe former CIA director John Deutch was lying when he testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Sept. 19, 1996, that "we believe that [Hussein] retains an undetermined quantity of chemical and biological agents that he would certainly have the ability to deliver against adversaries by aircraft or artillery or by Scud missile systems."

Maybe former defense secretary William Cohen was lying in April when he said, "I am absolutely convinced that there are weapons. . . . I saw evidence back in 1998 when we would see the inspectors being barred from gaining entry into a warehouse for three hours with trucks rolling up and then moving those trucks out."

Maybe the German intelligence service was lying when it reported in 2001 that Hussein might be three years away from being able to build three nuclear weapons and that by 2005 Iraq would have a missile with sufficient range to reach Europe.

Maybe French President Jacques Chirac was lying when he declared in February that there were probably weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and that "we have to find and destroy them."

Maybe Al Gore was lying when he declared last September, based on what he learned as vice president, that Hussein had "stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

Finally, there's former president Bill Clinton. In a February 1998 speech, Clinton described Iraq's "offensive biological warfare capability, notably 5,000 gallons of botulinum, which causes botulism; 2,000 gallons of anthrax; 25 biological-filled Scud warheads; and 157 aerial bombs." Clinton accurately reported the view of U.N. weapons inspectors "that Iraq still has stockpiles of chemical and biological munitions, a small force of Scud-type missiles, and the capacity to restart quickly its production program and build many, many more weapons." That was as unequivocal and unqualified a statement as any made by George W. Bush.

Clinton went on to insist, in words now poignant, that the world had to address the "kind of threat Iraq poses . . . a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists . . . who travel the world among us unnoticed." I think Bush said that, too.

So if you like a good conspiracy, this one's a doozy. And the best thing about it is that if all these people are lying, there's only one person who ever told the truth: Saddam Hussein.

Oil wasn't the reason, as we have our own oil here which is a whole other story, they wanted Gold as payment for the oil and not  Dollars, that will always get us into Military conflict . If you were in control of Iraq, or any country, would you not want Gold, Silver, Copper and or Certificates backed by these metals, as payment for oil or any items for that matter ?. Example ; Hi SherryB thx for the opportunity to do business with U, Here's the oil we agreed upon, do you have the payment ?. Yes Joe here are some I O U aka (US Dollar) right here ?. Sorry SherryB I need Gold, Silver and/or Copper coins SherryB,  value for value (The way the/our forefathers of the/for the Republic (The Real Constitution) of this country meant it to be) . I don't have any Gold, Silver, and/or Copper to make the payment Joe. Okay SherryB do you have and Gold or Silver Certificates ?. No Joe i'm sorry, I don't. I'm sorry SherryB but I can not honor this, what you are asking me to do is exchange Value (oil) for a No Value, I O U ( US Dollar) and i'm sorry i can not do that. So then you get mad and say we need to go in there and start a ruckus to bring them back into the fold and show them who the boss is. JOE- You have WMD  and if you don't get rid of them i'm going to send my armies there to force you out. SherryB Maybe I do and Maybe I don't, But  N.Korea is running Nuclear test and making public threats and don't you have your Soldiers protecting the parallel line for the South Koreans, why don't you go bomb them. I mean this is just an on going thing with these Super Powers (USA, USSR, CHINA, FRANCE, UK) it's a sick joke. President O sheds tears for the tragic shootings of innocents here, who's crying for the Innocents who were bombed in Libya ?.....Time/ LAW (YAH) is coming for ALL these evil folks who do this. Don't get me wrong, I have no beef with you or Dontlop or anyone on here for that matter, I know you 2 and all/most others on this site love our country, I can see the passions in our debates, I just try to get people to shed their political ties (Right-Left whatever wing) and examine what's really happening here. Simply put the question comes down to do you want a Republic (Based on Common Law) or what we have now, currently a Democracy (Communism) . That's the choice. Hope this helps. Thanks and with Respect.  :)

• Upvote 1

I don't like the direction our country is heading either, but I don't think it is due to our past involvement in other countries business, as some put it.  Too many have lowered their standards, turned their heads and choose to ignore the fact that acceptance is not always best.