Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why I believe it will RV @ $1 to $1

great analysis.. it makes sense to come in at 1 dollar per dinars  based on your reasons ... it wouldnt change anything since they are use using the dollar value already .. , i didnt think of it like that ,, but now i do ,, :twothumbs:

• Upvote 5

I would very much like to see this happen this way and it just may. However, I see one large problem myself and this is with the currency outside of Iraq, mainly the U.S. How will the U.S. Treasury pay off the dollars to those of us that want to cash in, in the first few weeks. Let's say I have 5 million IQD that have been sitting in my safe since 2005 and now I  have 3 million dollars in U S currency, this is of course after the spread and taxes, for those that just want to be out this long ride.

Conventional wisdom tells me that when I go to my bank  to cash in, that the bank will create an account with digital funds to pay me off. It is just not possible to pay out billions of dollars to those that may want a bag full of cash. This leaves the Feds to create electronic funds to pay everyone with. Also, the unkown factor is just how many U S citizens are holding IQD?  I would like to know if it is legal for the Treasury to say poof and there will suddenly be billions of dollars more in dollars in electronic form? Also, what does all that invisible money do to the value of the hard U.S. currency that is in circulation out there. I can see a period of high inflation rearing its ugly head in the U.S.

I gave you a plus for your thoughtful insight.

• Upvote 5

After reading all these articles over the years and having to decipher and read between the lines, this made my head hurt.Kind of like going to college only to find you never got off the short bus. Other than that, once my thought process reverted to reading plain English I have to admit, this has a good ring to it and is food for thought. :confused2:

• Upvote 4

I would very much like to see this happen this way and it just may. However, I see one large problem myself and this is with the currency outside of Iraq, mainly the U.S. How will the U.S. Treasury pay off the dollars to those of us that want to cash in, in the first few weeks. Let's say I have 5 million IQD that have been sitting in my safe since 2005 and now I  have 3 million dollars in U S currency, this is of course after the spread and taxes, for those that just want to be out this long ride.

Conventional wisdom tells me that when I go to my bank  to cash in, that the bank will create an account with digital funds to pay me off. It is just not possible to pay out billions of dollars to those that may want a bag full of cash. This leaves the Feds to create electronic funds to pay everyone with. Also, the unkown factor is just how many U S citizens are holding IQD?  I would like to know if it is legal for the Treasury to say poof and there will suddenly be billions of dollars more in dollars in electronic form? Also, what does all that invisible money do to the value of the hard U.S. currency that is in circulation out there. I can see a period of high inflation rearing its ugly head in the U.S.

i would say it would be legal especially since the new dollars  would be backed by the dinars when they go to the reserves . so they wouldnt be printed out of nothing... the foriegn reserves would grow the same amount as  the  new dollars  they print....

• Upvote 2

"My contacts there have told me that

there isn't a dinar to be found."

I talk with a friend in Baghdad at least once every 8 weeks or so. He's telling me quite the opposite. I also communicate with a couple of Iraqi's on Facebook...they say dinar are plentiful. Comedians Steve and Ray have been telling us for years that the people are hoarding dinar in anticipation of an RV...that is not true.  

With their massive 35 trillion dinar(outside banks), and that staggering 72 Trillion M2... The only way the dinar will ever be 1 to 1 with the Dollar would after a move to 1000 to 1 than an RD. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This was an awesome explanation of how the RV should work or hopefully work but we are still dealing with Iraq, anything can change. If they want to move ahead and allow the country to prosper and benefit from the renewed currency and return to former days of stability, they will have to boost their economy with a dignified value with a substantial RV/RI or the people will revolt more than they have in protest of current situations. GO RV  >>>>>>>  GO UP

• Upvote 3

I don't see it.  Even if it did RV 1 to 1 in Iraq, which would have no effect on the buying power of the citizens there, what would compel any financial institution or exchange to take in 1 Dinar for 1 US Dollar.  Just because the CBI says so?  I could be naive but this is the thing that has always baffled me about this whole frenzy.  How does a country just come out and make a bold proclamation that their currency is now worth a thousand times more than it was yesterday and is on par with the currency of the largest, most powerful, economic nation in the world?  Is it just to make Dinarians rich?  

Just doesn't make sense.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

"My contacts there have told me that

there isn't a dinar to be found."

I talk with a friend in Baghdad at least once every 8 weeks or so. He's telling me quite the opposite. I also communicate with a couple of Iraqi's on Facebook...they say dinar are plentiful. Comedians Steve and Ray have been telling us for years that the people are hoarding dinar in anticipation of an RV...that is not true.  

With their massive 35 trillion dinar(outside banks), and that staggering 72 Trillion M2... The only way the dinar will ever be 1 to 1 with the Dollar would after a move to 1000 to 1 than an RD. 

Its true how the only ones claiming there are no dinars on the streets are the gurus.....but yet if you actually talk to people who are over there or who have served over there recently, they tell a completely different story. People dont believe the gurus on the RV everyday knowing its nonsense, but they will believe the gurus when they say there are no more dinar on the streets.....funny.....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

In a word, QE1,2,and 3

And yes you can bet that the dollar will loose it value on this.

I don't see it.  Even if it did RV 1 to 1 in Iraq, which would have no effect on the buying power of the citizens there, what would compel any financial institution or exchange to take in 1 Dinar for 1 US Dollar.  Just because the CBI says so?  I could be naive but this is the thing that has always baffled me about this whole frenzy.  How does a country just come out and make a bold proclamation that their currency is now worth a thousand times more than it was yesterday and is on par with the currency of the largest, most powerful, economic nation in the world?  Is it just to make Dinarians rich?  

Just doesn't make sense.  

Probably the same way we went into Iraq and made there currency a thousand time 

worth less than it was the day before.  ;)

• Upvote 5

In a word, QE1,2,and 3

worth less than it was the day before.

Iraq did that on their own by massive overprinting of their currency. ;) 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

the cia dropped  bails of  counterfit money on iraq during the 90s .. operation laundry . to increase the volume of sadam dinars .and to devalue it .

if the amount of dinars  is put into the foriegn reserves as they print up  to replace them .. the us would be forced to keep those dinars in their reserves or yes it could reduce the value of the dolars

right now our govt is printing 85 billion a month  with nothing to back it up ..1 trillion 20  billion a year printed up .....the dinar would be a blessing to our treasury if it is tradable and backed by the iraqi govt.

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 2

In a word, QE1,2,and 3

It didnt happen in one day bud......the dinar lost its value over a span of over 10 years.....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Iraq did that on their own by massive overprinting of their currency. ;) 

Not exactly sure what your referring to. While it wasn't internationally recognized 

under Saddam it was worth $3.22. That is what any Iraqi who had money could buy

with one dinar. Then one day we come in and the next day that currency is suddenly

worthless. And please don't try and say that was a different currency. How  do you

think we can create the NIQD and give it any value at all?  I think at the first the NIQD ,

which is what we all now hold, was GIVEN the value of 4000 to one. Hows that work? You

take a piece of paper put some pretty colors on it and give it any kind of value? And before 

Saddam the IQD held a much much higher value, that has been proven several times over

here. What I am saying is simply that, IMO, what gives any countries currency value is

partially based on the worth of that country. And again, IMO, they intend to base the value

of the NIQD completely on the resources of the country.    

It didnt happen in one day bud......the dinar lost its value over a span of over 10 years.....

Sorry my friend but I have to disagree with you on this one. I don't remember 

the exact value before Saddam, something like $2, But as I stated in the last 

post, under Saddam it was $3.22.  

• Upvote 1

In a word, QE1,2,and 3

This is the problem right here...Iraqs currency DID NOT DEVALUE OVERNIGHT. the dinar was in the crapper WAY before we invaded Iraq due to saddams over printing and spending of reserves. The whole notation of it devaluing due to the invasion is a FORUM FACT.

Not exactly sure what your referring to. While it wasn't internationally recognized 

under Saddam it was worth $3.22. That is what any Iraqi who had money could buy

with one dinar. Then one day we come in and the next day that currency is suddenly

worthless. And please don't try and say that was a different currency. How  do you

think we can create the NIQD and give it any value at all?  I think at the first the NIQD ,

which is what we all now hold, was GIVEN the value of 4000 to one. Hows that work? You

take a piece of paper put some pretty colors on it and give it any kind of value? And before 

Saddam the IQD held a much much higher value, that has been proven several times over

here. What I am saying is simply that, IMO, what gives any countries currency value is

partially based on the worth of that country. And again, IMO, they intend to base the value

of the NIQD completely on the resources of the country.    

Sorry my friend but I have to disagree with you on this one. I don't remember 

the exact value before Saddam, something like $2, But as I stated in the last 

post, under Saddam it was $3.22.  

Completely wrong

• Upvote 3

this link shows every countrys exchange rates ...by the quarter .. going back to the 80s .. its a united nations exchange rate.... just put in the country you want and it lists every years exchange rate.. right up to feb 2013 ..

http://www.unjspf.org/UNJSPF_Web/page.jsp?page=FullExchangeRts

• Upvote 2