Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prayer Request

Markinsa

So please, pray for my father's salvation and pray for me to have peace about this whole situation.

God Bless You All.

Mark

My prayers are with you and your Dad. I know how tough it is to worry about another's salvation. None of us knows what is between them and God, but our prayers are that they are saved. My prayer for you is that you will have peace of heart about it. 

God Bless,

Debbie

• Upvote 1

Mark,

My heart is heavy for you my friend!

I am praying for you and your father!  I lost my father when I was 22 and he was only 49 and a very good man.  I pray that even though I never saw my father pray that he had a good relationship with God in his mind and in his heart! I hope that your father also has God in his mind and in his heart!!

• Upvote 1

Mark if he is NOT a believer have him ask Jesus if you are real please come into my heart and show me your love.  He will come because he died for your father and all of us because we are sinners and Jesus wants to save souls where they can be with him in heaven.  Death is scary because it is the unknown but if you know God he will NOT turn anyone  away that truly wants to get to know him.  I pray for your fathers salvation Mark and know we are here for you.

• Upvote 1

I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond to all of the wonderful prayers for my father and me.  Yesterday afternoon as I was sitting by his bedside holding his hand, I attempted to post a messge letting you all know where I was at and his condition, but I could not stay signed into DinarVets long enough on my BlackBerry to post the message and I had lost what I typed.

My father past away last night at 10:50 PM.  My sister was at his side, and I had left about 7:30 because I had my dog in my truck all day and wanted to take her to my brother's house.  I did not receive the call until 12:30 AM this morning when I woke up and noticed that my sister had called me. 

Before he passed, I was able to pray for him while he was stil semi conscious, and he was able to understand us by shaking his head.  I prayed several prayers over him and sometimes he appeared that he was argruing or talking with someone because he would shake his head back and forth, and I would simply tell him to call out to Jesus. 

Fortunately, we got the nurses to remove the breathing tube that was making him so uncomfortable and they removed all of the medications from him, but they did give him a mild sedative to help him rest, and they also disabled his pace maker.  When I left his BP, Heart Rate and Respirator Rate was all normal, though he would occasionally stop breathing for a few seconds then resume.  I think sometime late last night he just didn't resume breathing...

He is in the Lord's hands now, and however he will be judged I am at peace, knowing that the Lord heard my prayers.  I feel like David when his first child with Betsheba died.  I'm up, washed my face, and now I'm eating.

Thank you again for your prayers, God bless you all!

Mark

-

• Upvote 3

I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond to all of the wonderful prayers for my father and me.  Yesterday afternoon as I was sitting by his bedside holding his hand, I attempted to post a messge letting you all know where I was at and his condition, but I could not stay signed into DinarVets long enough on my BlackBerry to post the message and I had lost what I typed.

My father past away last night at 10:50 PM.  My sister was at his side, and I had left about 7:30 because I had my dog in my truck all day and wanted to take her to my brother's house.  I did not receive the call until 12:30 AM this morning when I woke up and noticed that my sister had called me. 

Before he passed, I was able to pray for him while he was stil semi conscious, and he was able to understand us by shaking his head.  I prayed several prayers over him and sometimes he appeared that he was argruing or talking with someone because he would shake his head back and forth, and I would simply tell him to call out to Jesus. 

Fortunately, we got the nurses to remove the breathing tube that was making him so uncomfortable and they removed all of the medications from him, but they did give him a mild sedative to help him rest, and they also disabled his pace maker.  When I left his BP, Heart Rate and Respirator Rate was all normal, though he would occasionally stop breathing for a few seconds then resume.  I think sometime late last night he just didn't resume breathing...

He is in the Lord's hands now, and however he will be judged I am at peace, knowing that the Lord heard my prayers.  I feel like David when his first child with Betsheba died.  I'm up, washed my face, and now I'm eating.

Thank you again for your prayers, God bless you all!

Mark

-

I'm so sorry for your loss. I am glad you have a peace about it. I will continue praying for you Mark.  :hug: 

:hug:

• Upvote 2

I'm sorry for your loss Mark but I am glad for your peace.. we all went to the Lord on your dad's behalf so everything that could be done was done.. he is in His hands now which is comforting in and of itself.. much love to your family Mark.

• Upvote 3

He may have already made peace with the Lord before he went under sedation. Sometimes when things happen to a person and that person realizes something is wrong (physically/mentally), in that moment he/she may reach for Him.  Prayers going up.

• Upvote 4

Mark, each of God's children has his/her own special relationship with the Father. Sometimes it's one of complaint and denial, but we don't deny that which really doesn't exist in our hearts. What need is there to deny something we don't believe anyway?  Your dad had his own relationship with God, one that was very different than yours, but a real one, nevertheless. 

When I was raising my four little ones, two sons and two daughters, my youngest son was always the last one in at night. Sometimes his father or I had to go get him and make him come inside, but he stayed out until he had no choice but to come indoors. But you know what? His father and I never loved him less because he wanted to wait until the last minute to come into the warmth and safely of our home. We never loved him less because he was always the last one in the door at night.  And we never doubted that, at some point, he would come home. God is like that with those of His children who are like your dad. God knows these of his children love Him even through all their attempts to escape coming inside where there is safety.  Some humans are just like that with God. God knew his son, your dad, was simply staying outside as long as he could, but that at some point he would come inside to the warmth and safety of God's love.  Even if your dad's soul was speeding through time and space, there was still time for him to connect to his Father, God.  And you can bet, God knew this about His son, and he smiled lovingly at your dad as he entered Heaven, the last one in the door that night. 

Also remember, there was dancing and laughter and singing and sounds of happiness upon your dad's return, just as there was for the prodigal son.  All fathers, especially our Heavenly One, kills the fatted calf, calls for a huge celebration, and has the dancers and tambourines making loud music and noises of joy and happiness because of the returning child. You have no worries. This may not be how it has to be for you to return to God, but it was your father's way to get back to Him, and you can bet, God has your dad in his loving arms right now, even as we speak.

Be safe in God, my friend.

Blessings, Fran.

(Francie26)

• Upvote 3

Mark, somehow I missed this thread until tonight, after your Dad returned Home. I do feel comfort knowing that I pray for my DV family every night regardless... altho special requests are added as well.

My deepest condolences to you and your family for your loss. I pray that you will each find comfort and peace and the ability to accept Father's will in each of your lives as you face the coming days, weeks and months in a new phase of life.

Hugs 

KK

MADD for Heather

PS Wish we had a separate forum for prayer requests so they didn't get lost...

• Upvote 3

Mark- I'm sorry for your loss bro, but glad you got some time with your father... and praying now that your heavenly Father comfort you and carry you through this difficult time.  It's all in His hands now.... but one day we will have a grand reunion... and that will be the party to beat all parties!!!  Love from your DV family!!!  :wub: 

• Upvote 2