Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prayer Request

Markinsa

I've never been one that likes to draw attention to myself.  It has always made me uncomfortable, when I do it.  But now I find myself in a position where I need prayer, but more importantly, I need prayers for my father.

My father is 76 years old, and he has been in ICU since February 4th.  He lives in Rockport,TX which is about 30-45 miles from Corpus Christi where he's in the hospital.  Corpus Christi is about 180 miles from me, and when my brother called me to inform me that he was in the hospital, I traveld down to Corpus to be with him.  Unfortunately, by the time I arrived he was already on a ventilator and was sedated, so I wasn't able to talk to him and he wasn't able to reply.  A few days later I was with him when he opened his eyes, and I was able to tell him that he was in serious condition and that he needed to seriously make his peace with Jesus. 

On the following Sunday, my father's condition stabilized where an alarm wasn't going off every two minutes, his BP and Pluse were normaly and his kidneys which had quit working a few days before started working, so I felt comfortable returning home, and that my father was on his way to recovery.

The two days following my leaving, they attempted to remove my father from the respirator but his lungs weren't strong enough and they had to reinsert the breathing tube down his throat.  Now, he is having problems with fluid getting into his lungs, because his throat isn't working properly, and now the Doctors are concerned that he will develop pnuemonia and they want to insert a feeding tube.  I know my father and he would not want to be in this state for the rest of his life, and he definately wouldn't want to be in a permanent condition where someone else would have to constantly take care of him. 

Because of work and money issues, I am not able to return down to stay indefinately at my father's side.  My employer has told me to do what I have to do, but I just can't see myself sitting there waiting for him to die, and my mother told me (his ex), that he wouldn't want me to do that either, but I'm still torn up about it.

As a Christian, I am not a fearful person, except when it comes to the death of another person who I know may not be a Christian.  This is the situation I am in now.  I am not sure of my father's destination once he leaves this world for eternity.  My uncle told me once that my father when he was young answered an alter call.  That would normally make me feel good, but there has been no fruit from the tree, and my father has had an above normal pre-occupation with sex for the past 20 years.

So please, pray for my father's salvation and pray for me to have peace about this whole situation.

God Bless You All.

Mark

• Upvote 4

I'll pray with you for your father.  It is my firm belief that there is life after this and that we take with us the same spirit we have here. If you believe this there has to be further progression and continued growth.  I believe that we continue to learn and grow and except Christ until the resurrection.  There is always hope

• Upvote 4

Mark,

My heart goes out to you because I was in the same boat with you except my mom and dad were never saved but I am trusting God that my mother at the nick of time was saved.  When my father died, I was not saved either.  We never know what happens when people at the last leg of their lives, as the Lord said that He desires none to perish.  When my mother was in coma, and I was praying with my friends... I had a vision that the Lord came and extended His hands to my mother and she grabbed His hands then I saw her on a table and around her was white...I knew then she was gone.  After she was gone, I asked the Lord where my mother was.. He gave me a dream and let me see that my mother is in the garden. I knew then that she is in heaven.  Even though a person is in coma but their spirit can hear you.  

Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus, I lift up Mark's father to you and I ask that you give him a second chance to get saved and touch him Lord with your healing hands and by your stripes, he is healed.  You are Jehovah Rapha, the Lord who healeth him.  I ask Lord that you stablize his blood pressure and everything in his body that is not balanced or lined up with your Word that is spirit and life will be balanced and lined up with your Word.  I ask you will dry up the water in his lungs and that I rebuke every infection in his body in the name of Jesus.  I rebuke worry and anxiety in Mark in the name of Jesus and Father I ask you give Mark your peace that is beyond our understanding and cover him with your grace and I ask for more grace for him.  I ask Lord that you will make a way for him to visit his father and that you will supply all his needs in according to the riches and glory in Jesus Christ.  Lord, make a way for Mark and Holy Spirit I ask that you work things out for Mark and his situation and please help his father, in Jesus name, Amen.

Keep us posted okay...?

Blessings,

Me

• Upvote 4

Mark,

My father died 25 years ago.  For many years prior to his death I had judged him harshly for all of his sins.  I was convinced that his relationship with the lord wasn’t in order.  After several years of feeling guilty for having judged him as being a bad person and the effect it had on our relationship I realized that I wasn’t his judge.  He was the only father that I would ever have. 

Barabbas was literally the first person that the crucifixion of Christ saved.  Prior to the final breath of Christ he spoke, “forgive them father for they know not what they do”.  Trying to understand the forgiving spirit of Christ in that act of salvation for mankind makes me wonder if I or anyone else would ever be able to discern whom his blood might cover.

I pray that God’s Will, covers you and your father through this time of anguish and that you forgive him for all his faults.  I know that if you can forgive him and you are just a man then how much more will your Father in heaven forgive if you ask him.

Edited by jonjon
  • Upvote 5

Mark - Thanks for sharing with us.  I can feel your pain and concern for your dad in your words............your family here at DV will be praying for you and him and your family.  It's not over, he is relatively young and can experience a turnaround in his health quickly.  A feeding tube can be a literal life saver and can provide immediate relief and nourishment.  If nothing else it may give you some additional time to be with him to share the goodness of the Lord, to hold his hand and tell him of HIs saving grace, while allowing the Holy Spirit to do His work through you.  Make every effort to drive that 2.5 hours to the hospital no matter how tired you are...........let him know that you are there for him..........he is probably frightened and just needs to hear your voice and comforting encouragement.  Keep us posted on his progress as we pray for your strength and his healing.

• Upvote 2

I can't say much more than JonJon ....who eloquently reminds us all of the Loving forgiveness through salvation in Christ.... Though, I would add my prayer of gratitude for the Blessings and Mercy of Christ in your uncle sharing with you that your father answered an alter call when he was younger. There is no earthly judgment that can or will take the God given gift of salvation from another. Thank God.

Know that God keeps His word, and the Christ within your dad who entered his heart those many years ago, is now working with your dad to make his peace here on earth, before taking him home to our heavenly Father.

• Upvote 3

Mark,

You and your father and the rest of the family are now in my prayers.  Situations like this put us in a difficult place because of our limited knowledge of earthly things and understanding of eteral things.  I pray that you rest in Christ and that your worries will be removed.  I pray also that the condition of your father be relieved and that he has a chance to become a believer and that you are the one that speaks the gospel to him. 

But if not, may the mercy of God be extended to him.

Keep praying my brother.

Glen/nelg

• Upvote 1

My Brother, you have been there for every single person on this site, giving your energy and support to all who needed it.

Of course my prayers are with you, and for your father.

The personal integrity and fortitude in your post is inspiring.

Be Blessed

***///

DIVE, we couldn't have said it better. We're here, too, MARK.... all of us.

• Upvote 2

Mark - I was just reading  how there is strength in numbers and how we are encouraged to pray for one another - Where  2 or more are  gathered together --   in His name - He is  among  them -

Instead of praying for your strength - courage - and peace through this time I will pray in gratitude  - giving thanks for the level of strength - courage and peace that  IS being supplied daily for you to function and perform the tasks that are before you - also for the  wisdom in making decisions

Be Blessed and be comforted in knowing you have many friends here holding  you up

• Upvote 3

Mark- I experienced a similar situation with my dad... and he passed away from cancer.  Prior to his death though I prayed a very serious prayer of.... "do what ever you need to do Lord but save his soul"... and when the cancer took him I was devastated!  At the funeral however there was a minister chosen by my family to conduct the service... his only connection to my dad was visiting him in the V.A. hospital where he tried to lead him to Christ.  My dad was too proud to pray with this minister, but later, after the minister left my dad got his heart right with God.... and told the minister who noticed a change in my father.  I knew none of this until the funeral service where he shared this with everyone.   It may sound crazy but the service turned into a rejoicing matter!!!   Trust in Him to lead your dad to His side... after all, He is the author of life!  We will be praying as well Mark... thanks for being there for us as well my friend!  :) 

• Upvote 2

Mark,

my prayers are with you and so is God. There IS life everlasting and our prayers are answered. The loving presence of Jesus is outstretched to you and your father.

I have had three close encounters with the deaths of close family members (mother, step mother and mother-in-law). My mother-in-law died

in my husband and my arms as we prayed over her. My mother-in-law was in a coma in hospital. She waited two days for us to make it to her bedside through a blinding Oklahoma snowstorm. She knew when her son walked into the room. He, his sisters and I held her as she passed.

Similar with my mom. With each, as they transitioned, Harry and I both observed the "light" that softly lifted from them, hovered a second and then gently drifted up. They were gone to be with the eternal. It was enormously peaceful and it reinforced our belief that God is great and there is nothing to be afraid of!

We, in our culture, weep and wail when instead we should be celebrating the joy of their passing. My mother died 45 years ago and by the time

my step-mother passed we were ready, after the service, to have a rousing party in celebration of her life here and the one to come.

Your father will be at peace. Do not worry or feel guilt While it is sad that you cannot be with him, he is aware of your love and that love goes with him. Close your eyes and he will be beside you.

My love to you.

I will be praying for your father's salvation Mark and for your peace of heart and mind... Thank you so much Jonjon for reminding us that we really don't know just how far the power of His blood reaches.. He is gonna be working in your father's heart because we are all gonna petition Him to do just that... be at peace Mark and take your comfort knowing that His will will be done and no one will take their last breath until the Lord says so... My love and prayers to your family Mark.

• Upvote 2

Mark, your DV family has done beautifully in offering their generous words of tenderness and love.  Prayers are definitely flowing in your direction. 

Just came from my church service and as I prayed, I include all my DV family in my prayers and Mark you have been on my heart for sometime.  Don't know why God put certain people in our hearts, I take it, this person is in need of prayer, so what's the best thing to do... PRAY !!!

God's loving heart will guide you.  It begins with peace and forgiveness in oneself,  let your father and our Heavenly Father know that you can be a forgiving son.

My prayers continue to be with you.  

• Upvote 3

I am so sorry Markinsa.  Please know that my prayers are flowing to you, your father and family.  I will be sending father a note so he will say a prayer in mass tomorrow as well.

Hang in there and if you need anything, please let me know,

Carla :angel:

• Upvote 2

Mark, so sorry to hear this. You can call a nearby church

and ask them to have a minister visit with your Dad, they

will pray for him. My husband and I have done that many

times for those out of state that have requested a visitation

for a family member.  It is so comforting for them to know

that believers have prayed for their loved ones. My father

came out of a semi-coma long enough for a Pastor to lead

him to the Lord. Amazing things happen when we pray.

God is the only One who knows the heart, we look for

evidence and fruit, but God knows the intent of the heart.

God would not want you to be tormented in wondering

where a loved one is going after they leave this life. Trust

Him. Believe that God is in control of you father's salvation.

God could be speaking to him right now..... praying for your

comfort and peace, friend.

• Upvote 2

Sorry to hear that Mark.  I lost my dad almost 5 years ago. Spend as much time as you can with him right now, it will help you immensely.  That's because when he's gone you'll forgive and forget anything that made him less than perfect.

He'll just be dad, someone you loved deeply. :)

• Upvote 2