Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Urgent. House of representatives postpone again a vote on a budget

boomer113189

2 - 23 - 2013

Twilight news/Presidency of the Council of Deputies, decided Saturday to
defer the vote on the federal budget law because of disagreements on
political terms.

A
representative said "Twilight" news, new disagreements emerged over the
federal budget between the several blocks around the items and the
provincial shares, which led the Council Presidency to postpone a vote
at today's meeting.

The source was likely lack of quorum for the convening of the twelfth meeting, protracted due to differences over a week ago.

The dispute over the shares of the provinces of budget allocations and
requiring each province a bigger share of the main reasons, which have
hampered votes to balance current year 2013 by a month and a half after
the start of the year, raising fears of many delayed approval for
longer, which leads to blocking the confirmation of bills of interest to
the citizen.

http://goo.gl/kiz3Q

Edited by Markinsa
Added Tag as a Prefix

As Gomer Pyle would say, "Surprise, surprise, surprise."

I don't like gomer today. :-D I didn't want this surprise. But I knew it would be this way. If the rate is in the budget, I would think it would just come out all at once.

• Upvote 1

Just like our Congress, no one is held accountable.  I suppose our time in Iraq taught them the essentials of a Democratic Government - Kick the can down the road and when you run out of road, just keep kicking it.  If politicians stopped getting paid immediately when they don't pass a budget, I can guarantee the fricken budget would get passed before the "road ends."

• Upvote 4

Parliament votes on not to referring the budget bill to the government.                         print-icon.gif save-icon.gif 23/02/2013 15:10:00

Baghdad/ NINA /-- MP, Abbas Bayati for the State of Law, said "The House of Representatives voted in today's meeting on favor of not to approve the re-budget law for the fiscal year 2013 or to referring it to the government.

He said in a statement to NINA today: "The House of Representatives voted on not to approve the re-balancing of the government.

He added : "The National Alliance voted unanimously not to refer the budget to the government" / End

Hey this looks good to me.

http://www.shafaaq.com/en/news/5293-breaking-newsparliament-delays-its-session-for-one-hour-.html

pdf_button.pngprintButton.pngemailButton.png

Saturday, 23 February 2013 14:18    

parlamaniraq.jpgShafaq News / Presidency of the parliament decided to delay its session on Saturday for one hour, to discuss the federal budget in "an expanded way."

The MP of Mwaten bloc, Ali Shubar told "Shafaq News", that “the heads of political blocs are currently discussing in an expanded way, the federal budget after the Presidency of the parliament decided to delay the session for one hour.

He added that "most of the MPs, especially in the National Alliance insist on passing the budget at today's session."

It would be great to see all the GURU talk to be spot on about imminent RV....

• Upvote 5

well i see the  sba expiring today ..wouldnt an increase in the value of those dinars in the budget go alot further  with an rv ..

im not saying a huge increase .  but 1000 to one would bump the value of their budget up  11.66% . same numbers . but an increase in buying power ...if the sab expires ,, and the program rate attached to the sba expires along with it ..today ..

the monitoring by the imf is over ..

and  we will see if they change the exchange regime from  stabalized .. to a crawling peg .. or  just rv it .. or decide to stay with a program rate for monitoring purposes while the monitoring is over ..

or will the imf be extended ..

i dont think it will be extended  only because these sba typically only last 24 months but can be extended  up to 36 months .. this has been going on for  4 years ..

so i see something  significant  ..  as far as exvhange rates   today the 23rd  with the ending of the sba ..

doesnt mean its  going to happen today .. but maybe soon after

• Upvote 3

Now moved to Monday according to All Iraq News, as of 3:40pm Iraq time. They're all at the bar right now, in Baghdad, discussing the hard week they all just finished. Funny how they can send out articles all week about how they are all in agreement, then can't manage to vote and approve. They ARE, however, taking Sunday off for all their hard work. Bet they knock each other over to get to the bank and cash their paychecks.  :eyebrows:

• Upvote 2