Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The big companies are the ones who ruin it for the individual...

Munsch

A little long but very interesting read here and I have to agree with what Obama is doing to stop it. Why should these bigger companies get away with it? By them doing so means we as individuals have to pay more in taxes. I say fix that loophole they found and taxes on us individuals should not be as bad. IMO

What the Top U.S. Companies Pay in Taxes

by Christopher Helman

Friday, April 2, 2010

provided by Forbes.com

As you work on your taxes this month, here's something to raise your hackles: Some of the world's biggest, most profitable corporations enjoy a far lower tax rate than you do -- that is, if they pay taxes at all.

Read more here .... http://finance.yahoo.com/taxes/article/109244/what-the-top-us-companies-pay-in-taxes;_ylt=AjyFg4yXeAli_KPDkR7UXo5O7sMF;_ylu=X3oDMTE5cGc1MzIyBHBvcwMyBHNlYwN3ZWVrZW5kRWRpdGlvbgRzbGsDd2hhdHRvcHVzY29t

I'm sorry I have just one more thing to say. It is the individual that ruins it for the individual. Study successful people and find out how hard they worked to get where they are. People just need to take responsibility for their own lives and quit looking for someone else to place blame on.

I'm sorry I have just one more thing to say. It is the individual that ruins it for the individual. Study successful people and find out how hard they worked to get where they are. People just need to take responsibility for their own lives and quit looking for someone else to place blame on.

I hope this is not pointed in my direction because you have no intel about how successful I am or not. There is a point of being successful and there is one of being ethical. I have also seen one big American company (which I will not name) move to Dubai just for tax reasons while I was working overseas. You also know that these so called "big companies" move "our" jobs with them too, and I don't mean contractors going overseas to work ... I mean cheap labor. So how ethical is that? And you wonder why so many americans complain about the job and economy? Hmmm, could it be? Well, like I said ... that is my oponion and I am entitled to freedom of speech.

Edited by Munsch
grammer

Munsch I do not direct my post at anyone. The people reading the post are the ones that know if the shoe fits. I know everyone wants less expensive products to purchase in order to make their dollars go further. I also know that companies want to offer the lowest prices possible. There is a reason union participation has dropped drastically in this country. In my opinion they have long lost sight of what they were created for. They no longer seem to be for the worker as much as they are to beat the company. This has raised company's cost which results in higher prices. The company has no choice , if they want to remain competitive, but to seek out all cost saving solutions possible. Then companies also have to deal with one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. They are trying to survive also. Most people know that if you lower the tax rate, revenues rise. Companies wouldn't have to try to dodge taxes. Unions need to be realistic in their demands and companies wouldn't look elsewhere. I do not intend to offend anyone with my post. But I too am entitled to freedom of speech.

eddieisme you're dead on and i agree with you 100%, one thing would like to see change is the trade defisit we have with China, also what's up with Obama voting agains Bush with drilling in the USA for oil and now wanting to star it??? Why not 2-4 years ago??? The left is looking out for themselves NOT our country.

You have a good point but if the big companies have to pay more tax or higher tax who do you think is going to pay.

Look in the mirror for a clue.

And when the RV happens Munsch will be complaining about the taxes we have to pay on them kind of a double standard. huh

Remove the unnecessary taxes and everything gets cheaper and US citizens will have more money to put into the market

I hope this is not pointed in my direction because you have no intel about how successful I am or not. There is a point of being successful and there is one of being ethical. I have also seen one big American company (which I will not name) move to Dubai just for tax reasons while I was working overseas. You also know that these so called "big companies" move "our" jobs with them too, and I don't mean contractors going overseas to work ... I mean cheap labor. So how ethical is that? And you wonder why so many americans complain about the job and economy? Hmmm, could it be? Well, like I said ... that is my oponion and I am entitled to freedom of speech.
I agree with you 100% alot of this company ceo are making big time money on everything and they don't even care about people in the u.s. when they are loosing their jobs due to cheap labor abroad or cheaper taxes.

And when the RV happens Munsch will be complaining about the taxes we have to pay on them kind of a double standard. huh Remove the unnecessary taxes and everything gets cheaper and US citizens will have more money to put into the market

No I will not be complaining ... because I will still be richer than I am now.