Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Please report new problems here

Adam Montana

Under the "Notification options", you need to change the drop down from "None" to something else. (None, Immediate, Offline, Daily Digest, Weekly Digest)

Topics & Posts

Auto follow topics I reply to. Notification frequency: None, Immediate, Offline, Daily Digest, Weekly Digest

*Options

-

Gave that a shot, thanks for the response. Will see what happens tomorrow. Thanks again

• Upvote 2

Gave that a shot, thanks for the response. Will see what happens tomorrow. Thanks again

Well I gave plenty of time and nothing.

Under the notification portion of my profile, I have "News and information" checked, and I have checked under "topics and posts" the box for "auto follow topics I reply to" which does not seem to be what I really need because it says "I reply to". I chose "imediate" under the drop down list.

everything else on that page is checked "email" of the two options, where the other is "Notification list"

There is just nothing that covers the option to recieve "notifications of new topics posted"

What I need to know before I goon with this is whether or not anybody else is getting notifications of new topics in their emails every morning and evening when most new topics are usually started. Anybody else getting these? This is what I had in place before the software change.

I did just get a single email of someone posting a comment in this location, only because I have the box checked to recieve notifications because I have commented here, but no notifications from anywhere else, and I know new topics were started this morning as there are every morning and also every eve.

So as a test, I unchecked "auto follow topics I reply to" but left the option for "imediate". That still does not seem correct, but it is a try none the less.

Is there an option even available at all to recieve topic notifications like there used to be? THAT IS THE QUESTION FIRST? There does not seen to be any choosable options that I have found and that is disapointing and frustrating!

Thanks for looking

Is there an option even available at all to recieve topic notifications like there used to be? THAT IS THE QUESTION FIRST? There does not seen to be any choosable options that I have found and that is disapointing and frustrating!

Thanks for looking

I'm looking into it now. 

-

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this has anything to do with the new look or not, but I am trying to renew my membership here and I have seen before where folks were advised to NOT sign in when doing this, however when I click on the "get VIP" link it takes me directly to the sign in page.

What am I missing here?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Not sure if this has anything to do with the new look or not, but I am trying to renew my membership here and I have seen before where folks were advised to NOT sign in when doing this, however when I click on the "get VIP" link it takes me directly to the sign in page.

What am I missing here?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Go to https://www.dinarsupport.com/support/cart.php - when you click on checkout, scroll down to the promo code box - believe "newsletter20" is still good. :peace:

If you are still having trouble, send an email to VIP@dinarvets.com

:rocking-chair:

• Upvote 1

Markinsa, thank you, I wasn't logged in, and I tried it just like you said and still getting the same response....I'm signing out here, going to the link Granny provided, put in username, and I'm told my password is incorrect

Sign in as a "NEW CUSTOMER"  put your username in the field for "DV Username (Optional)" and do not try to enter your email address and password.

-

• Upvote 1

Thank you, I'll give it a go.

Ok Markinsa, success, thank you very much!!

Also, FYI, everything you said was spot on but I wasn't able to use the same email address I have been using all along, had to set up a new one, then everything went thru without a hitch.

But were back in the DV saddle again, so its all good in da hood....thanks to YOU and TEXASGRANNY!!!

Ok Markinsa, success, thank you very much!!

Also, FYI, everything you said was spot on but I wasn't able to use the same email address I have been using all along, had to set up a new one, then everything went thru without a hitch.

But were back in the DV saddle again, so its all good in da hood....thanks to YOU and TEXASGRANNY!!!

Snoopy-Happy-Dance.jpg

• Upvote 2

Under the notification portion of my profile, I have "News and information" checked, and I have checked under "topics and posts" the box for "auto follow topics I reply to" which does not seem to be what I really need because it says "I reply to". I chose "imediate" under the drop down list.

everything else on that page is checked "email" of the two options, where the other is "Notification list"

There is just nothing that covers the option to recieve "notifications of new topics posted"

What I need to know before I goon with this is whether or not anybody else is getting notifications of new topics in their emails every morning and evening when most new topics are usually started. Anybody else getting these? This is what I had in place before the software change.

I did just get a single email of someone posting a comment in this location, only because I have the box checked to recieve notifications because I have commented here, but no notifications from anywhere else, and I know new topics were started this morning as there are every morning and also every eve.

So as a test, I unchecked "auto follow topics I reply to" but left the option for "imediate". That still does not seem correct, but it is a try none the less.

Thanks for looking

I think I have it figured out :) :

Each Forum has a  Follow this forum  button

Each Topic has a  Follow this topic  button

If you want to follow a whole Forum or multiple individual Topics, you need to click on these buttons “inside” the respective Forum(s) or Topic(s).

When you click on the Follow this forum , a “Follow this forum” pop-up menu will appear prompting you with the following options:

Receive Notification

(With drop down selections for:)

Instantly

Only when not online

Daily

Weekly

Follow anonymously (*Do not show me in the summary)

*Off to the right of the “Follow this Forum/Topic” options the forum shows the number of members following the Forum/Topic.  Choose this option if you do not want to be included in that number.

Before/after you choose the Forums/Topics you want to follow, you must go into “My Settings | Notification Options” and configure, one or both of the following options depending on if you want to receive one or both Forums or Topics, through the notification list and/or by Email.

Notification method to use for followed topics daily/weekly digests (Daily or weekly is determined by how you configured each topic).

Notification method to use for followed forums daily/weekly digests (Daily or weekly is determined by how you configured each Forum).

There is also another notification option,  “Auto follow topics I reply to” at the top of the notification option list that you may also want to follow if you “reply to” some topic that isn’t already included in your list of followed topics. 

-

• Upvote 3

I think I have it figured out :) :

Each Forum has a  Follow this forum  button

Each Topic has a  Follow this topic  button

If you want to follow a whole Forum or multiple individual Topics, you need to click on these buttons “inside” the respective Forum(s) or Topic(s).

When you click on the Follow this forum , a “Follow this forum” pop-up menu will appear prompting you with the following options:

Receive Notification

(With drop down selections for:)

Instantly

Only when not online

Daily

Weekly

Follow anonymously (*Do not show me in the summary)

*Off to the right of the “Follow this Forum/Topic” options the forum shows the number of members following the Forum/Topic.  Choose this option if you do not want to be included in that number.

Before/after you choose the Forums/Topics you want to follow, you must go into “My Settings | Notification Options” and configure, one or both of the following options depending on if you want to receive one or both Forums or Topics, through the notification list and/or by Email.

Notification method to use for followed topics daily/weekly digests (Daily or weekly is determined by how you configured each topic).

Notification method to use for followed forums daily/weekly digests (Daily or weekly is determined by how you configured each Forum).

There is also another notification option,  “Auto follow topics I reply to” at the top of the notification option list that you may also want to follow if you “reply to” some topic that isn’t already included in your list of followed topics. 

-

Well thank you for looking into it.

I went to where you are refurring, and found that the "follow this forum option was already chosen, which seems odd.

So I chose to "unfollow the forum", and logged out.

I then logged back in and then chose to "follow this forum". I then looked at my profile under "content I follow" sub section "topics" and clicked on the button called "forums" which opened up to display that I am following the forum "Irac and dinar related news" now and I think was. But?

So Now I will see in the morning and go from there. I will follow up and let you know.

Thank you again.

OOOOPs! it looks like that worked as Ihave three new topics in my inbox. Oustanding! Will followup tomorrow.

Thank you all for the responses everyone.

The answers to most of the questions have been posted in this thread - I know it's not easy adapting to changes like these, but we all have to suck it up and figure out the new software. (I don't like that statement any more than you do! :lol: )

I am working on fixing the things that need fixing, as fast as possible. 

In the meantime, I strongly encourage everyone to read all of the posts in this thread - there are a few instances where the same question is asked and answered multiple times. If you think you are being ignored, it's probably because you failed to read and your question has already been answered. Slow down, look around, and learn the new system. :twothumbs:

I think the question was inadvertently skipped.

Is there a spell checker capability with this new format?

Thanks.

Google chhhrome has one built in :)

(I purposely mis-spelled "chrome", then took a screen shot of what happens when you make a mistake like that. Chrome underlines it and gives suggestions.)

post-72-0-41072300-1361803625_thumb.png

• Upvote 3

Well thank you for looking into it.

I went to where you are refurring, and found that the "follow this forum option was already chosen, which seems odd.

So I chose to "unfollow the forum", and logged out.

I then logged back in and then chose to "follow this forum". I then looked at my profile under "content I follow" sub section "topics" and clicked on the button called "forums" which opened up to display that I am following the forum "Irac and dinar related news" now and I think was. But?

So Now I will see in the morning and go from there. I will follow up and let you know.

Thank you again.

OOOOPs! it looks like that worked as Ihave three new topics in my inbox. Oustanding! Will followup tomorrow.

Perfect! That worked. Carefull what you wish for.

thank you Markinsa, you rock!

• Upvote 2