Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Vaccine schedule

Peace

This schedule may vary depending upon where you live, your child's health, the type of vaccine, and the vaccines available. Some of the vaccines may be given as part of a combination vaccine so that your child gets fewer shots. Ask your doctor which vaccines your child should receive.

Birth

Hep B: Hepatitis B vaccine (HBV); recommended to give the first dose at birth, but may be given at any age for those not previously immunized.

1-2 months

Hep B: Second dose should be administered 1 to 2 months after the first dose.

2 months

DTaP: Diphtheria, tetanus, and acellular pertussis vaccine

Hib: Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine

IPV: Inactivated poliovirus vaccine

PCV: Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine

Rota: Rotavirus vaccine

4 months

DTaP

Hib

IPV

PCV

Rota

6 months

DTaP

Hib

PCV

Rota

6 months and annually

Seasonal influenza. The vaccine is recommended every year for children 6 months and older. Kids under 9 who get a flu vaccine for the first time will receive it in two separate doses at least a month apart. Those younger than 9 who have been vaccinated in the past might still need two doses if they have not received at least two flu vaccinations since July 2010.

Kids 6 months to 5 years old are still considered the group of kids who most need the flu vaccine, but updated guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now recommend that all older kids and teens get it, too.

It's especially important for high-risk kids to be vaccinated. High-risk groups include, but aren't limited to, kids younger than 5 years old, and those with chronic medical conditions, such as asthma, heart problems, sickle cell anemia, diabetes, or human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).

It can take up to 2 weeks after the shot is given for the body to build up immunity against the flu.

6-18 months

Hep B

IPV

12-15 months

Hib

MMR: Measles, mumps, and rubella (German measles) vaccine

PCV

Varicella (chickenpox) vaccine

12-23 months

Hep A: Hepatitis A vaccine; given as two shots at least 6 months apart

15-18 months

DTaP

4-6 years

DTaP

MMR

IPV

Varicella

11-12 years

HPV: Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine, given as 3 shots over 6 months. It's recommended for both girls and boys to prevent genital warts and certain types of cancer.

Tdap: Tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis booster

MCV: Meningitis vaccine; with a booster dose at age 16

College entrants

MCV: Meningitis vaccine; recommended for previously unvaccinated college entrants who will live in dormitories. One dose will suffice for healthy college students whose only risk factor is dormitory living.

Special circumstances

Hepatitis A vaccine is recommended for kids 2 years and older who have not received the vaccine and are at increased risk of developing the disease. This includes kids who live in states where the disease is common or who plan to travel to countries where the disease is common.

Meningitis vaccine can be given to kids as young as 9 months who are at risk of contracting meningitis. This includes children with certain immune disorders as well as those who live in (or are planning to travel to) countries where meningitis is common. This vaccine also should be given to teens 13 and older who did not receive it in childhood.

Pneumococcal vaccines also can be given to older kids (age 2 and up) who have immunocompromising conditions, such as asplenia or HIV infection, or other conditions, like cochlear implant.

Reviewed by: Elana Pearl Ben-Joseph, MD

Date reviewed: September 2012

I counted 46 before age 12. Added influenza every year.

Oh and you can refuse vaccinations. Your child does not have to be vaccinated to attend a texas school. Just have to sign a waiver. It's on the texas state department website.

Edited by brandyclark
  • Upvote 1

I don't have my kids get the flu vaccine but they have been immunized according to the recommendations. I know there is a lot of controversy surrounding vaccines but for me and my family personally, I prefer to vaccinate and not worry about polio or hepatitis.

I do believe that there is over vaccination in this country and would love to see that amount of recommendations go down.

I own horses and dogs. I only give my horses the basics due to the fact they are not exposed to other horses and I have a holistic vet so we do not vaccinate every year. He pulls titers on them to see where their levels are. My dogs are vaccinated to keep in compliance with state and county. They also do not travel and mingle with dogs that are unknown.

I think, and I have been "out-of-the-loop" for some time (so perhaps a practicing physician in the US can correct me on this), the schedule continues to acceleration to 65-67 vaccines by the time you are 40 or so. Now, to make a simple point, WHERE in nature is one exposed to 10 different pathogens at one time? I cant think of one case of a person contacting so many pathogens in a single day/period. Also, HOW do these pathogens usually enter the body? Directly into the blood-a few, but not nearly as many as are INJECTED into you. So, logically, WHY would I allow so many by a non-standard route into my body. Something to consider. Dunno, just saying.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think, and I have been "out-of-the-loop" for some time (so perhaps a practicing physician in the US can correct me on this), the schedule continues to acceleration to 65-67 vaccines by the time you are 40 or so. Now, to make a simple point, WHERE in nature is one exposed to 10 different pathogens at one time? I cant think of one case of a person contacting so many pathogens in a single day/period. Also, HOW do these pathogens usually enter the body? Directly into the blood-a few, but not nearly as many as are INJECTED into you. So, logically, WHY would I allow so many by a non-standard route into my body. Something to consider. Dunno, just saying.....

I was trying to plus you but negged. :( I concur doc:)

I know a couple that have a little boy that was perfectly fine and talkative until about age three. They took him to get vaccinated one day and he hasn't spoken a word since. Now has been diagnosed with autism.

So sad.mbreaks my heart. There are stories of 12 and 13 year olds who received the MMR vaccine and shut down and later diagnosed with autism. I can't imagine being a parent and going that.

I prefer to opt out of vaccines. The flu shot protects you for only one strain and it is not the one for the current year's strain. It just makes money for the pharmaceutical companies.

The is plenty of info on the Internet - one website on alternative medicine is hosted by a board certified osteopathic physician. There is a daily blog. Please Check it out for a LOT of information, backed up by research hot links at www.mercola.com.

There is plenty of information available so that each individual can begin to take control of his or her own health and healing, plus comments each day from people around the world.

• Upvote 1

To all those parents who have had a DX of autism, please check out the GAPS diet website. Great info. Also, consider detoxification for vaccines. There are many methods. I know there is a homeopath in here, so maybe she will be able to help you out. I'm a Naturopath also, but someone who solely practices homeopathic medicine would be a better go-to doc. Thanks for all the positive feedback. Cheers

• Upvote 2

I really just read this forum and not post, but I felt a need to post for this subject. Anyone with children should research and make an informed decision BEFORE they vaccinate their children. Although people are led to believe you must have vaccinations to attend school, there are exemptions and kids can attend school without being vaccinated. The website nvic.org has a lot of good information for anyone interested.

• Upvote 2

I really just read this forum and not post, but I felt a need to post for this subject. Anyone with children should research and make an informed decision BEFORE they vaccinate their children. Although people are led to believe you must have vaccinations to attend school, there are exemptions and kids can attend school without being vaccinated. The website nvic.org has a lot of good information for anyone interested.

You are 100% correct. YOU must make the decision and LIVE with that decision. There is a ton of info about the pros and cons. It gets confusing to even the best educated person out there. Follow your gut feelings. Dont let a doc or others force you into something you arent comfortable with. If you decide to get it, look into each and every vaccine that is offered. Research the studies, especially to see if there was a study done on the COMBINATION of various vaccines. Your doc might not like you, but they dont have to live with the possible side-effects. Thanks for your post and welcome to DV!

• Upvote 2

My children have had all the immunizations that are required but they've never had the flu vaccine and last month at check ups I ad to argue with the dr because he was wanting my 16 and 12 yr old boys to have the hpv vaccine... they didn't get it, I have read nothing but bad things about it.

• Upvote 1

To all those parents who have had a DX of autism, please check out the GAPS diet website. Great info. Also, consider detoxification for vaccines. There are many methods. I know there is a homeopath in here, so maybe she will be able to help you out. I'm a Naturopath also, but someone who solely practices homeopathic medicine would be a better go-to doc. Thanks for all the positive feedback. Cheers

When talking vaccines the homeopathic remedy for prevention of or ill affects from is always Thuja. The official name is Thuja occidentalis.

Firstly, if anyone is required to take a vaccine for any reason such as a requirement to travel to a specific country, a new job or your children's boosters, Thuja 200C (200C is the potency) should be given two days prior to the vaccination.

Secondly, to combat the virus in your body from the vaccine but you have no known ill affects or symptoms resulting form it, take one dose of Thuja 200C once a day for 3 days.

Thirdly, for ill affects of any kind such as the autism you are describing which is clearly a result of the vaccine, the recommendation would be one dose of Thuja 200C on day one, one dose Thuja 1M on day two and one dose Thuja 10M on day three.

Normally when I take or prescribe any homeopathic remedy I always use the pellet form and take 4 pellets for each dose. These do have to go under the tongue to melt to hit the blood stream. Swallowing them will take them into your stomach, dissolve and do very little if anything. The potencies I mentioned of 1M and 10M may not be available in all places. You might have to order it online or find a resident homeopath to get these for you. It would be my recommendation to never use anything lower than 200C when using Thuja. They do make a 30C but it's not what I would use on anyone. The higher potencies will lift the vital force of the body which would in turn stimulate or jump start the body's healing process more effectively.

What I have mentioned here for dosing is a guideline I would use having not seen the patient. Any homeopath that is treating a patient might choose to repeat the same potency for days before moving up in potency. It would all depend on the ill affects and results seen from taking Thuja.

I have a girlfriend who's niece was 2 yrs old. A happy healthy baby girl who after one of the boosters they give up here in Canada at age 2, stopped talking and now has the most severe form of autism seen. The couple were devastated because they tried for 10 yrs to have a child and then this happened.

I won't go on about my opinion of vaccines and what is forced upon our children, adults and animals because it just gets my blood pressure up. I quit a job once where I had been working for months in the IT department in one of the larger hospitals. They told me I had to have the Hep B &C vaccines and I refused. All vaccines weaken the immune system so if you must be vaccinated or your animal, you can take precautions ahead of time.

Also, for Autism keep the children off any forms of dairy and dairy related products or foods made with any kind of dairy/milk product in them. Most likely they will have to make all meals at home and watch the ingredients.

I read and saw a program years ago on Phil Donahue. Do you remember him? I wish I knew the name of the doctor that had been using a diet program for severe autism cases. The video of the before and after children were outstanding.

Goldie :)

• Upvote 2

My children have had all the immunizations that are required but they've never had the flu vaccine and last month at check ups I ad to argue with the dr because he was wanting my 16 and 12 yr old boys to have the hpv vaccine... they didn't get it, I have read nothing but bad things about it.

I had an argument with the doc one time. Never returned. They are pushy and will try to ake you feel like your nuts but just gotta stay strong and put your foot down. Good luck.

PS. Just to add, I attended the 3 year Diploma Program at the Ontario College of Homeopathic Medicine. Some homeopaths out there may not have received any proper training or may have attended a simple certificate class, so research wisely. :)/>

Goldie I think it's awesome that your a homeopath! Do you have a clinic in Canada?

• Upvote 1

Goldie I think it's awesome that your a homeopath! Do you have a clinic in Canada?

I did have a practice for a couple of years with another homeopath. I did it part time as I kept my full time career going.

Now I mix homeopathy in with some of the other healing processes and treatments I provide.

after I was vaccinated when i was six years old , I had to be hospitalized...i would be unable to breath. This went on for months..;the doctors said I was doing it for attention. (so far from the truth..i was sooo scared.)

I developed sever allergies...injections every week until I was 18 and the insurance ran out. Asthma on and off since then.

many years later found a chiropractor who also did homeopathic.

Daughter not vaccinated..never will be.

• Upvote 1

I was young and dumb as a new mother and did whatever the doctors advised me to... as I grew older and technology made research more readily available, I started to do so and by the time I had kkid #9, she only had the initial immunizations at birth. I signed waivers for the older kkids from that point on to refuse imm for any of the others. We didn't have any bad side effects, fortunately, but who knows what will show up down the pike?

I'd love to hear both of your opinions on alkaline water, Dr Ex and Dr GG. Mr KK was diagnosed with gastritis this last week and had a polyp removed & sent for biopsy. Neither the gastro nor the primary dr were overly informative regarding his diet or anything, other than ordering tramadol for pain and a scrip for an antacid. I started him drinking alkaline water early last week after a massage to get rid of the lactic acid and now with the gastritis diagnosis, it seems like a good treatment option. We actually had a nurse at the surgery center tell us to get online and research it ourselves because we'd likely get more info that way! She was my pre-op nurse when I had my ankle done, not his from the scopes.

Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge so freely with us!

KK

MADD for Heather

When talking vaccines the homeopathic remedy for prevention of or ill affects from is always Thuja. The official name is Thuja occidentalis.

Firstly, if anyone is required to take a vaccine for any reason such as a requirement to travel to a specific country, a new job or your children's boosters, Thuja 200C (200C is the potency) should be given two days prior to the vaccination.

Secondly, to combat the virus in your body from the vaccine but you have no known ill affects or symptoms resulting form it, take one dose of Thuja 200C once a day for 3 days.

Thirdly, for ill affects of any kind such as the autism you are describing which is clearly a result of the vaccine, the recommendation would be one dose of Thuja 200C on day one, one dose Thuja 1M on day two and one dose Thuja 10M on day three.

Normally when I take or prescribe any homeopathic remedy I always use the pellet form and take 4 pellets for each dose. These do have to go under the tongue to melt to hit the blood stream. Swallowing them will take them into your stomach, dissolve and do very little if anything. The potencies I mentioned of 1M and 10M may not be available in all places. You might have to order it online or find a resident homeopath to get these for you. It would be my recommendation to never use anything lower than 200C when using Thuja. They do make a 30C but it's not what I would use on anyone. The higher potencies will lift the vital force of the body which would in turn stimulate or jump start the body's healing process more effectively.

What I have mentioned here for dosing is a guideline I would use having not seen the patient. Any homeopath that is treating a patient might choose to repeat the same potency for days before moving up in potency. It would all depend on the ill affects and results seen from taking Thuja.

I have a girlfriend who's niece was 2 yrs old. A happy healthy baby girl who after one of the boosters they give up here in Canada at age 2, stopped talking and now has the most severe form of autism seen. The couple were devastated because they tried for 10 yrs to have a child and then this happened.

I won't go on about my opinion of vaccines and what is forced upon our children, adults and animals because it just gets my blood pressure up. I quit a job once where I had been working for months in the IT department in one of the larger hospitals. They told me I had to have the Hep B &C vaccines and I refused. All vaccines weaken the immune system so if you must be vaccinated or your animal, you can take precautions ahead of time.

Also, for Autism keep the children off any forms of dairy and dairy related products or foods made with any kind of dairy/milk product in them. Most likely they will have to make all meals at home and watch the ingredients.

I read and saw a program years ago on Phil Donahue. Do you remember him? I wish I knew the name of the doctor that had been using a diet program for severe autism cases. The video of the before and after children were outstanding.

Goldie smile.gif

Yeah I remember him I think his name was suess

So Homeopathic

Is that like lesbian or sumthin smile.gif

I was young and dumb as a new mother and did whatever the doctors advised me to... as I grew older and technology made research more readily available, I started to do so and by the time I had kkid #9, she only had the initial immunizations at birth. I signed waivers for the older kkids from that point on to refuse imm for any of the others. We didn't have any bad side effects, fortunately, but who knows what will show up down the pike?

I'd love to hear both of your opinions on alkaline water, Dr Ex and Dr GG. Mr KK was diagnosed with gastritis this last week and had a polyp removed & sent for biopsy. Neither the gastro nor the primary dr were overly informative regarding his diet or anything, other than ordering tramadol for pain and a scrip for an antacid. I started him drinking alkaline water early last week after a massage to get rid of the lactic acid and now with the gastritis diagnosis, it seems like a good treatment option. We actually had a nurse at the surgery center tell us to get online and research it ourselves because we'd likely get more info that way! She was my pre-op nurse when I had my ankle done, not his from the scopes.

Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge so freely with us!

KK

MADD for Heather

First, Thank you Brandyclark for sharing your info. I knew there was someone who was much smarter than I! (of course, that isnt saying a LOT when compared to me! :P :P ) Interested in teaching what you know in Thailand? I do a lot of injections and some IV drips with homeopathic and see great results. Need to get back to basics however!

OK, for gastritis, I find that aloe vera works rather well and is easy to take and CHEAP!. Also, remove all grains from his diet. Dont need them and they might be allergenic. Let me know how that works.

As for akaline water, if you can explain to me how it will influence blood PH, I would be interested in hearing it. I have yet to find any credible info on this. Everything I have seen is someone saying something that isnt true. Few people understand ph "balance" and they try to take advantage of your lack of knowledge. To the Common Joe the info seems reasonable, but, in fact, fails in the face of real physiology. My knowledge is this: it doesnt work. Why? because when it hits your stomach (a very acidic environment, hopefully) the ph of that material is altered. When its pushed in the upper intestines, its buffered and finally it is absorbed. The blood ph is very tightly controlled, so you wont akalinize your blood. Immpossible. Your blood is at 7.44-7.46. That is why "akaline or die" crap out there is utter nonsense. It is expoused by those with little knowledge, but hold degrees in whatever. You WONT alkaline your body with AK water. Natural spring water is slightly acidic. The ONLY benefit to have water above 7.0 is that it contains no free-radicals. That is it. However, your body is designed to buffer or reduce those free-radicals. It is they way we are made. So, I wouldnt waste my $$ on it (buy more dinar! hahahaha). Hope this helps! Cheers and good luck!

Sorry, I stuck my reply in your post. Please see above for my reply. Again, sorry

• Upvote 1

Wife is expert in autism - vaccines can trigger genes already present for autism - not all kids will react this way. But the ones who do are a tragedy...

Our kids did not have conventional vaccines - they had homeopathic nosodes corresponding to major diseases - doctor signed off for school.

They have been perfectly healthy for 17 and 21 years.

Vaccines are big business. The FDA is supposed to provide oversight on big Pharma - yet they are directly funded by Pharma. Go figure.

PS You will not find news stories on vaccine problems on FOX.

Just sayin'

Yeah I remember him I think his name was suess

So Homeopathic

Is that like lesbian or sumthin smile.gif

Dogggie!

Must you show your ignorance in this way? (maybe you're kidding...LOL)

But this doc just did a long post to help people....

Wife is expert in autism - vaccines can trigger genes already present for autism - not all kids will react this way. But the ones who do are a tragedy...

Our kids did not have conventional vaccines - they had homeopathic nosodes corresponding to major diseases - doctor signed off for school.

They have been perfectly healthy for 17 and 21 years.

Vaccines are big business. The FDA is supposed to provide oversight on big Pharma - yet they are directly funded by Pharma. Go figure.

PS You will not find news stories on vaccine problems on FOX.

Just sayin'

Dogggie!

Must you show your ignorance in this way? (maybe you're kidding...LOL)

But this doc just did a long post to help people....

Im just goofing off hame .Maybe you take things a little too seriosly.

relax man its all good