Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

No Whites Allowed. School Bans White Students.

krome2ez

Parents Complain About School Ad

Excluding Whites From Tutoring Program

February 13, 2013 6:18 PM

(credit: CBS)

mission-viejo-elementary.jpg?w=300

l-mission-viejo-tutoring-tr-550x309.jpg

AURORA, Colo. (CBS4) – A school principal said no white children were allowed at an after-school tutoring program, and now some parents call it discrimination.

The principal at Mission Viejo Elementary in Aurora sent a letter telling parents the program is only for students of color. Parents CBS4 talked with said they were shocked to see, in this day and age, what they consider to be segregation.

“I was infuriated. I didn’t understand why they would include or exclude certain groups,” said parent Nicole Cox, who is white.

Cox’s 10-year-old daughter needs tutoring. After receiving the notice, other parents complained to the school’s principal, Andre Pearson.

“We have come so far in all of these years to show everybody that everyone is equal, that everyone should be treated equally … this is a form of bullying,” Cox said.

Before Cox could complain to the school, Pearson contacted her directly. His voicemail only seemed to reinforce the segregated tutoring idea.

“This is Andre Pearson. It’s focused for and designed for children of color, but certainly, if we have space for other kids who have needs, we can definitely meet those needs,” Pearson told Cox in the voicemail.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/02/13/parents-complain-about-school-ad-for-colored-only-tutoring-program/

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/02/14/colorado-school-bans-white-students-from-after-school-tutoring-programs/

• Upvote 4

I know when I am looking for a job in manufacturing now it says sometimes, you must know spanish. WTF. How about, you must know English and be proud of the country you are in and want to integrate. NOPE, just leach and take as much as you can, and create your little country within a country. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

WoW, this hits close to home.

I went to Mission Viejo in kindergarten and 1st grade.

I currently live less then a mile away from the school.

It's just outrageous that anyone would be dumb enough to do this kind of thing.

How does any program get "designed for children of color"?

Found this update on local CBS news website.

Mission Viejo Principal: ‘Tutoring Program Open To All Students’ After Segregation Allegations

AURORA, Colo. (CBS4)- An elementary school principal is clarifying admission to an after-school tutoring program after parents complained it was only open to “children of color.”

Mission Viejo Elementary School Principal Andre Pearson has sent out a letter to parents detailing a clarification with the tutoring program after he initially told one parent in a voice mail, “It’s focused for and designed for children of color, but certainly, if we have space for other kids who have needs, we can definitely meet those needs.”

The letter reads in part, “I want to express my regret for the communication sent last Friday describing the PASS tutoring program.”

It also states, “… the tutoring program is open for all students, regardless of race/ethnicity, and on a first come, first served basis. As your child’s principal, I am equally concerned about the success of all students who attend our wonderfully diverse school.”

The tutoring program is part of PASS which stands for Parents of Academically Successful Students. Each Cherry Creek School has a parent leadership team that runs the program.

“It’s part of our excellence in equity initiative to close the achievement gap,” said Cherry Creek School District spokeswoman Tustin Amole.

Amole said it was a misunderstanding.

A sign up sheet sent home to parents indicated the tutoring program was only for students of color.

Angela Green Garland, the parental coordinator for Mission Viejo Elementary, said that all students have always been involved in the tutoring program, despite what the sign up sheet indicated.

The Cherry Creek School District’s website states that “PASS is a parent leadership group dedicated to closing the achievement gap for our African-American and Hispanic or Latino students.”

Nicole Cox’s 10-year-old daughter attends Mission Viejo Elementary and needs tutoring. She is white and Cox felt she was being left out of the program based on her race.

“I just want every single person to be treated equally,” said Cox.

“We deeply regret that they got that communication,” said Amole.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/02/14/mission-viejo-tutoring-program-segregation-allegations/

Edited by RVDinar4MyFamily
  • Upvote 1

I have to agree that IF it's really like that ( only children of color allowed to attend tutoring in that school) then it's senseless, stupid and ( aware of it or not) racist.

Children esp. need integration and not division imho.

Obviously that works both ways.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

Hate to sound like a broken record.

But we need to bring this to the attention of your elected officials

Otherwise this will continue and it will get worse.

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise

Wow, this is a first. I agree with you Sentinel. biggrin.gif In my local school district, this Principal would be out on his azz so fast, his polyester suit would still be in style. ohmy.gif

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 4

The first thing that comes to my mind is that its a speicial program designed for blacks.

There was alot of these when I was a kid. Special Indian programs.

And if you were not a native american

Guess what?

You could not attend.

Edited by dog53
  • Upvote 2

How about BET. BLACK ENTERTAINMENT TV. oh boy would the shakedown begin...if someone started WET. White entertainment tv.

or better yet.........how about white heritage month?? Its funny how the people throwing around the race game, always only look from one side. Or how certain groups get extra points on like the SAT....because of their color.

or how jesse jackson gets paid off.....to not complain about the amount of black people in nascar.

Edited by sandstorm
  • Upvote 1

How about BET. BLACK ENTERTAINMENT TV. oh boy would the shakedown begin...if someone started WET. White entertainment tv.

or better yet.........how about white heritage month?? Its funny how the people throwing around the race game, always only look from one side. Or how certain groups get extra points on like the SAT....because of their color.

or how jesse jackson gets paid off.....to not complain about the amount of black people in nascar.

11 months isn't enough? laugh.gif

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I do agree that this story above is racist. No one should be discriminated against and prevented from learning or seeking help simply because of their race. I think the principal should be immediately dismissed.

Re the other comment, the reason why there is a so-called "Black History" month is because of the the active and intentional suppression of innovations and history of blacks throughout the past. Most other races got credit and praise for their inventions, discoveries and innovations AND most other races were not OFFICIALLY and LEGALLY discriminated against by national and local governments. For example, there were countless times when inventions were "stolen" or credit was given to someone other than the black inventor simply because they were black. Another example are black soldiers that fought in the American Revolution but are RARELY, if ever, mentioned in history. Heck, there were black soldiers that fought in WWII that were DENIED metals of courage that their white counterparts earned simply because they were black. I recall the story about two black WWII soliders that had to wait 55 years to get Bronze Stars. Don't you think people that fight and die for their country and those who give their life to save their comrades (a country who HATED them at the time) should be acknowledged? If things were suppressed in the past what is wrong with having a month to remember such things. As for BET, the channel OWNED and OPERATED by VIACOM, I see nothing wrong with that. I think it exists for reasons like the LOGO channel----because it is an area that was previously excluded or had little representation. I think that if the history in this country of other races was as ACTIVELY and INTENTIONALLY suppressed and denied, that they should be allowed a time to celebrate that history. I don't care if it is black, white, Native American etc. I think ALL our history should be acknowledged and celebrated. We are one people.

A lot of history was ignored. For example, did you know that the so-called "rascist" president of the Confederacy. Jefferson Davis, had an adopted BLACK son? Did you know that there were FREE blacks that fought AGAINST the North? They served in INTEGRATED units with other White confederate soldiers. AND they received equal pay. Did you know that Jefferson Davis freed the Southern Slaves BEFORE Lincoln did? People, these are all verifiable facts that are NOT taught.

its a racist tutering program ..no doubt about it . . what does students of color mean ..? ......everyone but white people ..?

Aint no indian heritage month.

Who wants to watch indians getting there A$$`s kicked for a solid month.

hahahahahahahahahaa

emot-LMAO.gif

forget the month thing .. i want a white history year .. come celebrate white history year at pbs . . it starts every january 1st .

white people can boast about themselves all year long ..

Edited by dontlop

Wow, this is a first. I agree with you Sentinel. biggrin.gif In my local school district, this Principal would be out on his azz so fast, his polyester suit would still be in style. ohmy.gif

GO RV, then BV

Krome, giving you a +1 for a great thread. Shabs, I'd give you 10 if I could. Made me laugh, still laughing laugh.gif. I do hope it's all a misunderstanding. This day and age, I'd hope humanity is way above this stuff.

• Upvote 1

The first thing that comes to my mind is that its a speicial program designed for blacks.

There was alot of these when I was a kid. Special Indian programs.

And if you were not a native american

Guess what?

You could not attend.

In the NC area, Habitat for Humanity operates the same way. Can't make a house payment at $7.25 per when your're driving an Escalade these days.

Edited by Slaydadea

Aint no indian heritage month.

Who wants to watch indians getting there A$$`s kicked for a solid month.

hahahahahahahahahaa

emot-LMAO.gif

My husband and I always celebrated Native American Heritage during the month of November by going to

Art Festivals, pow-wow's, dances, etc. when they were close enough to attend.

Native American Heritage

November 3-5, 2012

Chikasha Poya: We Are Chickasaw -- Weekend Festival

The Chickasaw Nation of Oklahoma celebrates its tribal heritage and history with three days of food; hands-on activities and

performances, including dancing, singing, flute playing, storytelling; and such other cultural arts as beading, woodwork, pottery and weaving.

(National Museum of the American Indian, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC)

November 9, 2012

Native Pride Dancers

Enhanced by indigenous vocal and flute music, Buffalo, Eagle, Round, and other dances celebrate various animals, crops, the sun, and the wind.

(National Museum of the American Indian, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC)

November 13, 20 & 27, 2012

Regalia Making Demonstration with Cody Harjo (Seminole/Otoe)

Meet artist Cody Harjo and watch her demonstrate regalia making.

(American Indian Museum Heye Center, Smithsonian Institution, New York, NY)

:hug:

:rocking-chair: