Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tony and Hame

stonewall67

Also, do you not find it fairly pompous to presume that unless someone lives life like you do, thinks like you do and acts like you do that they obviously have to have a miserable life..... Are you so arrogant as to believe that you've figured out the only way???? That's what drives me nuts about the modern liberal.... You all think you know the best way for the rest of us to live our lives and then you try to legislate those ideas.... Look at Bloomberg as a prime example..... You know what a conservative wants??? To be left alone to make his/her way in life with little to no government infringement... If I fail, I don't want you to bail me out of my poor choices. I will learn from my mistakes, strap on my boots, tighten my belt and try again!!!! What does a liberal want.... To dictate how I live, what I eat, where I shat, where and how I work and so on and so on...... Just leave me the heck alone!!!! Follow the constitution, after all that's the foundation of it any way.....FREEDOM!!!! Freedom to do as I see fit for me and my family!

• Upvote 18
  • Downvote 1

Also, do you not find it fairly pompous to presume that unless someone lives life like you do, thinks like you do and acts like you do that they obviously have to have a miserable life..... Are you so arrogant as to believe that you've figured out the only way???? That's what drives me nuts about the modern liberal.... You all think you know the best way for the rest of us to live our lives and then you try to legislate those ideas.... Look at Bloomberg as a prime example..... You know what a conservative wants??? To be left alone to make his/her way in life with little to no government infringement... If I fail, I don't want you to bail me out of my poor choices. I will learn from my mistakes, strap on my boots, tighten my belt and try again!!!! What does a liberal want.... To dictate how I live, what I eat, where I shat, where and how I work and so on and so on...... Just leave me the heck alone!!!! Follow the constitution, after all that's the foundation of it any way.....FREEDOM!!!! Freedom to do as I see fit for me and my family!

Listen man, I don't remember ever telling you how to live or how to act, just because I agree with the president that something needs to be done with gun control so our kids can grow in a safer enviroment, I happen to think Bloomberg is stepping over the line too. I can tell you I live a lot happier than you do, I don't worry about things out of my control and you obviously do, and I'm sorry to break it to you but the government is involved in everything you do wether you like it or not.

you asked me to leave you alone but if I remember correctly you started with me so I should ask you to leave me alone and let me live the way I see fit .

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

My, my, my SW67! Do you not understand that you are being politically incorrect!!! Shame on you for wanting to have a life and to question Tony and Hame for knowing what is best for you. Do you always disrespect we liberals this way? My goodness, all that anger young man, we should probably take your guns and your ability to purchase guns, knives, scissors or any other objects that may protect yourself from we folks that know what's best for you. You do understand now with all of YOUR anger that you are not able to make an emotional decision the way we would like you to. Let us see if we can gather up some of our liberal psychics to see if we can send some spirits or I mean good vibes your way. In the mean time, stay away from the computer and definitely put that Bible down, surely it has messed you up!!!

I don't know what they said but for them to get a response from you like this it had to be good. (I'm attempting to be humorous) Stonewall, what the heck did they say dude? I can only imagine the pomp and arrogance of their statement.

P.S. I made a suggestion a week ago or so that you consider running for political office one day (soon), have you considered it or have you ever considered running for office sw67? I think with the education you've mentioned in the past and reading your responses here on DV at times that you do reason things out well and we sure could use folks with your mind and your walk with God in politics. I'm reminded of Dr Carson when I read some of your post. By the way, if you do run for office, I need a job! :Dsrc="http://dinarvets.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif">

Take care and God bless dude.

Stonewall talking to them will never get through. They only hear what they want to hear period. Everything you said is complete common sense, which something liberals have none of.

• Upvote 1

sportfisher posted a link that explains this in a different thread.

WORLDNETDAILY EXCLUSIVE

VETERAN PSYCHIATRIST CALLS LIBERALS MENTALLY ILL

Publishes extensive study on 'Psychological Causes of Political Madness'

WASHINGTON – Just when liberals thought it was safe to start identifying themselves as such, an acclaimed, veteran psychiatrist is making the case that the ideology motivating them is actually a mental disorder.

“Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded,” says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, “The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness.” “Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.”

While political activists on the other side of the spectrum have made similar observations, Rossiter boasts professional credentials and a life virtually free of activism and links to “the vast right-wing conspiracy.”

For more than 35 years he has diagnosed and treated more than 1,500 patients as a board-certified clinical psychiatrist and examined more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases as a board-certified forensic psychiatrist. He received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago.

Rossiter says the kind of liberalism being displayed by both Barack Obama and his Democratic primary opponent Hillarious Clinton can only be understood as a psychological disorder.

“A social scientist who understands human nature will not dismiss the vital roles of free choice, voluntary cooperation and moral integrity – as liberals do,” he says. “A political leader who understands human nature will not ignore individual differences in talent, drive, personal appeal and work ethic, and then try to impose economic and social equality on the population – as liberals do. And a legislator who understands human nature will not create an environment of rules which over-regulates and over-taxes the nation’s citizens, corrupts their character and reduces them to wards of the state – as liberals do.”

Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:

creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization;

satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;

augmenting primitive feelings of envy;

rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.

“The roots of liberalism – and its associated madness – can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind,” he says. “When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious.”

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

sportfisher posted a link that explains this in a different thread.

WORLDNETDAILY EXCLUSIVE

VETERAN PSYCHIATRIST CALLS LIBERALS MENTALLY ILL

Publishes extensive study on 'Psychological Causes of Political Madness'

WASHINGTON – Just when liberals thought it was safe to start identifying themselves as such, an acclaimed, veteran psychiatrist is making the case that the ideology motivating them is actually a mental disorder.

“Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded,” says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, “The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness.” “Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.”

While political activists on the other side of the spectrum have made similar observations, Rossiter boasts professional credentials and a life virtually free of activism and links to “the vast right-wing conspiracy.”

For more than 35 years he has diagnosed and treated more than 1,500 patients as a board-certified clinical psychiatrist and examined more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases as a board-certified forensic psychiatrist. He received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago.

Rossiter says the kind of liberalism being displayed by both Barack Obama and his Democratic primary opponent Hillarious Clinton can only be understood as a psychological disorder.

“A social scientist who understands human nature will not dismiss the vital roles of free choice, voluntary cooperation and moral integrity – as liberals do,” he says. “A political leader who understands human nature will not ignore individual differences in talent, drive, personal appeal and work ethic, and then try to impose economic and social equality on the population – as liberals do. And a legislator who understands human nature will not create an environment of rules which over-regulates and over-taxes the nation’s citizens, corrupts their character and reduces them to wards of the state – as liberals do.”

Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:

creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization;

satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;

augmenting primitive feelings of envy;

rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.

“The roots of liberalism – and its associated madness – can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind,” he says. “When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious.”

Pssssssssttttttt dude, buddy, pal.... don't quote this guy again.... his stuff is considered gratuitous poo poo by doctors who do actual research, and its not the best thing you could quote in support of your argument....

Here is what the journal and professionals in his field had to say:

"Little known and self promoting psychiatrist Dr. Lyle Rossiter has released a new book entitled "The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness". Most of its claims are not so subtle reversals of the conclusions reached by four distinguished scholars that were funded by the US Government in a study to discover the roots of conservatism.The report "Political Conservatism as Motivated Social Cognition" cost $1.2 million and was supervised by the National Foundation as well as the National Institutes of Health. It found that conservatism is essentially a set of neuroses rooted in "fear and aggression, dogmatism and the intolerance of ambiguity".In an article published in the highly respected peer reviewed scholarly journal "Psychological Bulletin" the authors state:"

This intolerance of ambiguity can lead people to cling to the familiar, to arrive at premature conclusions, and to impose simplistic cliches and stereotypes."

I'm not going to add any more of the commentary or review as my intention is not to debate or oppose his view. The critiques of his methods, highlighted by his contrived caricatures set up as straw men to debase,.... opens up all kinds of nasty, destructive, polemics that serve no one and if anything, brings attention to the more ugly side of political fighting rooted in childish name calling using grown up words.

I personally believe he violated the ethical responsibilities of his license to practice whether or not his focus was conservatives, libertarians, liberals or green peace and I'm with others who see his loss of professional ethical objectivity as perhaps being compromised to the point it may well result in Board actions restricting his practice.... (meaning he could write books and opinions all day long, but could no longer treat patients... like Joyce Brothers, or what's his name )

Just food for thought wink.gif

• Upvote 3

Oh and PS, I'm right there with ya on the "leave me alone"! , get out of my house, my yard and my life ......and take your frickin smart meter with ya........I don't know what ya call that person, but I'm hoping enough of us are left to stand together and then have the stones to stand up and say ....no more. I'm done.

• Upvote 4

I'm no psychologist, but I have noticed that quite a few posts have taken a turn toward the UGLY. What's up with that? If you truly believe that there is a profound difference between parties, you have been living in a cave. Lately, I have noticed more and more "hate" towards others on this site. As if calling someone a name or labeling them will change the course of events. Hey, venting is one thing, but blantly calling discrediting someone for having an opposite view point is CHILDISH. What's next, "I know you are, but what am I?" BS?!? So you dont like Obummer or whomever the PTB annointed to office. You voted for the other gal/guy. You just want to be "left alone". Good! I want the same for my family and life. However, NEITHER party will leave us alone. Neither party offers a solution to the problems that beset the country. Why? because they are PART of the problem. As I have stated in earlier posts, this is the PLAN. Follow me? It is the plan to have the commoners (mundanes, as Lew Rockwell likes to call us) fight amongs ourselves. It is the PLAN to dumb-down the popuation into thinking there is a difference between a kick to the nuts or a punch to the groin. Dunno, I think both hurt equally. Having differences in opinions is GREAT. Having to start calling people names/labels is, in debate forum, called "losing the argument". I enjoy reading all the different stuff I see in here. Helps make my day at work go by with a little more interest and, hopefully, seeing different view point being offered. BUT, this crap about all those "stinkin liberals, commies or right-wing nazis" is nothing but a label. Is this what you teach your children? "Hey, if that dude doesnt agree with you, then call him a name! that'll show em! Getting the last word in always wins an agrument..." It is similar to talking louder if someone doesnt understand what you are saying to begin with. Yeah, yell what you are saying, that'll make it clearer! Good god almight. So, you might take offense to what I just wrote. Sorry. But all those "negative vibes, Morerity" (Kelly's Heroes-love that movie) doesnt help your discussion. OK, I am done VENTING. Again, I meant no offense to anyone here in DV. Dunno, just saying.... trying to stay Peaceful

• Upvote 5

Pssssssssttttttt dude, buddy, pal.... don't quote this guy again.... his stuff is considered gratuitous poo poo by doctors who do actual research, and its not the best thing you could quote in support of your argument....

"Little known and self promoting psychiatrist Dr. Lyle Rossiter has released a new book entitled "The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness". Most of its claims are not so subtle reversals of the conclusions reached by four distinguished scholars that were funded by the US Government in a study to discover the roots of conservatism.The report "Political Conservatism as Motivated Social Cognition" cost $1.2 million and was supervised by the National Foundation as well as the National Institutes of Health. It found that conservatism is essentially a set of neuroses rooted in "fear and aggression, dogmatism and the intolerance of ambiguity".In an article published in the highly respected peer reviewed scholarly journal "Psychological Bulletin" the authors state:"

This intolerance of ambiguity can lead people to cling to the familiar, to arrive at premature conclusions, and to impose simplistic cliches and stereotypes."

I'm not going to add any more of the commentary or review as my intention is not to debate or oppose his view. The critiques of his methods, highlighted by his contrived caricatures set up as straw men to debase,.... opens up all kinds of nasty, destructive, polemics that serve no one and if anything, brings attention to the more ugly side of political fighting rooted in childish name calling using grown up words.

I personally believe he violated the ethical responsibilities of his license to practice whether or not his focus was conservatives, libertarians, liberals or green peace and I'm with others who see his loss of professional ethical objectivity as perhaps being compromised to the point it may well result in Board actions restricting his practice.... (meaning he could write books and opinions all day long, but could no longer treat patients... like Joyce Brothers, or what's his name )

Rayzur - Another of your intelligent posts....thanks for saving me the trouble!

I was accused of telling conservatives how to live - I was actually describing what the Common Good might be, in my opinion, for us all.

This is what happens in healthy debate. Gee, I wonder what is best to do in this case...and we discuss.

Moving away from solving problems with guns - do we tell our kids to fight on the playground to get along or get their way? Or do we tell them to work it out other ways?

This seems to be the big difference. No one that I know tells their kids that fighting is the best way to solve their problems. But I don't hang out with conservatives.

Fighting in the playground becomes fighting in the world, as adults. They know no other way.

Edited by hame55
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Listen man, I don't remember ever telling you how to live or how to act, just because I agree with the president that something needs to be done with gun control so our kids can grow in a safer enviroment, I happen to think Bloomberg is stepping over the line too. I can tell you I live a lot happier than you do, I don't worry about things out of my control and you obviously do, and I'm sorry to break it to you but the government is involved in everything you do wether you like it or not.

you asked me to leave you alone but if I remember correctly you started with me so I should ask you to leave me alone and let me live the way I see fit .

Your statement in a previous thread was that someone must live a miserable life because of the gun they had in their hand in their picture...... Your words not mine. Now, was this statement directed at me? No, but it was directed at a fellow conservative like myself and its high time we conservatives joined together and defended our right to life. When you guys leave us alone, we leave you guys alone.

I'mw not going to add any more of the commentary or review as my intention is not to debate or oppose his view. The critiques of his methods, highlighted by his contrived caricatures set up as straw men to debase,.... opens up all kinds of nasty, destructive, polemics that serve no one and if anything, brings attention to the more ugly side of political fighting rooted in childish name calling using grown up words.

So your rebuttal of this guys science is to use the rebuttal of some liberal scientists? The very people who most assuredly got offended by the book in the first place? That's like asking Al Gore to respond to scientists who refute man caused global warming.

• Upvote 2

Facts are facts. The vast majority of those in Off Topics believe their way is the only way and will not tolerate discussion. It is a two-way streets folks......though some of us move in the lane less traveled. This is my opinion only. If name calling, finger pointing, or my dad can take your dad, is your only defense......you need not respond. dry.gif

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 1

I'm no psychologist, but I have noticed that quite a few posts have taken a turn toward the UGLY. What's up with that? If you truly believe that there is a profound difference between parties, you have been living in a cave. Lately, I have noticed more and more "hate" towards others on this site. As if calling someone a name or labeling them will change the course of events. Hey, venting is one thing, but blantly calling discrediting someone for having an opposite view point is CHILDISH. What's next, "I know you are, but what am I?" BS?!? So you dont like Obummer or whomever the PTB annointed to office. You voted for the other gal/guy. You just want to be "left alone". Good! I want the same for my family and life. However, NEITHER party will leave us alone. Neither party offers a solution to the problems that beset the country. Why? because they are PART of the problem. As I have stated in earlier posts, this is the PLAN. Follow me? It is the plan to have the commoners (mundanes, as Lew Rockwell likes to call us) fight amongs ourselves. It is the PLAN to dumb-down the popuation into thinking there is a difference between a kick to the nuts or a punch to the groin. Dunno, I think both hurt equally. Having differences in opinions is GREAT. Having to start calling people names/labels is, in debate forum, called "losing the argument". I enjoy reading all the different stuff I see in here. Helps make my day at work go by with a little more interest and, hopefully, seeing different view point being offered. BUT, this crap about all those "stinkin liberals, commies or right-wing nazis" is nothing but a label. Is this what you teach your children? "Hey, if that dude doesnt agree with you, then call him a name! that'll show em! Getting the last word in always wins an agrument..." It is similar to talking louder if someone doesnt understand what you are saying to begin with. Yeah, yell what you are saying, that'll make it clearer! Good god almight. So, you might take offense to what I just wrote. Sorry. But all those "negative vibes, Morerity" (Kelly's Heroes-love that movie) doesnt help your discussion. OK, I am done VENTING. Again, I meant no offense to anyone here in DV. Dunno, just saying.... trying to stay Peaceful

I agree.... I never stated "republican" vs "democrat"..... I stated modern liberal and conservative view points on life..... Can we see a correlation of those viewpoints in politics? Yes, but more so on the local level than national. Once someone makes it to Washington DC, they find the corruption so deep that they typically fall in themselves or are like a grain of sand on the beach with no ability to effect change. As for the 2 differing views being shown on the local level.... Compare Texas to California...... Enough said!!!!

Facts are facts. The vast majority of those in Off Topics believe their way is the only way and will not tolerate discussion. It is a two-way streets folks......though some of us move in the lane less traveled. This is my opinion only. If name calling, finger pointing, or my dad can take your dad, is your only defense......you need not respond. dry.gif

GO RV, then BV

I welcome discussion Shabs..... I am happy to debate the facts but understand that because we all come with preconceived notions and facts from our own lives that can and do back up what we say and think, things can get heated.... I for one like the heat!!!

I agree.... I never stated "republican" vs "democrat"..... I stated modern liberal and conservative view points on life..... Can we see a correlation of those viewpoints in politics? Yes, but more so on the local level than national. Once someone makes it to Washington DC, they find the corruption so deep that they typically fall in themselves or are like a grain of sand on the beach with no ability to effect change. As for the 2 differing views being shown on the local level.... Compare Texas to California...... Enough said!!!!

I welcome discussion Shabs..... I am happy to debate the facts but understand that because we all come with preconceived notions and facts from our own lives that can and do back up what we say and think, things can get heated.... I for one like the heat!!!

I know you like discussion stone. That's the reason I don't shy away from your posts. I get fed up with someone calling another person a Liberal in the context that it's this bad thing. (FOR SOME, IT'S THE WORST) Look, if that person is a liberal, it doesn't hurt their feelings, so why state the obvious? I got put on time-out last week for an off color statement on another thread. It wasn't my best work, but in my opinion it wasn't offensive. Yet, others come on here and call people morons and idiots and nothing is done about that. This in turn sends these threads right down the toilet. I question if freedom of speech is really afforded everybody on this forum, or only those in the majority. I have seen many come and go because of the continued harassment. I myself, dig it here. But, it can be daunting at times. Rant complete......starting to ramble. biggrin.gif

GO RV, then BV

Rayzur - Another of your intelligent posts....thanks for saving me the trouble!

I was accused of telling conservatives how to live - I was actually describing what the Common Good might be, in my opinion, for us all.

This is what happens in healthy debate. Gee, I wonder what is best to do in this case...and we discuss.

Moving away from solving problems with guns - do we tell our kids to fight on the playground to get along or get their way? Or do we tell them to work it out other ways?

This seems to be the big difference. No one that I know tells their kids that fighting is the best way to solve their problems. But I don't hang out with conservatives.

Fighting in the playground becomes fighting in the world, as adults. They know no other way.

Great analogy Hame.... Let me give you this conservatives response to the playground scenario.... I have 6 kids ranging from 21 down to 5, I've faced this before! I have taught my kids to use their intellect and not their brawn. Find a way to defuse the situation as best you can until you can get someone with authority to handle things and protect you. However, I have also taught them how to protect themselves because I know evil exists in this world and they may very well have to defend themselves from someone who is not interested in peace! The worst thing I could do is make them believe that peace is attainable in all situations. Then one day they come home after having the crap kicked out of them and they are mad at me for not telling them the truth about life!

Think back historically.... Chamberlain tried to make peace with Hitler through appeasement..... Did that stop WWII from happening? We have had talk after talk with North Korea..... Has that stopped them from building nukes and threatening America? How about the people in the movie theatre in Aurora, Colorado?? Could they have stopped that situation by talking the gunman into peace???? Sometimes you have to meet evil where it is and make a stand!! In order to be able to do that, you have to know how and you have to be equipped with tools that help you be successful.

My, my, my SW67! Do you not understand that you are being politically incorrect!!! Shame on you for wanting to have a life and to question Tony and Hame for knowing what is best for you. Do you always disrespect we liberals this way? My goodness, all that anger young man, we should probably take your guns and your ability to purchase guns, knives, scissors or any other objects that may protect yourself from we folks that know what's best for you. You do understand now with all of YOUR anger that you are not able to make an emotional decision the way we would like you to. Let us see if we can gather up some of our liberal psychics to see if we can send some spirits or I mean good vibes your way. In the mean time, stay away from the computer and definitely put that Bible down, surely it has messed you up!!!

I don't know what they said but for them to get a response from you like this it had to be good. (I'm attempting to be humorous) Stonewall, what the heck did they say dude? I can only imagine the pomp and arrogance of their statement.

P.S. I made a suggestion a week ago or so that you consider running for political office one day (soon), have you considered it or have you ever considered running for office sw67? I think with the education you've mentioned in the past and reading your responses here on DV at times that you do reason things out well and we sure could use folks with your mind and your walk with God in politics. I'm reminded of Dr Carson when I read some of your post. By the way, if you do run for office, I need a job! :Dsrc="http://dinarvets.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif">

Take care and God bless dude.

I've got a brother-in-law and an aunt in politics. One on the local scale and the other national.... I would prefer to get in their ear than to run myself. Effect change one life at a time where I stand..... That's my contribution!

• Upvote 2

Great analogy Hame.... Let me give you this conservatives response to the playground scenario.... I have 6 kids ranging from 21 down to 5, I've faced this before! I have taught my kids to use their intellect and not their brawn. Find a way to defuse the situation as best you can until you can get someone with authority to handle things and protect you. However, I have also taught them how to protect themselves because I know evil exists in this world and they may very well have to defend themselves from someone who is not interested in peace! The worst thing I could do is make them believe that peace is attainable in all situations. Then one day they come home after having the crap kicked out of them and they are mad at me for not telling them the truth about life!

Think back historically.... Chamberlain tried to make peace with Hitler through appeasement..... Did that stop WWII from happening? We have had talk after talk with North Korea..... Has that stopped them from building nukes and threatening America? How about the people in the movie theatre in Aurora, Colorado?? Could they have stopped that situation by talking the gunman into peace???? Sometimes you have to meet evil where it is and make a stand!! In order to be able to do that, you have to know how and you have to be equipped with tools that help you be successful.

I've got a brother-in-law and an aunt in politics. One on the local scale and the other national.... I would prefer to get in their ear than to run myself. Effect change one life at a time where I stand..... That's my contribution!

Goodpost67-I think Igeneralized about your position - you are right - they have tofight sometimes - just not most of the time

Frankly they see Bush solving the Saddam problem by bombing - and he stopped the UN from searching for WMD - in order to invade.

That's using violence to pursue an agenda of resource takeover.

Thanks for debating civilly and not calling names

Freakin awesome post stone! That can't be said any better. As good as your post is, it still wont get through to some people because they dont have the guts to stand up against evil even when their families are threatened. Let alone to stand up against this government!

I know you like discussion stone. That's the reason I don't shy away from your posts. I get fed up with someone calling another person a Liberal in the context that it's this bad thing. (FOR SOME, IT'S THE WORST) Look, if that person is a liberal, it doesn't hurt their feelings, so why state the obvious? I got put on time-out last week for an off color statement on another thread. It wasn't my best work, but in my opinion it wasn't offensive. Yet, others come on here and call people morons and idiots and nothing is done about that. This in turn sends these threads right down the toilet. I question if freedom of speech is really afforded everybody on this forum, or only those in the majority. I have seen many come and go because of the continued harassment. I myself, dig it here. But, it can be daunting at times. Rant complete......starting to ramble. biggrin.gif

GO RV, then BV

True, there's nothing wrong with debating or dis-agreeing with your fellow citizens. Sometimes each of us let our passions get the best of us and we have to "check" ourselves. Debates are great when we do it with respect for one another even if we DO NOT agree. With Respect. :)

• Upvote 1

Goodpost67-I think Igeneralized about your position - you are right - they have tofight sometimes - just not most of the time

Frankly they see Bush solving the Saddam problem by bombing - and he stopped the UN from searching for WMD - in order to invade.

That's using violence to pursue an agenda of resource takeover.

Thanks for debating civilly and not calling names

For 10 years following the removal of Saddam from Kuwait, the US, along with numerous other partner countries tried to negotiate with Saddam. His answer was to constantly thumb his nose at negotiations, sanctions and so forth. In those 10 years, he ordered the shooting down of numerous UN jets in the no fly zone, harbored terrorist and committed atrocities against his countrymen..... I would think that 10 years of negotiations was enough. At some point, someone had to take down the evil dictator. Please don't fail to remember that the US was not the only country involved in doing so. Canada, England, Germany etc. all plaid a part. It was not just "BUSH'S WAR"!!!

Careful Hame..... Your falling into the trap of generalizing the opposition. That same trap that Tony screamed against!

They can't bring those weapons with them.......that's illegal. tongue.gif

GO RV, then BV

Do you know who armed most of those guys...... Yup.. The good ole USA! Obama armed the oposition in Egypt, Lybia and Syria. Guess who those guys were! The Muslim Brotherhood.... aka Al Quaida!!! How did that work out for us?? Hame.... I thought the liberal mindset was peace and conversation over violence?!?!?!

Hell, if you go to South Texas thats exactly the way it looks now. Obummer & company says its the safest its ever been on the border!

Ah.... our border with Mexico... That's a safe place isn't it!!!!!! Mexico! The land of total gun control and gun regulation! Law abiding citizens are not allowed to own anything but a single shot shotgun and only that after they pass background checks, pass tests and jump through a mile of bureaucracy. How many people killed in Mexico in recent years??? How about 55,000!!!!!!

Edited by stonewall67

For 10 years following the removal of Saddam from Kuwait, the US, along with numerous other partner countries tried to negotiate with Saddam. His answer was to constantly thumb his nose at negotiations, sanctions and so forth. In those 10 years, he ordered the shooting down of numerous UN jets in the no fly zone, harbored terrorist and committed atrocities against his countrymen..... I would think that 10 years of negotiations was enough. At some point, someone had to take down the evil dictator. Please don't fail to remember that the US was not the only country involved in doing so. Canada, England, Germany etc. all plaid a part. It was not just "BUSH'S WAR"!!!

Careful Hame..... Your falling into the trap of generalizing the opposition. That same trap that Tony screamed against!

Do you know who armed most of those guys...... Yup.. The good ole USA! Obama armed the oposition in Egypt, Lybia and Syria. Guess who those guys were! The Muslim Brotherhood.... aka Al Quaida!!! How did that work out for us?? Hame.... I thought the liberal mindset was peace and conversation over violence?!?!?!

Exactly......they just gave 16 f-16s, and 200 abrams tanks to the muslim brotherhood in egypt. yet they want to take guns from americans. not happening here

Just as we armed Osama Bin Laden against Russia, or Saddam against Iran........much like styrafoam, weapons don't decompose for quite some time. ohmy.gif

GO RV, then BV