Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Smoke screens and misdirection

Zman6

47 members have voted

1. 1. Does Iraq purposely release articles with false information to confuse and misdirect Dinar investors?

• Yes
    • No

When it comes to foreign currency I'm really not a believer of government conspiracy theories, smoke screens, misdirection or posturing (that one always makes me chuckle). And I'm not naive to think that a government is going to pre-announce any appreciation in there currency.

But every time an article comes out that talks about an RD, removal of zeros or issuing larger notes the majority of the responses believe this is just Iraq trying to throw investors off.

And if an article is interpreted to mean a RV then it's the truth.

I like to consider my self open minded and am wondering if anyone can provide proof of Iraq doing the latter mentioned?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

<<< looks like a pre announcement

you dont think even a small rv like the one talked about in this post a couple weeks ago was true ?

or the possibility of a small rv preannounced would be a good tool to de-dollar the streets of iraq ?

i was thinking if they wanted to de dollarize iraq and they announce a rv ahead of time would make iraqis hold their dinars and not buy dollars .. it seems their dollar auctions have been getting smaller latly .. i dont know . but this article seems to preanounce a small rv...11.66% increase .. but theres no dates given ,, which means it could be smoke ... but it makes sense to me to hold the rate for a couple years .. instead of bringing up the dinar value a pip at a time .. then pre anounce a small rv to get people to turn in their dollars for dinars in anticipation of rv . and those dolars collected could be added to the reserves before the rv .. who knows ... i wonder why the rates didnt move over the last 3 years ,,its not like iraq has been going backwards ,, they are growing in wealth

Edited by dontlop

Thanks for the reply DL, gotta be honest, this article has me scratching my head. I think this is a case of poor translation which happens a lot.

"adding that the government is seeking to have that exchange rate 1000 dinars to the dollar in the sense that the price of the currency class hundred dollars a hundred thousand Iraqi dinars and that any improvement in the political situation of could contribute to make this happen faster"

Trying to understand this phrase, I take it to mean that there goal is to have 100 dollars equal 1000 dinars, but who knows when?

And this why I think the arabic to english translation is so poor. Why would Iraq state there intention of a 15% gain in the future? With all the big currency traders in the world, don't you think they would be scooping up every available Dinar for that kind of profit? I don't see how this helps them.

But I don't claim to have the answer. Thats an interesting article you brought up and I appreciate your view point!

Thanks for the reply DL, gotta be honest, this article has me scratching my head. I think this is a case of poor translation which happens a lot.

"adding that the government is seeking to have that exchange rate 1000 dinars to the dollar in the sense that the price of the currency class hundred dollars a hundred thousand Iraqi dinars and that any improvement in the political situation of could contribute to make this happen faster"

Trying to understand this phrase, I take it to mean that there goal is to have 100 dollars equal 1000 dinars, but who knows when?

And this why I think the arabic to english translation is so poor. Why would Iraq state there intention of a 15% gain in the future? With all the big currency traders in the world, don't you think they would be scooping up every available Dinar for that kind of profit? I don't see how this helps them.

But I don't claim to have the answer. Thats an interesting article you brought up and I appreciate your view point!

yes the every avaliable dinar part .. but the dinar is not internationally exchangable at this time .. they would have to go thru a currency dealer and pay 1000 per million .. so their gains are not going to meet the 11.66% gains .. i wont be selling mine before hand .

if it were internationally tradable on the open forex .. yes every dinar would be scooped up if any country made such an announcement

but if you lived in iraq .. and your govt told you that at this time .. wouldnt you cash in your dollars for dinars ... . it could be part of a larger scheme to de- dollarize iraq .. and where would all those dinars end up ? .. the cbi foriegn reserves .. how many dollars are in the business community in iraq is anyones guess .. 10 years of dollars flowing in iraq .. it could be 50 billion on the streets .. it could be 300 billion ..

that would be a nice addition to their reserves before they apply digital banking and possibly rv their currency

they been holding auctions for years selling dollars ..

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1

yes the every avaliable dinar part .. but the dinar is not internationally exchangable at this time .. they would have to go thru a currency dealer and pay 1000 per million .. so their gains are not going to meet the 11.66% gains .. i wont be selling mine before hand .

if it were internationally tradable on the open forex .. yes every dinar would be scooped up if any country made such an announcement

but if you lived in iraq .. and your govt told you that at this time .. wouldnt you cash in your dollars for dinars ... . it could be part of a larger scheme to de- dollarize iraq .. and where would all those dollars end up ? .. the cbi foriegn reserves .. how many dollars are in the business community in iraq is anyones guess .. 10 years of dollars flowing in iraq .. it could be 50 billion on the streets .. it could be 300 billion ..

that would be a nice addition to their reserves before they apply digital banking and possibly rv their currency

they been holding auctions for years selling dollars ..

correction in bold

Edited by dontlop

If there is to be a rv, i would expect smoke and mirrors. but then i think, with all the chaos and unrest, thats enough to smoke out dinar investors, so why manipulate and confuse citizens your trying to educate on currency reform??

They definitely have missed a lot of deadlines theyve set for themselves. is that because of the real political chaos, setting back the currency reform?? Or is everything lining up, yet they keep changing tune to confuse dinar holders? Really thats a hard question to answer.

• Upvote 1

Little info on Standard Charted Bank and this article Dubai eligible to be a regional center for dealing in Chinese currency

Standard Chartered: trade settlement "RMB" reduces the risk of currency fluctuations and Standard Chartered is preparing to work in Iraq

British Standard Chartered Bank plans to open three new branches in Iraq

Neg all you want till the cows come home... :lol:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just an observation from what i have noticed over the years.......

Anything negative is taken as a lie and not true or "misdirection".......

Anything positive is taken as absolute fact and imminent......

Go figure......

exactly what happens when you emotionally root for an outcome

• Upvote 3

You asked & everyone gives you an opinion. So with that said I will throw my :twocents:/> .

This is just my opinion & only my opinion so to say it is the right one or not we will have to wait & see what Iraq does.

In that article that talks about moving to 1000-1 I feel is a move in the right direction for us ( just a small move yes but a forward move it is). I also feel that it is the start of the float which the C.B.I . has talked about in a few articles where it showed a power point of the monetary policy.

So we wait & see if I am right with my opinion in any way. but any move forward is good even if it is baby steps.

Edited by whatsthis
  • Upvote 1

When it comes to foreign currency I'm really not a believer of government conspiracy theories, smoke screens, misdirection or posturing (that one always makes me chuckle). And I'm not naive to think that a government is going to pre-announce any appreciation in there currency.

But every time an article comes out that talks about an RD, removal of zeros or issuing larger notes the majority of the responses believe this is just Iraq trying to throw investors off.

And if an article is interpreted to mean a RV then it's the truth.

I like to consider my self open minded and am wondering if anyone can provide proof of Iraq doing the latter mentioned?

I don't believe anything any Gov entity puts forth. For proof all you have to do is look in your own backyard(USA). Regardless of what you believe(RV or RD/LOP) there is'nt proof in my mind that they will do anything definitive. My take is you appear to have made up your mind and this post/discussion is rather fruitless-peace.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I don't believe anything any Gov entity puts forth. For proof all you have to do is look in your own backyard(USA). Regardless of what you believe(RV or RD/LOP) there is'nt proof in my mind that they will do anything definitive. My take is you appear to have made up your mind and this post/discussion is rather fruitless-peace.

Of course governments lie including ours, but thats another subject. I'm refering specifically to "smoke screens" and "misdirection" accusations that so many like to quote when a negative article is released.

I haven't made up my mind totally, I like to think of myself being open minded, I've sold off a fair amount of my Dinar and am on the fence if I'm going to let remaining ride in case I'm wrong. Sorry you think this discussion is frutless, but hearing both sides of an argument with an open mind works for me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Go figure......

Thats simply because the negative news or opinion undermines hope. There is a lot riding on this investment by a lot of people who really need it to happen so it stands to reason they could get a bit prickly.

• Upvote 2

Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Faith is a good thing to have, even if it is just believing that a currency will revalue. The thing most Christians seem to forget, though, is faith doesn't come with a time frame. Christians believe, by faith, that Jesus will return. They have accepted that there is no time frame and believed that concept by faith for 2,000 years. But those same Christians seem determined that their faith in a Dinar RV comes with a time frame. Which doesn't, in the end, seem like faith, at all.

Will it RV? Who knows. Will it RV soon? Who knows. It is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Jesus was to return, soon.

lol you got that right

To be fair and balanced,the exact same could be said for RD/LOPsters. When something is presented that supports their beliefs its gospel or fact. There are some on either side of the coin that won't budge an inch in they're thinking,thus in my opinion lies the problem.-peace

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Faith is a good thing to have, even if it is just believing that a currency will revalue. The thing most Christians seem to forget, though, is faith doesn't come with a time frame. Christians believe, by faith, that Jesus will return. They have accepted that there is no time frame and believed that concept by faith for 2,000 years. But those same Christians seem determined that their faith in a Dinar RV comes with a time frame. Which doesn't, in the end, seem like faith, at all.

Will it RV? Who knows. Will it RV soon? Who knows. It is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Jesus was to return, soon.

I mean no disrespect but what does faith have to do with smoke screens and misdirection which so many here believe we are being fed by a non Christian Iraqi government?

Go figure......

in the world of optimism ... thats just the way it is

• Upvote 1

To be fair and balanced,the exact same could be said for RD/LOPsters. When something is presented that supports their beliefs its gospel or fact. There are some on either side of the coin that won't budge an inch in they're thinking,thus in my opinion lies the problem.-peace

I wasnt even picking a RV/RD side.....was being objective and just pointing out what is seen no matter the mindset of the person.....

At least for me, when I see something positive, I can only hope they are being truthful....and when I see something negative, I can only hope they are not being truthful.....

I think we all hope that when we read something positive that its true.....but a lot are too quick to dismiss something as a smoke screen if it doesnt line up with what we want....

You know all too well how it goes lol....

• Upvote 3