Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Doctors vs. Guns

getherdone

Accidental Deaths

A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians

per year are

© Accidental deaths per physician

is

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept. of

Health and Human Services.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now think about this:

Guns

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S.

is

(Yes, that's 80 million)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths

per year, all age groups,

is

© The number of accidental deaths

per gun owner

is

Statistics courtesy of FBI

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So, statistically, doctors are approximately

9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN,

BUT

Almost everyone has at least one doctor.

This means you are over 9,000 times more likely to be killed by a doctor as by a gun owner!

Please alert your friends

to this

alarming threat.

We must ban doctors

before this gets completely out of hand!

Out of concern for the public at large,

We withheld the statistics on

lawyers

for fear the shock would cause

people to panic and seek medical attention

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I'm no medical expert..wait, yes! I am! I'm a doctor! Wow, finally a topic I can speak about with some edgea-ma-kay-son!! Many doctors are very dangerous folks. Why? because they are unwilling or just plain full-o-themselves to consider other things outside of medical school and CME's (which BOTH are funded by the pharma God). AND, in an emergency/life-or-death situation, that is PERFECTLY fine. Outside of that, good god almight. I have seen docs prescribe meds/procedures that make absolutely ZERO sense. And, they have the gaul to give an opinion about something they know ZERO about! "Acupuncture? Hmmm. I dont know if THAT will work. I dont think you should waste your time with that and it might have a side-effect..." No lie. The other crap I hear from my colleagues is, "Well, all your tests are normal, so I dont think there is anything wrong with you. Here, take this _____ (fill in the blank with some nonsense unrelated to your complaints) and let me know if you still have ____ (whatever was bothering you)." Yeah, 6 years med school to learn to say that! Wow, I could rant for hours. But, I wont bore you. Needless-to-say, this information isnt that far off the mark. Ban doctors before they hurt more! Better yet, ban Pharmo-god from funding all those schools and CME courses and start teaching docs to treat people better! Dunno, just saying.........Peace and for the docs who actually care about their patients, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! :D:P

• Upvote 5

I'm no medical expert..wait, yes! I am! I'm a doctor! Wow, finally a topic I can speak about with some edgea-ma-kay-son!! Many doctors are very dangerous folks. Why? because they are unwilling or just plain full-o-themselves to consider other things outside of medical school and CME's (which BOTH are funded by the pharma God). AND, in an emergency/life-or-death situation, that is PERFECTLY fine. Outside of that, good god almight. I have seen docs prescribe meds/procedures that make absolutely ZERO sense. And, they have the gaul to give an opinion about something they know ZERO about! "Acupuncture? Hmmm. I dont know if THAT will work. I dont think you should waste your time with that and it might have a side-effect..." No lie. The other crap I hear from my colleagues is, "Well, all your tests are normal, so I dont think there is anything wrong with you. Here, take this _____ (fill in the blank with some nonsense unrelated to your complaints) and let me know if you still have ____ (whatever was bothering you)." Yeah, 6 years med school to learn to say that! Wow, I could rant for hours. But, I wont bore you. Needless-to-say, this information isnt that far off the mark. Ban doctors before they hurt more! Better yet, ban Pharmo-god from funding all those schools and CME courses and start teaching docs to treat people better! Dunno, just saying.........Peace and for the docs who actually care about their patients, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! :D/>/> :P/>/>

So refreshing to hear. I know of a few medical professionals (actually met a couple at a convention for a cellular level redox signalling supplement) who will also tell you the same thing. One is a 35 year practicing board certified Family Practice physician...and he told me doctors are really not trained to cure people anymore - just to treat symptoms. That is one of the scarier things I've heard once I stopped to think about it.

Something else to think about - deaths from side effects of prescription drugs has tripled between 1998 and 2005. 89,842 serous incidents involving side effects were reported to the FDA in 2005, 15,107 of those resulted in death. Think Big Pharma and the FDA have your best interest at hearts? Guess again. Event he World Health Oganization has a problem with the way pharmacerutical companies market their products http://www.who.int/trade/glossary/story073/en/index.html

OK - guess I can get off my soap box for now...

First, thank you for all the pluses. I really appreciate that. Yeah, one of the reasons I left the US was because of the fact I COULDNT practice health care! I always had to "look over my shoulder" whenever I told someone something outside of the SOC (standard of care-which is a complete JOKE). For example, if I told you what a complete and utter lie the cholesterol MYTH is and you got a heart attack (and it wouldnt be from saturated fats or cholesterol), you'd report me and a board would investigate what I SAID and throw me under the bus! I've had other docs threaten me just for giving my opinion (that was far contrary to party-line). Really? I have attended conferences and when I started asking questions about the reality of what we are being taught, I was told to "sit down and shut up!" (now, being an EX-Marine and martial arts instructor, that has never gone over well with me. I was "removed" one time for standing my ground and challenging anyone in the room to make me shut up). So, when you can control the education, the follow-up education and even the future livelihood of someone, they either meekly follow along, quit or do what I did-get the hell outta the place. Sad, but true. There is little health care in the west. There is a TON of SICK CARE. Listen, folks, as a doctor, I am telling you (no, begging you): avoid doctors (if possible), seek your own health (when possible, of course), listen to your body, EAT PROPERLY (that is #1), exercise and BE HAPPY. I think we have enough stress in life. Cheers and may health be with you all. Dunno, just saying....

I'm no medical expert..wait, yes! I am! I'm a doctor! Wow, finally a topic I can speak about with some edgea-ma-kay-son!! Many doctors are very dangerous folks. Why? because they are unwilling or just plain full-o-themselves to consider other things outside of medical school and CME's (which BOTH are funded by the pharma God). AND, in an emergency/life-or-death situation, that is PERFECTLY fine. Outside of that, good god almight. I have seen docs prescribe meds/procedures that make absolutely ZERO sense. And, they have the gaul to give an opinion about something they know ZERO about! "Acupuncture? Hmmm. I dont know if THAT will work. I dont think you should waste your time with that and it might have a side-effect..." No lie. The other crap I hear from my colleagues is, "Well, all your tests are normal, so I dont think there is anything wrong with you. Here, take this _____ (fill in the blank with some nonsense unrelated to your complaints) and let me know if you still have ____ (whatever was bothering you)." Yeah, 6 years med school to learn to say that! Wow, I could rant for hours. But, I wont bore you. Needless-to-say, this information isnt that far off the mark. Ban doctors before they hurt more! Better yet, ban Pharmo-god from funding all those schools and CME courses and start teaching docs to treat people better! Dunno, just saying.........Peace and for the docs who actually care about their patients, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! biggrin.giftongue.gif

I'm going to have to go with the insurance companies as being far more egregious than the Pharm gods.... the new way around deliberate indifference is now called Evidence Based.... I think cause it sounds more technical than calling it horse shi*t. And honestly... the frickin QM gods, think it means I prescribed something, it worked, there is your evidence, versus a fully operationalized methodologically framed research study with controls... Managed care? ........Rand, Merck and probably chipper chipmunk have all come out with the lovely matrices from hell.... If it doesn't follow some decision tree, you need to spend 5 mins with patient and 20 minutes writing up why despite it not following tree would you want to nonetheless do it. Constant requests for over rides.... at a zillion dollars in time, for a 6 cent Benadryl pill... Medicine has become checklist chimpanzees, .....following protocols designed by nurses, with completely different thresholds of liability, query, or responsibility. Showing that you care in managed care, for some means at personal expense to health and well being, as that is not the norm. I've a couple friends I'm trying to unscrew from the ceiling right now over this very issue. They are actually on the CEO spitlist because basically they care and they're good. I dont think their patients know how much hell they go through having to advocate for their ability to treat them as they know best.... Its time for most of the old school folk to retire. It will become too impossible to reconcile in the next few years....

And according the NEJH, doctors are the 3rd leading cause of death in the US......

The guns are way out ahead winning in terms of just numbers alone...biggrin.gif

PS Do you still practice? Are you looking for Boarded partners biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Lets do lunch biggrin.gif

Hahahaha. Yes, I do. However, I work at a university hospital which is becoming integrative. So, all those hassles which beset me in the past, are well..in the past. Have lunch with you either way, however, just need get over here!

Also, I think that govt allowing a monopoly on various aspect of "health care" is another scam in of itself. Thanks for your reply. I plan on staying "in practice" till I cant see. :D :D :D :D

Cheers

• Upvote 1