Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I bet no one saw this coming!!!!

steveinfla

Monday, 11 February, 2013

0 Comments and 0 Reactions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BAGHDAD / NINA / The MP, of the Iraqiya coalition, Mudher al-Janabi ruled out vote on the federal budget of 2013 at today’s meeting of the House of Representatives.

He said in a statement to the National Iraqi News Agency / NINA /: “The vote on the budget needs consensus among the political blocs,” adding: “There are differences on the budget, some are political and others are demands for some blocs, in addition to the demands of citizens that are unmet.”

He added: “The budget needs to further study and debate in the Finance Committee to avoid any gaps. This will delay the vote, in addition to the absence of suitable political atmosphere for the vote on the budget at today’s meeting.”

It is scheduled that the state budget will be voted on today’s session after being postponed more than once for the incompatibility among the political blocs. / End

http://www.ninanews.com/english/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=GGDLHD

If anyone here has dealt with the Arab mentality, you would know that making any solid and/or quick decision is against their culture. I deal with them on a daily basis and I can tell you that agreeing on anything and I mean anything is nearly impossible. I work for a major government entity which trains military pilots and we go months without ANY solid decision making. The GOI is filled with several factions with hidden agendas and corruption. It is not surprising that these delays continue. There was a White Paper written several years ago by a Colonel attending the War College detailing why Arabs have not and will never win wars - They simply can not make decisions which affect success. Unlike American companies which will invest 50 million in one fiscal year to facilitate growth, the Arab culture will invest 1 million for 50 years. They are a lazy culture which literally believes with every fiber of their existence that Allah's will is the only guiding force. As a matter of fact, they finish most sentences with the Arabic phrase - "In sha Allah" ("If God wills it.") It can be very frustrating, as one might imagine.

• Upvote 4

I have always said the budget will not pass until the HCL is resolved as that deals with how much the people will get and art 140 implemented as that deals with what the provinces will get and the taking of land and displaced people, the rate will not appear in the budget because a dinar is a dinar, is a dinar---the change of value is for the international level--it just reflects added buying power incountry it is still a dinar if you don't have these mechanisms in place how can you have a budget---this is what they are fighting about---we know what the solution is , it doesn't need a genius to figure out what the real hold up is!

• Upvote 1

The passing of the budget does mean a great deal to the people and GOI, but it has very little to do with an RV. Each year they debate, change, examine, and finally pass a budget; albeit three to six months late. And we or sucked into their wrangling and hope that it means an RV is close. Oh, I hope it is close, but I doubt whether it has anything to do with the passing of the budget. We have not had a budget for several years but it does not hinder the US Government from manipulating the value of the dollar, and functioning as a nation.

A better place to look for confirmation of an RV is the CBI . . . and a call from Adam. WHEN or HOW MUCH or who has the latest detail that will be another "block" in structuring a price and timetable produces no light. It's interesting and instructive in one's knowledge of Iraq and currency and how the GOI functions, but I personally find it frustrating and futile.

Ok, I know I will draw some negs with this post, but that's my opinion. I had rather spend my time planning for the eventual reality of the RV. Go RV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!