Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

MED DISCUSSES HIS TALK WITH SONNY 2-9-13

UNEEK

This chat is Med sharing about his conversation with Sonny last night - So for what its worth here you go folks -

Med says to (09:29:36): LAST NIGHT I HAD A LONG TALK WITH MY GOOD BUD SONNY - WE DISCUSSED JUST WHAT IS OUR OPTIONS WHICH ARE NONE LOL BUT HONESTLY....IS THERE A FUTURE FOR THE DINAR

FIRST OFF THE NOTIONS THAT IT IS A SCAM I HAVE PUT TO REST MYSELF - IT IS NOT SOME LITTLE VOICE THAT IS THE BACK OF MY MIND RIGHT NOW SAYING I TOLD YOU SO WHY -

BECAUSE NO WAY IN HECK COULD WE PREDICT EVENTS THAT HAVE HAPPENED SINCE U.S. FORCES LEFT IRAQ - EVEN THOUGH MALIKI SHOWED LITTLE INTELLIGENCE FOR RUNNING A COUNTRY

HE SURELY HAS SHOWN HE HAS THE CAPABILITIES TO RUN IT INTO THE GROUND.... IT IS A LACK OF BRAINS THAT MAKES THIS EASY FOR HIM TO DO - BUT REALLY HE IS JUST NOT EDUCATED ENOUGH AND LACKS THE OBVIOUS LEADERSHIP QUALITIES THAT SET ASIDE GREAT LEADERS FROM THOSE WHO BECOME LEADERS THROUGH DECEIT AND TREACHERY WHICH IS THE LIFE OF NURI MALIKI

WE HAVE SEEN THEM DO WHAT WE DID IN IRAQ OURSELVES A GOVERNMENT WAS ALLOWED TO TURN VICTORY INTO DEFEAT I WILL GIVE MY BUD SONNY'S VERSION

HE FEELS WE STILL ARE NOT IN BAD SHAPE HE SAID THAT WHO CREATED MORE CHAOS WITH THE DINAR THEN SALEH IT IS TRUE

NOW I THINK SHABIBI IS A GENIUS BUT SONNY POINTED OUT THAT SHABIBI WAS GOING TO LOP WHICH MEANS WHAT ALL WHAT WE HAVE IS WORTHLESS

EVEN THOUGH WE DONT LIKE MALIKI OR AS PEOPLE WHO HAVE HIGH MORAL CHARACTERS WE ENDED UP BEING WAY TOO INVOLVED IN THE WRONG DOINGS TO THE PEOPLE OF IRAQ

NOT THAT INVESTORS REALLY NEED TO DIS ASSOCIATE THEMSELVES FROM THE PERSONAL ASPECT OF WHAT YOU INVESTED IN.

WE DIDNT INVEST IN THE PEOPLE OF IRAQ OR THAT AFTER WE LEFT THEY WERE GOING TO BECOME COMPLACENT AND NOT PUSH THE SPIRIT OF DEMOCRACY

THEY NEVER EARNED IT HOW CAN THEY

WE ALL KNOW WHAT SOMETHING LOOKS LIKE A YR AFTER IT WAS GIVEN TO US THEN GO OUT AND WORK AND PAY FOR IT SEE WHAT CARE YOU TAKE IN ITS PRESERVATION

WHAT HAPPENS IN IRAQ AS FAR AS DEMOCRACY I DONT CARE ANYMORE WE DID OUR JOB OUR COUNTRY RISKED THE LIVES OF HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF ITS SONS AND DAUGHTERS AND NOW THINKING ABOUT IT

NO WAY IN ** DO I WANT TO SEND IN MORE OF THE FINEST SOLDIERS IN THE WORLD TO HELP A COUNTRY OF CORRUPT EGO MANIACS

WE NEED TO FOCUS BACK ON WHAT WE ARE ABOUT AN INVESTMENT AND HOW DO WE MAKE MONEY OFF IT

I MYSELF HAVE COME TO THE OPINION AND MINDSET MALIKI IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE

THE OPPOSITION IS JUST TOO WEAK AND CANNOT SUSTAIN ANY MEANINGFUL RESISTANCE NO MATTER WHAT THEY WILL NEED AN INTERNATIONAL CURRENCY

YOU CANT ENTER THE REAL WORLD OF THE INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY WITHOUT ONE

AND THEY ARE SO SPEND HAPPYTHAT THEY CANT SAVE A DIME FROM THE OIL REVENUES *** *** ***

I AM HOPING THAT INTERNATIONAL COMPANIES GET ** AND TAKE A RISK INVESTMENT NEEDS TO ENTER IRAQ MONEY NEEDS TO START FLOWING

ONCE IT DOES THERE WILL BE A HONEYMOON AND IT WILL BE DURING THAT HONEYMOON IS WHEN I BELIEVE THINGS WILL RE PRIME ITSELF AGAIN AND THE OPPORTUNITY FOR SUCCES FOR US WILL COME

NOW OTHER OPTION AND I DO THINK SONNY MAY HAVE HIT IT ON THE HEAD THAT THE SLOW GROWTH ISSUE IS MORE PREVALENT THAN EVER NOW

HE SAID HE PERSONALLY EXPECTS THE DINAR TO MOVE AS MUCH AS 700 PIPS THIS YEAR THAT WOULD BE GREAT ITS NOT THE FAST SUCCESS WE THOUGHT YRS AGO BUT I WILL TAKE ANY NOW OK THATS ALL

busman says to (09:52:09): Ch7 allows the US to take total control of iraq, correct

Med says to (09:54:37): BUS WE NEED TO LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL DOC OF CHAPTER VII NOT ALL THE FILES ATTACHED BUT THE FIRST VERBAGE USED BY THE UNSC CUZ THAT IS STILL IN EFFECT

busman says to (09:59:33): imo, this RV will not happen till after the national elections, and this govt. gets it together, same as kurds and goi, imo the hcl is playing a big part in that!

Med says to (10:00:14): I AGREE BUS YES

busman says to (10:00:28): i don't like it but that is what i see

Med says to (10:00:28): AT SOME POINT THIS HAS TO FLOW IT WILL ALL MEET IT MAY BE UNDER A GOVT WE DESPISE BUT *** I DESPISE MOST GOVTS OK GANG THAT IS IT FOR ME TY

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

"You know, as smart as Sonny is... he's way off base...

This RV is going to happen sooner than later... and it's not going to come out of the gate slowly...

So sick of hearing this garbage..."

You know, I'm not a big Sonny fan; but why, specifically, do you think his assessment is wrong and your's is correct? Here's a chance to present your evidence and prove Sonny wrong.

• Upvote 2

You know, as smart as Sonny is... he's way off base...

This RV is going to happen sooner than later... and it's not going to come out of the gate slowly...

So sick of hearing this garbage...

I was prepared to hear some discontent with this post - no problem -- I do not remember Sonny very well but for the most part most of what I had heard about him was good so was hoping this chat would be okay - I cannot vouch for Med relaying Sonny's thoughts though - Med's wording could be way off and he could have made it sound worse than it was - Sorry folks -- Sorry its not the news you were hoping for - I will keep looking <3 <3 <3

We all want to hear the same thing - It's here - It's over - It's done - If folks could see their discontent and displeasure -- their frustrations and irritability from being attached to the "wanting it now" mindset maybe they would readjust their mindset and be much more at peace and ease -

When you become attached to a desired outcome - you are setting yourself up for disappointment - Go with the flow let go of fear and anger - folks - it is going to be okay - really - Chill We are so much closer than we were a yr ago-

• Upvote 6

This chat is Med sharing about his conversation with Sonny last night - So for what its worth here you go folks -

Med says to (09:29:36): LAST NIGHT I HAD A LONG TALK WITH MY GOOD BUD SONNY - WE DISCUSSED JUST WHAT IS OUR OPTIONS WHICH ARE NONE LOL BUT HONESTLY....IS THERE A FUTURE FOR THE DINAR

FIRST OFF THE NOTIONS THAT IT IS A SCAM I HAVE PUT TO REST MYSELF - IT IS NOT SOME LITTLE VOICE THAT IS THE BACK OF MY MIND RIGHT NOW SAYING I TOLD YOU SO WHY -

BECAUSE NO WAY IN HECK COULD WE PREDICT EVENTS THAT HAVE HAPPENED SINCE U.S. FORCES LEFT IRAQ - EVEN THOUGH MALIKI SHOWED LITTLE INTELLIGENCE FOR RUNNING A COUNTRY

HE SURELY HAS SHOWN HE HAS THE CAPABILITIES TO RUN IT INTO THE GROUND.... IT IS A LACK OF BRAINS THAT MAKES THIS EASY FOR HIM TO DO - BUT REALLY HE IS JUST NOT EDUCATED ENOUGH AND LACKS THE OBVIOUS LEADERSHIP QUALITIES THAT SET ASIDE GREAT LEADERS FROM THOSE WHO BECOME LEADERS THROUGH DECEIT AND TREACHERY WHICH IS THE LIFE OF NURI MALIKI

WE HAVE SEEN THEM DO WHAT WE DID IN IRAQ OURSELVES A GOVERNMENT WAS ALLOWED TO TURN VICTORY INTO DEFEAT I WILL GIVE MY BUD SONNY'S VERSION

HE FEELS WE STILL ARE NOT IN BAD SHAPE HE SAID THAT WHO CREATED MORE CHAOS WITH THE DINAR THEN SALEH IT IS TRUE

NOW I THINK SHABIBI IS A GENIUS BUT SONNY POINTED OUT THAT SHABIBI WAS GOING TO LOP WHICH MEANS WHAT ALL WHAT WE HAVE IS WORTHLESS

EVEN THOUGH WE DONT LIKE MALIKI OR AS PEOPLE WHO HAVE HIGH MORAL CHARACTERS WE ENDED UP BEING WAY TOO INVOLVED IN THE WRONG DOINGS TO THE PEOPLE OF IRAQ

NOT THAT INVESTORS REALLY NEED TO DIS ASSOCIATE THEMSELVES FROM THE PERSONAL ASPECT OF WHAT YOU INVESTED IN.

WE DIDNT INVEST IN THE PEOPLE OF IRAQ OR THAT AFTER WE LEFT THEY WERE GOING TO BECOME COMPLACENT AND NOT PUSH THE SPIRIT OF DEMOCRACY

THEY NEVER EARNED IT HOW CAN THEY

WE ALL KNOW WHAT SOMETHING LOOKS LIKE A YR AFTER IT WAS GIVEN TO US THEN GO OUT AND WORK AND PAY FOR IT SEE WHAT CARE YOU TAKE IN ITS PRESERVATION

WHAT HAPPENS IN IRAQ AS FAR AS DEMOCRACY I DONT CARE ANYMORE WE DID OUR JOB OUR COUNTRY RISKED THE LIVES OF HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF ITS SONS AND DAUGHTERS AND NOW THINKING ABOUT IT

NO WAY IN ** DO I WANT TO SEND IN MORE OF THE FINEST SOLDIERS IN THE WORLD TO HELP A COUNTRY OF CORRUPT EGO MANIACS

WE NEED TO FOCUS BACK ON WHAT WE ARE ABOUT AN INVESTMENT AND HOW DO WE MAKE MONEY OFF IT

I MYSELF HAVE COME TO THE OPINION AND MINDSET MALIKI IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE

THE OPPOSITION IS JUST TOO WEAK AND CANNOT SUSTAIN ANY MEANINGFUL RESISTANCE NO MATTER WHAT THEY WILL NEED AN INTERNATIONAL CURRENCY

YOU CANT ENTER THE REAL WORLD OF THE INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY WITHOUT ONE

AND THEY ARE SO SPEND HAPPYTHAT THEY CANT SAVE A DIME FROM THE OIL REVENUES *** *** ***

I AM HOPING THAT INTERNATIONAL COMPANIES GET ** AND TAKE A RISK INVESTMENT NEEDS TO ENTER IRAQ MONEY NEEDS TO START FLOWING

ONCE IT DOES THERE WILL BE A HONEYMOON AND IT WILL BE DURING THAT HONEYMOON IS WHEN I BELIEVE THINGS WILL RE PRIME ITSELF AGAIN AND THE OPPORTUNITY FOR SUCCES FOR US WILL COME

NOW OTHER OPTION AND I DO THINK SONNY MAY HAVE HIT IT ON THE HEAD THAT THE SLOW GROWTH ISSUE IS MORE PREVALENT THAN EVER NOW

HE SAID HE PERSONALLY EXPECTS THE DINAR TO MOVE AS MUCH AS 700 PIPS THIS YEAR THAT WOULD BE GREAT ITS NOT THE FAST SUCCESS WE THOUGHT YRS AGO BUT I WILL TAKE ANY NOW OK THATS ALL

busman says to (09:52:09): Ch7 allows the US to take total control of iraq, correct

Med says to (09:54:37): BUS WE NEED TO LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL DOC OF CHAPTER VII NOT ALL THE FILES ATTACHED BUT THE FIRST VERBAGE USED BY THE UNSC CUZ THAT IS STILL IN EFFECT

busman says to (09:59:33): imo, this RV will not happen till after the national elections, and this govt. gets it together, same as kurds and goi, imo the hcl is playing a big part in that!

Med says to (10:00:14): I AGREE BUS YES

busman says to (10:00:28): i don't like it but that is what i see

Med says to (10:00:28): AT SOME POINT THIS HAS TO FLOW IT WILL ALL MEET IT MAY BE UNDER A GOVT WE DESPISE BUT *** I DESPISE MOST GOVTS OK GANG THAT IS IT FOR ME TY

• Downvote 2

the thing is Iraq has a serious problem with the people if their demands are NOT met soon they will tear apart that country Maliki is fully aware of this. There is a breaking point but i believe it will NOT end well for Maliki.

"HE SAID HE PERSONALLY EXPECTS THE DINAR TO MOVE AS MUCH AS 700 PIPS THIS YEAR"

What rationale backs that statement up ? unsure.gif

I guess everyones entitled to their opinion...that's why we know what "opinions" are like wink.gif

there is none, its his opinion. Adam has stated .10, many have stated an RI back to what it was in the 80's. Everyone has their opinion, Kaperoni says it will free float. O yes and lopsters have said we will break even laugh.gif

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Wow , who is Sonny ? I am going to pray this is not the case . :(/> Every one is getting screwed , Iraqi people , Venenzuela people , and us ..... All by dictators . So much for China and oil credits .

Gopher and Deacon Dark / Sonny Bono on Love Boat

:blink:

Trying to read that post, was almost as difficult as trying to read the arabic translator. Wow....I thought he was supposed to be one of us! :lol:

I am going to give him some slack, as mind mind wanders a lot too!!! :lol:

Go RV or RI !!!

:):):)

• Upvote 1

There are serious problems, but I don't think from what I read that the value of the currency is one of them, rather that they just want more of the currency, whatever it's worth. So I'm not sure an RV is very important to Iraqi's. They are more interested in fundamentals like electricity and getting a fair share of those oil dollars.

• Upvote 1

:blink:

:blink:/>

Trying to read that post, was almost as difficult as trying to read the arabic translator. Wow....I thought he was supposed to be one of us! :lol:/>

I am going to give him some slack, as mind mind wanders a lot too!!! :lol:/>

Go RV or RI !!!

:)/> :)/> :)/>

SOMETIMES PEOPLE do get drunk :blink:

• Upvote 1

there is none, its his opinion. Adam has stated .10, many have stated an RI back to what it was in the 80's. Everyone has their opinion, Kaperoni says it will free float. O yes and lopsters have said we will break even laugh.gif

Exactly Easy. I guess I'm just one of the many that are so sick of hearing "opinions"...( with the exception of Adam's welcomed opinion).But here I am in the rumor section....I asked for it...I got it. I guess from the need for this to happen,( one way or the other), just hoping to find something that makes sense....Time to take a break..and be grounded :rolleyes:/>

my question is why isnt sonny posting this on here? and also this is only an opinion who knows when this will take place.

Back in July Sonny was just sure it would happen just like everyone else did.and when it didn't he came on the forum and humbled himself. Said he wouldn't be online for a while and from time to time he drops in but not lately. But he's friends with MED. So they talk.

UNEEK, Sonny has in the past made predictions that proved wrong, but has been man enough to acknowledge that he has been wrong several times. The longer this has gone on, the more conservative his approach has become to the whole thing.

Thank you very much for sharing that - like I have said in the past I have only been an investor for about ?? 4 + yrs and the first yr of course stumbled along and pretty much only at one forum so was very sheltered from a lot of points of views and the knowledge of other gurus lol -

It has been the last 3 that I have broadened my horizons and really made a conscious effort to be informed - I am a free thinker though and make up my own mind and when I am ready - I do a lot of reading but admit that I have not grasped the full understanding of everything in regards to economics and politics -

I was hesitant in bringing over the med chat for several reasons but the reason that won was because of Sonny - and was hoping for feedback so I could learn and understand more --

I also wish we could have received Sonny's thoughts firsthand - Med had a very rough week last week - besides the physical ailments there was a crisis with his daughter so again his interpretation and sharing of that could have been a little off from the original thoughts -

• Upvote 1

NOTE: Opinions are like A-Holes....EVERYONE has em'...NO ONE KNOWS JACK SH*T about the REALITY or FACTS on this thing as per the FINALITY of it.....and HOW this will PLAY OUT...ONLY OPINIONS!...PERIOD!

Sometimes what people percieve as truth is sometimes a LIE...and what is a LIE...is sometimes the TRUTH!.....LOL...

IMO...If and when soemthing does happen like most of us are wishing for...it will happen like a thief in the night..."""NO""" GURU will CALL IT...Nuff Said.....

i dont know how anyone can say i am way off if it "only" moves 700 pips this year, it's been worthless for 10 years, and it if moves to quick up over 0 it would ruin iraq.

for those who seem to think it will shoot up over 0 right away are sadly mistaken, thats ok though i used to think the same way.....

• Upvote 5

NOTE: Opinions are like A-Holes....EVERYONE has em'...NO ONE KNOWS JACK SH*T about the REALITY or FACTS on this thing as per the FINALITY of it.....and HOW this will PLAY OUT...ONLY OPINIONS!...PERIOD!

Sometimes what people percieve as truth is sometimes a LIE...and what is a LIE...is sometimes the TRUTH!.....LOL...

IMO...If and when soemthing does happen like most of us are wishing for...it will happen like a thief in the night..."""NO""" GURU will CALL IT...Nuff Said.....

Tell us how you really feel!!! LOL I would have to agree with you, maybe not as bluntly, but still agree! :)

i dont know how anyone can say i am way off if it "only" moves 700 pips this year, it's been worthless for 10 years, and it if moves to quick up over 0 it would ruin iroaq.

for those who seem to think it will shoot up over 0 right away are sadly mistaken, thats ok though i used to think the same way.....

Nice to see ya Sonny! You have been gone a while....

So OK, you say an RI or quick revalue will ruin Iraq - explain how?

Your predict a float - seems likely. A free float you seem to say no to - so this will be a managed float? Tied to what? Economic progress? Inflation?

Price of oil? GOI?

We are talking a time frame of months and years here to reach parity with USD?

• Upvote 1

SBA: "The extension will, in particular, provide time for discussions on fiscal policies for the remainder of 2012 and on measures to improve the functioning of the exchange regime".

I just hope, that statement by IMF, means that Iraq is moving away from their current crawling peg regime AND away from their operating de facto regime.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see ya Sonny! You have been gone a while....

So OK, you say an RI or quick revalue will ruin Iraq - explain how?

Your predict a float - seems likely. A free float you seem to say no to - so this will be a managed float? Tied to what? Economic progress? Inflation?

Price of oil? GOI?

We are talking a time frame of months and years here to reach parity with USD?

Where did Sonny go on this one?   I thought he was pro RV for quite a long time?  did he have a change of heart?