Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What Do You Put In The "Sex" Box of an Application?

smee2

In the "announcement" thread, a lurker of four years has decided to jump in and start posting. That person put up an announcement saying "hi" and started getting responses.

The new poster signed off as "Chris", and as that is a somewhat ambiguous name, a responder asked if that was a boy

Chris or a girl Chris. A part of that response is as below ...

Welcome Chris! Boy or Girl?

Every Time I fill out a Form Thats Asks Me Sex? I Write in Yes ,But Only After I get to Know the Person.

I started a reply to the questioner "steveh12" and a greeting to Chris ... which I forgot to do so ... so ...

Welcome Chris!

It doesn't really matter if you are male or female,

but it certainly helps if you are a little crazy! :)

Oh no! ... Here she goes again ... sheeeee's offffff !!!

'steveh12' Your post brought back a lot of memories! Many years ago I was a credit manager for a major department store in Toronto, which was part of a well known chain of Canadian department stores. As part of my job, I had to go over all the applications for employment, with a view to checking credit and making sure we were not taking on someone who had displayed any proclivity for sticky fingers, either cash or merchandise, in other employment, as well as doing a follow up interview with applicants who had passed the first one, with the assistant store manager (the manager was the one who made the final decision) ... anyway ... ... (after reading this paragraph over, I have to be proud ... it may be the longest run on sentence, that still makes some sense, that I have ever written! )

All we reallly wanted was "Male" or "Female" ... usually M or F would do. I think we should have eliminated the problem by asking not "sex" but gender.

In those days we still had application forms that still had that section to fill in ... "sex. These days we are not supposed to ask. The advent of Equal opportunity in terms of race, religion, colour and gender ... in Canada none of these were questions of differentiation that we could ask after 1975. And more recently we have been, by law, kept from asking country of origin, marital status, sexual orientation ... and considering the "service" (or more accurately the lack of) seen at most retail businesses, even "experience" or "ability to do the job" are not things we can ask about, or require as part of our criteria for hiring. Yes, I am off again ... sorry ... anyway ...

I had a few good laughs over the answers put in the "sex" box ... with

Yes, but not often

Yes, but not on the job, really

Yes, but please don't tell my parents

Only once, but it was an accident

Only when my husband remembers he's married

Not often. My wife is going through the "change"

Only on the weekends, it won't affect my work

In bed

Only nights when the Leaf's don't play

Frequently, I have three girlfriends at the moment so far

Do you mean with my wife?

Will the pay be higher if I say no? or yes?

Only if it is a requirement of the job.

No, I am a virgin, but I -- well, I don't think I can spell it

No, I am only twenty-three

I don't think so

Not very good at it, so no

Can I answer no if I have done my penance, each time?

No right now, but yes after Saturday night

After the baby comes, only if my wife says so, I hope

Now, it is up to you members ... share 'em if you got 'em!

:)

smee2

• Upvote 2

True story: I did a residency in China after becoming a doctor. I wanted to learn more about Traditional medicine, etc. After a few months there, I was sent out to a very rural countryside clinic. By then, my Chinese was pretty good, so I was not only following along with the Chinese docs, but getting involved with managing patient care. A young couple came in and told us that the wife couldnt get pregnant. Further inquiry to health, lifestyle, etc detected no problem off the bat. When they were asked about sexual activity (Remember, this is 1998 and the country was just starting to really open-up, so they lacked a LOT of education). the husband stated that they had been sleeping together since they got married. Come to find out, that is ALL they DID! Because of the complete lack of sex education then, they truly thought just by sleeping together the wife would get pregnant! hahahaaha. One of the doctors explained the WHAT in general terms and they both looked horrified! You mean we have to do that?!!?!? We certainly had a good laugh. I think they finally figured it out. Dunno, just sayng..... :P :P :P

• Upvote 1