Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Saudi preacher gets fine and short jail term for raping and killing his 5-year-old daughter I wonder if he was screaming Allah Akbar.

ALBUNDY

Saudi preacher gets fine and short jail term for raping and killing daughter…I wonder if he was screaming Allah Akbar. Saudis are Pigs!

03 February, 2013

Image from facebook.com @We-are-supporting-Manal-Alsharif claims to show Fayhan Ghamdi

Public anger has gripped Saudi Arabia after a prominent preacher who raped and beat to death his 5-year-old daughter was sentenced to a few months in jail and a $50,000 fine – known as 'blood money' – to compensate the victim's relatives.

¬According to Islamic law, the 'blood money' can be paid in lieu of the death penalty. The preacher's fine was reportedly half the usual amount because the victim was a girl.

Saudi preacher Fayhan Ghamdi, a frequent guest on Muslim TV networks, confessed to using cables and a cane to inflict the injuries, AFP reported, quoting activists from the group ‘Women to Drive.’

Ghamdi reportedly doubted that his daughter, Lama Ghamdi, was a virgin, and forced her to undergo a medical inspection.

In December 2011, Lama was admitted to hospital with multiple injuries, including a crushed skull, broken ribs and left arm, and extensive bruising and burns, according to the activist group. Hospital worker Randa Kaleeb said that the girl's back was broken, and that she had been raped "everywhere."

Lama al-Ghamdi (Screenshot from youtube.com)

¬The hospital told the victim's mother that her child's “rectum had been torn open and the abuser had attempted to burn it closed,” AFP reported on Saturday.

In October 2012, the girl died from her injuries. The following November, the father was arrested. The judge ruled that the "blood money and the time the defendant had served in prison since Lama's death suffices as punishment," activists reported.

The incident sparked public anger in Saudi Arabia, prompting an online Twitter campaign calling for more severe punishment for violence against women and children. The 'Women to Drive' campaign, launched by women's rights activist Manal Sharif, has demanded the creation of legislation that would criminalize violence against women and children.

The petition is circulating on Twitter under the hashtag 'Ana Lama' – "I am Lama" in Arabic.

The issue has gained widespread traction in Saudi Arabia, and authorities promised to set up a 24-hour hotline that will take calls regarding child abuse.

THE LINK : http://www.iraq-war.ru/article/285501

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

A good reminder of the kinds of people we are waiting to RV their money.

I saw a story on the news while in Dubái, a husband and wife on holiday kissed in a cafe and it

Offended a local. The local called the police and the couple was fined.

They, in that part of the world Do Not look at things like we do here.

I was going to bring my wife and daughter over with me on one of my trips back

but I opted against it. I could not walk down the street holding either one of their hands

for fear of a fine or maybe more from the police.

Thanks for the post Albundy.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I agree with OP of course... That's terrible, abominous, totally unacceptable and should be stopped with any means possible....Having said that....Let's just not forget that lots of rapes ( among relatives too) happen also in non-islamic countries (I'd say probably in higher numbers but that's just a perception on my part) and in many of those non-islamic countries laws are still kind of lax and generally with a macho attitude.

Better yet, why is this even on here?

He obviously got the wrong section... Happens.....Not such a big deal ... A Mod can rectify that.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Umbertino, you made such a reasonable well-delivered comment. I am sorry someone negged you. I gave you a +1. In my opinion we should get negged for polite opinions. Someone else help him out and give him a plus to even it out.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Umbertino, you made such a reasonable well-delivered comment. I am sorry someone negged you. I gave you a +1. In my opinion we should get negged for polite opinions. Someone else help him out and give him a plus to even it out.

Thank you my Friend. That's appreciated. Evened you out as well.

Someone asked why this is even on the forum? Maybe it doesn't belong here since it is not about the dinar, or about Iraq. It is about a religious group, and their horrendous habits, especially towards women and children, and of course when it is a female child ... nothing is too over the top, eh?

Personally, whether it is appropriate for a forum on a foreign currency investment, or not, it IS appropriate in any place where people can be informed about this kind of thing happening ... with what amounts to religious, legal, societal, and it seems, cultural impunity.

Yes, it may look like someone is picking on the Saudis, or more correctly, attacking a religion ... Islam ... which posters and readers do here every day in some way. So much for freedom of worship, eh? It is okay for us but not for all the others who are not on the same wavelength as us?

Well, I guess, then, that I am as much of a hypocrite as anyone else who is fighting mad that a man, supposedly a man of God who is charged with leading a part of God's flock, could do this in the first place without being scooped up and put in a straight jacket, but more importantly, could do this hideous act, upon his own daughter, and go so overboard as to create the condition of her body, and get what mounts to a slap on the wrist for it.

I hate reading this kind of "news" but I also hate more that it happens at all. And I guess the only way to make the kind of waves, preferably tsunami, that will cause an entire religious community to change their perceptions and translation of religious precepts, at least how they physically translate their beliefs on the bodies of their children and women, is to make sure that the rest of the world does know what is happening. Horrific, certainly. Hypocritical about freedom of religious practices ... most likely. Necessary to build a world consciousness that will not allow this to happen? Absolutely!

:(/>

smee2

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sorry folks. Can someone remove this article? Thanks a lot.

No I don't think so Al. Sometimes even though it hurts, we need to see the truth.

Islam claims to be peaceful, but everyday we see otherwise. Even those who claim to be innocent are guilty. Those who turn a blind eye to terrorism and do not turn those in who are show they are complacent, and are just as guilty, if not more.

Apologize for nothing for all it will do is allow the guilty to ignore the truth about Islam.

pp

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Absolutely sickening...OMG...well. this little girl is with God now and healed and this perverted sick "preacher" will get what he deserves in a very hot place.

Just can not understand how something like this can be done to a child (or anyone for that matter, but a small baby)...