Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Official: Dinar to Soon Return to What It Was Before 1980

ReVbo

I"m a little confused by this:

1986–2003 1986–2003 between .33 cents to 1.32 to a dollar.

2003 In october 2003, the official Dinar-dollar exchange rate was ID1 to US$0.00027.

What I read from this is that in the years 1986 to 2003, the old dinar (Saddam notes) were being exchanged anywhere from $0.33 to $1.32.

But, when they introduced the New Iraqi Dinar, they exchanged at a 1:1 ratio. The kicker is, the rate was not a $0.33-$1.32 with the new dinar. I do not remember the most accurate numbers, but it was likely around 4000 instead of the 1166 we have come to know today.

So, the $0.33-1.32 must have been the market rate people were willing to accept for exchange of USD with the old dinar. Who in their right mind would be okay with exchanging 1:1 to end up losing that much value?!?

Something about that information must not be correct.

The article states before 1980, so between 1973 and 1980 the dinar was at $3.22 and $3.39 according to the bar graph that Brisco posted. Can only hope tis true. :)/>/>

I like that they say there is global demand as well. I don't know where this demand is coming from globally, but I like it.

Edited by fastarnie
  • Upvote 1

This sounds promising! We should get clarification from someone with boots on the ground or that was a "fly" on a wall when this was reported. Perhaps the reporter can clarify for us since reaching the Official may be a stretch.

Blessings

02/02/2013 11:45:00

He pointed out that "the dinar traded in global financial directory sites on the recovery of the currency and that there is a future for the Iraqi dinar and would soon return to what it was before 1980 because of the global demand in the global financial markets."

We are ready any time ya'll are boyz... now "Git-r-dun"!!!! backflip.gifbackflip.gifbackflip.gif

Thanks for the post ReVbo!!! wink.gif

my new license plate will say "SOON"

Sorry easy.... I'm usually pretty good with my aim... could somebody please "bury our friend" with plus's... my bad. Yes... maybe that will be the catch phrase that will illicit both good and bad memories for us.... some day.. hopefully "soon"!!!rolleyes.gif

Just a thought about that gold being exported. Is it possible due to a worthless dinar they are paying their debts in gold?....and could this also force their hand in adding value to the dinar

They recently imported a bunch of gold, not exported. That gold goes into their coffers, making them worth more. And I don't think any countries settle debts with shipments of gold to each other...

LOL

Of course I do.....no mentioning of deleting the zeros and the value being raised.....so I cant really complain.....

Would just like to know exactly how they plan on doing this.....I know they have mentioned a different monetary policy then being fixed, which would be the best for us, but the details are what will complex me until it goes down....

Cant help it....its just how my mind works.....damn technicians lol....always have to know how and cant just accept it as is.....

You know Keep. When I 1st started I didn't like you very much because I THOUGHT you were a trouble maker. But now, I think you are a really smart cat. you look at the big pic. I got a lotta respect for you man.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You know Keep. When I 1st started I didn't like you very much because I THOUGHT you were a trouble maker. But now, I think you are a really smart cat. you look at the big pic. I got a lotta respect for you man.

Keep is just all about tough-love...

He'll give it to you straight...