Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

SWFG

DocDinar.

2-2-13 SWFloridaGuy: We have another encouraging report from the WTO. Senior Iraqi officials have received intensive training on the multilateral trading system and joining the WTO. This is very specific and necessary training that is directly related to the procedural steps regarding accession. This also includes economic development requirements. - http://www.sesric.org/event-detail-ar.php?id=835

Iraq applying for WTO accession is a great sign for investors because a convertible currency is necessary for Iraq to join the WTO and I believe this is part of the development training/negotiations. We believe this is an obligatory stipulation for accession where they are concerned.

So, right now they are receiving training and laying out all their economic/trade policies that relate to WTO agreements. Then the next step will be to submit a memorandum to the panel for consideration. When the principles and policies are in place, additional negotiations will commence between Iraq and member countries.

The terms will be finalized and submitted to the General Council. If 2/3 of the members vote in favor, than Iraq may accede to the WTO. The fact that they are even being considered right now tells me that they have already decided the direction that they are going take with their currency reform project.

With all the news we've seen recently regarding economic sanctions being lifted, plans to alleviate debt, reports that Iraq is the fastest growing economy in the world, funds being unfrozen etc., I'd say they're in good shape moving forward. No one can dispute that Iraq is emerging as an economic leader not only in MENA but globally.

The IEA recently reported that Iraq will lead OPEC oil production growth over the next two decades. The private sector has made huge contributions toward economic recovery with oil companies driving growth and boosting infrastructure development.

I believe that they will pass the HCL and resolve their dispute with the KRG in order to encourage foreign investors who also fund Iraq's growth. The elections are coming up in a couple months and we're going to see some political posturing but I think that economic growth will take precedence because of the international pressure that will be behind it.

Despite the political bickering we've seen progress in that area already. Wall Street bank's data shows that Iraq is the country that shows the most promise going into 2013 and I think that this WTO report is also very encouraging. In my opinion Iraq is headed in the right direction and so is their currency.

Sorry everyone, I just saw that this is a re-post.

• Upvote 4