Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

***^^^ IT RV-ED!!! ^^^***

TQueezy

You may be right Darin. Frankly to me that would be a welcome change. I get really tired of looking at that CBI site and seeing 1166.000

Beats 1170.000............I was really tired of that one too.!

Lower rates.... some buy in, some sell out... 3.00+ people wouldn't buy in, they'd all cash out.

You need that point within the range where its still bought and matched up by the sellers.

Equilibrium pricing...

• Upvote 1

***///

:lmao:/> Welcome to our world, Dearie!

:P/>

***/// Sounds real brainy..... we like it....! :lol:/>

LOL - thanks, but it is just your basic econ definition. Its based upon finding that perfect pricing between supply and demand and setting the proper price.

I can use another one... "Stoich" I'm not sure on the spelling... The perfect range of air/fuel ration for cars...

• Upvote 2

I just got a call from one of my sources. It's someone high up with direct connections to the CBI.

It's a done deal. Friday, banks closed, pushed the rate modification process upload through the server. Once it goes on the forward facing, and once all banks are back to operational hours, people should see the free exchange for IQD. It's a managed float, so you may not see any improvement for awhile. They have enough to back it at it's current rate without it falling too much. Might drop to 1200 / 1, but will soon increase beyond that. No real time frames for a good cash-in rate, but expect a couple weeks. I'd say exchanges at $1.56 / 1 by mid Feb.

So happy! Our ride is at the end. Stick with it guys, this is over soon. Woohoo!!!

Read more:

If this is true and happens as you say with a float then it wouldn't be an International frenzy with Chapter 7 still in place. Chapter 7 will have to be lifted in order to trade the IQD on the Forex market. If someone can find news that they are going to float it on the Forex or lift Chapter 7 that would be a big plus here. For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, Banks, Investment Banks-Firms, Hedge Funds, Elite, etc. just about everyone that buys and sells currencies for one reason or another buys and sells in million dollar lots on the Forex market and depending on what country you trade in and how much risk you are prepared to take, a standard million dollar lot could be leveraged up to 500 million dollars but lets just say that I am a bank that takes the least amount of risk so I leverage a billion dollars X 20 to buy the IQD against the dollar for an interest rate differential that pays out 5% a day plus gains... For this reason alone they would make the trade, increasing the value of the IQD but most importantly they will be getting paid the interest differential every day they hold that position. So basically, as long as the IQD holds a higher interest rate than the USD then it will never be sold by those investors... So again if anyone can find where Chapter 7 is to be lifted this would be a big plus. I think it must be lifted sometime this month because of the talk about putting the ISX on trade platforms Internationally this month...

This statement which I put in bold iis not entirely true. Take the Australian Dollar (AUD) for example. It has the highest interest rate out of all of the majors but has been the weakest performing currency during the past few weeks. EUR/AUD has been on the rise for the past 6 months or so and traders / investors are obviously buying it up disregarding the rollover / swap that they have to pay.

Just because a currency pays interest it doesn't mean that it will be the currency of choice if it has a significant chance or falling in price which could eliminate all gains which could have been earned by just holding the trade. In fact, in such a highly leveraged market one could wipe out an account easily if all they did was focus on buying higher yielding currencies while disregarding price action!

Keep in mind that many middle eastern currencies are rarely traded via FOREX. When was the last time you traded the Kuwaiti Dinar through your brokerage firm? Most brokerage firms don't even have the currency listed with their "exotic" currencies...

• Upvote 2

I'm not trying to put down your info or be a downer, but anyone who knows me on this site knows that I am a realist.

While what you are stating is possible, without having lower denominations available, it is not possible for the value to increase beyond what the current denominations allow for.

I will use the same example as I have in the past

If 1 dinar is equal to 1 usd and you go to buy a bottle of soda for 1 dinar how are you going to receive change if the lowest denomination available is 50 dinar? it is not possible to make change nor is it possible to pay for that soda with a 1 dinar denomination.

HOWEVER....This can work is if the float is managed until such time that lower denominations are available or if they already do exist, but the value will remain low to accommodate for the high denominations. If the dinar is allowed to appreciate without lower denominations, the people of Iraq will not have any way to pay for simple everyday items.

Kinda makes you wonder what ever happened to the debit card for the people of Iraq. It was not something they were very fond of happening, however, if they have become comfortable with the ration cards, they might be willing to use debit cards instead of cash for a short period of time. I find this to be a very unlikely scenario.

Hope this is all true, I would love to finally get off this ride.

Well said. I have also brought this up many times in the past. Even an RV to $0.01 would make the smallest denomination (50 dinar note) worth $.50. Nothing significant is going to happen until lower denominations are released no matter what anybody says.

If that thing came out at $3.42, a straight-up legit $3.42 where you could cash out at your local currency bank, I think the cash-outs would happen so fast that the value would plummet and those in luck would be where the value was accepted at the given rate immediately. By the time our banks opened, the value would have plummeted.

Exactly! Supply and demand

Supply - 72 trillion M2

Demand - There would be little to no demand left for IQD as people rush to cash in their IQD for USD causing a massive sell off of the IQD which in turn would crash their currency. The CBI is not going to risk crashing their currency just to make a handful of speculators rich! A Central Bank's main agenda is to keep inflation under control, this can't be achieved by massive changes in the value of their currency whether it be up or down.

IMO, IF the lower demoms are not ready then wouldn't it make sense to have the dinar come out at 1:1 so they can still make change with the Dollar??? I read in posts past that it was possible for the two currencies to co-exist while they introduced the lower denoms and as the Dinar rose in value then the Dollar would slowly be pulled out of Iraqs circulation as the Dollar would be becoming weaker against their Dinar. Something about the Iraqi Pride. I'm just paraphrasing but doeas anyone have thoughts on this?

Would it be logical for the CBI to re-value their currency without proper denomination in place? Why would they increase the value of their currency knowing that they needed to depend on another countries' currency? Yes the USD is used in Iraq (just like it is in a lot of other countries around the world) but a Central Bank would not rely on the USD in order to make change for everyday purchases. That sounds like some half-a$$ RV to me and very unprofessional, definitely not something a Central Bank would do for their country.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Not boring at all. I find much of this over my head, but I thank you for your input, comments and these articles. If I can learn a single thing from any information posted I'm thankful and hopefully a better educated individual. Finance and the markets are not my expertise. If I end up breaking even in this or even losing my rear end, I'm grateful for the education I've been able to pick up on many levels. Thanks again.

Just for dear...

http://www.babypips.com/blogs/currency-cross-eyed/

• Upvote 2

Would it be logical for the CBI to re-value their currency without proper denomination in place? Why would they increase the value of their currency knowing that they needed to depend on another countries' currency? Yes the USD is used in Iraq (just like it is in a lot of other countries around the world) but a Central Bank would not rely on the USD in order to make change for everyday purchases. That sounds like some half-a$$ RV to me and very unprofessional, definitely not something a Central Bank would do for their country.

Thanks 20mil. Makes sense to me. I learn almost something different daily about this investment and always keep an open mind. It keeps my interest in how economics work.

wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Not sure why you got the neg 20mil but I evened you out.

Edited by respectron
  • Upvote 2

Thanks 20mil. Makes sense to me. I learn almost something different daily about this investment and always keep an open mind. It keeps my interest in how economics work.

wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Not sure why you got the neg 20mil but I evened you out.

No problem Respectron. Not sure why somebody negged me either... I evened myself out right before I saw your post! LOL :D/>/>

All currency is neurotic currency but they do follow a few basic principles / rules. Same with economics in general, there are rules that apply and Iraq is not an exception to these rules.

Anybody interested in learning more about currencies and FOREX should check out www.BabyPips.com They have a "school" course which is 100% free and gives excellent insight into the world of FOREX. Highly recommended for people looking to expand their knowledge Thanks for posting the site MsMortgageWiz.

Edited by 20Mil
  • Upvote 2

No problem Respectron. Not sure why somebody negged me either... I evened myself out right before I saw your post! LOL biggrin.gif/>/>/>/>

All currency is neurotic currency but they do follow a few basic principles / rules. Same with economics in general, there are rules that apply and Iraq is not an exception to these rules.

Anybody interested in learning more about currencies and FOREX should check out www.BabyPips.com They have a "school" course which is 100% free and gives excellent insight into the world of FOREX. Highly recommended for people looking to expand their knowledge Thanks for posting the site MsMortgageWiz.

Insomnia...

Edited by Markinsa
Repaired Quote Box
  • Upvote 1

If we have a RV great, if not Adam and the administrators of this website should be held accountable of what is being posted and not being posted on their website. Simply a matter of ethical integrity on their behalf to insure credible information is being posted or edited. If not their own credibility shall come into question, I think at this part of the journey we are all looking for the factual truth and nothing more.

You simply have to love it here, after all it is the RUMORS Section!

-30 outstanding

Edited by Markinsa
Repaired Quote Box
  • Downvote 2

U Have A Reputation Of Negative (- 88) And Plummeting ! dry.gif

Ur Not Really In Any Position To Give Advice On The Way An Already Functioning Site Should Be Run !

Hey clowny don't forget you are in the rumors Section

Edited by Markinsa
Repaired Quote Box
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Happy Birthday Dog. We may not agree on much, but every Birthday ya get means your above ground and not under it. biggrin.gif

Thxs Quezy, If nothing else I had to read another long thread and its all good !!!!

Come on Adam !!!! Wears that text !!!

pp

Thank you PP and we certainly agree on that much. Above ground Good JUJU smile.gif

GO RVVVVV !!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

How's everyone doing today?

Ready to watch the game and start cheering for your team? Also, start cheering for the dinar exchange rate as it starts its race from the starting line of 1166 to whatever rate it will stabilize at? Hoping for at least $1.52. $3.46 would be even nicer. Have a good day everyone!

• Upvote 3

This statement which I put in bold iis not entirely true. Take the Australian Dollar (AUD) for example. It has the highest interest rate out of all of the majors but has been the weakest performing currency during the past few weeks. EUR/AUD has been on the rise for the past 6 months or so and traders / investors are obviously buying it up disregarding the rollover / swap that they have to pay.

Just because a currency pays interest it doesn't mean that it will be the currency of choice if it has a significant chance or falling in price which could eliminate all gains which could have been earned by just holding the trade. In fact, in such a highly leveraged market one could wipe out an account easily if all they did was focus on buying higher yielding currencies while disregarding price action!

Keep in mind that many middle eastern currencies are rarely traded via FOREX. When was the last time you traded the Kuwaiti Dinar through your brokerage firm? Most brokerage firms don't even have the currency listed with their "exotic" currencies...

Let me point out to you that the retail Forex market was made for those that trade under one million dollar lots and they do not offer all currency pairs on their platforms... Also not all fluctuations in the Forex market are due to day traders. Large swaps are done for many reasons but if you want to focus on Australia then you would have to look at a number of things, the main one being exports, Australia is a big exporter to China, Europe, and the USA. They export a lot of different commodities like gold, pharmaceuticals, grain, meat, etc. When their currency was undervalued in 2009 investment banks and the elite alike bought it up off it's lows with no intention of selling it back but instead to make a profit from the interest rate differential, that's how they make their money work for them. The market has since then floated up to twice that rate and just hovered, showing the fluctuations from day traders that are out of the deal before paying interest on the trade, and from the exporters and imports making currency swaps on goods and services... Think of the Iraqi dinar in the same aspect, the big fish take what they want till it reaches a rate that they think it will hold then they let the little fish fight for what is left.

You simply have to love it here, after all it is the RUMORS Section!

-30 outstanding

Come on man!......The rumor section is like going out with your buddies to the bar. Yeh, you probably drink too much and get a little crazy.....say and do things that offend and repulse those around you. You may wake up the next morning with a headache and feeling a little ashamed or embarrassed, but hey.......that's the rumor section. What happens in the rumor section, stays in the rumor section.

I wish I were only older than Snowglobe. I'm older than dirt, and I really may not be around to spend at least a good-sized handful of this money. So they'd better hurry up. lol

we are only as old as we think....Husband on the other hand acts like a kid...my 8 yer old is always telling on him.

You know that commercial...everything starts out with dont tell mom...yea thats us.

• Upvote 1

I wish I were only older than Snowglobe. I'm older than dirt, and I really may not be around to spend at least a good-sized handful of this money. So they'd better hurry up. lol

we are only as old as we think....Husband on the other hand acts like a kid...my 8 yer old is always telling on him.

You know that commercial...everything starts out with dont tell mom...yea thats us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk0PG7BzrY8

Edited by SnowGlobe7
  • Upvote 1