Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

***^^^ IT RV-ED!!! ^^^***

TQueezy

You might find these of interest then...........I'm pretty boring aren't I.

Journal of International Economics

Understanding bilateral exchange rate volatility

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022199602000612

Exchange rate forecasting: the errors we’ve really made

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022199602000582

Not boring at all. I find much of this over my head, but I thank you for your input, comments and these articles. If I can learn a single thing from any information posted I'm thankful and hopefully a better educated individual. Finance and the markets are not my expertise. If I end up breaking even in this or even losing my rear end, I'm grateful for the education I've been able to pick up on many levels. Thanks again.

• Upvote 2

You can say what you want but I call BS when I see BS & this is BS.

First off we have see Turki say it will be a free float not a managed float . There is your First BS call.

Secondly they rate won't drop because what we see is a programed rate which is not the true rate & we know the real rate is somewhere near $1.17 because Shabibi let that slip one time in an article. So there is BS #2 from you.

To follow up on one last thing when it goes to free float the rate would not be $1.56 in a week or 2 we might get lucky enough to see a dime in a week or 2 of it floating from 1166 but to get over 1-1 that would take about 6 months. so I say BS # 3 from you.

I call them like I see them. You are the new Okie or Terrk Guru boy.

I don't fall for BS like this anymore.

Man, arn't you just a ray of sunshine?

• Upvote 5

"I think it's gonna come out over a buck to get the locals to start using dinars instead of dollars."

I'm not sure I understand why an increase in the foreign exchange rate would motivate Iraqis in Iraq to use dinar over dollars. In Iraq, a dinar is a dinar.

If my understanding is correct, or possibly just my speculation, would you rather carry around 1166 Dinar to do business or a single note of USD? Maybe it's just convenience. Not to mention a lack of faith in their own currency. Especially if the government tells the folks they have to quit using USD and start drawing it back in? JMO.

Man, arn't you just a ray of sunshine?

HAHAHAHAHAHA! +1

I think it's gonna come out over a buck to get the locals to start using dinars instead of dollars. Then hopefully move up from there to past glory. :)/>

Iraq could pass a law forcing the people to use dinar, there by forcing out the dollar. I think that what you stated is an old guru myth that they stated as fact, but i do hope you're right. :)

First to call it? First to call it? Oh, you mean first to call it this weekend. Bwahahahahaha and

Blablablablabla. Still waiting on Adam

Huh? You mean I've been in this 8 years and he's not the first? Guess I must have been napping. Guess I should have said he might be the first to get it right......or not.

Sorry that I have such an improper sentance function. Sheesh..... :blink:/>

• Upvote 2

While it would certainly make it more convenient, it wouldn't make them any richer.

Very true, unless they went $ for Dinar or even less. It will be interesting to see what, or if, they do. I have a friend whose son is currently in Vietnam on a school project. He says for $5 USD he can stay in very nice hotels. Probably similar to a Holiday Inn in the USA. That's about $104k Dong at the current conversion rate. But since the Vietnamese make so much less, and their goods cost proportionately less, it is a wash when it comes down to it for the locals. I would have to think that if the value increases in Iraq, the prices of goods would be adjusted accordingly. Maybe this is why we see so many references to inflation mentioned. As I said, I'm in over my head when it comes to the big picture and the economics involved. One thing I honestly believe though is that Iraq needs to raise its folks up to a higher standard of living and get their country more stable from that standpoint. This is why the Kurds are doing so much better than the rest of the country.

Are you freaking kidding me?

Out of ALL the zany posters like Okie out there she chooses to diss Tqueezy as the one 'damaging spirits'.Listen 'wife in the know' maybe the day Tqueezy has 10 million failed predictions like TerryK,Blaino,or Okie you could understandable call him out on it?But what was said to offend the mystery woman exactly?That it might take half a month to a month for it to get to the level of 1 dollar to 1.50 a Dinar instead of 3.42 immediately?Lol oh nooooez the agony of the wait.Listen lady 1/1 is amazing and I could wait several months if need be for such a great payoff.Once again 'wife in the know' find someone to pick on that actually deserves it.If constant liars like Okie would ust STFU for good and be replaced by decent guys like Adam,Hoosier,Tqueezy,SWG, etc we would be much better off.

Wow! Kudos and a big+1 to the new guy. Couldn't have said it better. :)

RSS

• Upvote 2

IMO - if TQueezy is right & the information he received is 100% correct. This does not mean it revalued. They changed their process on how it will be valued, which means we will see varying values on a daily basis based upon how the market sees the value. Initially, it very well could drop to 1250-1300ish... But, ideally the value could slowly rise... Maybe up to 500, 250, etc.

You may be right Darin. Frankly to me that would be a welcome change. I get really tired of looking at that CBI site and seeing 1166.000

Beats 1170.000............I was really tired of that one too.!

• Upvote 2

Are you freaking kidding me?

Out of ALL the zany posters like Okie out there she chooses to diss Tqueezy as the one 'damaging spirits'.Listen 'wife in the know' maybe the day Tqueezy has 10 million failed predictions like TerryK,Blaino,or Okie you could understandable call him out on it?But what was said to offend the mystery woman exactly?That it might take half a month to a month for it to get to the level of 1 dollar to 1.50 a Dinar instead of 3.42 immediately?Lol oh nooooez the agony of the wait.Listen lady 1/1 is amazing and I could wait several months if need be for such a great payoff.Once again 'wife in the know' find someone to pick on that actually deserves it.If constant liars like Okie would ust STFU for good and be replaced by decent guys like Adam,Hoosier,Tqueezy,SWG, etc we would be much better off.

Wife in the know was saying last month it would RV in January. She was wrong so she has no room to be talking!

***///

So --- come out low then rise over time to (+/-) 3.42.....? :unsure:/>

How much time...?

(we're older than SNOWGLOBE and may not be here for that :P/> )

I wish I were only older than Snowglobe. I'm older than dirt, and I really may not be around to spend at least a good-sized handful of this money. So they'd better hurry up. lol

• Upvote 4

IMO, IF the lower demoms are not ready then wouldn't it make sense to have the dinar come out at 1:1 so they can still make change with the Dollar??? I read in posts past that it was possible for the two currencies to co-exist while they introduced the lower denoms and as the Dinar rose in value then the Dollar would slowly be pulled out of Iraqs circulation as the Dollar would be becoming weaker against their Dinar. Something about the Iraqi Pride. I'm just paraphrasing but doeas anyone have thoughts on this?

• Upvote 1