Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

***^^^ IT RV-ED!!! ^^^***

TQueezy

Wheww finally caught barely had time to finish DOGS birthday cake.

gun_cake.jpg

Happy Birthday Buddy!

Nice cake !!!! smile.gif

Thanks Iowna and thanks DV.

One day this is gonna be for real and everybodys lives will be changed for ever.

I hope the forum stays even after the RV.

I wouldnt have anyone to argue with except the Mrs. hahahah

• Upvote 1

You can say what you want but I call BS when I see BS & this is BS.

First off we have see Turki say it will be a free float not a managed float . There is your First BS call.

Secondly they rate won't drop because what we see is a programed rate which is not the true rate & we know the real rate is somewhere near $1.17 because Shabibi let that slip one time in an article. So there is BS #2 from you.

To follow up on one last thing when it goes to free float the rate would not be $1.56 in a week or 2 we might get lucky enough to see a dime in a week or 2 of it floating from 1166 but to get over 1-1 that would take about 6 months. so I say BS # 3 from you.

I call them like I see them. You are the new Okie or Terrk Guru boy.

I don't fall for BS like this anymore.

Bet yet you believe that the auctions are in place to remove dinar off the streets...... blink.gif

• Upvote 3

First off we have see Turki say it will be a free float not a managed float . There is your First BS call.

Secondly they rate won't drop because what we see is a programed rate which is not the true rate & we know the real rate is somewhere near $1.17 because Shabibi let that slip one time in an article. So there is BS #2 from you.

To follow up on one last thing when it goes to free float the rate would not be $1.56 in a week or 2 we might get lucky enough to see a dime in a week or 2 of it floating from 1166 but to get over 1-1 that would take about 6 months. so I say BS # 3 from you.

chill_pill.gif

Take 2 your in the rumors section TQ thanks for bringing us your info.

• Upvote 2

Dude quite shating on my birthday cake will ya.

CHILL BABY

Its the rumour section .

• Upvote 2

I'm not trying to put down your info or be a downer, but anyone who knows me on this site knows that I am a realist.

While what you are stating is possible, without having lower denominations available, it is not possible for the value to increase beyond what the current denominations allow for.

I will use the same example as I have in the past

If 1 dinar is equal to 1 usd and you go to buy a bottle of soda for 1 dinar how are you going to receive change if the lowest denomination available is 50 dinar? it is not possible to make change nor is it possible to pay for that soda with a 1 dinar denomination.

HOWEVER....This can work is if the float is managed until such time that lower denominations are available or if they already do exist, but the value will remain low to accommodate for the high denominations. If the dinar is allowed to appreciate without lower denominations, the people of Iraq will not have any way to pay for simple everyday items.

Kinda makes you wonder what ever happened to the debit card for the people of Iraq. It was not something they were very fond of happening, however, if they have become comfortable with the ration cards, they might be willing to use debit cards instead of cash for a short period of time. I find this to be a very unlikely scenario.

Hope this is all true, I would love to finally get off this ride.

They're using our money now. Why can't they just continue until their money is ready? :)

• Upvote 2

Damn, Brokers and Money Makers would love to know what you know. Instead of pretending to understand currency speculation, you really need to study up on the proper use of the english language.

• Upvote 4

If 1 dinar is equal to 1 usd and you go to buy a bottle of soda for 1 dinar how are you going to receive change if the lowest denomination available is 50 dinar? it is not possible to make change nor is it possible to pay for that soda with a 1 dinar denomination.

HOWEVER....This can work is if the float is managed until such time that lower denominations are available or if they already do exist, but the value will remain low to accommodate for the high denominations. If the dinar is allowed to appreciate without lower denominations, the people of Iraq will not have any way to pay for simple everyday items.

Kinda makes you wonder what ever happened to the debit card for the people of Iraq. It was not something they were very fond of happening, however, if they have become comfortable with the ration cards, they might be willing to use debit cards instead of cash for a short period of time. I find this to be a very unlikely scenario.

Makes sense to me... thanks for sharing...

KK

MADD for Heather

They're using our money now. Why can't they just continue until their money is ready? :)/>/>

They can. The exchange rate is only good when you can exchange it for another currency. A gallon of gas will still cost you $3.35+/- USD a gallon regardless of its strength or weakness against another countries currency. Until the US dollar is no longer accepted as payment in Iraq, the exchange rate will not really matter IMO. DayTrader

Edited by DayTrader
  • Upvote 2

Please keep in mind that Iraq does have the 25 and 100 dinar coins already minted and ready to roll out. Also, there is already a 25 dinar note. There are pictures on the CBI website. Also, I think that Winalot had looked at the earnings of the big English company that does all the printing of currency some months ago and they had discussed in their earnings report that a big order for new currency had been delayed until the fourth quarter of last year. So that could've been Iraq and the small denoms could already be ready. Just a thought. At least we know that the small coins already exist.

• Upvote 1

Please keep in mind that Iraq does have the 25 and 100 dinar coins already minted and ready to roll out. Also, there is already a 25 dinar note. There are pictures on the CBI website. Also, I think that Winalot had looked at the earnings of the big English company that does all the printing of currency some months ago and they had discussed in their earnings report that a big order for new currency had been delayed until the fourth quarter of last year. So that could've been Iraq and the small denoms could already be ready. Just a thought. At least we know that the small coins already exist.

The coins and such you are describing are ones distributed back in 03-04 but were retracted and are no longer legal tender.....

Yes but they can reintroduce them and the coins are still listed on the CBI site with the notation that they are not currently in circulation.

The coins retracted were more then likely destroyed.....they were taken out of circulation yes, but I do believe that govt approval would be necessary to issue a new currency.....and they seem pretty much against that idea right now....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, I don't see why the coins would still be listed on the CBI website as part of Iraq's current currency--although uncirculated-- if that weren't accurate but you seem to know way more about this than I so I will defer .....

For me, I just don't understand how Iraq could revalue without actually having lower demons. I don't think the economy could run without them if the value of the dinar truly appreciates.

• Upvote 1

The CBI website is like MySpace... outdated, unused, and unpopular.

People would continue to use the USD until the IQD surpassed it in value, most likely. In the interim, they could print more lower notes already established and use coins and fils. I can't pretend to know what they will do in Iraq. I just know I'll wait for at least 1 to 1 and start trading in my dinar for electronic USD and then plan out how I will spend it on assets that won't lose value or be too volatile.

• Upvote 3

Well, I don't see why the coins would still be listed on the CBI website as part of Iraq's current currency--although uncirculated-- if that weren't accurate but you seem to know way more about this than I so I will defer .....

For me, I just don't understand how Iraq could revalue without actually having lower demons. I don't think the economy could run without them if the value of the dinar truly appreciates.

I honestly couldnt tell you why they are still there on the site.....maybe since it was part of the current series of notes???

But I do agree....if the CBI intends to raise the value of the dinar, they will eventually need lower denominations.....at a certain point they would need to be introduced

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

People would continue to use the USD until the IQD surpassed it in value, most likely. In the interim, they could print more lower notes already established and use coins and fils. I can't pretend to know what they will do in Iraq. I just know I'll wait for at least 1 to 1 and start trading in my dinar for electronic USD and then plan out how I will spend it on assets that won't lose value or be too volatile.

I agree. I think we will all have electronic USD when cashing in anyway. It isn't going to be possible to just walk into a bank and exhange Dinar for hard cash imo. Especially given the sums involved even if it RVs at .10. (edited for spelling and punctuation. sheesh. I have fat fingers today)

Edited by Tirebiter
  • Upvote 1

I can't imagine it to be hard to introduce a lower denomination here or a lower denomination there as it is needed. As of now, I bet many use large notes... Imagine if they needed more of the middle-range notes (i.e., 1,000 or 5,000s). Than the 25ks can be pulled from circulation over time. Thus as they do that, they could introduce lower denominations that are currently not in circulation at that time to balance out what is needed by the people. As the value slowly rises over time, 25ks may be less popular. Imagine how many of us still use cash and see $20 bills. I bet that is how often a 25k is used or seen in their area (if not more due to a high cash-based society). Eventually that 25k could be about as common as we come across$100 bills. We're a bad country to compare/contrast when it comes to currency units because many of us work with checks (which are becoming more and more outdated) and check cards. I never have cash on me, as its rare.

If they're managing the float, they can help prevent too much appreciation to balance out the necessary required units of currency to function in their economy. This duration of time may be "long" but I think it is best for them.. How long-term is the question? Who knows.. It could be years to hit high rates (maybe even beyond) but to see a steady rise is not out of the question.. We may have moments where the appreciation is great and quick and other moments of time it drags out slowly.

TOTALLY IRRESPONSIBLE OF YOU

TO POST THIS HEADLINE !

DO NOT say it is done, until it is done, as in cash in hand. Not, repeat NOT, it will be done by this or that time. Only an idiot hollers fire in a movie theater.

:angry:/>

smee2

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 16

TOTALLY IRRESPONSIBLE OF YOU

TO POST THIS HEADLINE !

DO NOT say it is done, until it is done, as in cash in hand. Not, repeat NOT, it will be done by this or that time. Only an idiot hollers fire in a movie theater.

:angry:/>/>/>

smee2

It's done refers to the setting in motion of the planned float and removing of restrictions on international trading.

I doubt anyone will be making "It's done!" posts if they already have exchanged their physical dinars for whatever desired currency...

Edited by TQueezy
  • Upvote 4