Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Federal Court Indicts President Obama Will not see end of his second term

Jmasters

unemplyoment went up from 7.8. to 7.9 .. and ..

Weekly Unemployment Claims Rise Above Expectations

By Doug Short

January 31, 2013

The Unemployment Insurance Weekly Claims Report was released this morning for last week. The 368,000 new claims number was a larger than forecast 38,000 increase from the previous week. The less volatile and closely watched four-week moving average, which is usually a better indicator of the recent trend, rose from 351,750 to 352,000. Here is the official statement from the Department of Labor:

In the week ending January 26, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial (NEW) claims was 368,000, an increase of 38,000 from the previous week's unrevised figure of 330,000. The 4-week moving average was 352,000, an increase of 250 from the previous week's

i do know you liberals like it when our economy shrinks and the unemployment rate increases .. and you call it improving .. but the facts are the facts

Seeing as you didn't post a link, I'll do it for you.

Linky

A Four Year Comparison

Here is an overlay of the past three calendar years and the beginning of 2013 using the 4-week moving average. The purpose is to show the relative slope of improvement since the peak in the spring of 2009. Here, too, we see a clear illustration of the Superstorm rise and fall in the moving average, and the first three weeks of this year show the sharpest beginning-of-year decline during the illustrated timeframe.

weekly-unemployment-claims-yearly-overlay.gif

Cherry picking data only works if people don't bother to check the entire content of the article

And from this article

Within January’s employment report, construction was one of the more encouraging areas, adding jobs in each of the last four months. This was probably the result of rebuilding from Hurricane Sandy, unseasonably warm weather that led to fewer work stoppages and the nascent housing recovery, said Joshua Shapiro, chief United States economist at MFR.

Retailing, health care and the wholesale trade also added positions in January, while the government again shed jobs. Government payrolls shrank in most months over the last four years. The pullback in government spending, especially on the military, led to a slight contraction in fourth-quarter gross domestic product, reported on Wednesday. The decline in military spending was partly caused by uncertainty over the fiscal impasse, which eased temporarily with a compromise in Washington at the start of the year.

So, as I asked previously in this thread, can you explain that thing to me again about government spending not having a positive impact on employment and the economy?

Why haven't you answered this question?

***///***///

OCDUDE is quoting articles from REUTERS....! laugh.gif

Guess he doesn't know they're owned by the illuminati and were/are used to spread

propaganda and start world wars, for pete's sake!

everything they print is with THEIR ultimate agenda in mind!

Reuters is THE biggest sham sheet in the world, OCD....

the only reason you need to bring anything from them over here is if

we're cleaning the birdcage or wrapping fish!

****////****////

The More You Know wink.gif

I wonder what the headline would be on the illuminati webpage????

World Domination By The Illuminati.......450 years in the planning......and still planning!!

Don't worry girls....us guys in the NWO are all over the Illuminati!

what are you happy about the 25 million people who cannot collect unemployment and are off the list now .. theres still 25 million unemployed in america,, just because their unemployment benifits have run out doesnt mean the economy is better now .. .. 130,000 new people enter the job market each month .. every month . young adults graduate from school and college .. that more than covers the jobs that are being created in this country .. we still are over 20% unemployment in america no matter how they draw their fake charts up ..its going to take a certain number of people to sustain our country ,, they have cut that number back and the unemployed may never get a job again .. get used to the new workforce size ... and get ready to pay even more taxes to pay for food stamps , housing , health care ., of all those 25 million unemployed on top of the 150 million people who dont work in america... yep i said it theres over 175 milion people who do not contribute to the creation of funds in this country ..

and dont throw no liberal bull crap on how they help by spending our money that we work for . .. thats slavery ,, telling some people they have to work for something that is given away for free by our govt to any one who votes for them ... people are getting tired of working for something thats given away for free .. we need to get obama to get a job in some unskilled labor position.. he sure isnt any good at governing . do you know how much money has gone thru our governments hands in the last 4 years .. around 5 trillion a year .. 20 trillion dollars .. and obama cant arrange those funds in a way to move our economy ? hes a dope hanging on to the same ole policies that got us into this mess in the first place

• Upvote 2

what are you happy about the 25 million people who cannot collect unemployment and are off the list now .. theres still 25 million unemployed in america,, just because their unemployment benifits have run out doesnt mean the economy is better now .. .. 130,000 new people enter the job market each month .. every month . young adults graduate from school and college .. that more than covers the jobs that are being created in this country .. we still are over 20% unemployment in america no matter how they draw their fake charts up ..its going to take a certain number of people to sustain our country ,, they have cut that number back and the unemployed may never get a job again .. get used to the new workforce size ... and get ready to pay even more taxes to pay for food stamps , housing , health care ., of all those 25 million unemployed on top of the 150 million people who dont work in america... yep i said it theres over 175 milion people who do not contribute to the creation of funds in this country ..

and dont throw no liberal bull crap on how they help by spending our money that we work for . .. thats slavery ,, telling some people they have to work for something that is given away for free by our govt to any one who votes for them ... people are getting tired of working for something thats given away for free .. we need to get obama to get a job in some unskilled labor position.. he sure isnt any good at governing . do you know how much money has gone thru our governments hands in the last 4 years .. around 5 trillion a year .. 20 trillion dollars .. and obama cant arrange those funds in a way to move our economy ? hes a dope hanging on to the same ole policies that got us into this mess in the first place

REALLY??

Employers added 157,000 jobs last month and 127,000 more jobs were created in November and December than previously reported, the Labor Department said. Revisions performed each January to the prior year's data showed the labor market was healthier in 2012 than initially thought.

While the unemployment rate rose 0.1 percentage point to 7.9 percent, the closely watched report showed an increase in hourly earnings and solid gains in construction and retail employment.

OOOOOH....that had to hurt....

Edited by ocdude
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

REALLY??

Employers added 157,000 jobs last month and 127,000 more jobs were created in November and December than previously reported, the Labor Department said. Revisions performed each January to the prior year's data showed the labor market was healthier in 2012 than initially thought.

While the unemployment rate rose 0.1 percentage point to 7.9 percent, the closely watched report showed an increase in hourly earnings and solid gains in construction and retail employment.

OOOOOH....that had to hurt....

dam ..i didnt know that ,, those lib press men are really keeping your glass full of kool aid..

OBAMA IS PRACTICING THE SAME OLE POLICIES THAT GOT US IN THIS MESS IN THE FIRST PLACE .. HES FUMBLING AROUND MAKING A FOOL OUT OF ALL YOU PEOPLE TRYING TO BACK UP HIS STUPIDITY BY COVERING UP THE TRUTH

THE DROP WAS MAINLY CREATED BY CUTS IN DEFENSE SPENDING ,, AND NOW MORE ARE ON THE WAY .. 4RTH QUARTER IS OUR BUSY SEASON .. LOTS OF SPENDING GOING ON THROUGH THE HOLIDAY SEASON ..BUT NOT THIS PAST HOLIDAY SEASON . IT TANKED AND SHRUNK .. GO AHEAD LIE TO YOURSELF

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Maybe you could petition congress to repeal some of the child labour laws. Damn moochin kindergartners!

The latest BLS Figures state that there are 3.7 million job openings (November 2012). If you could magically fill all of those jobs tomorrow with people who are currently unemployed, the unemployment rate would drop to 5.1%, which is not too bad.

The figures by level of education would indicate that it is more of a skills shortage than a jobs shortage.

The unemployment rate for bachelors degree or higher is 3.9%

For some college or associates degree it's 6.9%

For high school grads it's 8%

For less than high school it's 11.7%

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Me, My Wife, My 18 and 19 year olds cannot find work.

I am Master A.S.E. Certified technician by trade and also install Directv and Dish. I get very few jobs in the Satellite business even being able to do both and Vehicle repair only wants garage mechanics so the shop doesn't have to pay what I'm worth.

My wife just lost her job of 7yrs just for forgetting to clock in. She did it over 3yrs ago and she just got a warning but now they are looking for any excuse to get rid of full time employees and just keep the part timers for insurance purposes.

All of us have put in Apps through out the city and nothing. I nor my wife EVER have been out of work in the 20+ years we have been together.

So explain to me how the economy has gotton better or will get better. When bush was president at least we were making a descent income.

When Obama became President I didn't pay much attention as I don't usually pay attention to politics, but 6 or so months after his start I noticed my work was becoming very thin and I tried to open my own business in different states and in both Satellite and Automotive and I couldn't find people that wanted to spend money. I had short spurts but most of the time I had to work alone so I could charge just enought to support me and not my business overhead and even a while doing that it fizzled out. People just didn't have the money to purchase my services and noticed that some tried to work on there own vehicles or had family help for free as they couldn't pay me even $30 an hour for Professional work. Normally I would make $75 flag hours.

So needless to say I started watching and reading everything I could about this President and everyone else that had control of my future and I must say they do not have us Americans interest at heart only there Power and our Money in there pockets not ours.

• Upvote 4

THE DROP WAS MAINLY CREATED BY CUTS IN DEFENSE SPENDING ,, AND NOW MORE ARE ON THE WAY .. 4RTH QUARTER IS OUR BUSY SEASON .. LOTS OF SPENDING GOING ON THROUGH THE HOLIDAY SEASON ..BUT NOT THIS PAST HOLIDAY SEASON . IT TANKED AND SHRUNK .. GO AHEAD LIE TO YOURSELF

Not according to this article

From the linked article:

Despite the looming cliff - which could have meant a sharp tax increase for all Americans - consumer spending climbed from the third quarter, as did business investment in equipment and software, and investment in housing.

By the way, I'm still curious how you reconcile your calls for reduced government spending to boost the economy when you quote above:

THE DROP WAS MAINLY CREATED BY CUTS IN DEFENSE SPENDING

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

fredgraph.png?&chart_type=line&graph_id=0&category_id=&recession_bars=On&width=525&height=315&bgcolor=%23cccc99&graph_bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&txtcolor=%23000000&ts=8&preserve_ratio=false&fo=ge&assad=1&id=CIVPART&transformation=lin&scale=Left&range=Custom&cosd=1980-01-01&coed=2012-08-01&line_color=%23660000&link_values=&mark_type=NONE&mw=4&line_style=Solid&lw=2&vintage_date=2012-09-07&revision_date=2012-09-07&mma=0&nd=&ost=&oet=&fml=a&fq=Monthly&fam=avg

If we take the labor participation rate at the start of the great recession, 66%, we get a whole other number of jobs needed each month to keep up with population growth. If we keep the same rate of unemployment, 8.1%, we would need 545,551 jobs per month and it would take an entire year to get to the same August rate of unemployment, 8.1%.

This is because by increasing the labor participation rate 2.5%, we took 6,089,150 people not counted and added them to the labor force statistics and of course, they would enter in as unemployed. The unemployment rate is the ratio of those in the civilian labor force who do not have a job against those who who do.

We can also estimate the number of jobs needed each month, just to maintain, by rough numbers. If we assume a smoothed noninstitutional civilian population growth rate of 0.076% per month, then next month's population growth would be 185,617 additional people ages 16 and over and not locked up somewhere. If we then assume the labor participation rate of this new growth would be 68.0% and not the actual, artificially low 63.5%, we would get an additional 126,920 jobs needed to keep up with this population growth.

This is much more realistic for new population growth is probably going to enter the labor force looking for a job. The BLS counts illegal immigrants, green card holders and foreign guest workers in their statistics and most of the population growth is due to immigration. These people either already have a job upon entering the country, or are going to want one fast. Bottom line, yes Virginia, increased immigration does affect labor markets, all else being static. I do believe to say our economic growth and thus labor demand is static at the moment is not an understatement.

Check out the Atlanta Federal Reserve jobs calculator. It's Economic Populist approved, we checked their arithmetic and assumptions.

If this is not enough to convince you, we suggest reading this article, this or this one for more background.

Finally our favorite and never reported BLS statistic amplifies the terrible situation for labor in this country. The BLS surveys people considered not part of the labor force and asks if they want a job right now. Below is a graph of the people who said yes and watch how this figure swells.

fredgraph.png?bgcolor=%23cccc99&fo=ge&height=315&width=525&id=NILFWJN&scale=Left&range=Custom&cosd=2000-01-01&coed=2012-08-01&line_color=%23660000&link_values=false&line_style=Solid&mark_type=NONE&mw=4&lw=3&ost=-99999&oet=99999&mma=0&fml=a&fq=Monthly&fam=avg&fgst=lin&transformation=lin&vintage_date=2012-09-07&revision_date=2012-09-07

For August 2012, those not counted in the labor force but report they actually want and need a job increased by 403,000 in a month. That, folks, should have you horrified. Literally we have desperate and destitute people falling through the statistical crevasse, into the abyss where they can only shout out from the numerical darkness, yes I want a job!

tHIS IS JUST PART OF WHAT i FOUND BUT PUTS A MONKEY WRENCH INTO OCDUDES BOAST OF THE 157,000 ADDED JOBS. iT DOESN'T COVER EVEN THE JOBS NEEDED EVERY MONTH JUST FOR THOSE THAT COME INTO THE WORKING AGE.

LINK: http://www.economicpopulist.org/content/how-many-jobs-are-needed-keep-population-growth

• Upvote 2

***///***///

RESPECTRON.... awesome posts. :D

You're not only better looking,

but obviously smarter than the commie tool you're sparring with here.

Even though some of us were warned and told about OCDUDE (aka O.C.D. :P ) and his little commie pal TIGERSTRIPES (aka T.S. :lol: )... they still seem to be able to get the attention they crave here.

We've, as SO many now have, realised they are agitator plants to rile us on our boards here previously warned & banned for being so... now back under different banners to push their agenda of havoc.

We've mounted a campaign to ignore them.

They are, as we've mentioned before, victims of an educational system inundated with kool-aid-spewing, commie indoctrinators (like their svengali god obummer) and have no capacity for TRUTH.

They are Un-American, hateful, ignorant and caustic to truthful, coherent banter.

THEY FOLLOW THE SCRIPT OF THEIR COMMIE LEADERS SO OBVIOUSLY IT'S SICKENING.

In other words, like their svengali idol, they are liars.

Tools, planted all over our Republic to crush Freedom and Truth.

DO NOT ENGAGE THEM.

Just pretend, whenever you see their posts,

that there's a DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS sigh right there and pass them by.

Being they are mentally unbalanced,

getting ignored is the worst punishment you can give these ego-maniacs.

• Upvote 4

SgtFury – You are way cool with your choice of words. I look forward in seeing them!

OCDude may be a brother of mine Tony. He is the biggest gas hole I know. It is not really his fault. Mother and Dad both worked for the state for years and both love their unions and of course the man in blue can do no wrong. Mother say about O is that all presidents lie. In fact she said it was not even Bills fault that a “floozy” trapped him in the oval office and let his guard down. Naturally I cannot go head to head with Mother because of #5 (honor thy Mother and Father.) But I can go head to head with OCDUDE (AKA Tony.)

I am the only one in the family to have worked 6 days a week for years to get two degrees and use both daily. I work for myself and have done so since I was 8. My brother does think it is GW’s fault and I think deep down he has the case of the “give me’s.

I have called him several times but he won’t return the call.

• Upvote 5

***///

BIGW.... We find your honesty, acceptance and candor quite refreshing,

as confession is good for the soul. ;)

The 1st step to healing is admitting you have a problem and you've clearly laid out yours here! :lol:

GOOD ON YA!

It's okay that you don't get a call back,

as a man is known by the company he keeps and you're better off without them.

We can pick our friends, we can pick our nose, but we can't pick our family.

They are thrust upon us by fate. :P

Keep your own ideology free from the commie mantras and agenda and you'll find your peace.

Mahalo, Bro B)

Luv, Sarge'sGals :wub:

• Upvote 3

SgtFury – You are way cool with your choice of words. I look forward in seeing them!

OCDude may be a brother of mine Tony. He is the biggest gas hole I know.

MIGHT WANT TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR...there's a bigger one there.

I have called him several times but he won’t return the call.

Given your attitude and the fact that you cannot accept facts, CAN'T BLAME HIM. :o

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

fredgraph.png?&chart_type=line&graph_id=0&category_id=&recession_bars=On&width=525&height=315&bgcolor=%23cccc99&graph_bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&txtcolor=%23000000&ts=8&preserve_ratio=false&fo=ge&assad=1&id=CIVPART&transformation=lin&scale=Left&range=Custom&cosd=1980-01-01&coed=2012-08-01&line_color=%23660000&link_values=&mark_type=NONE&mw=4&line_style=Solid&lw=2&vintage_date=2012-09-07&revision_date=2012-09-07&mma=0&nd=&ost=&oet=&fml=a&fq=Monthly&fam=avg

If we take the labor participation rate at the start of the great recession, 66%, we get a whole other number of jobs needed each month to keep up with population growth. If we keep the same rate of unemployment, 8.1%, we would need 545,551 jobs per month and it would take an entire year to get to the same August rate of unemployment, 8.1%.

This is because by increasing the labor participation rate 2.5%, we took 6,089,150 people not counted and added them to the labor force statistics and of course, they would enter in as unemployed. The unemployment rate is the ratio of those in the civilian labor force who do not have a job against those who who do.

We can also estimate the number of jobs needed each month, just to maintain, by rough numbers. If we assume a smoothed noninstitutional civilian population growth rate of 0.076% per month, then next month's population growth would be 185,617 additional people ages 16 and over and not locked up somewhere. If we then assume the labor participation rate of this new growth would be 68.0% and not the actual, artificially low 63.5%, we would get an additional 126,920 jobs needed to keep up with this population growth.

This is much more realistic for new population growth is probably going to enter the labor force looking for a job. The BLS counts illegal immigrants, green card holders and foreign guest workers in their statistics and most of the population growth is due to immigration. These people either already have a job upon entering the country, or are going to want one fast. Bottom line, yes Virginia, increased immigration does affect labor markets, all else being static. I do believe to say our economic growth and thus labor demand is static at the moment is not an understatement.

Check out the Atlanta Federal Reserve jobs calculator. It's Economic Populist approved, we checked their arithmetic and assumptions.

If this is not enough to convince you, we suggest reading this article, this or this one for more background.

Finally our favorite and never reported BLS statistic amplifies the terrible situation for labor in this country. The BLS surveys people considered not part of the labor force and asks if they want a job right now. Below is a graph of the people who said yes and watch how this figure swells.

fredgraph.png?bgcolor=%23cccc99&fo=ge&height=315&width=525&id=NILFWJN&scale=Left&range=Custom&cosd=2000-01-01&coed=2012-08-01&line_color=%23660000&link_values=false&line_style=Solid&mark_type=NONE&mw=4&lw=3&ost=-99999&oet=99999&mma=0&fml=a&fq=Monthly&fam=avg&fgst=lin&transformation=lin&vintage_date=2012-09-07&revision_date=2012-09-07

For August 2012, those not counted in the labor force but report they actually want and need a job increased by 403,000 in a month. That, folks, should have you horrified. Literally we have desperate and destitute people falling through the statistical crevasse, into the abyss where they can only shout out from the numerical darkness, yes I want a job!

tHIS IS JUST PART OF WHAT i FOUND BUT PUTS A MONKEY WRENCH INTO OCDUDES BOAST OF THE 157,000 ADDED JOBS. iT DOESN'T COVER EVEN THE JOBS NEEDED EVERY MONTH JUST FOR THOSE THAT COME INTO THE WORKING AGE.

LINK: http://www.economicpopulist.org/content/how-many-jobs-are-needed-keep-population-growth

THANKS , THAT WAS ONE OF THE MOST INTELLIGENT RESPONSES TO THE NONSENSE IVE SEEN .. YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD AND DROVE IT HOME IN ONE SWING

• Upvote 5

Why don't you put a link to snopes where you found something discrediting Jmaster's post please. I just searched Lyndon Larouche's name and nothing came up. I searched Obama indictmet also and the only one popping up is something from October 2012 that has nothing to do with what is said in the video. Please enlighten us.

Dude I saw it on Blacklistednews.com last friday. I don't believe this wil ever see the light of day. He and his thugs are on a killing spree and that would be a cantidate for a date with a sniper.

You People Think YOU Are The Majority...

In All Honesty... You Are Something To Behold.

Progress Will Happen... With OR Without YOU!!!

Thank Goodness rolleyes.gif

respectron pointed it out to you .. and this is all you can say to it .

look paying welfare does not fix things .. our single biggest debt holder in the united staes is social security . 2.6 trillion dollars.. its time to make some cuts to our govt spending problems .. so we can pay down our debt and eliminate our 600 billion a year interest payments ..

why dont you post something that proves respectrons post false .. that is the single most biggest problem that is only geting worse ..

they lower unemployment numbers when peoples unemployment benifits expire .. even if they still dont have a job ..

his post explain it very well . the workforce participation is in the dumps .

• Upvote 2

I'll make a bet that for the next four years, Obama will still be president and the country will be still moving forward. :rolleyes:/>

I know hard working Americans will be moving forward because thats what we do no matter how bad our government keeps screwing us.

I will make a bet with you.... This economy will get a lot worse over the next 2 years. The mid term elections will see the senate fall to conservatives and the house will gain seats and become veto proof..... Name your price!! The economy is not getting better and to spout off that it is shows your lack of intellectual honesty. A shrinking GDP, a rising debt and deficit, higher taxes and a monumental increase in regulation will all cause an economic recession if not a depression. By the way, 4 years later and your still blaming Bush! When are you liberals ever going to own up to your own mistakes and failures?

Stone I just want to have your back that if we don't have an RV in that time frame.then I to believe you to be correct

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I know hard working Americans will be moving forward because thats what we do no matter how bad our government keeps screwing us.

So...if the economy is bad, it's Obama's fault....if it's good, it's AMERICANS fault. Yep...nothing wrong with THAT reasoning. :lol:

• Upvote 1

LINK: http://www.economicp...pulation-growth

This article traces the employment particpipation rate back a bit further.

part1202121_big.gif

Source: Bianco Research

As can be seen from the chart, the participation rate actually started to decline around 1999. The article lists a few reasons for the decline in participation rate:

As the chart above shows, this peaked in 1999, and has been trending downwards ever since. There are several reasons why this is:

• Demographics of the aging baby boomers, whop are retiring, living longer, and impacting this ratio;

• Technology/DotCom collapse eliminated lots of malinvestment driven Tech jobs;

• Financial/Credit crash eliminated lots of malinvestment driven banking/RE jobs;

• Ongoing outsourcing, globalization, etc.

• Robotics

It will be interesting to watch this trend over the coming years as more of the baby boomers remove themselves from the workforce.

I don't believe that anybody is saying that the current unemployment rate and, perhaps more importantly, the under-employment rate is a good thing. But it is interesting to note that the majority of lay-offs in the previous few years have been from the public sector.

There are a couple of schools of thought as to why the private sector is not hiring at the moment.

One, is that there is a lack of demand at the moment, which is being fed by lack of funds in the discretional spending market.

I'll post the chart below again so that dontlop can make another attempt at explaining how trickle down economics is working so well.

household-incomes-mean-real.gif

My link

As the chart shows, the lowest three quintiles have seen very little or no gain in real take home income over the last 40 years. I would suspect that the top quintiles, in the preceeding years have been funneling increased incomes into hedge funds etc, that are not really job creating.

The other thought is that the lack of private sector hiring is due to uncertainty in the market.

Probably it's a combination of both. Corporate profits are still at high levels, which would mean that there is obviously some demand still in the marketplace, but the drop in business inventories in the latest round of reports suggest that businesses are still uncertain as to what the future market conditions will be like.

One unfortunate sideshow to this is that if consumers aren't spending in the economy, then the government must make up for it. Conservatives traditionally don't like spending (aside from military spending and social security) and this leads to stoppages and arguments in government.

When you combine the lack of spending in federal government with the lay offs and reduced spending in state governments, and then throw in less consumer spending, then those factors combine to make climbing out of the most recession much more difficult than previous recessions.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1