Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Gun Haters Do Not Understand The 2nd Amendment

jonjon

Gun Haters Do Not Understand The 2nd Amendment

Dec.27, 2012

Every time there is an incident of gun related violence, it seems the crazies start coming out the woodwork like roaches in a wood pile.

Do gun haters just not understand what the 2nd amendment is about, or are they just stupid?

Lets take this video about an anti-gun rally.

Place the blame where it belongs, on mentally ill people.

Jeffrey Dahmer murdered 17 people, and did not use a single gun.

Adam Lanza murdered 26 people.

What did Jeffrey Dahmer and Adam Lanza have in common? Both of them were mentally ill.

If we want to make society safe, lets keep mentally ill people locked away from the general public. Whether its a gun, a knife, baseball bat,,,, mentally ill people will find a way to kill others.

The true purpose of the 2nd Amendment

Our forefathers established the 2nd amendment for a reason. George Washington did not write the British to death, he took up arms, established a militia, and killed the British.

This nation was founded and protected through the private ownership of guns.

Who protected New Orleans during the war of 1812? It was a bunch of men with their hunting rifles.

Who protected the United States when there was no Army, no Marines and no Navy? It was the everyday people.

If the United States were to be invaded, who would step up to protect the nation? It would be the armed citizens.

There is an old saying, the pen is mightier then the sword.

I would like to add a second part to that saying, “when the pen and the sword both fail to delivery the needed results, you pick up your rifle and the kill the enemy.”

Did the British give up because of what some newspaper wrote about King George III? The people that wrote negatively about the King of England were imprisoned. Our forefathers took up arms and killed every red coat they saw.

Did Mexico peacefully hand over Texas? It was armed citizens who beat General Santa Anna at the battle of San Jacinto on 21 April 1836 that won Texas its independence.

Hitler did not give up because of what some newspaper wrote about him. Our great grandfathers invaded Germany, bombed the hell out of it, and killed every nazi they saw. World War II was won by guns, bombs, gun powder and bullets. Pen and paper did not convince the nazis to give up.

Where did the guns for World War II come from? From factories that made civilian weapons before the war started.

It is the duty of every United States citizen to contribute something to national security. The United States will never be invaded. Why is that? Because we have 9 guns for every 10 people. No other nation in the world is as armed and ready for war as the United States.

The gun haters do not care about national security, nor do they not care about your rights.

The 2nd Amendment does two things, it protects our nation, and it protects our government. When the pen fails to protect the government, the 2nd Amendment ensures the people have the ability to protect the government through force.

Hitler would be proud of the anti-gun protestors.

• Upvote 6

jonjon - I got your back : “This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead into the future.” Adolph Hitler – 1935.

• Upvote 1

Jon jon: Place the blame where it belongs, on mentally ill people.Jeffrey Dahmer murdered 17 people, and did not use a single gun.Adam Lanza murdered 26 people.What did Jeffrey Dahmer and Adam Lanza have in common? Both of them were mentally ill.If we want to make society safe, lets keep mentally ill people locked away from the general public. Whether its a gun, a knife, baseball bat,,,, mentally ill people will find a way to kill others.Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/139938-gun-haters-do-not-understand-the-2nd-amendment/#ixzz2JQL305cj

I agree, but crazies can perform more murders more quickly with assault rifles. So how do we keep the guns out of their hands? Suggestions please.

By the way it's not a crime to be crazy, and how would you ID the dangerous few without violating everyone's constitutional rights?

Jon jon: Place the blame where it belongs, on mentally ill people.Jeffrey Dahmer murdered 17 people, and did not use a single gun.Adam Lanza murdered 26 people.What did Jeffrey Dahmer and Adam Lanza have in common? Both of them were mentally ill.If we want to make society safe, lets keep mentally ill people locked away from the general public. Whether its a gun, a knife, baseball bat,,,, mentally ill people will find a way to kill others.Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/139938-gun-haters-do-not-understand-the-2nd-amendment/#ixzz2JQL305cj

I agree, but crazies can perform more murders more quickly with assault rifles. So how do we keep the guns out of their hands? Suggestions please.

By the way it's not a crime to be crazy, and how would you ID the dangerous few without violating everyone's constitutional rights?

It's not a crime to own guns. The crazies can kill without guns. Make it a crime to be crazy. When the law abiding citizens don't have guns there will still be an abundance of them in this country. Outlaws can be crazy too. As a matter of fact every crazy that pulled off these assaults was an outlaw. Any new restrictions will only hamper the law abiding citizens.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Owning a gun is not a crime and I hope it doesn't become a crime- except for those who use guns in the commission of crimes. But again I ask how can we be protected from the misuse of firearms? Mandatory sanity tests along with deeper background checks? I'm hoping for practical suggestions, because a dozen citizens slaughtered here and two dozen there is a very high price to pay for the status quo.

• Upvote 1

Jonjon: Make it a crime to be crazy.

I guess we'd need a good definition of insane and sane then, one that respects the first amendment. Are people who hear voices prophets or loonies? Are there good obsessions and bad? Where would car lust, boat lust and gun lust fall in that spectrum?

• Upvote 1

Jonjon: Make it a crime to be crazy.

I guess we'd need a good definition of insane and sane then, one that respects the first amendment. Are people who hear voices prophets or loonies? Are there good obsessions and bad? Where would car lust, boat lust and gun lust fall in that spectrum?

megawatt, I believe your right, It may be too complicated to make it a crime to be crazy. We should focus our energy on minutely controlling the masses through other means, such as gun control. Then when we have the citizen unable to protect their selves maybe speech control. We could probably evolve this minute control all the way to mind control. If we just keep on the same path we are on now we can become Gods with the power we will have over the public. NOT

Owning a gun is not a crime and I hope it doesn't become a crime- except for those who use guns in the commission of crimes. But again I ask how can we be protected from the misuse of firearms? Mandatory sanity tests along with deeper background checks? I'm hoping for practical suggestions, because a dozen citizens slaughtered here and two dozen there is a very high price to pay for the status quo.

I have no idea what the answer is but I do know what it is not..... Restricting guns is not the answer. We have to look no further than our neighbors to the south. 53,000 Mexicans have been killed due to gun violence in recent years yet Mexico has VERY strict gun laws. It is illegal to own a handgun. The only gun you can get a license to legally own is a single shot shotgun. There is only 1 authorized dealer to purchase from in the entire country and its in Mexico City. What has been the outcome of these laws? Criminals are armed to the teeth and law abiding citizens live in fear!

When England outlawed gun ownership, did the amount of violent crimes using guns go down? No! The amount increased!!! Criminals still got guns and law abiding citizens find themselves relying on the cops who are always at least 5 minutes away when you need them in a matter of seconds!!!

So what is the solution? How about a change in the moral fabric of our society! How about a change in the idea of the sanctity of life? When a country embraces the outright murder of the unborn, the natural progression is less value being placed on life! Is it any coincidence that the amount of violence increased with the removal of God from every aspect of public display? How about the entitlement mentality that has been fostered and escalated due to a welfare system that rewards lazy and demonizes prosperity gained through hard work and sacrifice! How about the number of teen suicides, pregnancy and drug/alcohol abuses rising dramatically since the removal of prayer from our public schools?

In case you haven't seen a prevailing parallel here, let me point it out! Liberals pushed for the removal of God from public school. Liberals pushed for the right to murder the unborn. Liberals pushed for greater wealth redistribution. Liberals have so wrecked the moral fabric of this country with their ideals that the obvious outcome is before us, staring us in the face daily!!! Now, do we really think that the liberal idea of more and more gun regulations will fix the problem we have with violence? Look south and you will find the answer to that question!!! Look around this country as well and you will find the answer to that question!!!!

I had no idea Jeffrey Dahmer killed 17 people in less than 2 minutes........maybe they should ban assault teeth. Mentally ill is mentally ill......that's where the comparison ends between these two. dry.gif

GO RV, then BV

So the amount of time matters? Are the 17 people Dahmer killed any less dead because he did over a longer period of time? The comparison is applicable.... They were both mass murderers and they were both crazy.

• Upvote 2

Jon Jon

I believe your wrong with the statement that they do not understand the 2nd Amendment.

They understand it and are fearful of it.They very well know what happens when you take away the peoples means of protection They have seen it time and time again that is what they want.

They know that it is easier to take what you have if their system is armed and you are not.

They know that as long as the people are armed they will not be able to install their complete agenda

Liberals don't like freedom they need and covet total control.

If they don't like milk they want milk banned for all

If they don't like meat they think all meat should be banned.

They are about total control. Control over your whole life. They want to control what you do for a living,

Where we live,where and what to buy. they want to control what is permissible to speak about

Who you should socialize with. they want total control.

If you look back over the last 50 years and see what the policy's they have enacted and what it has done to our society you will realize this can only be done by design.

They are about their master's work. The great deceiver moved in when we were complacent we have allowed them to encroach on the morals and our freedoms little by little.

out of fear of ridicule and fear of being branded intolerant we have allowed them to move in and destroy our morals bit by bit.

Now we are paying the cost. They have been allowed to demonize our church,our God and our way of life.

If you look back you will see all that they have brought to our country is corruptness and sin.

Now is the time to draw the line in the sand and refuse any more COMPROMISE.

Do not assign passion or emotions to them because they have none they are evil.

We need to treat them the same way you would treat a rabid dog.

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise

• Upvote 1

Magawatt... you bring up a good question for sure. But we must ask ourselves some hard questions sometimes... such as "who ever promised us this life would be without some risk?" unsure.gif From day one there have been those who were willing to take another's life for one reason or another... what makes us think we can stop that completely? blink.gif

What guns do is stop the violence from getting out of hand. If someone would have opened up in a movie theater in TN. instead of CO. I guarantee you he would have been dropped within 2 or 3 shot's... TN. allows concealed permit holders to attend movies... thus they don't have to wait 2-3 minutes for the cops to show up. How many rounds can someone fire off in 2-3 minutes? I'm not sure, depending on their skill level and how much they practice... but it's way too many shots when they are aimed at people. The point is this.... we may not be able to stop a sicko from killing one or two people... but we sure the heyall can stop him from killing 10-20 people. Arm the good people and the sicko's won't be so inclined to commit suicide since most of them are cowards anyway!!! dry.gif

As far as the Dahmer thing... a friend of mine was a cop in Milwaukee at the time... and this is sick, but he admitted to me that one of that sicko's victims (a young male) had gotten loose and was found by cops wandering around naked (or nearly so)... they actually delivered him back to Dahmer thinking he was some relative or something (the details are a little sketchy after all these years)... the point is, Dahmer didn't fit the "mass killer" profile... and the cops really blew it, they could have stopped him much earlier if they would have done their due diligence. That was a black mark on those on the case for sure. My friend fortunately wasn't assigned the case, but it still bothers him to this day. sad.gif

I have no idea what the answer is but I do know what it is not..... Restricting guns is not the answer. We have to look no further than our neighbors to the south. 53,000 Mexicans have been killed due to gun violence in recent years yet Mexico has VERY strict gun laws. It is illegal to own a handgun. The only gun you can get a license to legally own is a single shot shotgun. There is only 1 authorized dealer to purchase from in the entire country and its in Mexico City. What has been the outcome of these laws? Criminals are armed to the teeth and law abiding citizens live in fear!

When England outlawed gun ownership, did the amount of violent crimes using guns go down? No! The amount increased!!! Criminals still got guns and law abiding citizens find themselves relying on the cops who are always at least 5 minutes away when you need them in a matter of seconds!!!

So what is the solution? How about a change in the moral fabric of our society! How about a change in the idea of the sanctity of life? When a country embraces the outright murder of the unborn, the natural progression is less value being placed on life! Is it any coincidence that the amount of violence increased with the removal of God from every aspect of public display? How about the entitlement mentality that has been fostered and escalated due to a welfare system that rewards lazy and demonizes prosperity gained through hard work and sacrifice! How about the number of teen suicides, pregnancy and drug/alcohol abuses rising dramatically since the removal of prayer from our public schools?

In case you haven't seen a prevailing parallel here, let me point it out! Liberals pushed for the removal of God from public school. Liberals pushed for the right to murder the unborn. Liberals pushed for greater wealth redistribution. Liberals have so wrecked the moral fabric of this country with their ideals that the obvious outcome is before us, staring us in the face daily!!! Now, do we really think that the liberal idea of more and more gun regulations will fix the problem we have with violence? Look south and you will find the answer to that question!!! Look around this country as well and you will find the answer to that question!!!!

So the amount of time matters? Are the 17 people Dahmer killed any less dead because he did over a longer period of time? The comparison is applicable.... They were both mass murderers and they were both crazy.

Well said. Personally I think we are headed to civil war, and I think Obama and his ilk will have no more compunction turning the military on the population than Stalin did on his.

The line in that video I particularly liked was... "Maybe we should outlaw heroin, and meth too so we can get them off the streets." There is a total logic , and reason fail as far as gun control is concerned on the part of those who support it. The mentally ill, and criminals can, and do kill people. The mentally ill and criminals have always been able to, and always will be able to get guns to kill innocent people therefore we should remove the ability from people to defend themselves from armed criminals, and the armed unstable... that will stop gun violence. That is not rational thought. It is incumbent only on us to protect ourselves and our families... Neither The police nor the government can.. Sane reasonable people understand this. They are no threat to anyone but those who intend to do them harm, or impose an unconstitutional despotic tyranny on them. The second ammendment is neither antiquated nor is it negotiable.

Darkness is the new light...evil is the new good... irrationality is the new rationality. They want to live in darkness without anyone pointing at it so conservative Christians have got to go.

Edited by cranster

Take the guns off the streets, but leave the killers on the street.

American "logic" 101.

Take away the guns, okay the sporting goods stores still sell ball bats, hockey sticks gulf clubs and knives . Take these away, the lumber yards still sell 2x4's and hammers. Plumbing supply stores sell pipes. You can still get killed by a drunk driver. You can be drowned, electrocuted ,poisoned , strangled, die in a house fire or be a victim of a bombing.

If we would enforce the laws already on the books. Gun violence would be cut down dramatically.

The Obama administration`s federal prosecutors are not doing their job. They have a mandatory 5 years sentence for any gun related crime that they are not enforcing. WHY. Because in big cities like Chicago 90% of them would be black and Latino and that would look like racism. Almost every state except for Texas (which is doing a fine fine job) Are not submitting crucial info in to the gun checking data base as by law they are suppose to. We have adequate gun laws on the books that are being totally ignored by law enforcement (largely federal) This really isn't that difficult. If you have been in a psych ward then your name should be in the data system. Will it catch them all.

No it wont) Thats where well armed citizens come in. We cant screen them all so we need to be vigilant and aware at all time.

Look at the situation we have going on right now. Small boy being held in a bunker by a mad man. From what I read this man for the last YEAR AND A HALF was repeatedly turn in to local law enforcement because of violent behavior. This is a classic example of why our gun system is broken. Threat made to neighbors. Killing neighbors pets if they even got close to his property line. It could have been stopped before it got to this level. We also need to kill the ones like Jeff dahlmer who commit these senseless acts. Instead we let them live and feed them on the tax payers dime. Just so the bleeding hearts can feel good. Yes they are all sick. Yes they are all crazy. Crazy should not be a defence. Sorry that your crazy but you still gotta go. Get them off the planet for crying out loud. Public hangings go along way in deterring would be murderers . It serves as a reminder as to what will happen if you screw up. Most of you will say that's barbaric. But so is killing other innocent human beings