Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Turki Banking Conference Speech Translated

ReVbo

nope thats not what im saying . but they could sell some treasurys ..at 1..or 2 %

The higher the risk the higher the rate has to be to attract buyers. The few bonds Iraq has offered (denominate in dollars) were close to 6%. They do not have an ongoing bond market in dinars at all. No one would buy dinar bonds at 1 or 2%. US 30 year bonds are paying 3.17%.

I just read a complete word for word translation done by a teacher from the middle east and what she translated was nothing like what is being presented here.

fwiw

Yo Coolbeans ! Can U Post It Here Or Do Have A Link ? Thx ! ;)

B)B)B)

Yo Coolbeans ! Can U Post It Here Or Do Have A Link ? Thx ! ;)/>

B)/> B)/> B)/>

TRANSLATION BY ABBY .. Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq; Dr Abdel Bassit Turki Saeed speaking January 12th 2013 at the Union of Arab banks conference in Baghdad ...

Also, Note: Lakehouse, sometimes I feel bad after I translate something because someone else has already put their false spin on it. I went back and read the email you sent me and I can't help but wonder why someone would put those points out there. He barely mentions the currency, much less a changing of the currency. The speech is only positive in that it outlines the steps the cbi has taken towards progress. I guess it's a little general and vague, but he definitely doesn't spell out the points mentioned. I guess if someone tries to find a hidden meaning out there they can, but I think someone is trying to mislead people. I'm sorry to all, but the translation I sent you is verbatim what he said. I paused the video after every sentence and wrote it down, then went over it another two times to make sure I didn't miss anything. As much as I wish it was, it's not an RV based speech. I'm still hopeful this will change, especially based on Phoenix's latest intel reports. Sorry again. Lots of love, Abby

January 21, 2013

Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq; Dr Abdel Bassit Turki Saeed speaking January 12th 2013 at the Union of Arab banks conference in Baghdad. The governor explained current changes in banking law in Iraq and the monetary prevailing situation.

(check back for translation)

Hi Lakehouse .. From Abby ...

This is basically word for word what he said. I didn't hear number 4 directly, but it was implied.

In the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate:

The brother, First Deputy of the Union of Arab Banks, Dr. Qusay Al-suhail, guests of the country of Iraq, attendees, bankers. Good morning. It pleases me that the CBI participates with the colleagues of the Union of Arab Banks through this forum of Baghdad's economic and banking sector. Baghdad, which is used to being the Arab embodiment of all which is good and unifies, and which is expected to increase in the coming days, insuring a side of cooperation and development at the level of the Arab economic policies and advanced banking industries, bringing back the area's placement in the management of its resources, at least at the regional level.

It is not a secret that there is a weakness in the economic diversity in Iraq, and its dependence on a main supply which is oil, and which reflects the economic specifications. Despite this economic infrastructure which we have inherited, at this time it presents a unique opportunity to create economic change and speed up development. This is in comparison to developing economies, especially the Iraqi economy, enrichment in human resources, materialism, and other economic areas. We identified significant sources in Iraq which could have accomplished this earlier, and changed the social and economic reality on many fronts, had it been used in the right form. Hence, we look to preserve these resources and prevent their loss. This is not only due to our legal and managerial responsibilities, as well as the trust placed in us, but also due to the fact that this is an opportunity for the growth, prosperity and development for our future generations.

Since 2003, the CBI has taken a number of steps and measures, restlessly balancing between the traditional approach towards conservative monetary policy and between the possible economic consequences of this one sided policy. Thus, it is the return of the traditional policy to prevent the distortion of this policy, and to promote economic stability.

The CBI has an independent regulatory authority responsible for the overseeing of the banking sector. It continuously strives to promote the legal environment, creating more productivity in the banking sector. There is a development of the stable banking organizations, and the overseeing and development of the services of the bank, including the increase of electronic services in its various forms, globally available, and a plan to increase the banking work force to increase one bank for every 40,000 individuals in Iraq.

My banking colleagues: We recognize that the opportunities and roles in the sector are limited. And at this time the returns and profits are declining. However, it is unacceptable that our revenue sources and our actual investments, continue to compete with the currency. We have adopted an exclusive law of the reserves at 15%. 10% is kept by the CBI, and 5% is kept at the bank itself, allowing for larger investment opportunities for the bank.

The economic management in Iraq is based on a documented constitution geared towards the market economy. In a country where the main resource for a foreign currency is the overall economic activity, here the responsibility to maintain this currency falls on the central bank while the true sources of income insure this.

From here, the role of the central bank continues. Even in the past three months, it strives to protect this currency for economic activities through the banking sector, to preserve the validity of the procession towards the market economy. This is done keeping within the legal realm of transactions. There has also been an activation of regulatory tools, as well as coordination with the authorities placed to combat money laundering. There is also cooperation with the border control, including the entrance from the province of Kurdistan. This approach complies with increased economic freedom, as well as the insurance of the safety of our private banks. There is also a commitment to support the work of these banks in expanding their boundaries from national to Arab to global. Therefore, we are very serious in continuously striving to build a safe economic and banking future, and to achieve the reality of absolute discretion in spending money in the proper way, maintaining security.

We work from this platform, which resolves sensitive issues in the activities of the banking and economic sector, in order to succeed in providing practical recommendations to develop performance to serve our society and nation. I would like to thank all of our research colleagues, who have researched, communicated and presented. In conclusion, I thank our colleagues at the Union of Arab Banks, the Global Bank and the Iraqi Banks, for their efforts, and we hope for increased communication, because nothing scratches your skin like your nail. (This is just a saying which implies that they are one through their common goals, etc.)

It is a priority to start building together without waiting for tomorrow. We must build this starting now. Those who do the weight of an atom will see wealth. (Meaning even those who do a little will see blessings)

And peace be upon you, as well as God's mercy and blessings.

• Upvote 5

Once Again - Nice Work Coolbeans ! ;)

Lakehouse Has A Known Rep In The Dinar Community !

I'm Taking Nothing Away From Alexyn + Her Son In Laws Efforts Though !

Trying To Interpret Arabic Is A Difficult Task And It Was Their Hard Work Which Has Caused The Dinar Community To Investigate This Further !

B)B)B)

• Upvote 2

TRANSLATION BY ABBY .. Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq; Dr Abdel Bassit Turki Saeed speaking January 12th 2013 at the Union of Arab banks conference in Baghdad ...

Also, Note: Lakehouse, sometimes I feel bad after I translate something because someone else has already put their false spin on it. I went back and read the email you sent me and I can't help but wonder why someone would put those points out there. He barely mentions the currency, much less a changing of the currency. The speech is only positive in that it outlines the steps the cbi has taken towards progress. I guess it's a little general and vague, but he definitely doesn't spell out the points mentioned. I guess if someone tries to find a hidden meaning out there they can, but I think someone is trying to mislead people. I'm sorry to all, but the translation I sent you is verbatim what he said. I paused the video after every sentence and wrote it down, then went over it another two times to make sure I didn't miss anything. As much as I wish it was, it's not an RV based speech. I'm still hopeful this will change, especially based on Phoenix's latest intel reports. Sorry again. Lots of love, Abby

January 21, 2013

Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq; Dr Abdel Bassit Turki Saeed speaking January 12th 2013 at the Union of Arab banks conference in Baghdad. The governor explained current changes in banking law in Iraq and the monetary prevailing situation.

(check back for translation)

Hi Lakehouse .. From Abby ...

This is basically word for word what he said. I didn't hear number 4 directly, but it was implied.

In the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate:

The brother, First Deputy of the Union of Arab Banks, Dr. Qusay Al-suhail, guests of the country of Iraq, attendees, bankers. Good morning. It pleases me that the CBI participates with the colleagues of the Union of Arab Banks through this forum of Baghdad's economic and banking sector. Baghdad, which is used to being the Arab embodiment of all which is good and unifies, and which is expected to increase in the coming days, insuring a side of cooperation and development at the level of the Arab economic policies and advanced banking industries, bringing back the area's placement in the management of its resources, at least at the regional level.

It is not a secret that there is a weakness in the economic diversity in Iraq, and its dependence on a main supply which is oil, and which reflects the economic specifications. Despite this economic infrastructure which we have inherited, at this time it presents a unique opportunity to create economic change and speed up development. This is in comparison to developing economies, especially the Iraqi economy, enrichment in human resources, materialism, and other economic areas. We identified significant sources in Iraq which could have accomplished this earlier, and changed the social and economic reality on many fronts, had it been used in the right form. Hence, we look to preserve these resources and prevent their loss. This is not only due to our legal and managerial responsibilities, as well as the trust placed in us, but also due to the fact that this is an opportunity for the growth, prosperity and development for our future generations.

Since 2003, the CBI has taken a number of steps and measures, restlessly balancing between the traditional approach towards conservative monetary policy and between the possible economic consequences of this one sided policy. Thus, it is the return of the traditional policy to prevent the distortion of this policy, and to promote economic stability.

The CBI has an independent regulatory authority responsible for the overseeing of the banking sector. It continuously strives to promote the legal environment, creating more productivity in the banking sector. There is a development of the stable banking organizations, and the overseeing and development of the services of the bank, including the increase of electronic services in its various forms, globally available, and a plan to increase the banking work force to increase one bank for every 40,000 individuals in Iraq.

My banking colleagues: We recognize that the opportunities and roles in the sector are limited. And at this time the returns and profits are declining. However, it is unacceptable that our revenue sources and our actual investments, continue to compete with the currency. We have adopted an exclusive law of the reserves at 15%. 10% is kept by the CBI, and 5% is kept at the bank itself, allowing for larger investment opportunities for the bank.

The economic management in Iraq is based on a documented constitution geared towards the market economy. In a country where the main resource for a foreign currency is the overall economic activity, here the responsibility to maintain this currency falls on the central bank while the true sources of income insure this.

From here, the role of the central bank continues. Even in the past three months, it strives to protect this currency for economic activities through the banking sector, to preserve the validity of the procession towards the market economy. This is done keeping within the legal realm of transactions. There has also been an activation of regulatory tools, as well as coordination with the authorities placed to combat money laundering. There is also cooperation with the border control, including the entrance from the province of Kurdistan. This approach complies with increased economic freedom, as well as the insurance of the safety of our private banks. There is also a commitment to support the work of these banks in expanding their boundaries from national to Arab to global. Therefore, we are very serious in continuously striving to build a safe economic and banking future, and to achieve the reality of absolute discretion in spending money in the proper way, maintaining security.

We work from this platform, which resolves sensitive issues in the activities of the banking and economic sector, in order to succeed in providing practical recommendations to develop performance to serve our society and nation. I would like to thank all of our research colleagues, who have researched, communicated and presented. In conclusion, I thank our colleagues at the Union of Arab Banks, the Global Bank and the Iraqi Banks, for their efforts, and we hope for increased communication, because nothing scratches your skin like your nail. (This is just a saying which implies that they are one through their common goals, etc.)

It is a priority to start building together without waiting for tomorrow. We must build this starting now. Those who do the weight of an atom will see wealth. (Meaning even those who do a little will see blessings)

And peace be upon you, as well as God's mercy and blessings.

Imagine that......translation completely different from what the gurus tell everyone it is......lol

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Imagine that......translation completely different from what the gurus tell everyone it is......lol

Actually It Was Originally Translated By Alexyn Here On DV Along With Her Son In Law.

Kaperoni I Think May Have Had His Interpreter Look At It Afterwards Too.

I Know That Kaperoni And Also Med Made Comments From The Initial Interpretation.

- CNN

B)B)B)

• Upvote 3

Actually It Was Originally Translated By Alexyn Here On DV Along With Her Son In Law.

Kaperoni I Think May Have Had His Interpreter Look At It Afterwards Too.

I Know That Kaperoni And Also Med Made Comments From The Initial Interpretation.

- CNN

B)/> B)/> B)/>

No offense to Alexyn, but i find it hard to believe any special translator from a guru who just likes to tell people what they wanna hear.......aka Kap/Stryker etc....

Now lets just say that all those statements supposedly said are true, i think we all can agree that the CBI would not come right out and tell the world their plans to revalue the dinar. I must also add that the times they have directly talked about raising the value of the dinar, it was also referring to deleting the zeros/lopping the zeros which would not be profitable. So even if they did say those things as some have stated, it really doesnt say a whole lot about which direction they are headed.....you cannot conclude that the CBI is straight up.revaluing nor that they are gonna lop.....but if i had to choose which sounds more believable given the track record of kap/stryker and such, i would go with the version coolbeans posted......its much more realistic....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

No offense to Alexyn, but i find it hard to believe any special translator from a guru who just likes to tell people what they wanna hear.......aka Kap/Stryker etc....

Now lets just say that all those statements supposedly said are true, i think we all can agree that the CBI would not come right out and tell the world their plans to revalue the dinar. I must also add that the times they have directly talked about raising the value of the dinar, it was also referring to deleting the zeros/lopping the zeros which would not be profitable. So even if they did say those things as some have stated, it really doesnt say a whole lot about which direction they are headed.....you cannot conclude that the CBI is straight up.revaluing nor that they are gonna lop.....but if i had to choose which sounds more believable given the track record of kap/stryker and such, i would go with the version coolbeans posted......its much more realistic....

yawn.gif
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Go to another site like Going Global East Meets West for the real translation. They posted and then apologized for the misinformation and then posted the correct translation. Very little is said about the Iraqi Currency.

Kaperoni is a clown and a pumper. Nuff said...my favorite Okie Quote

We should all know no one will know for sure if they RV will happen because it is a Top Secret occurrence that will only be known by people in the know. This is a National/International Security issue for Iraq and possibly the rest of the world.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I know i know......reality can be more boring then imagination at times.....

Reality OK Im all in!!

How about you take a copy of it and you get it translated, You do seem to have all the answer, so getting your own version translated, won't be such of a Big problem for ya, and I will do the same thing... (in fact I'm working on it now)..Then we can compare..How about that..then we can see you contribute to the cause, instead of degrading Folks and any Post that you feel need to make your statement on this Investment..How about some Reality you IN or you OUT!!

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

LOL look at you baby boy ^k post later and still talking about the same thing....get a life already...this thing has consumed you. You should talk to someone. Nothing you have said or say has come to fruition.

You know what that means....that's right nothing. You know no more than anyone else how this will end.

If you stop believing everything you read or someone tells you....youd be a lot better off.

Funny azz **** you are still here every single day....arguing the same every day :lol:

Get a life already.....Ive told you 100x before...their never gonna tell you how it ends and no matter how much you wanna discredit everyone else out there who doesn't see it the same as you.....you still wont know.

Its simple....2 ways it ends....LOP and you are a GENIUS :o orrrrrrrr It RVs and you are.....well you know how that goes.

Still laughing...your life cant be that bad......spend some time with that baby of yours already.....life is passing you by ;)

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Reality OK Im all in!!

How about you take a copy of it and you get it translated, You do seem to have all the answer, so getting your own version translated, won't be such of a Big problem for ya, and I will do the same thing... (in fact I'm working on it now)..Then we can compare..How about that..then we can see you contribute to the cause, instead of degrading Folks and any Post that you feel need to make your statement on this Investment..How about some Reality you IN or you OUT!!

Yota he has an agenda against Stryker. Simple............. and as we both know better Stryker is one of the best and grounded sources out there.

Can you say AX to grind??? :butt-kicking:

Quad B)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Yota he has an agenda against Stryker. Simple............. and as we both know better Stryker is one of the best and grounded sources out there.

Can you say AX to grind??? :butt-kicking:/>

Quad B)/>

"grounded source"? Stryker always came across as a guru wanna be and a bully to anyone that challenged his opinions. He can take any article coming out of Iraq and spin it into a pro-RV article. He may be a nice guy on a personal level but has zero credibility when it comes to the dinar in my book.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Reality OK Im all in!!

Its simple really....no need to waste time translating it 1000 times....

Could they have said all those things? Maybe....still doesnt mean anything more then what they have said in previous articles wanting to raise the value of the dinar.....

Now again, MOST of the time when referrencing raising the value, they have been talking about a RD.....

So lets say for sh*ts and giggles that they are NOT talking about doing this by rebasing the currency.....ask yourself would they really be announcing to the world a straight up RV?? Hmmmm.....highly unlikely....matter of fact, they wouldnt.....central banks HATE speculators....

There are currently two different versions of this "translation" around......and if I had to choose which one sounds more likely, it would be the one that IS NOT coming from anyone that twists every negative article into something good....

= ) love you yota!!! Hahaha

LOL look at you baby boy ^k post later and still talking about the same thing....get a life already...this thing has consumed you. You should talk to someone. Nothing you have said or say has come to fruition.

You know what that means....that's right nothing. You know no more than anyone else how this will end.

If you stop believing everything you read or someone tells you....youd be a lot better off.

Funny azz **** you are still here every single day....arguing the same every day laugh.gif

Get a life already.....Ive told you 100x before...their never gonna tell you how it ends and no matter how much you wanna discredit everyone else out there who doesn't see it the same as you.....you still wont know.

Its simple....2 ways it ends....LOP and you are a GENIUS ohmy.gif orrrrrrrr It RVs and you are.....well you know how that goes.

Still laughing...your life cant be that bad......spend some time with that baby of yours already.....life is passing you by wink.gif

Hey booboo....glad to see your still around....missed you!!! We should do lunch sometime...... biggrin.gif

Can you say AX to grind??? ass-kicking.gif

Quad cool.gif

No axe to grind against anyone specific.....just those who lie and mislead others.....I do have a conscious.....

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

1) Mr. Turki stated that Iraq has major resources; which, of course, oil is a part of, but there are also other major sources of wealth within Iraq.

2) Mr. Turki stated these resources will effect the Iraq economy strongly.

3) Mr. Turki went on to state Iraq soon plans on applying this wealth to back the currency of Iraq, for the benefit of the Iraqi peoples.

we all can read for ourselves we know this is not what they have been saying all along .. they have wealth they will be attaching to the backing of the currency ..its not attached yet but will be soon .. so the 1166 is not the real value of the dinar, no one else knows what the new value will be .. :lol:/>/> because they been saying this same thing all along ,, ever since 2003 twice a week and 5 times on sunday ..

except all the lopsters been arguing against it all along saying nope they cant back their currency with anything but the reserves.. i call bull kakki

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1) Mr. Turki stated that Iraq has major resources; which, of course, oil is a part of, but there are also other major sources of wealth within Iraq.

2) Mr. Turki stated these resources will effect the Iraq economy strongly.

3) Mr. Turki went on to state Iraq soon plans on applying this wealth to back the currency of Iraq, for the benefit of the Iraqi peoples.

we all can read for ourselves we know this is not what they have been saying all along .. they have wealth they will be attaching to the backing of the currency ..its not attached yet but will be soon .. so the 1166 is not the real value of the dinar, no one else knows what the new value will be .. :lol:/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/> because they been saying this same thing all along ,, ever since 2003 twice a week and 5 times on sunday ..

Except that if you read the translation that coolbeans provided, none of these statements were every said.

except all the lopsters been arguing against it all along saying nope they cant back their currency with anything but the reserves.. i call bull kakki

If a machine translation of some country's lunar exploration plans turns out to say that they intend to swim to the moon, you can be quite certain that there has been a mistake in translation. Likewise with backing a currency with oil, or worse yet future oil, or the assets of private citizens. Which translation should we trust more, the one that says they are going to swim to the moon, or the one that says they will use rockets?
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Except that if you read the translation that coolbeans provided, none of these statements were every said.

If a machine translation of some country's lunar exploration plans turns out to say that they intend to swim to the moon, you can be quite certain that there has been a mistake in translation. Likewise with backing a currency with oil, or worse yet future oil, or the assets of private citizens. Which translation should we trust more, the one that says they are going to swim to the moon, or the one that says they will use rockets?

i agree there are two different translations here i dindt see the other one till now that cool beans put out .. , this seems like it is in line with the boring look on those in the audience had .. i would think if he was saying they were going to be rich soon their would of been alot of smiles and cheering going on .. well im done with that .. man for a couple days i was thinking someone let the cat out of the bag and things are ready to pop . thanks cent

i agree there are two different translations here i dindt see the other one till now that cool beans put out .. , this seems like it is in line with the boring look on those in the audience had .. i would think if he was saying they were going to be rich soon their would of been alot of smiles and cheering going on .. well im done with that .. man for a couple days i was thinking someone let the cat out of the bag and things are ready to pop . thanks cent

:)

"grounded source"? Stryker always came across as a guru wanna be and a bully to anyone that challenged his opinions. He can take any article coming out of Iraq and spin it into a pro-RV article. He may be a nice guy on a personal level but has zero credibility when it comes to the dinar in my book.

Seems you have been around here a long time .................huh

Do you follow Stryker?

I do and he is a research hound.

Have a nice day!

Quad B)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Seems you have been around here a long time .................huh

Do you follow Stryker?

I do and he is a research hound.

Have a nice day!

Quad B)/>

Been around long enough to read his article breakdowns and analysis, including his breakdowns regarding the Arab summit last year in which he predicted the RV to happen. I believe he does research, but he's searching for clues to support a RV. IMO Iraq is not going to offer clues regarding a RV to the public. So searching for such clues (like Strykers analysis of border closings a clue that it was about to RV) is sheer non sense.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Been around long enough to read his article breakdowns and analysis, including his breakdowns regarding the Arab summit last year in which he predicted the RV to happen. I believe he does research, but he's searching for clues to support a RV. IMO Iraq is not going to offer clues regarding a RV to the public. So searching for such clues (like Strykers analysis of border closings a clue that it was about to RV) is sheer non sense.

If im not mistaken, he also called it this past month.....based off what? I have no clue.....not sure he did either.....lol......

But enough about him....he is a great guy..... laugh.gif

(where is the sarcastic smiley face?)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

You seem like keep... your another know it all as well..here to have his back or as he states Butt Hurt some folks...I just Love folks that Judge people when they don't even really know them to Judge them..(that goes for anybody) You know this Site use to really Rock, ( We use to see Hundreds in the Morning just about everyday last year) right now 9 members, 38 guests, 0 anonymous users...why is that..I get folks all the time PM, what happen to DV, they always run off folks that help, and keep the folks that contribute NOTHING (I'm not stating you can't have a opinion) just as your comment that create stagnation that keep bringing this site down, prove what you state Zero Credibility with the constant degrading of folks that try to figure out and help the cause..Soon DV will have almost Zero in attendance..as it is now..Oh they state you got have Thick Skin to hang out at DV..Well my skin is Thick and I can handle it..But right now it don't matter how Thick it is..I'm just tired of it.. the effort put out by a Bunch of Great Folks..for folks like you and keep to degrade almost ever positive article..well I'm Out of Here.. time for a Break..(go hang out somewhere else) And Keep I figure your lazy smart a$$ mouth wouldn't put a effort into the Video..Thanks for the Reality and as some members state's you Bring so much to the Table..Well I say BS to them..You taken away from this site more then you have Brought...JMO

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 3