Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Chicago Shootings. 7 People Killed in 1 Day

krome2ez

7 people killed in shootings

during bloody Chicago day

Published January 27, 2013

Associated Press

CHICAGO – Chicago authorities say seven people were killed and six wounded in gun violence in one day.

Among those killed Saturday was a 34-year-old man whose mother had already lost her three other children to shootings. Police say Ronnie Chambers, who was his mother's youngest child, was shot in the head while sitting in a car.

"Right now, I'm totally lost because Ronnie was my only surviving son," said his mother, Shirley Chambers.

Shirley Chambers' first child, Carlos, was shot and killed by a high school classmate in 1995 after an argument. He was 18. Her daughter Latoya, then 15, and her other son Jerome were shot and killed within months of one another in 2000.

Police say two separate double-homicide shootings also occurred Saturday about 12 hours apart.

In one, a 16-year-old boy and a 32-year-old man were killed.

In another, two men were shot at a hamburger stand on the city's South Side. Police say the victims were roommates in their 40s.

Chicago's homicide count eclipsed 500 last year for the first time since 2008. Chicago's homicide rate was almost double in the early 1990s, averaging around 900.

Last year's increase, though, stood in sharp contrast to New York, where homicides fell 21 percent from 2011, as of early December.

Click here for more from MyFoxChicago.com.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/27/at-least-5-die-in-shootings-on-bloody-chicago-day/#ixzz2JHH7oT45

• Upvote 2

Among those killed Saturday was a 34-year-old man whose mother had already lost her three other children to shootings. Police say Ronnie Chambers, who was his mother's youngest child, was shot in the head while sitting in a car.

"Right now, I'm totally lost because Ronnie was my only surviving son," said his mother, Shirley Chambers.

Shirley Chambers' first child, Carlos, was shot and killed by a high school classmate in 1995 after an argument. He was 18. Her daughter Latoya, then 15, and her other son Jerome were shot and killed within months of one another in 2000.

End Quote

Unbearable and unacceptable.

• Upvote 1

It's been 6 weeks that my AR-15 has been sitting on the table (not accessible by any children or adults ) and it still hasn't shot anyone ....hhhmmmmm

Wow thats strange!! Maybe a spineless liberal can answer that one, since their so smart!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Wow thats strange!! Maybe a spineless liberal can answer that one, since their so smart!!

You guys bring nothing to prove me wrong, the only thing you guys are good at is pressing the neg button, and saying something that has no substance and then pat each other on the back like little kids or better yet like Beavus and butthead, hehehehehe nobody took my gun hehehehehe that should teach him hehhehehe yeah that should teach him hehehehehe.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

You guys bring nothing to prove me wrong, the only thing you guys are good at is pressing the neg button, and saying something that has no substance and then pat each other on the back like little kids or better yet like Beavus and butthead, hehehehehe nobody took my gun hehehehehe that should teach him hehhehehe yeah that should teach him hehehehehe.

Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the country and look what that has caused. Plus Chicago is full of gangs and underworld organizations. How much substance do you need. Pull your head out of your rear end liberal!

• Upvote 6

i wonder why biden and obama dont go on tv and tell everyone they are not allowed to do that .. and regulate it ..if they write it down on a piece of paper and obama signs it .. wont that make it go away .. if obama could just save one life he would do it .. but i guess he doesnt think he can save any lives in his pretend home town chicago.

• Upvote 4

Morning Tony! Well... please consider that your post teemed with sarcasm, so.... let's keep it substantive! ;)

This is a Constitutional issue, that's the substance many of us focus on... over and over.

As far as I'm concerned, I've "proven" that in this ongoing discussion... but it is not a debate. There is nothing to debate...

As I've been saying:

Don't fall for the false-premise rhetoric... there is no such thing as "gun control". It is a made-up term.

We either have our full Second Amendment Right... or full gun-grab Constitutional violation...

There is no "in-between", called gun control, spouted by the media. The more they make it a talking point (among others), the more people believe it's a real concept. Don't validate the false narrative by participating in it. Reject what doesn't exist.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/user/20836-jaxinjersey/#ixzz2JHcFlxB9

• Upvote 6

Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the country and look what that has caused. Plus Chicago is full of gangs and underworld organizations. How much substance do you need. Pull your head out of your rear end liberal!

of course they got underground corruption in chicago.. they regulated the cops .. the aclu made it impossible for the police to do their job.. :lol:

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 2

Yep just like detroit. inner city shootings occur on a daily basis. EVEN THOUGH CHICAGO HAS THE MOST STRICT GUN LAWS IN THE NATION.

But that don't matter

These crimes are being committed with illeagal fire arms.

But that don't matter

Honest LAW BIDDING CITIZENS Have no way to protect themselves from the violence.

But that don't matter

90% of these crimes and killings are done with hand guns NOT AR15`s

But that dont matter

80% of the country does not live in a big inner city . we do not see crime like this

But that dont matter

All that matters is the people like tony that thinks its fair to make rules for the rest of us based on a small percentage of the populace. Who`s getting shot up because of gun laws that dont work. So lets just create more that dont work. hahahahaha Yeah thats the ticket.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

here tony ..if it needs explained to you .. again for the 50 millionth time .. here .. ted nugent nails it in this 3 minute video . .. who thinks they have the right to tell you ,,that you cant defend yourself . ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlkhQ6GybPs

watch the video tony .. it will make a man out of you .

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 2

Morning Tony! Well... please consider that your post teemed with sarcasm, so.... let's keep it substantive! ;)src="http://dinarvets.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif">

This is a Constitutional issue, that's the substance many of us focus on... over and over.

As far as I'm concerned, I've "proven" that in this ongoing discussion... but it is not a debate. There is nothing to debate...

As I've been saying:

Don't fall for the false-premise rhetoric... there is no such thing as "gun control". It is a made-up term.

We either have our full Second Amendment Right... or full gun-grab Constitutional violation...

There is no "in-between", called gun control, spouted by the media. The more they make it a talking point (among others), the more people believe it's a real concept. Don't validate the false narrative by participating in it. Reject what doesn't exist.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz2JHcFlxB9

Morning Jax, you're the only one here that can carry a conversation like grown ups, even though we disagree on this issue I like to bring facts, in 1787 there were 13 states when the second amendment was written now we have 52 states and each state has their own set of laws on gun control, now I've made it clear many times that I'm not against the second amendment and I'm not against your rights to bear arms, but the way it's set up now it's a lot easier for the criminals to get guns than it is for the law abiding citizen, we need a universal law that the law abiding citizens can still have their guns but make hard if not impossible for the criminals to buy guns, and I know we will never keep all criminals from getting their hands on guns but if we can keep the majority of them out of reach of guns it's a win win for everyone, and this is where I stand.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The truth smacks you in the face everyday but you hard core Republicans fail to see it everytime, I have hard core Republicans in my family and I know exactly how you think "it's my way or the highway " " fox news the only real news out there " does that sound familiar, I thank God my eyes are open to see the truth, in 1787 when the second amendment was written there were 13 states now we have 52 do you see a problem yet, now each state have their own little some even less set of laws on gun control, still don't see a problem, Chicago has strict set of laws on guns but how about the neighboring states? if you still can't see a problem maybe the hate you feel for the current president will not allow you to see anything clear.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

tony you can make a gun in 10 minutes . look it up .. you can make gunpowder .. look it up .. if a bad guy wants a gun ,, no piece of paper at city hall can stop him from having one .. the knowlege is out there now .. it didnt use to be where everyone could use the internet to learn and see how to make a gun and gun powder .. now more that ever people need to protect them selves from the mentally deranged .. you cant take away someones defense mechanism .. and think that will stop mental derangement .. my dad raised 5 kids .. he always had a weapon of his choice .. but only took it out one time but never used it ..that was the day of the killing of martin luther king and riots were taking place .. it wasnt to go shoot smmeone but to defend his family .. do you know wht mob violence is .. ?

if not watch the reginald denny video during the la riots .. you need something to protect yourself .. you or no one elsecan say you dont .. you have no right to say im not allowed to protect myself in a suffecient mannor

you cannot guarentee there will never be mob violence in this world again .. or you cannot guarentee our country will never be invaded .. if you are an american its your duty to take out a mental case whos on a shooting spree ... its your duty to be armed to defend your country in case of an invasion ... ive never owned a gun in my life .. but i am definatly thinking about buying one after all the mass shootings .. and protesting by violent unions .. and liberals .. i dont think i need to buy a gun because of tea pary demonstrations .. they were peaceful gun owning constitution loving americans ,, but the liberal anarchists .. and union violent demonstrations . yep i must now buy a gun. you can thank the mental cases . and the liberals ..

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1

Morning Jax, you're the only one here that can carry a conversation like grown ups, even though we disagree on this issue I like to bring facts, in 1787 there were 13 states when the second amendment was written now we have 52 states and each state has their own set of laws on gun control, now I've made it clear many times that I'm not against the second amendment and I'm not against your rights to bear arms, but the way it's set up now it's a lot easier for the criminals to get guns than it is for the law abiding citizen, we need a universal law that the law abiding citizens can still have their guns but make hard if not impossible for the criminals to buy guns, and I know we will never keep all criminals from getting their hands on guns but if we can keep the majority of them out of reach of guns it's a win win for everyone, and this is where I stand.

I understand your position Tony, and your frustration. But, really, the cause of all of this contentious discussion is because it is a false-argument. You are just immersed in it. I remain calm about it because I won't allow the false-narrative to cause the "knee-jerk" emotional response it intends... one that you, and many others are affected by. It is impossible to have a resolute discussion based on this. Unfortunately, even those on the Rights side of the discussion are perpetuating the false-narrative by participating in it... stating and refuting "facts" and "stats', etc. They are irrelevant. We should ONLY be discussing the Second Amendment Right itself. In that, it cannot, and should not, be convoluted by "laws". It's that simple. My position is proven, and will always be the same in ANY discussion about this... the SOLUTION already exists among our 50 state union. I can't debate something that doesn't truly exist. There is no "gun control", other than what is falsely presented as such. Focus on the Amendment, solely. I don't know how to more simply express this! :o

• Upvote 2

7 people killed in shootings

during bloody Chicago day

Published January 27, 2013

Associated Press

CHICAGO – Chicago authorities say seven people were killed and six wounded in gun violence in one day.

Police say two separate double-homicide shootings also occurred Saturday about 12 hours apart.

In one, a 16-year-old boy and a 32-year-old man were killed.

In another, two men were shot at a hamburger stand on the city's South Side. Police say the victims were roommates in their 40s.

Chicago's homicide count eclipsed 500 last year for the first time since 2008. Chicago's homicide rate was almost double in the early 1990s, averaging around 900.

Last year's increase, though, stood in sharp contrast to New York, where homicides fell 21 percent from 2011, as of early December.

Click here for more from MyFoxChicago.com.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2JHH7oT45

I say stiffer penalties for rogue firearms! At the very least offer counceling.wink.gif

• Upvote 1

The truth smacks you in the face everyday but you hard core Republicans fail to see it everytime, I have hard core Republicans in my family and I know exactly how you think "it's my way or the highway " " fox news the only real news out there " does that sound familiar, I thank God my eyes are open to see the truth, in 1787 when the second amendment was written there were 13 states now we have 52 do you see a problem yet, now each state have their own little some even less set of laws on gun control, still don't see a problem, Chicago has strict set of laws on guns but how about the neighboring states? if you still can't see a problem maybe the hate you feel for the current president will not allow you to see anything clear.

Tony, the "truth smacks you in the face" YOU ARE THE ONE NOT SEEING IT! Chicago has the strictest gun laws in America, yet it's the murder capital of the U.S.. Why is that? Can you explain that?

You claim you're not against the 2nd amendment, yet you bring up 1787 as if we don't need the 2nd amendment anymore. Do you think it's just an old law that we don't need today? Do you understand why the founding fathers put the 2nd amendment in the Bill of Rights? Here's a hint...Tyrannical government, not hunting or sport shooting. Those are just benefits of it.

There are thousands of gun laws out there and murder is against the law, yet it doesn't deter the idiots pulling the triggers that kill innocent law abiding people. The solution is not to attack law abiding people, the solution is to target criminals and the mentally ill. Criminals mostly get their weapons ILLEGALLY anyway. But, I can get behind background checks, NOT registration. But don't tell me, a law abiding person, what guns I can and cannot own. Criminals don't give a DAMN about laws. You know that drugs are against the law. How well are those laws working Tony? Illegal immigration is against the law, how well is that law working, Tony?

The only thing more restrictive gun laws will do, is make more law abiding people into victims or outlaws. Funny how just about everyone in public life, that's calling for more gun laws, are being protected by GUNS. Why is it good enough for the Presidents children to be protected by guns but not for everyone else's children?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Your eyes are open to liberal morons like obummer, biden, pelosi, reid, feinstein, boxer, etc. Anti-American traitors. I dont watch Fox News, too liberal for me.

• Upvote 1

Your eyes are open to liberal morons like obummer, biden, pelosi, reid, feinstein, boxer, etc. Anti-American traitors. I dont watch Fox News, too liberal for me.

i agree on the fox news comment . im more in tune to glen beck ...ted nugent news than fox