Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam's Drive-by, Saturday Jan. 26th

Pat H

Thanks Adam!!! :D

It is great that Adam is giving us, not only some encouragement, but a heads up!

Even if nothing happens, it is a good sign, that Adam is seeing something positive enough, to give us this intel!!

Again, thank you Adam!

Go RV!!!

:):):)

• Upvote 5

I aready have a nice spot picked out in Belize cant wait to move in .Go RV!!! :)/>/>/> :D/>/>/>

Not sure how seriously this was meant to be taken. But, just FYI it is my understanding (having been to Belize a couple of times for diving) that you can only have foreign currency in one of their offshore or "international" banks, and no one living in Belize can have an account in such a bank. Legal residents can only have accounts in commercial banks, and those accounts can not hold foreign currency.

There are also few if any consumer protection laws nor do I recall that they offer anything like FDIC deposit protection. So I would proceed with extreme caution. For expats living in Belize, the advice I have heard (from them, though this was 10 years ago) is to keep the bulk of you money in a US bank and transfer it over only when you need it to pay local bills. US dollars work fine in Belize (no coins), though you will get change in Belize currency. According to the law merchants are not supposed to accept foreign currency, but the few that I dealt with for odds and ends all did when I was there.

Edited by makecents
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4