Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Things are sure heating up in Iraq..

easyrider

Anbar demonstrators: Maliki last chance for the implementation of popular demands

%D8%AA%D8%B8%D8%A7%D9%87%D8%B1%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D9%85%D8%A7%D8%AF%D9%8A-660x320-1.jpg?9d7bd4

Gray (IBA) called on tens of thousands of people of Anbar government to implement the popular demands, raising the slogan "The people want to bring down the regime."

And as the source of the organizers of the demonstrations to prepare participants in a demonstration today by more than one million people, gathered at the highway where the headquarters of international protest to the people of Anbar, demanding implementation of their demands, as well as to bring down the regime.

He pointed out: that the protesters had threatened Prime Minister to come crawling to Baghdad in the event of non-implementation of their demands, what the preacher said Friday that led prayer demonstrators that Maliki has one last chance to implement the demands of the demonstrators.

http://ipairaq.com/?p=74723

I believe we are about to see Maliki get the boot or a massive Iraqi spring, something is coming folks and lets hope the people finally get what they deserve. Jobs, food, electricity and homes and an increase of value in their currency smile.gif

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 9

I believe we are about to see Maliki get the boot or a massive Iraqi spring, something is coming folks and lets hope the people finally get what they deserve. Jobs, food, electricity and homes and an increase of value in their currency smile.gif

All with Ya on that Easy, So far peaceful demonstrations, lets see it settled that way, no more bloodshed.

Give Maliki the Boot ass-kicking.gif

DropItLikeItsHot GO RV biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Waiting

This large of a protest is great to see as long as it remains peaceful which I think it will. The last time they had a photo of a protest it consisted of about 25 people. This one looks like the real deal. One way or another, it looks like Maliki's days are numbered.

Does anyone know when the elections are?

Thanks

• Upvote 1

This large of a protest is great to see as long as it remains peaceful which I think it will. The last time they had a photo of a protest it consisted of about 25 people. This one looks like the real deal. One way or another, it looks like Maliki's days are numbered.

Does anyone know when the elections are?

Thanks

According to the ticker,(on CNN) I saw that GOI troops fired at protesters............That is all I have seen about it and have not seen an article confirming........If that is truthful we have a problem and we have all been waiting for the other shoe to drop...........If Maliki has drawn blood of the protesters this is gonna get messy. How can he rule? Get Out if Chapter7? Do anything but leave now while he can?

If anyone see's an article about it please post. However if they did open fire ............Breathe Heavy.......That ain't good, that ain't good at all!!...........Automag...holding my breath.

Army kills six as Iraq demos call for PM to quit

FALLUJAH, Iraq - Agence France-Presse

January/25/2013

Anti-government protesters gather in the western Iraqi city of Ramadi on January 25, 2013.

Six demonstrators were killed and 35 wounded when soldiers opened fire west of Baghdad as tens of thousands rallied in Sunni-majority areas calling for Iraq's Shiite leader to quit on Friday.

The deaths were the first at the hands of the security forces since massive protests began in mainly Sunni Arab areas of Iraq more than a month ago, railing against alleged targeting of their minority community by the Shiite-led authorities.

The demonstration in Fallujah, 60 kilometres (about 35 miles) west of Baghdad, was one of several that began after Friday prayers across the country, while Shiite clerics called on the government to heed their demands.

Protesters had been moving to an area in east Fallujah but were blocked off by soldiers deployed from Baghdad, Fallujah police Captain Nasser Awad told AFP. They began throwing bottles of water at the troops, who then opened fire.

Six demonstrators were killed, all of them from gunshot wounds, said Khaled Khalaf al-Rawi, a doctor at Fallujah hospital. Rawi said 35 others were wounded, the majority of them as a result of gunfire.

Saadun Shaalan, a provincial councillor in Anbar, which surrounds Fallujah, said the army had been ordered to vacate the town and transfer security responsibility to the police.

Mosques in Fallujah used loudspeakers to call for calm, and security forces imposed a curfew across the town.

Similar demonstrations, meanwhile, took place in the nearby city of Ramadi, like Fallujah a mostly Sunni town in the western province of Anbar, as well as the cities of Samarra, Mosul and Baquba, all north of Baghdad.

Rallies also took place in Sunni neighbourhoods of the capital.

The longest-running of the protests, in Ramadi, has cut off a key trade route linking Baghdad to Jordan and Syria for a month.

"The government should respond immediately to the demands of protesters, before we start a revolution and put an end to it (the government)," said Hassan al-Zaidi, a tribal chief who was protesting in Baquba.

Demonstrators in Samarra held banners calling for Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to quit, while protesters in Baquba called for the "fall of the regime", and held banners that read, "Iran out, Baghdad always free", referring to Sunni claims that the government is controlled by Shiite neighbour Iran.

Rallies also called for freeing prisoners who demonstrators allege are being wrongfully held, with one banner in Mosul reading, "Enough talk -- break the doors of the prisons".

Shiite clerics, meanwhile, called for the government to heed demonstrators' demands.

"There must be agreement with the demands," Sadr al-Din al-Qubanji, linked to the Supreme Iraqi Islamic Council political bloc, said in his Friday sermon in the holy Shiite city of Najaf, south of Baghdad.

"Nobody can say that the government is clean from errors." If the authorities did not work to address protesters' demands, Qubanji warned, "There is another way, which can collapse the entire political process in Iraq." The protests have hardened opposition against Maliki and come amid a political crisis less than three months ahead of key provincial elections.

Demonstrators began by criticising the alleged exploitation of anti-terror laws to detain Sunnis wrongfully, but have since moved on to calling for the premier to quit.

The government has sought to curb the rallies by claiming to have released nearly 900 prisoners in recent weeks, with a senior minister publicly apologising for holding detainees without charge.

Here's another...not good. Kaperoni posted these on DA so I can't take credit for finding them.

Iraqi describe the killing and wounding a number of demonstrators in Fallujah blatant assault on unarmed citizens

Date: 01/25/2013 22:55:39 Friday

Baghdad (news) .. and described the Iraqi List clashes in the city of Fallujah between protesters and members of the army, which has killed more than 60 dead and wounded, attacked blatant unarmed citizens, loaded with the National Alliance responsibility "actions of Prime Minister, which led to the deterioration of the sudden."

A statement from the list, followed by MP Salman Jumaili after a meeting of the list in the office of House Speaker Osama Nujaifi: that the Iraqis were surprised today, while pretending it our people holy to claim their constitutional and legal peacefully, the position is not an official from the security forces and the firing on demonstrators What is a crime punished by law.

The statement added: that the security forces whose duty to protect the Iraqi people and protect its borders, came out today about national responsibility, legal and targeted people rather than to defend him, and what happened today was not a clash between peaceful protesters and the army, but was a blatant attack on unarmed citizens, LED to fall more than 60 of the dead and wounded.

The statement noted: that the Iraqi List, while condemning this heinous crime, they bear the commander in chief of the armed forces full responsibility for the blood that flowed unlawfully demanding to take legal action against the criminals, killers who attacked the Iraqis today.

And carried the Iraqi National Alliance national responsibility, legal and moral for the actions of al-Maliki, which led to the deterioration of the sudden that happened on Friday as the bloc that belongs to them, Prime Minister, and demanded the coalition to provide an alternative candidate for Maliki respects Iraqi blood and preserves the unity and stability of Iraq and its security.

And he saw: dialogues futile unless Maliki, who is replaced Pat and his presence a threat to the unity and stability of Iraq, demanding the withdrawal of army troops and federal police and replace local police forces.

It called for: the formation of a parliamentary committee urgently to accounting squatters on demonstrators after interrogation claim religious authorities and political forces support the demands of the masses replace Maliki being no longer secretary on Iraqi blood Tahir and the unity of Iraq holy, calling the demonstrators to exercise restraint and maintain the peaceful demonstrations being demanding their rights legitimate.

The statement called for: international organizations, the Arab League and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation and the United Nations, to intervene immediately to bring about civil peace that political forces could not reach successive results to solve crises. / End / t. St. /

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&u=http://www.ikhnews.com/news.php%3Faction%3Dview%26id%3D72377&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D8%25B9%25D8%25B1%25D8%25A7%25D9%2582%2B%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D8%25AF%25D9%258A%25D9%2586%25D8%25A7%25D8%25B1%26start%3D80%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN%26tbo%3Dd%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D595%26tbs%3Dqdr:d&sa=X&ei=IuoCUZaKAcbzyAGDk4CQAg&ved=0CFQQ7gEwBThQ

I exhale a weary sigh and complain.... Thanks for posting this.....I see death and destruction and no end in sight......Right now I would think chapter 7 is gonna be extended....IMO and rightly so. I as the US government would not vote to let them out until Maliki was gone as this happened on his watch and he seemingly was warned not to frack around by everybody and yet people have died at the hands of soldiers for what? Throwing water bottles? Yeah it would have been something stupid to start it and stupid it was............Alright all you Sunni's....whose you're daddy? Al-Maliki!!

Oh yeah? Well you are not gonna give into Maliki anymore. In fact we gonna shove an AK up his butt. We have been fighting about the line of succession for two thousand years....What's a few more? That has been the whole problem all along.....Shia vs. Sunni..........and now they have the blood of Martrys......Justification for a civil war. Stupid, stupid, ALWAYS stupid people......Thats' why I have no respect for Muslims who fight a never ending conflict over religion....They don't even just fight against any religion but especially Sunni vs.Shiite.

They have been doomed to repeat this stupidity everytime all the time over their hatred for an act that took place two thousand years ago. Sigh.

What can we expect now? That genie is out of the bottle now and cannot go back in........They are gonna fight some way............ So now what?

On the bright side I cannot figure these people out so This could break the dam and movement could happen? But what if we get a civil war? Who knows......It's teetering on a bust.....I am PO'ed.

But I am ever hopeful. Let us pray for a peaceful resolution.......................If I were in charge I would get crazy............I am glad I am not in charge.

• Upvote 1

All I can say......SOFA and 4 more long struggling years.

Think we can protest the government.........all of them.

Do like a ctrl+alt+del and start over..........wouldn't that be nice.

Oh as for Iraq..........the fan sure does smell like......like......like.......manuer.(hope I spelled that right)

All I can say......SOFA and 4 more long struggling years.

Think we can protest the government.........all of them.

Do like a ctrl+alt+del and start over..........wouldn't that be nice.

Oh as for Iraq..........the fan sure does smell like......like......like.......manuer.(hope I spelled that right)

FDISK would be more effective. Anyone out there nerdy(& old) enough to know what fdisk is? :o

Maliki's toast. ;) Sadr the kurds and all holy religious leaders are callin for him to step down. Can't blame them (demostrators)'it's his second term' and things are no better for the people. Every promise he's ever made ,he's broken it..And if there's anyone who might have some dirt on him ,he has them arrested and put in prison.

FDISK would be more effective. Anyone out there nerdy(& old) enough to know what fdisk is? :o/>

Ahh yes, FDISK.

The utility that was usually on a floppy 'Startup Disk'.

Pop that in before you turn on the PC, bootup using the startup disk.

Then at the DOS prompt, use FDISK to delete the C: drive.

Whipe out the whole computer clean in less than 10 minutes. Operating System and all.

Can't do that on the newer pcs of today. Not that I know of.

• Upvote 1

Didn't they say a week or so ago that the Sunni's (who are in the minority in Iraq) were protesting because they want their radical leaders out of prison and a whole bunch of other Sunni's? Were they arrested for legit reasons? Hard to tell in a country with such hatred for each other. But since the Sunni's are in the minority (photos show them gathering at prayer times in their Sunni dominated areas) is it really possible for them to start something that cannot be easily stopped by the Shiite majority in Iraq?

I agree that this battle will never end between these groups. The hatred and willingness to murder to defend their own beliefs drives a great deal of them. SAD!

The original elections of 4 years ago were suppose to take place in January of 09 - they were postphoned (of course) until March 09. It's now been 4 years and they should really have them in January to stay on track - but some say the 4 years is up in March. The Kurds are calling for early elections - this month - which aren't going to happen - with trying to stay on track with January as election month and to possibly get Maliki out early.