Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Should I ask questions to my very close friend with the IRS

linny0830

Hello All, I have a question that I 've been pondering. I am having Easter Dinner with a very close friend that is a high ranking IRS Supervisor. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to talk to him about the Dinar Investment and ways to save on taxes etc. I am like many of you, I have no intentions on cheatting the taxes I owe, granted, I still want to pay as less as possible. Please let me know your thoughts.

Linny

Generally One year. Less than a year, you pay whatever your income tax bracket is (if it hits like we would like, that would be the highest bracket, but who cares). A year or more, the long term capital gains rate.

This is a point of confusion for me. If we're paying short term capital gains, it seems logical that the income from the sale of the dinars would not also count to determine our income bracket. I know there's very little that's fair about the IRS, but if we're paying short term capital gains and using the figure to determine our tax bracket, it seems like double taxing...am I missing something?

I think that long vs short term capital gains as well as the rate is all important. However, I believe that the specific section of the IRS code that controls/dictates this would be the most important of all. I know you are trying to be helpful to us all, but without the specific section it is at best 3rd hand information from a 2nd hand source for us.

All of the folks (roughly six I think) who have asked their accountants about it that I know of ... first said "15% long term capital gains ... but let me check it out". After reviewing the IRS code they all came back and said that they "owe nothing!" I think that is great ... I just have trouble swallowing Uncle not getting his thumb in the pie. And, oh yeah, that is 4th hand info from a 3rd hand source! My point exactly.

Do what you can for us ... everything is appreciated ... got to nail down the IRS code that speaks to this directly I believe ... then we can all look it up and be sure.

Thanks and what are you having for dinnner? LOL

there will be alot of soldiers/contractors in my same shoes in this instance. I bought Dinar in Iraq in 2004 but no receipt since bought on a base. Please ask if your time of deployment on your military records would suffice as a time frame to count as a quasi-receipt. Just a thought. Thank you.

Hello All, I have a question that I 've been pondering. I am having Easter Dinner with a very close friend that is a high ranking IRS Supervisor. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to talk to him about the Dinar Investment and ways to save on taxes etc. I am like many of you, I have no intentions on cheatting the taxes I owe, granted, I still want to pay as less as possible. Please let me know your thoughts.

Linny

Ummm....YES, Please. I for one will not get into a situation with the IRS or government that will cause me problems...not going there!!!