Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

DINAR WILL BE AT $.91 AND THET EXPECTED TO SEE IT AT $1.2 BY TUESDAY

phoenix27

and your point?????

no point its just what the forex has posted for today jan 21 ...0009 cents per dinar .. ive seen these posting in one of those iraq papers before . that were not corect .. i checked the forec was not closed according to its holiday schedule .. they were trading world wide today .. maybe not in the us .. who knows .. but no point ..just adding to the debate ...it would have to be an in coiuntry rv .. its not a global curency

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1

no point its just what the forex has posted for today jan 21 ...0009 cents per dinar .. ive seen these posting in one of those iraq papers before . that were not corect .. i checked the forec was not closed according to its holiday schedule .. they were trading world wide today .. maybe not in the us .. who knows .. but no point ..just adding to the debate ...it would have to be an incountryyRVv .. its not a globalcurrencyy

If I had the time or the inclination, I would pull the archives of that newspaper to see when or if they recently started posting these rates OR if they have changed from previous publications. Don't take me the wrong way dontlop, I am a pretty non aggressive kind of gal, just didn't get where you were headed with the standing value of the iqd on forex. It's all good. I have seen enough wtf's to A) Never look at Yahoo Finance B) Never think theres ever a free lunch and C) Think outside the box. :hug:

:o

I get the machine gun!

I have a concealed weapons permit does that mean I can bring the baby glock? I mean it does have nice crimson trace laser sights. :lol:

• Upvote 4

Actually, Almada Newspaper does give that rate, feel free to take a look, and then slice and dice away......Then we hear the proverbial, "If it's not on CBI Website then it doesn't mean anything" or the even better quote "Forex still shows 1166.00". We could wish it away by saying..... the decimal points in the wrong place. I just offer up this theory; I am also definitely not quitting my job before I get a text from Adam BUT, what if.......just what if, the reason it's not on Forex or published by the CBI is because this is really a in country rate. You definitely wouldn't see a in country rate of a nonconvertible currency as the exchange rate on Forex, nor would it be posted as the exchange rate on the CBI website......just saying..... The newspaper website is referenced below, go to the main page scroll all the way to the bottom left copy and paste "Todays exchange rate" into google translator. Also, if you read the EU documents ratified by Iraq last Wednesday (1-17-2013) it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the exchange rate posted in Almada Newspaper may possibly NOT be a mistake. Obviously, not much we can do with that, but it has made me more than curious myself.

http://www.almadapaper.net/ar/

Myanmar is an Article 14 currency and they changed the rate on April 2nd 2012. The new rate was on the Central bank website immediately.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Myanmar is an Article 14 currency and they changed the rate on April 2nd 2012. The new rate was on the Central bank website immediately.

I don't know that Burma can be compared to the crazy way Iraq goes about conducting banking business, especially in Iraq's infancy stages of reform, but okay....

• Upvote 1

I don't know that Burma can be compared to the crazy way Iraq goes about conducting banking business, especially in Iraq's infancy stages of reform, but okay....

Myanmar is probably more screwed up than Iraq, it is only the speculation that has put Iraq under the microscope. if it wasn't for the Ch7 issue, Myanmar would probably be market leader in terms of sanctions. How many governments have used the black market exchange rate to run the country rather than the Central bank rate?

A lot can be learned to keep a grasp on reality by observing similar situations.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1